[ Variety ] Youth Over Flowers 꽃보다 청춘

[INFO] Youth Over Flowers in Africa cast profile!

Get to meet Ssangmundong’s F4 who needed to survive in Africa for 10 days!

D6btywB.jpg

Source: Youth Over Flowers website
Translated and Graphics by Eyes on RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please share with proper credits, thank you!

------------

I think it was Jae Hong and Kyungpyo who enjoyed drinking.. as far as I remember! xD (coz junyeol doesn't drink much :p)
Anyways! If you can't livestream tonight, Eyesonryu will do a livetweeting so yeah! XD

Goshhhhh these 4 are so funny already. The highlight video is seriouslyyyyy exciting and hope it lives up to our expectations haha!

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, iasd123 said:

I'm honestly not sure what to say about the first episode.... It wasnt bad but it wasn't good. I also thought it was kinda boring. I think it was maybe cuz they didn't do much in the episode. Maybe the next episode will be better?

First episode of YOS is usually boring since it is the set up episode. They have to set up as if the viewer is new to the show and have never see the actors.njust in case that person was hiding under a rock for the past few months

Hi! First time poster here. I just couldn't stay away after watching YOF-Africa last night.

Placed a number (meaning, a lot) of my favorite moments under spoilers cause the list got a little too long and I didn't want to spam everyone:

Spoiler
  • Ryu Jun Yeol's manager talking about how RJY has been saying that he wants to travel.
  • Go Kyung Pyo and Ahn Jae Hong have the same manager! (meaning, same agency)
  • Hidden camera time! Lee Hyeri and Lee Dong Hwi!
  • RJY and Hyeri teasing Park Bo Gum about his tired Music Bank hosting and how the fans at the airport started running when they saw him
  • The R88 production team fixing the hidden camera problem by telling GKP and RJY to film for the DVD special
  • RJY and Hyeri's catwalk (lol)
  • PBG's face when he took a sip of the champagne (lol)
  • Awww.. I've really missed the r88 cast. It's so nice to see them together again.
  • "Saying they'll be going somewhere very far" Hyehwadong background music while the three ssangmundong guys are on the plane (lol)
  • As expected, Ra Mi Ran and Kim Sun Yong's acting skills as they smoothly bring in the topic of YOF to the guys and how they should go.
  • RMR (to Na PD over the phone): Take my kids along to YOF. Kyung Pyo too.
    • Na PD: Ah~ they want to go? (cackling, like this isn't all a trap you evil kidnapping genius
    • KSY: Take Kyung Pyo too! (aww, sunwoo omma)
  • RJY's face when he spots Na PD.
  • All three of their faces.
  • All three of their faces when Na PD explains that their CF scheds are all fake and they have to leave now.
  • AJH: My heart's beating so fast. My heart's a little strange right now.
  •        RMR: Ah, because my son has a heart problem.
  • GKP crying and KSY tearing up because of it.
  • All the hugs. GKP with KSY and Shin PD
  • RJY (to RMR): Omma, please give us some money.
  •         RMR: hands out sun cream and insect repellent.
  • AJH: I only have one underwear (meaning the one he’s already wearing)
  •        GKP: This is already the second day I’ve been wearing the same clothes.
  • Turns out the hidden camera spy is an r88 PD who’s also been working with Na PD in Over Flowers series for three years now. Cut to three years ago where he's tailing Lee Seo Jin way at the back.
  • AJH’s visa photo.
  • AJH: How do I tell my parents that I’m going to Africa? Where do I start?
    • GKP: Me too.
    • AJH: We were fooled by the hidden camera….
    • AJH:  I’m going to Africa!!!
  • Na PD explains how PBG is filming Music Bank at the moment and would be taken to the airport after. And the guys start laughing that he won’t even be able to go home.  Na PD tells them to call PBG and tell him to go to Africa with them.  (They’re laughing cause PBG flew back from Phuket on the same day he went to film in MuBank and he’s basically flying out the same day again for Africa.)
  • AJH to GKP: Say it coolly. Like you’re just asking him to go to Itaewon.
  • PBG starts apologizing to the YOF crew that his car is too small. Over the phone, the 3 start laughing that he’s apologizing to his kidnappers.
    • Na PD: Ah Bogummie seems like a nice person?
    • GKP: He really is.
    • RJY: He’s very nice
    • AJH: He’s unbelievably nice.
  • PBG’s parts have been mostly translated so I’m not going to spazz further about it. But it’s adorable how nice he is despite of the mental breakdown he’s probably having lol
  • YOF crew: How long have you been back in S. Korea?
    • PBG (looks at the car clock): I2 hours (lol)
  • PBG taking care of the YOF crew during check-in and sharing snacks with them and taking photos and watching out for them.
  • AJH (at 43:38): It’s not my dream to be a baseball player (he explains cause he’s wearing a baseball cap and uniform)
  • RJY’s English is pretty good and you can tell he travels with how quick he makes decisions, how comfortable he already is in the airport (barefoot yeolie) and how he’s already leading the group.
  • They start checking out which data plan to buy for their trip.
    • RJY: Isn’t 1GB for 1week too little?
    • AJH: Is it too much or too little?
    • GKP: It’s too little. It’s way too little.

