[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

I'm re watching episode 3 and 4 and I have a feeling I'm gonna be torn between Daniel and Gun. The way he looked at MY when she was leaving for her procedure killed me. I haven't had the case of second male lead syndrome for quite some time but I think it's gonna happen with CJS.

This drama is so hilarious and fun to watch. It gave me kinda of Master's Sun vibe in terms of the comedy. I've watched the Taiwanese version thus I kinda know what the plot will turn out eventually. But I love the comedy vibe in this remake. Especially Lee Gun's contagious laughter ㅋㅋ Tbh, Lee Gun's character vibe is so different from Taiwanese version and I love it! 

I hope, that LG's qualities will still be visible, even if LG will be angry at MY for feeling wronged by her and won't behave well towards her... indeed the scriptwriter needs to find the right balance, so that LG doesn't appear like a total jerk!

britchiche said: I understand where Sera (and Anna) is (was) coming from. Sera wants to be a world-renowned dancer. This takes a lot of sacrifice and selfish decisions. It's not a good or bad thing, it's just that her dream is one that comes with a price that she's ready to pay. It would be better for her to date someone who fully understands a touring dancer's schedule (maybe another dancer). I'm sure Gun would love to fully support Sera, but in reality, he needs someone who's around more often. His parents have died and he has no siblings or close friends. I can imagine he's quite lonely. Additionally, Gun is under a lot of pressure, while Sera has insecurities (that'll come up later) and pressures. There's love in their relationship, but it's not the kind designed to last decades, and withstand life tragedies. I think their reasons for holding on to each other stem from a familiarity, desperation and loneliness. Ultimately, it would be best for them to split and work on their personal demons. 

Guest fiovial

Episode 4 left me crying in many scenes. I don't cry that easily but some scenes just hit close to home for me.

I was never in the same situation as mi young (pregnant with an 'unwanted' child) but I've seen first hand quite a number of times in real life unmarried women who faced the same situation. I've rejoiced and cried with said women based on their decision regarding their preborn babies.

This probably won't be much of a coherent post since it's hard to put emotions into writing sometime. Abortion is a hot topic issue in real life spanning the pro-life vs pro-choice debates. Though the drama doesn't mean to dig into this debate I'm satisfied that it brought me points from each side and at the end each decision is up to each individual and they face the consequences one way or another. I can only say Mi Young was 'lucky' that Geon was a better man than many guys.

OK enough of my thoughts on abortion. Now to the parts I enjoyed:

- Daniel being there to support Mi Young at the clinic. I'm sure he feels a connection to her. Being in an orphanage himself, I'm sure he had seen children who.lost their parents or children whose birth parents couldn't take care of them for one reason or another. I think deep down in his heart if he could he would want to tell MY to forget about abortion and give the baby a chance in life. Even he or people he knew from the orphanage could become someone great if given a chance.

- Geon's conflicted feelings while at the clinic. I think in honesty he never had plans for the abortion but since it was something that MY wanted he felt he had no say in the matter. The action scene was a nice comedic relief in the midst of the sadness. I admitted to cracking a laugh at that scene even while tears were streaming down my cheeks lol. And of course the way he scooped her out of the operating table was just swooooooonnnnnn worthy. I also love how the doctor grinned and said this always happens after hearing the heartbeat. :)

- Snail scene.....lollllllllllll. totally love the Snail song by Panic. It really symbolized Geon's feelings. And the fact that the group name is Panic made it funnier to me. So Geon felt a sense of panic when faced with the snail....oh the puns! :))

lclarakl said: britchiche said: I understand where Sera (and Anna) is (was) coming from. Sera wants to be a world-renowned dancer. This takes a lot of sacrifice and selfish decisions. It's not a good or bad thing, it's just that her dream is one that comes with a price that she's ready to pay. It would be better for her to date someone who fully understands a touring dancer's schedule (maybe another dancer). I'm sure Gun would love to fully support Sera, but in reality, he needs someone who's around more often. His parents have died and he has no siblings or close friends. I can imagine he's quite lonely. Additionally, Gun is under a lot of pressure, while Sera has insecurities (that'll come up later) and pressures. There's love in their relationship, but it's not the kind designed to last decades, and withstand life tragedies. I think their reasons for holding on to each other stem from a familiarity, desperation and loneliness. Ultimately, it would be best for them to split and work on their personal demons. 

