[ Variety ] Youth Over Flowers 꽃보다 청춘

argh~ how to describe this variety??
bogum love his brother.
poor our driver bogum who  gets pulled by police..

thumbs for driver pro junyeol.. he said its okay to bogum who bump the car when he tey to drive it.. hahaa
how caring they are... junyeol always look a back to saw his magnae..

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

source: http://kansilay.tumblr.com/post/140817731738/yof-episode-4-preview

YOF Episode 4 preview

corrections welcome!

tumblr_inline_o3uqckXl221roh9cp_500.jpg

source: http://program.interest.me/tvn/floweryoungboy/9/Board/List?b_seq=23

[Youths Over Flowers in Africa] Episode 4 Preview
Broadcast Date: 2016-03-11

The youths have recharged their energy at the Swakopmund Municipal Rest Camp!*
At last… they set out to search for the romance of Africa, the wild animals!**

After maknae Bo Gum’s startling rear-end collision as he was backing out,
the place they were headed to was the world’s largest wildlife protection organization!
The mecca of game driving, Etosha National Park
What are the animal characters that surprised them right from the entrance?

The youths who met the water head-on at the pool!
They start throwing off their underwear in excitement, but…
they start up again with the painful camping manual labor!
‘Outdoor Master Bong’’s second special menu is now open to the public!

The AM88 Brothers who have grown even closer with some alcohol!
Opening up for the first time about the stories of their acting life
and their inner feelings that they have not talked about anywhere else…

March 11 Friday evening at 9:45!
"Youth Over Flowers" Africa, Episode 4!
Please come play in the Animal Kingdom~

[t/l notes:
* You can find info about Swakopmund Municipal Rest Camp here
** “The romance/spirit of Africa” or perhaps “the African romance/spirit/dream”
]

posted: horafuki@lj

I can't wait 'til tomorrow morning (it's 3:45am for me)!!

Also.. I agree with you @unkyung. I've been loving the episodes, but Episode 3 was definitely a lot better. I almost feel like most of this really is driving, camping, and the boys being silly... and not as much with the scenery (yet) like with the Grandpas and Noonas, Peru and Laos. I actually haven't seen the Iceland ones, so I wonder how that is. Episode 4 looks like even more fun... and a lot more thoughts from the guys. So much love.

On 3/4/2016 at 2:46 PM, aishii16 said:

argh~ how to describe this variety??
bogum love his brother.
poor our driver bogum who  gets pulled by police..

thumbs for driver pro junyeol.. he said its okay to bogum who bump the car when he tey to drive it.. hahaa
how caring they are... junyeol always look a back to saw his magnae..

i'm actually surprised they keep letting him drive after running into the wall. did they deal with the light? o____o

EDIT: Emm!'s translation of the preview
source: http://eyesonryu.tumblr.com/post/140844245730/trans-youth-over-flowers-in-africa-episode-4

[TRANS] Youth Over Flowers in Africa - Episode 4 text preview
tumblr_inline_o3v518jLCD1qap9ye_500.jpg

Source: Youth Over Flowers website
Translated by Eyes on RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please do not translate to other languages without permission.
Don’t forget to credit Eyes on RYU when sharing! Thank you ^^

The youth spirit that was recharged at the Swakopmund resort city!
Finally… The Africa fantasy, finding wild animals!

After the rear collision incident by the maknae Bogum,
the place they’re heading to is the largest wild animals protection area! 
Mecca of the driving game, Etosha National Park
What is the animal that amazed them as soon as they got to the entrance?

The youths who met the water properly at the swimming pool! 
Started taking off and throwing their panties out of excitement…. 
And once again, starting a hard labor camping! 
Revealing the second special menu of ‘Outdoor Chef Bong’

R88 brothers who are getting even closer through their drinking session!
Starting off by telling their story of living an actor’s life up to
The inner thoughts that has never been revealed anywhere before…..

11 March, Friday, 9:45pm!
<Youth Over Flowers> Africa, fourth story! 
Please come to play at the Animal Kingdom~

19 minutes ago, rhienz said:

Any eng-sub updates for YOF 3rd episode, guys?

Waiting for tonight episode.