Turns out they’re all on unlimited data plans in S. Korea

[IT Powerhouse Korea]

They decide to go for it anyway in case the guesthouse they’ll be staying at has wifi too.

• When they tell RJY to buy data plan for PBG too, he jokes: even my wife got taken away, should I buy data plan for him too?
  • When they realize they lost AJH who’s outside eyeing the car he likes.
    • RJY: Since we can’t rent it, let’s take a photo instead
    • AJH: We can’t, there are people inside the car

RJY walks away, AJH goes to pose anyways and calls him back.

RJY pretends he’s taking a selca and they all walk away embarrassed. lol

• AJH gets adorably flustered cause the front passenger seat and the driver’s seat are on opposite sides in Namibia.
  • AJH start singing the tune of Hakuna Matata, RJY follows along. They stop. Only for GKP to start again and AJH and RJY join in and it turns out like an acapella group (lol)
  • More JunYeol + English = swoon.
  • AJH and GKP just standing at the back with their respectful hand poses. They’re like “Just smile”
  • The boys being too scared to go in cause of the dog. They’re like,” let’s just wait behind that line”.
  • RJY feels upset about not successfully renting a car and the two comfort him
    • AJH: Let’s take a selca to cheer up.

The way they talk, pause to smile for the camera and continue on is too much like me and my friends lol. The selca does cheer them up and RJY starts smiling again.

• They decide to order take out for PBG, figuring he had a hard time traveling on his own, only to get a call that he missed his connecting flight.
  • They’re faces when they find out that he missed his flight.
  • PBG completed his flight transfer in 30mins, went hat shopping for another 30mins, had dinner for 1hr and 30mins. By the time he finished, his flight was already boarding but he went to the wrong Gate No. He explains that he only checked the screen monitor for his Gate No., saw that it was Gate 30 only to realize too late that it’s printed as A0 in his boarding pass. (I think he would’ve still made it on time if the gate number was A30.)
  • They pass the phone around, telling him not to go out of the airport and look for a room outside cause it’s too dangerous and to just stay in the airport and call them if anything happens.
  • I think GKP starts taking his accountant/treasurer role seriously cause we get a montage of it and he tells AJH he can’t buy liquor and there’s that scene of them by the dessert with the following caption:
    • GKP: Hyung, you can’t buy liqour
    • AJH: I want to drink liquour…
  • RJY points out that color of sunset has purple light so they start singing the r88 ost ‘The Scent of Purple’
  • GKP (at 1:20:21): Bora-ya. Sung Bora, I love you! (throwback to Ep.19 when Bora tells Sunwoo the same thing by the stairs scene)
  • RJY: I too want to see Deok Sun-ie!
  • Pumba! Pumba!! Timon and Pumba!
  • The guys singing Hakuna Matata in Korean. Junyeol’s voice though <3
  • Mundong-ie!