Guest timi163

I think it's inevitable not to compare between the two actors Jang Hyuk and Ethan since they took the same role. Normally., I dont make comparisons, but reading this thread it seems to be the norm  :))..Jang Hyuk  just dont laugh all the way through Ep 4 just for the fun of it, I'm pretty sure someone is  directing him and the writer guided  him as well. Just because it is a remake they don't  have to follow the exact way how the Tversion was done, and I'm glad they didn't.  :x.  The lead character of this drama in K version is a MAN and that of the taiwanese version was a boy. I think that's the general idea in my opinion. And as far as I'm concerned JH can laugh all the way to ep 16.  :)) . I understand his hair is going to stay long for a movie he's currently making..I'm actually beginning to like it. And as far as JH's potrayal of Lee Geon's character is concerned, I dont have any doubt that he can do it just as how Jang Hyuk's would do it.. After all, this is an actor who was nominated at the International Emmy's   :P.. 

honeywell said: I'm re watching episode 3 and 4 and I have a feeling I'm gonna be torn between Daniel and Gun. The way he looked at MY when she was leaving for her procedure killed me. I haven't had the case of second male lead syndrome for quite some time but I think it's gonna happen with CJS.

Oh my! That last scene in episode 4 is scary, creepy yet funny, and most importantly, pitiful, sad!

Jang Hyuk is exceptionally, beyond amazing in that particular scene, Gun's session, conversation with the psychiatrist discussing his problems, unfairness, stress and dignity!

I had mixed feelings, chills watching that scene and I sympathize, felt really bad, sad, sorry for Gun! He thought it was his carelessness, inattentive consciousness which could be controlled, prevented that made the mistake of spending that night with Mi Young resulting in her being pregnant and he was more than willing to take the consequences, responsibility after a few hesitations but instead, it was others' involvements, doings causing him to be in the situation that he is without his control, acknowledge!

With that being said, he felt he has been stepped on, walked over and in everyone, someone else's control, power! This truly dropped, lower his self esteem and put him at his most devastating state!

After remembering, thinking everything through and knowing the truth, he couldn't help it but to talk to someone with confidential, no chance, the least chance of anything being mentioned, said may leaked out and a psychiatrist is the best option, person to turn to!

Now, I could say that this wacky personality and forced like, huge, long laugh of his is some kind of a side, trait of him!

On the other hand, he's pretty calm, normal, understanding, a gentleman to Mi Young! Their scenes are beautiful! The way Gun stares at her! The way they're just there together have so much life and warmth! I love this couple!

With just four episodes, the drama has already covered abortion which means when Se Ra returns, the writer may have something else up their sleeves for her but since Gun has shown interest, responsibility for the baby and to marry Mi Young without much, all out force from Chairman Wang, his grandmother unlike Cun Xi in the original Taiwanese version, they could still go the same route with different twists!

@bebebisous33,  Hi loved your post about Sera on page 91.. I see her the same way it's all about her and what Lg thinks or what he wants will have to wait or I'll just do it and he just have to accept it.. I'm surprised he put up with her that long 6 yrs is a little to much for her me time.. Also about Lg's laugh I also believe it's hiding a lot of pain that he hasn't been able to voice out.. 
For some reason I think that MY will learn more about Lg then Sera ever did in just a few short months..

@valsava thanks for the compliment. 
Even at the wedding, when LG shouted YES, it was really painful to hear! Because, you could feel his despair behind the facade! And it was more painful that everybody didn't notice it, they all smiled and laughed!
I do feel sorry for LG! When SR will come back, she will be quite surprised. I am looking forward to see more scenes between Daniel and MY. I guess, he will the one who will support her!

bebebisous33 said: @valsava thanks for the compliment. 
Even at the wedding, when LG shouted YES, it was really painful to hear! Because, you could feel his despair behind the facade! And it was more painful that everybody didn't notice it, they all smiled and laughed!
I do feel sorry for LG! When SR will come back, she will be quite surprised. I am looking forward to see more scenes between Daniel and MY. I guess, he will the one who will support her!

