[Variety] Roommates 룸메이트

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"EXO’s Chanyeol Is a “Gentle Idol” on “Roommate”

In a previous interview, EXO‘s Chanyeol said that he worried fans would turn away once they see how he really is when he’s at his comfortable state but little does he know, showing his true colors–especially if it’s really cool–could only make the fans love him even more!

On the first episode of the SBS “Good Sunday” show “Roommate,” Chanyeol showed the viewers a side of him that wasn’t often seen on camera until now.

Chanyeol was the first to arrive at the house and was at awe at everything he looked at. He gave himself a quick tour of the whole place walking from the wide living room, clean kitchen and dining hall, and finally, the rooms upstairs.

Eventually, the second member of the group–comedian Jo Se Ho–arrived next and Chanyeol offered to help carry Jo Se Ho’s things. Chanyeol ended up carrying most of Jo Se Ho’s stuff.

“I wanted to show the audience that Chanyeol is the kind of kid who is good to his hyungs. If he stays still and doesn’t help me out, he would become an idol with ‘no manners’,” Jo Se Ho explained. The comedian then added that Chanyeol is what he would call a “gentle-dol” or a gentleman idol.

In this episode, viewers also got to see more of the good mannered Chanyeol as he left a message to greet the other roommates when he left the house for a shoot. He wrote on the glass board in the common room saying:

Hello everyone~!!

This is EXO’s Chanyeol who is the first roommate to arrive in the house~!!
I came early so I already fixed some of my stuff and spent some time in this new place. Because I was alone, I was so bored and I could not wait to meet the other roommates soon. 
I have to go to a shoot now so I won’t be at the house. I’ll work hard at the shoot and come back so please wait for me~ Please do me a favor~ <3

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to see this forum grow. Welcome chingu ;) Ep 1 so far so good. I love all of them, even I dont know what they are talking about. Huhuhu I cant wait the english sub. Anyone have the link for engsub? Pls PM me plss . Gumowooo

Just finished watching the first episode of Roommates. Although it is the first and there are many awkward moments, i still find this an enjoyable variety and curious to find out how these 11 roommates of different background will mix around and became like real family members. Looking forward to the next episode already... 

watching this show mainly for Son Ga Yeon...she's friggin' awesome! :D Love her thunder thighs, baby face & deep voice! :x  Plus she got in my good graces by making Lee Sora uncomfortable by mentioning Shin Dong Yub in front of her in the teaser even if it was unintentional ;)) ...can't stand Lee Sora acting like her poop don't stink on the show & strutting around like a diva and making everyone else walk on eggshells around her. 8-| Lee Sora should thank her lucky stars every night when she hears Shin Dong Yup's name mentioned cuz I don't know too many dudes who would be willing to do prison time for their gf. he could've left her out to be hung and dry with that sex tape but he sacrificed his career for hers.

I usually can't stand that buffoon Yang Baechu and would normally fast forward any scenes with him in it but unfortunately, this first ep had a lot of scenes with both of 'em, so had to tolerate that maroon for her sake. so yeah watching him scratch his athlete's foot was nasty but worth it to see Son Ga Yeon deliver a low kick to his leg. :)>-

Guest ufobaby

I'm so clueless about where I can download other eng sub variety shows apart from Running Man. Internet speed in my country is so slow, if I were to stream it i'll die from frustration. So, if anyone of you can be a good samaritan and direct me to where I can download english subs, that'll be great!

ufobaby said: I'm so clueless about where I can download other eng sub variety shows apart from Running Man. Internet speed in my country is so slow, if I were to stream it i'll die from frustration. So, if anyone of you can be a good samaritan and direct me to where I can download english subs, that'll be great!

Miky88

said:

Watched the pilot episode and i must say i liked it a lot,all the cast is enjoyable,but i must admit i totally loved Hong Soo hyun and she is sooooo friendly and without that diva personality...and totally loving her moments with the guys....she did stay by Kang Joon side more but she also did it mainly because he was feeling shy and to break the ice which i liked a lot,hope to see more about the trio,they are so cute together...i see in the preview that Dong Wook will go buy Kang Joon a smartphone because he doesn't have one,he is like the old type guy...he really is a very polite and somehow shy guy and more because all are his sunbaes,so i think he really liked that Hong Soo hyun treated him so easy going and friendly...curious about Nana and Hong Soo hyun relationship because they have that feel of getting friends more hard;Hong Soo hyun said she seems like a more hard type to approch and that she is wanting to be friends and the mood as well...hope to see Bom&Dong Wook reaction with all the others now that they had the bad luck to get last and the others already became more close...also i've always liked Park Min Woo a lot and he is sooooooo easy going and that happy vibe around him,he said he really likes Hong Soo hyun and more because she is so easy going,so hope to see more of themi'm gonna stick to it and i think it will be fine,and curious about the inevitable issues that will appear living together and how they solve it...

