[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

The last scene where he is calling her name and dog poopie had me sobbing. I was afraid he was going to crash- he was so distracted day dreaming. From the preview I fear that he will play the noble idiot role and let her go because who wants to be tide down with someone who may not have a future. If I got this wrong please clarify. Thanks!

btw, where is the nice lawyer? did he finally give up on LG after being subjected to wearing high school uniform? lol. we still need him to clarify on the new divorce papers drawn up by LG.

- dr octopus should just test LG for the Huntington's gene to know if he has it. can't it be the impact of LG's head on cement which caused the amnesia? LG is CEO remember, he eats stress for breakfast. ;)

Guest samatha

All of Se Ra's actions in this episode finally put a clear picture of her character.  We can no longer be in the fence whether she was a victim of the circumstance.  No more pity parties for her.  She could have chosen to act appropriately, but instead chose to be selfish, even mean to MY.  She will no longer be the one that was caught in the circumstances between our OTP.  She chose to put herself and her needs before everyone else, even LG and MY's baby.  
I think it was important to the story that SR acted as she did during the entire amnesia incident.  And because she made those outrageous demands (get divorced, right now!), LG will clearly see exactly how little she cares about everyone else.  I don't think LG will spare her a moment of thought from here on in.  And even if he does, there will no longer be any guilt of his part with regard to her.  Game over, Se Ra!

Guest penniekandi

samatha said: All of Se Ra's actions in this episode finally put a clear picture of her character.  We can no longer be in the fence whether she was a victim of the circumstance.  No more pity parties for her.  She could have chosen to act appropriately, but instead chose to be selfish, even mean to MY.  She will no longer be the one that was caught in the circumstances between our OTP.  She chose to put herself and her needs before everyone else, even LG and MY's baby.  
I think it was important to the story that SR acted as she did during the entire amnesia incident.  And because she made those outrageous demands (get divorced, right now!), LG will clearly see exactly how little she cares about everyone else.  I don't think LG will spare her a moment of thought from here on in.  And even if he does, there will no longer be any guilt of his part with regard to her.  Game over, Se Ra!

Guest AhmedM

I absolutely love "fated to love you", the way the drama handle the hardships is making me very comfortable when I watch it.
for the second time I cried while I was watching it. the first was ep 8 end scene and the second was today's end scene and the song that was played in the background was awesome.
I am excited about ep 12 can;t wait.

may I say how wonderful it is to see MY standing up to SR? she's now fighting for their relationship and for GD! :) "no more mrs nice girl, you're stealing my husband you prima ballerina you!" lol.

I loved also how sec Tak told MY that LG knew she was going to blame herself for everything that has happened...he knows her so well.

can't wait for the episode later.

Guest candz

just curious...anyone knows the song in episode 12 that's playing when Gun regained hi memories?  I feel that al of the songs played in this series are just awesome! <:-P

