[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest 1.21Gigawatts

yoeda said: Dramabeans recap is out. on the site note, i manage to post DVD demand request at post no. 2.

Fated To Love You: Episode 16by HeadsNo2 | August 21, 2014 | 2 Comments

ftly16-00518.jpg 

Good intentions can be just as poisonous as bad ones, as our hero maybe kinda sorta hasn’t come to realize just yet. But for as much as they interact both directly and indirectly, Gun and Mi-young are like two ships passing in the night when it comes to revealing their true feelings—although I’d put most of that blame on Gun and his inability to sort through his own feelings first. What’s a heroine gotta do to get a little honesty around here?

more...  

Guest Kdrama-lover

Chingu-duli.. I need to speak out 1 thing that crossed my mind just now while reading the comments on DB..

Anybody here remembers some bts pictures of some sort that was posted before of MY in her hospital bed receiving a lollipop? They haven't shown that scene yet, right coz we just saw her asleep while LG slipped the lollipop in the door knob. Maybe we will get to see a flashback glimpse of how MY felt that time.. coz clearly she associated it with LG even while she was in Paris.

Guest mademoisellegeline

I dont know if anybody posted this since this thread moves by the speed of light. I'm mindblown that JH has a DEEP DIMPLE! Wow! Fantastic baby! :x 8-} =P~  As if there's not enough reason to love this man, them boom!!!! PREGGERS AGAIN!! :)
DlufhM8.jpg

Our mantra: Jang Hyuk is married with two kids. Screw that! Two kids my foot! Everyone gets preggers just watching him from the screen. =))

To me... one of the saddest scene among others are the goodbye lift's scenes.
It started from Gunnie deep bow his head and saying "thank you...you did a great job" ..oh goosshh... I cried immediately... I can feel how's Gunnie felt to MY... Proud, happy, sad, longing, hurt..everything mixed in that scene.

Guest Hye MiP

O

nEEiUo5.png
^This Viki comment perfectly sums up  how I feel about everybody's favourite clingy siblings. tsk tsk tsk

I'm sorry for quote this image but I think it could be consider like a comment. I don't agree with these considerations about Daniel. I don't like the way Sera talked to MY because one more time showed her way to be selfish. She knows very well that Geon doesn't love her anymore.

About Daniel the story is a bit different in my opinion because he saw MY sad with Geon and very hurtful inside when she left Korea. He was with her for three years and also MY step closer to him during this time. Their relationship growed and now Daniel is trying to change this relationship because he knows what he feels. Now is MY the one who must choose what to do. Her heart is very sick now because she has her new life but she's the same MY inside. Her feeling for Geon always were inside her heart but I'm sure she tried hard for forget them. Now Geon appeared again and she's so confused. She thinks he has many faults and he's actin like a stupid man xD

I think, in the end, that more or less, the way all character are facing the situation is like they really are.

PS sorry for my bad English but although I live in UK I'm not English.

krypticsage said: I can't be the only one who is loving the fact that it was Daniel, yes Daniel, who had the Lollipop painting sent over from France. Him being ignorant of what that painting represents and telling her it brings the "studio to life" was oddly gratifying. The presence of that painting might have just inadvertently set the wheels in motion leading to our OTP's reconciliation. That painting just might be what Gun needed to see to wake up, get his head on straight, and go after the woman he loves once and for all. Mr. Pitt may have just sealed his own fate. Perhaps this is price one pays for being a busybody. 
P.S How can he not see that that is a painting of Gun? It's pretty obvious at first glance who that is(for me anyway), yet he's seen it in a studio for all these years and never made the connection. What gives?

Just came away from the KDrama blog and the scene where DP and MY appear with their new shoes...Gunnie sees them and calls DP a swallow. My understanding is that means gigolo! LOL Didn't get that translation at VIKI. Hmmmm! Am I missing more humor by not watching KDrama?

Guest Kdrama-lover

Idk about you gals but DP after the proposal rejection is disappointing me.. how could he go around telling Sera that news about the proposal sans the rejection.. is he trying to instigate Sera to go after LG so he could have a shot at MY? My sentiments about this is the same as ivye_allen's.. that they are undeniably siblings in that department.

I finally watched ep 16 with subs and this is one of my favorite eps. I think the pacing is just right. It was heartbreaking to see Geon and MY ending the project, thinking they would never see each other again. So I especially loved the last scene in MY's studio because they run into each other...I believe in their hearts they are happy to see each other.

now that the project ended, in order for the story to progress something must happen at the beginning of ep 17 to give a reason for Geon and MY to be together in future scenes. I can't wait for Wednesday! I'm hoping that at least they admit that they still have feelings for each other and it's made clear to MY that SR is not with Geon...then see them work through the other issues together.

episode 16 felt like one slow long dance of yearning, glances, and hesitation to take steps forward; so like a couple standing on the dance floor staring at each other, unable to neither look away or move towards each other....

+ what I really enjoyed about this episode is that this is a growth of her as an artist and as someone who sees herself confidently. someone mentioned it earlier that she had no self confidence in herself and therefore never saw what he saw --  "very very beautiful.." self confidence is important because unless you believe that you are of worth, it won't matter how much the other person sees you, you don't see yourself....
+ she was yearning for his approval at the meeting and seemed so disappointed that he simply said their collaboration was over. and then at the elevator, he bows formally and then acknowledges her work as "kim mi young, good work" as opposed to "ellie kim"..
+ in the ending, he said "I am your number one fan.." -- felt that it was so poignant; just like how he turned on the lights for her in the building even though she had no idea who or what was happening, he was her fan that stood in the background, invisible and yet cheering her on...
+ many of the posts here had such pretty words; @yskj -- the meaning of the lollipop painting you gave was wow! @happyboy -- love how you described how Gun is the collaborator and inspires people around him including Mi Young and Sera @ck1oz -- loved how you described this is a drama about an imaginary baby and yet here we are keenly feeling the loss; the baby was never born and like their marriage premature but made such an impact on both these lives that they are still feeling the loss from the depths of their hearts..
+ instead of fate putting them in the same place, would really like Gun and Mi Young to choose each other to make their own fate.

