[Drama 2014] Surplus Princess (The Mermaid) 잉여공주

marykarmelina

Guest Mai AnL

class="content-title"Jo Bo Ah Is a Lovely Mermaid in New Drama Posters

66icu6J.jpg

tvN has released the new posters for the upcoming drama “The Mermaid” featuring actress Jo Bo Ah.

“Little Mermaid” is a story about a mermaid who becomes human while searching for her love and living the daily life of someone from Seoul. The production team composed of writers Ji Eun YiPark RanKim Ji Soo and PD Baek Seung Ryong of “SNL Korea” and “Rude Miss Young Ae” plan to create a fun, new drama by adding their impudent imagination to a fairy tale-like story. 

Jo Bo Ah will play the mermaid who falls in love with a human man after coming across his cell phone under water. The first poster shows Jo Bo Ah as a dreamyl mermaid on the banks of the Han river. The text reads, “2013 Mermaid Princess, looking for love in Seoul.”

The second poster has the entire cast, including male lead On Joo Wan. The drama will also center around a “job seeking” center for young Seoulites looking for work to make their next paycheck.

HYbT3hJ.jpg

“The Mermaid” will air August 7 on tvN.

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/09/jo-bo-ah-is-a-lovely-mermaid-in-new-drama-posters/#.U71XNbSKjgE

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for this. It looks so intriguing. I love the whole little mermaid concept. Fantasy with a little mix of comedy and slice of life sounds like a bag of treats to me. Jo Bo Ah looks so pretty. I really like her from Shut Up Flower Boy Band, and she looks all grown up now. So yea this is gonna be good. ;))

Oh my I was so caught up with Jo Boah that I didn't realize Song Jae Rim is in this too!! I <3 him... It's too bad that he might not be the male lead in this one =(( huhuhu. Aarggg I'm going need to prepare my heart for another terrible case of second lead syndrome for sure hic hic :(

Just want to share this hilarious fan art. Apparently someone was disappointed that Song Jae Rim wasn't on the poster, so she "took matters in her own hand" LOL :)^:)^:)^

tumblr_n8gcr5eLWK1ta8tcbo1_400.gif

Fanart by Mary the SJR fangirl 

@samara34 Yah! don't get our hopes up now. LOL Jk..  :D
Well, if you read some of the article on the first page, they actually said that Oh Ju Wan is the male lead, and it is expected that he will have a love line with Jo Bo ah. But who knows right? Plus, judging by the trailer, the one that shows Jo Bo Ah gushing over the hilarious selfies of SJR, we can assume that he's who she's trying to chase after. That said, it doesn't really matter to me who ends up with who, as long as we get to see SJR shirtless here and there, I'm a happy camper  \:D/

Archived