ep 11 -- logically knew the angst was coming, glad that they didn't drag out the amnesia but now the M plot seems looming.
-- was rather sweet the way brother Yong rushed in to the meeting all worried about his brother, does not use this as an opportunity to maneuver himself into CEO position. but then found it so strange that he just disappeared. we never see him in the hospital or in the house...
--  Se Ra's food didn't look very appetizing  and so it looked like she was kind of play acting a role there in her head now as the girlfriend that Gun would want; or maybe mimic Mi Young because Mi Young would be the kind of woman who would bring home lunch to the hospital. in many scenes, she actually seemed so unsure because she seemed to instinctively understand that Gun is not her Gun anymore. [he recognized Mi Young, is obsessed with the ring, her waiting in the office, his reluctance to cut ties to Mi Young etc....]
--- loved that even while Se Ra tried to drive her away, Mi Young stood her ground and didn't cave and believed and hoped that Gun would remember her and that it wasn't automatic that Gun would leave her for Se Ra.
-- thought it was sweet that while daniel was very clearly friend zoned, he accepted it with grace, dignity and didn't try to sabotage the relationship between the couple. he didn't seem too cut about it and so it seems like it was more his protective instinct really jumping in as opposed to some deep love for MiYoung. 
-- thought it was fascinating that the first point of reference that Gun remembers Mi Young is their farewell in Macau. so it was a long weekend and lots of things happened but the first memory that he remembers is when she gave him the candy and him driving away. so it was a moment that he treasured even before he got romantic for Mi Young... it was also interesting that he felt so attached to his wedding ring even though he had no idea what it was exactly and refused to give it back to Mi Young even when she explained it was hers.
-- while daniel laughed, Mi Young is right in being happy that he remembered their first meeting so vividly. we meet so many people and even if some incidents are memorable, we often don't remember the faces of those involved if we only met them once. so it was definitely sweet that he remembered her face -- she made an impression on him that he cannot forget and he felt compelled to make conversation with her.
-- Jang Hyuk did a great job showing Gun's confusion as he tries to figure out who Mi Young and what his married life means to him..
-- if they are going to play the M card, then Daniel's role will get bigger as he becomes her mentor and guide as a designer. he has already been suggesting that she take courses to refine her skill. so will we have a time jump as she heads to uni? as in the original, both Mi Young and Gun will have to figure out what ties them together when there is no child. hope we have the fun and laughter back soon next week!

A comparison of the original and Korean version of FTLY by xinmsn:
07 August 2014 08:45 | By Ng Jia Yi
The battle of the Asian drama remakes class="pvrichtxttitle" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; margin: 9px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.286em; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"We take a look at all the Asian drama remakes that have happened in recent years, and some that shouldn’t have
4D525012D8A5DD381E3DA8ED23EBC7_h498_w598

Taiwan's Fated To Love You (2008) vs Korea's Fated To Love You (2014)

Korea’s remake of Taiwan’s ratings hit, Fated To Love You, is still airing, having only reached the mid-point of its run. Despite that, it has already proven to be a fun and breezy watch and a strong contender when compared to the original.

Both versions have leads that have great chemistry with each other – Taiwan’s Ethan Ruan and Joe Chen, Korea’s Jang Hyuk and Jang Na Ra – and nuanced characters that make you want to root for them.

However, the Korean version kicks it up a notch by reworking parts of the story; Jang Hyuk and Na Ra imbue their own flavour into the characters, making this show not just a remake (we would say), but a different drama of its own.

While both versions have been entertaining and fast-paced throughout the first halves of their run, Taiwan’s Fated To Love You staggered a little towards the end, when the story turned into a tiring game of “Will they or will they not”. We can only hope that the Korean version won’t fall into the same trap.

Winner: Draw (for now)

Guest britchiche

honeywell said: What purpose does Se Ra serve now? Gun obviously loves MY now. When MY leaves, is she just gonna be about getting Gun back? Also, Daniel's partnership with Gun is done so does this mean he can start running his cafe now or will he follow MY wherever she goes?

penniekandi said: samatha said: All of Se Ra's actions in this episode finally put a clear picture of her character.  We can no longer be in the fence whether she was a victim of the circumstance.  No more pity parties for her.  She could have chosen to act appropriately, but instead chose to be selfish, even mean to MY.  She will no longer be the one that was caught in the circumstances between our OTP.  She chose to put herself and her needs before everyone else, even LG and MY's baby.  

SeRa wasn't a hateful character till this episode. 
I was sad for her the moment she ran back, leaving her ballet, clinging on to the hope that she would get LG back. I empathized with her because I'm sure her mom didn't treat her right and LG was a man who did everything for her. I don't look down upon women who want to be successful in their career but she was selfish in certain ways. 
But in this episode, 
Her words to MY. 
I'm sure she knows that the press just types whatever, she should have been considerate to MY instead of looking at her like scum. I didn't like the way SeRa was using this situation to get LG in her arms; speaking rudely to MY. 
The part you would start hating SeRa was the restaurant scene. The way she branded MY as a gold digger. The way she told she is ready to take care of the child. Just get the divorce now was so irritating.  LG is sick, she puts the blame on LG...  in the restaurant she said that she doesn't mind if his memories don't return. Utterly selfish... I bet she was praying that he never got his memories back 

MY on the other hand, I loved her reply to Sera, what LG thinks of me as (contractee or wife ) would be known when the memories are back.( Bang on girl!! Go girl!)