Guest dongwookie

this is the first time that i actually backread 15 pages or so of this thread just so i can let off some of my emotions by reading other people's reactions to the episode. gosh, i've no idea i was in for, arguably, the most heart-rending episode to date (or hopefully of the entire series) and actually dared to watch this while taking a break from work. gosh, who knew a remake can be this good? and my make-up therapy of reading this forum is not working at all, as i would tear up everytime someone mentions or describes this or that scene.. oh my poor heart..

nnai said:
His acting here is just out of this world. The upper part of his face i.e. eyebrows contorted reflecting a man torn between admitting defeat and to accept what's been laid down, being gracious or to just be out with it and fight for it. Of course he chose the former.

and... he looked really delish! at the same time too. lol

You should watch his reaction after this screen cap, around minute 47,

vlcsnap-2014-08-22-14h00m39s91_zps9ead48

onnififi said:

@fiovial said : Now I feel like I should defend Sera's mom. In no way do I find her evil. She is taking steps of what a mom would take. She has tried to talk things out with Sera but obviously Sera is one stubborn gal. So what would be the next logical to do to save her daughter from more heartbreak? Of course to go to the guy causing the heartbreak. From how I see it Sera's mom wasn't really asking Geon to marry Sera but more of telling him to stay the heck off her daughter. Only Geon could break things off completely with Sera. Sera obviously still harbored feelings for Geon and nothing pained a mother more than seeing her child hurt. I totally understand Sera's mom's actions.

I'm totally agreed with you! As a mom myself I feel for Sera mom. No mom in the world would want their daughter to be hurt. For Sera mom point of view she knows her daughter very well and she knows that her daughter is suffering a lot and still hoping/waiting for Geon... for mom sacrifices for Sera to become a successful ballerina, in a way its hurting the mom too.... Sera mom, I believe you also love your daughter a lot put aside that she is your adopted daughter....amazing I actually like Sera mom!!

stuartjmz said: ...................
As for JNR, I was really impressed with the subtlety of her facial expressions in the scene where he was annoying her by staying in the office. The way she reacted to his fake leg cramp was perfect, especially her devastating little eyebrow flick. If these two are that good when half dead from sleep deprivation, how awesome would they be in peak condition? ..............

Yeah, I get your point also. I think I was only referring to the moment of the divorce agreement revelation and Geon admitted to grandma how he acted out of impulse that he drew the contract as a response to discovering he got conned by the hamo-hamo duo (not by his own mistake or not having self-control as a man), and that he was wrong to do that.
To be clearer, what I meant to say is that it may be only Mi Young with whom he can be completely himself finally. Here's to a slew of being straightforward and more honesty after his first admitting to MY that he is Lee Young Ja. 
chunnogirl33 said: @MaurienL‌ I see everything you are saying except the part about grandma. I don't think Geon opens himself to her. He is always pretending everything is ok to spare her from any pain. She loves her grandson but I don't think she understands how much he truly hurts inside. There is love but not communication and yes its mostly Geon's doing because he is always hiding his vulnerability, but I think this is how he coped with his parents death. He probably wanted to only show a happy side to Grandma. And this is why he craves a mother, cause Grandma has not been that to him. Grandma is sweet but she also pressured him to produce a heir at all costs. That part wasn't on Gun's best interest but on the family business. Secretary Tak is the only one who really knows what Geon has gone through all these years coping with his loss, his illness, his loneliness, etc Geon craves a mother and he also craves a confidant, a friend. He was his most vulnerable and honest with Mi Young. She was that perfect companion for him. All of this before the illness of course.

Although I am desperately want our OTP to ship together as soon as possible (bcos both snails take their own sweet time to move) !!   ;)

ftly16-00245.jpg

So for me to go through this tough weekend....I'm rooting for my best Ssambop Couple to cheer me up!!  :x 

Both of them always made my day!! When they are together they have never failed to make me laugh! Lol.

ftly6-00605.jpg

ftly6-00606.jpg

Ep 16 was fabbo. Fantastic acting by the leads especially Hyukkie who really pulled out all the stops. I got a bit teary when Gun told DoggiePoopie to go to France with mum. In fact I'm turning into a sook just thinking about it. Great show. Love the balance of humour and angst.
And Hyukkie is pretty good at brooding.
Not liking Daniel much I have to say. I usually like the second male leads a lot but him... not so much.Feels too much like a helicopter boyfriend... hovering over MY. It feels like he's trying a bit too hard to overcompensate for not being the other guy.Probably just me... 

I was surprised Mi Ja would be for DP to be the new son-in-law.  I know she thinks he is handsome, but Gun delivered her precious son, Dae Chael! Really, Mi Ja?  [-X

Yes. I was thinking "what disloyalty!" Lol

Guest Kdrama-lover

I was surprised Mi Ja would be for DP to be the new son-in-law.  I know she thinks he is handsome, but Gun delivered her precious son, Dae Chael! Really, Mi Ja?  [-X

Maybe she is shallow.. she's even a bit jealous of Park Sa Jang, her husband's "other half" in the hamo-hamo duo.. :):)) Nevertheless, I bet LG won't be happy to learn about it esp since he talked fondly of her and her son when MY mentioned about her birthday. [-( :-w