[Drama 2014] Cuckoo Nest 뻐꾸기 둥지 (KBS2)

Bayu Pratama

So HY is planning on becoming the surrogate without them knowing? Wasn't she offered the job by the MIL? She found out that they couldn't conceive and went and made her brothers friend help her out. No what did she ask the brothers friend to do at the hospital???? So confused right now. Really need a decent recapper!
I'm really wondering if YH mother also knows that Sora is alive.
edit: HY really is batshitcrazy! All this is in her head...thinking YH caused her brother to die, then abandoned her child on them and they were already poor, and YH is off living this rich, posh life with an equally callous husband. Even YH best friend was trying to explain to her but she didnt  want to listen to him, she has made up her mind as to what has happened and the kind of people they are.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linakyon

@kdramafan469 I'm wondering about that .. For now, I'll assume HY suggested to use her eggs instead of YH's and the doctor helped her with that.What makes me think this is that if they were not going to use YH's eggs in the first place, she wouldn't have to go through all those examinations...

@kdramafan469
I think you may be on to something. Why else would HY come back for the child? This is because her eggs were probably used instead of YH's. This would be the perfect method(at least in her mind) of getting back at the man who so cruelly dumped her after she told him about her feelings for him, and also the woman she blames for the death of her brother.
Doesn't everyone else love how contracts are signed in kdramas without legal representation present? :-j

I'm also was wondering about the doctor using HY eggs instead of YH now this sure is getting interested to watch in which the doctor can indeed lose his practice license for doing such a thing like that.

HY isn't only seeking revenge for her brothers death she's doing it I think because how her ex left her as well.

I had to LMAO with the uncle at the construction site when the lady kept putting bricks on his back all he can do is call her ahjumma ;))

kdramafan469 said: So HY is planning on becoming the surrogate without them knowing? Wasn't she offered the job by the MIL? She found out that they couldn't conceive and went and made her brothers friend help her out. No what did she ask the brothers friend to do at the hospital???? So confused right now. Really need a decent recapper!
I'm really wondering if YH mother also knows that Sora is alive.
edit: HY really is batshitcrazy! All this is in her head...thinking YH caused her brother to die, then abandoned her child on them and they were already poor, and YH is off living this rich, posh life with an equally callous husband. Even YH best friend was trying to explain to her but she didnt  want to listen to him, she has made up her mind as to what has happened and the kind of people they are.

tinatrix236 said: @kdramafan469
I think you may be on to something. Why else would HY come back for the child? This is because her eggs were probably used instead of YH's. This would be the perfect method(at least in her mind) of getting back at the man who so cruelly dumped her after she told him about her feelings for him, and also the woman she blames for the death of her brother.
Doesn't everyone else love how contracts are signed in kdramas without legal representation present? :-j

@valsava  You just dont know....because the doctor could always say I just implanted the eggs that was brought to me. There must have been some kind of mix up in the lab or the clinic that holds the eggs. If  HY gives birth to a son there is no way in hell that he won't claim the baby, but I just dont understand how she can get the baby because like I said ...men are in charge of custodial and parental rights. Only if he gives up his parental rights or is dead or in jail could she get that baby. So again I wonder why she would think that she could take a child away from it's father??? From the synopsis it says she(HY) allows the woman to raise the child, so I assuming we will see another time jump which would bring us into the current year and then she tries to take the baby back....which would be about 5yrs old by then.  
IDK I may have to do like I did Angels Revenge and not watch for a month then come back and marathon all the subs and raws so I can see where this is going.

Guest linakyon

@kdramafan469 Good point. If the custody rights belong to the father, no matter how hard she tries it'll be a hard task even if she goes abroad or to a really remote place in Korea. 
Oh and what everyone else thinks about the contract?Noticed that HY only signed and didn't put her personal seal...Can the contract be nullified because of this? I have no idea...

@linakyon  I think the seal thing is changing or is optional. I've seen some dramas where all they just sign and others where they use a seal. I think people who have a seal are usually heads of household or property owners which HY is not. We may have to google this lol.