LG might be worried that he won't live long. I really don't want him to let go of MY. It doesn't matter how long he lives, MY would be happy to be with him and cherish the times. Becoz if it isn't LG for her, it's nobody 
:((
I'm Fated to watch you ... I'm fated to cry with you ... 

nakatsubebe said: I don't think Geon has the Huntington's disease. Like what Dr. Octopus said we should not get ahead of ourselves. He had the memory loss but he said it can be due to stress. If he had the disease, most likely he will also have the other symptoms such as the chorea part which affects his movement. He is more of a carrier of that gene and may pass it on to his future generations. He likely skipped getting the disease but poor dog-poopie because if he grows up, he'll have higher chances of getting it because his father didn't have it.

Yeah!
So glad to wake up to see this thread moving like an express train. It shows that despite the A, this episode is well executed and is well received by our posters ( except for 1, coughs)here who are giving positive feedbacks. The fact that ratings improved showed it all.
As I've mentioned earlier, we must keep faith with  this writer, so I hope I wont read articles by posters saying they'll just read recaps. 
As my PC is  old, I cant write much so I'll just keep on reading very indepth & insightful comments & giving support to FTLY by stamping on them.FTLY FIGHTING! :x :)>- :)>-

Guys, Do you think I should watch it livestream or not? 
On one hand I'm so obsessed that I want to watch the episode... 
On the other hand, i want to know the meaning of what I watch... If I watch it once without subs and then with subs, I would have an idea what would happen next.. the element of surprise goes away. 

~X( This is so confusing!! 
Can't they just release with english subs?  :((

Guest mari3all3n

I just finished watching episode 11 & I'm glad the writer did not drag the whole memory loss very long. As for Se Ra, I do feel sorry for her. She gave up ballet after knowing about the contract marriage & came back to Korea with Gun having an episode of his disease. She thought that with Gun's memory loss, she can start her relationship with him. Instead, Gun remembered what had happened for the past 3 months & realized how important Mi Young is in his life. From what was shown in the preview, I think I'll get to see again the same incident from the original version where the female lead gets into an accident and oopss.. I should not share it because others might not have watched the original version & I'll be spoiling the story fro the next episode. All I can say is that it will probably be a heart-wrenching scene..

I intend to live stream but since last week the live stream hasn't been working well.
I don't know about you guys but number 1 I can't wait and won't be able to sleep. No 2 much as I can read spoilers I prefer to watch it first hand even though I only understand about 2/3 without subs. But it's enough for me. We all know it's going to be sad but the thing with this writer is... how is it going to be executed. She has been doing an excellent job in writing all the elements I hate in a Kdrama but making it meaningful. I do love the cast and their excellent acting but the director has to be praised too. Plus the music PD the music has just suited the occasions so well.
So yeah live streaming. What I need to do though is stop coming onto soompi and making myself distracted. See you all tonight. Good luck and yeah going to have the tissues ready. I've already watched the beginning and ending for ep 11 several times because it was just so moving. In a heavy hearted made my gut wrench sort of way. When a sad scene is done right, it just feels so visceral and hits all your emotional buttons.

Some blurry pics taken by a fan. Under spoiler tag coz I think this is for tonight. The top worn by MY is the one she's wearing in the hospital bed pics posted before. I am not sure who is on the 3rd picture (looks like MY but outfit is different. Bag is the same.

BuapwkpCEAASRM1.jpg:large

BuapwlgCIAIfR9u.jpg:large

BuapwdaCYAAxz06.jpg:large

Cr: Baidu