I just watched episode 1 with English sub. I liked everyone except Nana, I just know her through this show and my first impression like this =>  [-( . I agree with Shin Sung Woo, who said, from the way she send his stuff through courier services so disrespectful. But, this is the first episode to early for me to judge. 
Can not wait to see how they interact in episode 2.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Roommate” PD Speaks Up About Viewers’ Criticism on Supposed “Love Lines”
Roommate-all.png

The main PD of the newly started and hotly discussed variety show “Roommate” has recently revealed his honest thoughts on the viewers’ criticisms on the show’s “love lines” (romantic pairings).

Park Sang Hyuk PD spoke with OSEN on May 6 and stated, “After the pilot episode, there has been criticism about the love line. But that wasn’t the program’s intention.”

He continued, “The celebrities were just expressing their interest in each other, that’s it. It seems that many people have misunderstood the part when there was a rule that encouraged dating.”

“It was just to add fun to the program and to make people laugh. It wasn’t the staff’s intent to create love lines,” the PD emphasized.

Also, he said, “The celebrities’ love lines are not moving according to the staff. If love lines were our goal in the first place, we would’ve recruited people in the similar age range. Through ‘Roommate,’ we will try to show how it’s like to live with completely strangers who are completely different from each other. It is up to the staff to breathe life into an honest storyline about people who are living together.”

Park PD also expressed how he doesn’t think that the trend is to go with a main MC or have missions throughout the show. He said, “Instead of having grand missions, finding fun in the small things in life is the goal of ‘Roommate.’ We will try to draw out the fun things in everyday life like a real sitcom.”

Lastly, he stated, “Starting from the second episode, there will be a lot of footage of all 11 members together. Please look forward to their chemistry.”

Meanwhile, “Roommate” is about 11 different celebrities living in one house. Celebrities include Lee Dong Wook, Shin Sung Woo, Lee Sora, Hong Soo Hyun, EXO‘s Chanyeol, 2NE1‘s Park Bom, Jo Se Ho, Song Ga Yeon, Seo Kang Joon, Park Min Woo, and After School‘s Nana. The pilot episode was aired on May 4.

source: Soompi

Finally got round to watching the first ep and mannnn, its like watchin that reality show Big Brother. LOL.
That being said i really do like this one though, really keen for the next ep. I just wanna see all the silly weird things they do. HAAHAHHA
The little teasers/previews they show of Song Ga Yeon doing her moves on the others, sooo want to see it. Have to say shes also quite pretty.....am happy to let her kick the crap out of me of get me into a chokehold.......just sayin....LMFAO.

Looks like a great bunch of people they picked id say. =D

Ha Tinh Nhi said:

Miky88

said:

Watched the pilot episode and i must say i liked it a lot,all the cast is enjoyable,but i must admit i totally loved Hong Soo hyun and she is sooooo friendly and without that diva personality...and totally loving her moments with the guys....she did stay by Kang Joon side more but she also did it mainly because he was feeling shy and to break the ice which i liked a lot,hope to see more about the trio,they are so cute together...i see in the preview that Dong Wook will go buy Kang Joon a smartphone because he doesn't have one,he is like the old type guy...he really is a very polite and somehow shy guy and more because all are his sunbaes,so i think he really liked that Hong Soo hyun treated him so easy going and friendly...curious about Nana and Hong Soo hyun relationship because they have that feel of getting friends more hard;Hong Soo hyun said she seems like a more hard type to approch and that she is wanting to be friends and the mood as well...hope to see Bom&Dong Wook reaction with all the others now that they had the bad luck to get last and the others already became more close...also i've always liked Park Min Woo a lot and he is sooooooo easy going and that happy vibe around him,he said he really likes Hong Soo hyun and more because she is so easy going,so hope to see more of themi'm gonna stick to it and i think it will be fine,and curious about the inevitable issues that will appear living together and how they solve it...

Archived