Sorry if the translation is a little bit rough, I haven't really translated anything before. My korean isn't that good too so I couldn't figure out some of the other parts.. Like when they were exchanging currency and RJY wonders out loud how the guy on the other side of the counter could hear them so well and GKP says something to that effect.. I couldn't only get the "respect" and "super respect" part lol

41 minutes ago, calypso73 said:

@indreams88 awesome recap! Thank you!

Thanks!!

8 hours ago, calypso73 said:

Watched the Raw of ep 1. How I wished I understood everything. Was really touched but confused why Go Kyungpyo was in tears. Anybody care to explain why?

Read about it on allkpop.. apparently he didn't feel like he deserved it because he got into trouble with the public about some of his postings in social media before... read more at allkpop

Thucnghi explained it further in the comment section of the article.

35 minutes ago, indreams88 said:

Thanks!!

Read about it on allkpop.. apparently he didn't feel like he deserved it because he got into trouble with the public about some of his postings in social media before... read more at allkpop

Thucnghi explained it further in the comment section of the article.

Thanks for the link. Definitely made more sense. I knew about his rants but didn't know about the Yoochun one. One thing about NaPD, he doesn't just choose nice people, he also gives a chance to those who sincerely want to redeem themselves.

just watched the chinese sub of YOF. pretty awesome! what i really like was the kidnap scene in Phuket, the 3 boys were shocked beyond words and esp AJH who looked like he gonna have a heartattack. cried with GKP, think he has matured alot since tat incident. as for PBG, sweetness overload!!!! shocked to be kidnapped and still concerned about kipnappers' welfare!

i have to say that RJY stepping up is the leader really helped them for ep1 esp with the amount of things they had to settle. not saying the oldest has to be the leader, AHJ probably still adjusting and GKP is more comfortable with holding the pooled money. actually feel quite sorry for them running around trying to rent a car, esp after a long flight and they were probably dead tired. as for our dear dear PBG, brightening up the screen with his smile and manners. how i wish i was one of the kidnappers!!! super cute to see him eat, shop without a care, could just replay that scene over and over again.

as for ep2, i think we are off to a good start, getting a nice feel of the land, and once PBG meets his hyungs, the exploring will start!

I've watched the clip from tvn, and what?? Bo Gum missed the flight because hat shopping n eating!:w00t:. Omg, i've travel to other country every year but never miss a flight bcoz time n the price of ticket are precious.i'll sleep in front of the gate if i have to. Since he was travel on the same day from phuket, i'll say he was forgiven.i know it can be tired to travel from here to another. Good thing RJY can lead them. Usually, i'll organize and plan for my travel bcoz i'm quick to get familiar with place and able to read map. Just got back from travel myself n thinking for another. 

Well, I'll hunt the subbed version and download. Not a boring 1st episode for me.:wub:

Thank.u for the short recap @indreams88 n a lovely poster post by @EMM!.

I'm sorry because this is unpopular opinion

I found the pilot episode of YOF Africa a bit boring, if I compare with YOF Icelandia ep 1. I don't know, if because I haven't watched Reply1988 made my watching experience less exciting. I watched raw, and of course I also watched YOF Icelandia no sub because so far I know, there is no engsub for Icelandia. I think this is because my expectation was too high?