This is what Wikipedia says regarding seals:
seal, in an East Asian context, is a general name for printing stamps and impressions thereof which are used in lieu of signatures in personal documents, office paperwork, contracts, art, or any item requiring acknowledgement or authorship. ChinaJapanTaiwan, and Korea currently use a mixture of seals and hand signatures, and increasingly, electronic signatures.[1]

In modern Korea, the use of seals is still common. Most Koreans have personal seals, and every government agency and commercial corporation has its own seals to use in public documents. While signing is also accepted, many Koreans think it is more formal to use seals in public documents. However, in 2008 the Constitutional Court of South-Korea upheld a Supreme court judgement that a signed and handwritten will which lacked a registered seal was invalid.[6]

Personal seals (dojang in general reference) in Korea can be classified by their legal status. Ingam (인감, 印鑑) or sirin (실인, 實印), meaning registered seal, is the seal which is registered to local office. By registering the seal, a person can issue a "certificate of seal registration" (ingam-jungmyeong-seo (인감증명서, 印鑑證明書) in Korean) which is a required document for most significant business transactions and civil services. The legal system of registered seals was introduced by the Japanese colonial government in 1914, however it is slated to be replaced by an electronic certification system in 2013 in order to counter fraud.[7] While ingam is used in important business, other dojangs are used in everyday purpose such as less-significant official transactions. Thus most Koreans have more than two seals.

Korean seals are made of woodjade, or sometimes ivory for more value. State Seals were generally made of gold or high-quality jade. Rare cases of bronze or steel seals exist.

Guest linakyon

@kdramafan469 Thank you :) Ok , so the contract is valid...I've thought about another possibility...What if HY asked the doctor to use other donor instead of YH's husband? That way it would be HY's baby and the father, an anonymous donor . If that's the case, it would be an easy battle for HY . Until we have subs or someone kindly explain us, this is possible as well...

This is the only thing I'm not liking about this drama so far is it's not subbed and it's driving me cray cray because none of really understands what being said exactly and I really want to know.. More about Yh no good father and mother and just how did he shut everybody i the house up..  

So YH and hubby have no idea who the surrogate is and they never meet. The director screwed up the filming today. First the aunt is at the hospital with HY and her sister while HY is implanted with the eggs. Then they show YH and hubby at the restaurant and the aunt comes in to talk to them, then aunt is back at the hospital with HY lol. 
I was saying to myself I would have gotten twice the amount of money and an apartment out of this, but it seems they did give HY a nice little apartment. So at least another 6 or 7 months has passed. MIL got YH walking around with a fake baby bump so no one will know she didn't have the baby herself lol.
IDK but I think YH and hubby really do love one another even if it was an arranged marriage. She doesn't love him like she love HY brother, but I do think they love each other. He seems sincere in his affection for her, and is always protecting her and standing up for her against his own mother. Frankly I have seen countless dramas where the couple is deeply in love yet the husband never stands up for the wife against his parents. It's like they say to the wife just bear with it and suck it up. So if he didn't care for her I don't think we would see him fighting for her so much.
Cant wait till next week subs start.

After watching today's episode the doctor indeed used HY eggs to become pregnant, and seeing her stomach out there now it surely must have been a time jump as well.. which I'm loving this drama but also wants to know what that guy know about HY in order for him to leave YH sister on the side of the road, by turning around going back to the restaurant saying something to HY what is up with that as if he's thinking HY is up to something...

Yes, that baby's is HY's. The look HY gave that doctor said it all. YH's eggs were definitely not used at all and that's why she coming back for the child. My guess is she will leave the baby at first and then come back to seduce the husband and get the baby just to frustrate YH. The next big question is whose sample was used in the procedure.....the doctor's or YH's husband?
I find it funny that YH and her husband were not curious about the identity of the surrogate. I know I would be anxious and all over the surrogate ensuring she's healthy. It's a good thing the writers are not wasting any time and moving along with the pregnancy. At this rate, HY may deliver the baby in tomorrow's episode. I can't wait to see what she has planned and it's about to get crazy. Let the games begin!

@suchadiva42 That guy doesn't think HY is up o anything, he just didn't understand why she was pretending not to know him. It seems he may have been friends with her brother also. But all HY did was spew venom at him.
 I forgot to mention this yesterday but I was LMAO when the guy pulled over and put YH sister out. Not because of that though, but because the cheap azz art department put a big azz yellow piece of tape over the car name so you couldn't see that it said JEEP. Yes he was driving an American Jeep Cherokee truck lol and they didnt airbrush it out or scramble it they put a piece of tape on it LOL. OMG I laughed so hard when I saw that, talk about cheap low budget. It was the same with todays episode and them not fixing the fact that the aunt was in 2 different places at the same time. This director is whack!

Archived