Not yet. junesubs@twitter is working on it, but there hasn't been an update. You might want to track her feed? :) 

I'm looking forward to Episode 4 as well!!! The preview is already a lot of fun! I know a lot of viewers will either tire their eyes out or try to bore holes through their screens when they... investigate... the pool scene :P I actually can't wait to see Etosha, either! But I'm really sad that Bo Gum didn't really get to see the animals there. I'm also intensely curious about them "opening up"....

By the way, I remember seeing an article where Lee Dong Hwi noted that he saw Bo Gum's rendition of Dong Ryong's dance (when Bo Gum was drunk dancing).. and, if I remember correctly, I think he said he appreciated it. lol. Will need to find that article....

19 minutes ago, beldaran said:

Not yet. junesubs@twitter is working on it, but there hasn't been an update. You might want to track her feed? :) 

I'm looking forward to Episode 4 as well!!! The preview is already a lot of fun! I know a lot of viewers will either tire their eyes out or try to bore holes through their screens when they... investigate... the pool scene :P I actually can't wait to see Etosha, either! But I'm really sad that Bo Gum didn't really get to see the animals there. I'm also intensely curious about them "opening up"....

By the way, I remember seeing an article where Lee Dong Hwi noted that he saw Bo Gum's rendition of Dong Ryong's dance (when Bo Gum was drunk dancing).. and, if I remember correctly, I think he said he appreciated it. lol. Will need to find that article....

Me, too. Can't wait to see them driving through the Etosha Park. 
Maybe thats Bogum's fine for ruining their car before. He should drive when there's no wall. lol

Wow, if you find that article, please do share with us. 
i've read somewhere that Bogum said he missed Dong-hwi hyung during that drunk dancing. 
if that's true, that's so adorable of him to remember Dong-hwi when he wasn't on his right mind aka drunk state. 

now *going to stalk junesubs twitter* B)

Youths Over Flowers in Africa: Episode 4

by javabeans | March 12, 2016 | No Comments

africa4-00332a.jpg

girlfriday: As the boys pack up to move onto their next town, Jae-hong starts a funeral for his pants, the ones that ripped down the middle and now look like two separate pant legs. And then we catch up to the moment when Bo-gum gets behind the wheel nervously…. and backs up into the wall behind him. *crash*

javabeans: The reaction shots are pretty comical, aren’t they? Like what you’d get if you told actors to act surprised.

girlfriday: Yeah they’re textbook shock faces. I like the range too — Kyung-pyo looks distraught, Jae-hong is trying hard to act like it’s fine but looks worried, and Joon-yeol goes from shock to giggles, thinking it hilarious.

javabeans: How can he have hit that wall so thoroughly? It wasn’t even a near miss!

Full recap is here

Youth Over Flowers in Africa looks fun! ^^

I like the interactions of the cast, and most of all, Park Bo Gum and Ryu Jun Yeol's bromance makes me smile.

It is nice to travel with fellow co-stars and bask in the exotic wonders of Africa. :D

ep4 gave so many feels. AJH saying good bye to his pink shorts, boys having fun in the pool and the best is the underwear passing!, GKP adapting well to their "barren" situation and split wood with stones. GKP and AJH really surprised me! GKP with his careful management of money and "let it all go" manner. AJH with HIS COOKING!!! i love it when he cooks!

our dear PBG with his heart-breaking reveal about his mum. tears just flowed. it makes senses why he felt so regretful about not having a family portrait even up to now. but he has grown up well, humble and well mannered, and how can anyone not love him. this boy will be going places!

edited: i love the scene when GKP helped washed PBG socks. super touched by GKP's actions. maybe wrong but PBG is probably closer to him as they have been in 4 (?) projects together. this is bromance!

just look at how excited they were to see the animals at the watering hole in the evening/nite, and that just scream cute esp AJH's delighted expression.

On 3/10/2016 at 4:30 AM, beldaran said:

i'm actually surprised they keep letting him drive after running into the wall. did they deal with the light? o____o

They letting him drive again.. PDnim suprprised when the hyungdeul allowing bogum to drive the car. fortunately there straight and quiet streets.. Junyeol help bogum to pulled the handbreak.. kyungpo help boum to washed his socks...

and the piiiiip.. they're playing with underware.. they really wear it and throws.. like they way junyeol beg to bogum..