Eventhough I haven't watched R88, I read DB recaps and sometimes be a silent lurker in R88 thread so I know how popular R88 and its cast. When I watched YOF Iceland, I was secretly hoping that Na PD will cast R88 cast as his next cast on YOF. So my reaction when I knew that Na PD finally "kidnap" them was basically same with Hyeri reaction. LOL

Very first teaser (slow-motion teaser) indeed made me excited and I feel the teaser was really unique and different. However, I got the feeling that it will not met my expectation (at least for ep 1) when I watched the long teaser. I was not interested at all to wacth after watched the long teaser (note I love Bogum and I will watch his first variety show, other than MuBank). This is really different when I watched YOF Iceland teaser. They already made exicted to wacth the actual ep. (note: I don't have any actor bias on YOF Iceland, even I just knew about Lee Sang Hoon throughout YOF Iceland and sorry I keep comparring with Iceland because this is the recent YOF). And my feeling was proved when I watched the actual episode.

I think they spend too much on part when Na PD planned his evil plan, I feel it quite boring. The most exciting part is when the 3 boys were kidnapped, but I didn't really get their whole reactions. And Bogum. I was expecting the scenario would as exciting as scenario when they kidnapped Kang Ha Neul. However, the "polite Bogum" part was indeed one of gimmick in ep.1. I think if there is no "accident" Bogum missing his flight, IMO, the pilot epi of YOF Africa was plain. 

I hope the next episode will be funnier and more exciting and I believe it will be, based on preview. :)

20 minutes ago, fleurofjasmine said:

I'm sorry because this is unpopular opinion

I found the pilot episode of YOF Africa a bit boring, if I compare with YOF Icelandia ep 1. I don't know, if because I haven't watched Reply1988 made my watching experience less exciting. I watched raw, and of course I also watched YOF Icelandia no sub because so far I know, there is no engsub for Icelandia. I think this is because my expectation was too high?

Eventhough I haven't watched R88, I read DB recaps and sometimes be a silent lurker in R88 thread so I know how popular R88 and its cast. When I watched YOF Iceland, I was secretly hoping that Na PD will cast R88 cast as his next cast on YOF. So my reaction when I knew that Na PD finally "kidnap" them was basically same with Hyeri reaction. LOL

Very first teaser (slow-motion teaser) indeed made me excited and I feel the teaser was really unique and different. However, I got the feeling that it will not met my expectation (at least for ep 1) when I watched the long teaser. I was not interested at all to wacth after watched the long teaser (note I love Bogum and I will watch his first variety show, other than MuBank). This is really different when I watched YOF Iceland teaser. They already made exicted to wacth the actual ep. (note: I don't have any actor bias on YOF Iceland, even I just knew about Lee Sang Hoon throughout YOF Iceland and sorry I keep comparring with Iceland because this is the recent YOF). And my feeling was proved when I watched the actual episode.

I think they spend too much on part when Na PD planned his evil plan, I feel it quite boring. The most exciting part is when the 3 boys were kidnapped, but I didn't really get their whole reactions. And Bogum. I was expecting the scenario would as exciting as scenario when they kidnapped Kang Ha Neul. However, the "polite Bogum" part was indeed one of gimmick in ep.1. I think if there is no "accident" Bogum missing his flight, IMO, the pilot epi of YOF Africa was plain. 

I hope the next episode will be funnier and more exciting and I believe it will be, based on preview. :)

I know what you mean, it was more boring compared to peru, Laos, and Iceland. The editing was bland, but maybe because they know they'll get ratings anyway, so they can focus on the other episodes. Two weeks isn't a ton of time. Also, I love all the youths in the new season, but they aren't really variety material if you know what I mean.... I also think they didn't do a lot when they got to Africa so yeah... 

15 hours ago, iasd123 said:

I know what you mean, it was more boring compared to peru, Laos, and Iceland. The editing was bland, but maybe because they know they'll get ratings anyway, so they can focus on the other episodes. Two weeks isn't a ton of time. Also, I love all the youths in the new season, but they aren't really variety material if you know what I mean.... I also think they didn't do a lot when they got to Africa so yeah... 

Oh yes, ratings!! I forgot about that..YOF Africa already has a fanbase from R88 fandom..and yes they are not variety material from the start and of course really have a very different personality with Iceland cast (if I still comparing the two show). Thanks for your respons :)

Archived