Guest britchiche

swiftriver said: lclarakl said: britchiche said: I understand where Sera (and Anna) is (was) coming from. Sera wants to be a world-renowned dancer. This takes a lot of sacrifice and selfish decisions. It's not a good or bad thing, it's just that her dream is one that comes with a price that she's ready to pay. It would be better for her to date someone who fully understands a touring dancer's schedule (maybe another dancer). I'm sure Gun would love to fully support Sera, but in reality, he needs someone who's around more often. His parents have died and he has no siblings or close friends. I can imagine he's quite lonely. Additionally, Gun is under a lot of pressure, while Sera has insecurities (that'll come up later) and pressures. There's love in their relationship, but it's not the kind designed to last decades, and withstand life tragedies. I think their reasons for holding on to each other stem from a familiarity, desperation and loneliness. Ultimately, it would be best for them to split and work on their personal demons. 

@"Ldy Gmerm"‌, I see you in here! But no comments eh!? What do you think of the drama thus far?

I have no problem what so ever with Se Ra! Gun and Mi Young met, encountered even before Se Ra came back to Korea! Se Ra chose her profession, career over Gun and that opened a bigger, the biggest door for both Gun and Mi Young! It's Se Ra's lost and Mi Young's gain!

lclarakl said:

Okay, I want to apologize for lying to this thread when I said that I would wait until 10 episodes were loaded before I began watching because I knew I would be addicted--basing this on my absolute love for the Taiwanese version of the drama.  However, I got stuck at the doctor's office and was bored stiff. So I needed a distraction and chose to only watch the first episode--well you know the rest is history.

Although there are similarities to the Taiwanese drama, I do like that the Korean version has it's own twist. I just hope they don't go over the top when Se Ra reappears. In the T-version of the drama--I really had moments of extreme disappointment in the male lead.  In this drama, I'm not sure I care for the crazy forced laughter of the male lead because by the end of episode 4 he appears to have descended into craziness/madness.

In regards to Se Ra, I can appreciate her wanting to progress in her career, but it seems that she only wants to be with him when something goes wrong in her career. When it was determined she wasn't going to be in the performance, she came home to him. If this is similar to the T-drama, when she gets hurt she will come home to him--however, this version may be different.

I'm looking forward to watching this version.  Until the next episodes, I think I'll rewatch the Taiwanese one.

Guest nazzy1109

could anyone PLEASE tell me the name of the song in episode 4 when Lee Gun makes bed for Mi Young in the locked room ????

Guest gerryd

nazzy1109 said: gerryd said:

nazzy1109

said: can anyone PLEASE tell me the name of these two songs????

i) in episode 1 when the three sales girls of the candy shop welcome Mi-young calling her princess?? the beginning song of the candy shop scene

ii) the song at the end of episode 2 when Lee Gun advises Mi-young to be confident before getting into his car.......the song just before the episode ends

lclarakl said:

britchiche

said: I understand where Sera (and Anna) is (was) coming from. Sera wants to be a world-renowned dancer. This takes a lot of sacrifice and selfish decisions. It's not a good or bad thing, it's just that her dream is one that comes with a price that she's ready to pay. It would be better for her to date someone who fully understands a touring dancer's schedule (maybe another dancer). I'm sure Gun would love to fully support Sera, but in reality, he needs someone who's around more often. His parents have died and he has no siblings or close friends. I can imagine he's quite lonely. Additionally, Gun is under a lot of pressure, while Sera has insecurities (that'll come up later) and pressures. There's love in their relationship, but it's not the kind designed to last decades, and withstand life tragedies. I think their reasons for holding on to each other stem from a familiarity, desperation and loneliness. Ultimately, it would be best for them to split and work on their personal demons.