7 hours ago, ebullient said:

Youth Over Flowers in Africa looks fun! ^^

I like the interactions of the cast, and most of all, Park Bo Gum and Ryu Jun Yeol's bromance makes me smile.

yeeeeeeeea.. me too.. like they're bromance.. hahaha

youth over flowers in africa ✧ bogum, ‘tears’ at the thought of his mother who has passed away (episode 04)

(caption: after the interview finished, he left the area, and shed tears for a while.)
manager: at the time, this friend (bogum) went to Europe and went to all the places that he went to with his mom when he was younger and took photos there. he went… to the places he took photos with his mom
pd: what is your personality like normally?
park bogum: i’m very positive.. and live with a thankful attitude… because I always say 'thank you’/'i’m thankful’ so any times, i’ve found that a lot of thankful happen because of that.
pd: are you kind and open with your mom too?
park bogum: yes, i’m open to my parents.
pd: do you tell them everything?
park bogum: yes, basically (everything).
pd: do you call your mom, mom?
park bogum: ah, my mother passed away so…
pd: ah really..
park bogum: i’m okay.
pd: recently?
park bogum: no, she passed away when i was in the 4th grade.
(caption: the time for introductions finished, and he’s trying to act but… the contents of the script is about Chilbong leaving a phone message for his mother*… he gets a hold of his emotions)
park bogum (reading the script): I keep wanting to eat that whenever I’m hungry these days. I’ll make sure not to let dad have any, so please make some for me after you get back from your honeymoon. I’ll come by your house to pick it up, as well as to see how my mom is doing~ when I come home, please make me some food… i miss my mom. mom… your son has thought about it a lot and… it seems like I love my mom very much. Don’t fight with ahjussi (her new husband), enjoy your honeymoon. honestly even though I don’t 100% mean this, congratulations on your marriage. make sure to get along and be happy this time. i’ll hang up now!
pd: we didn’t do this on purpose - we didn’t expect this. are you okay?
park bogum: yes, i’m fine.

*t/n: the scene is from episode 3 of reply 1994, where Chilbong is leaving a message for his mom apologizing that he can’t make it to  her wedding, and asking her to make 'kkakdugi’ side dish for him

http://prkbgm.tumblr.com/

Whoohoo! Thanks for the episode 3 subs! Can't wait to watch!! :D

I did watch Episode 4 on the day that it aired, but I couldn't understand much. I had watched the first part of it on the bus to work... and the second part towards the end of the day after reading some recaps from people... and I started crying when Bo Gum cried during his script reading. Did they plan to hold back the more emotional parts of the AM88 auditions just for YOF? (Are they going to even have these parts of the clips in the AM88 DVD/BR?) Ack, these guys...

And.... is it just me or are the episode previews early this week? Is this the end? Or maybe one more? T____T
It's so short! I can't let go yet...
And why is it that GKP and RJY aren't called out on the previews anymore? It's awesome that Master Chef AJH and Main Event Maknae PBG are called out every week, but GKP and RJY are awesome, too!

Video Preview
Source: tvn@youtube

Text Preview
Source: kansilay@tumblr

YOF Episode 5 preview

corrections welcome!

YOF Episode 5 preview
source: http://program.interest.me/tvn/floweryoungboy/9/Board/List?b_seq=24

[Youths Over Flowers in Africa] Episode 5 Preview
Broadcast Date: 2016-03-18

The flower youths leave Namibia, the first [country] they saw in Africa.
It’s the beginning of their final trip, heading towards Victoria Falls!

The ‘game driving’ in Etosha which has not yet ended
Will they be successful in their 'lion search mission’?
Afterwards, they come across the other jewel of Etosha.
They encounter the vast land of dry saltpans, the 'Etosha Pan’!
[t/l note: You can read about Etosha Pan from the Etosha National Park website]

On their last night in Namibia, it’s the youths’ last time camping!
'We believe in you’ Outdoor Master Bong’s final episode, 'Tomato Pasta’ chapter and
the truth behind the African liquor that maknae Bo Gummie has completely fallen for is?

Crossing the second national border, they arrive in the country of Zimbabwe!
But the sun is already setting…
Will they really be able to see Victoria Falls without problems?

March 20 Friday evening at 9:45!
“Youths Over Flowers” Africa, Episode 5!
On toward Victoria Falls~ Run for it!

posted: horafuki@lj

Newly uploaded to the official site... the two group shots look just like the ones posted a month ago.. but just slightly different XD;

MdylAfQ.jpgHA0vh1T.jpgdp0DQHL.jpg

Archived