[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

marie67 said: Did anyone notice that they moved the crib in his 'hidden room' where MY is not allowed to enter? My God it is gonna be so sad tomorrow. And please NO freaking engagement on Sera and Gun's part! Thats an aspect I dont like in the anime (I didnt finish the TW version, stopped after ep 4 cuz the guy was such a jerk and cant stand the actor who plays him).

I dunno why ppl would want to drop this drama after hearing the A word especially after watching 10 awesome episodes. Today's episode was SO brilliantly executed. Not a single scene is unnecessary. Even though Sera looks pathetic and desperate, I'm glad the writers decided to show us. At least now Sera will know Gun is in love with MY. 
What can I say abt the beginning and ending parts? They were one of the best I've seen in dramas. Jang Hyuk executed his pain so well that I started to tear up. And that song! Omg, it was perfect! I was dreading to watch today's episode since I know I will be sad. But I'm glad I did. 
And THANK YOU, Writernims for not disappointing us each week. It just keeps getting better.         =D>
(I didn't watch the TW version so whatever is happening is new for me.)

Guest Kdrama-lover

anopinion said: marie67 said: Did anyone notice that they moved the crib in his 'hidden room' where MY is not allowed to enter? My God it is gonna be so sad tomorrow. And please NO freaking engagement on Sera and Gun's part! Thats an aspect I dont like in the anime (I didnt finish the TW version, stopped after ep 4 cuz the guy was such a jerk and cant stand the actor who plays him).

Holy crap people, what a cliff hanger! :o
OK, first of all, I'm done sympathizing with Sera because she has truly become a horrible person this episode. I really thought she was a smarter character than that. Ugh, another one bites the dust. There's nothing worse than clingy ex's who LIES. I'm only glad that MY stood up for herself when Sera asked her to go away (in her own way) by saying she WON'T go away, and that she believes in Geon.
Second of all, even though I still hate the amnesia ploy, it did solved itself in one episode and created an interesting Geon in the end who just realized how he took MY for granted. On the other hand, they didn't really use it in an interesting or new way only to speed up character development and stir up conflict. At the end, the amnesia bit did more bad than good, but I'll just treat it like a speed bump we had to get over.
Thirdly, when Sera grabbed Geon when he's on the verge of discovering how she lied to him and begged him not to go. He told her, "Sera, I think I'm missing something very important." I was jumping out of my chair whooping, "Yeah! And it ain't you biyach! Get lost!" That look on Geon's face said EXACTLY just that. Jang Hyuk's eye-acting is off the charts this episode! He can convey everything with his eyes from desperation, regret, and sorrow in the end scene, his condescending look of disdain, his disbelief in everything when his memories came back, his crazed-manic eyes whenever he speaks to Director Tak. He's just amazing!
The preview indeed shows that they're fulfilling the major turning point from the original plot (I'M SO GLAD IT'S LESS THAN A DAY AWAY). But despite the incoming tragedy, I'm REALLY excited about MY's turn at stronger character development. MY even in this episode still unselfishly gave her love away to Geon and is willing to be a pushover for him and even take insults from him. Well, it's high time we start seeing a MY who learns how to treasure herself for once!

I am in awe of all your insightful, intelligent, funny comments and want to respond to them but can't now, so I choose to respond to this one.

Glad to see Gun's hair back, but when he fainted, wasn't he sporting that "other" style?  Which means it magically transformed to the original style while in the hospital bed, right?  Or am I missing something?

I read somewhere in the thread that someone mentioned that MRI cures bad hair. Don't know about u, but sounds legit to me. :))

OMG, the preview! For a minute, it gives me the hibby-jippy that they're going to lose their baby which is going to be so heartbroken!

I'm praying that this will be like the movie "Fools Rush In" with Selma Hayek in which she lies to her husband that the baby is gone (which causes them to separate) but he truly did love her and want to be with her (to find out that they never lose the baby) ... noble idiocy.

I'm in denial state seeing the preview. But I will trust the writing of this team as I love this FTLY version much more than the Taiwan version. If they really go to the miscarriage route, then this will give them a true test of love since they were married because of the baby but the 2nd time, their heart and soul will be in it for love between them.

But nonetheless, no miscarriage please. It'll be too heartbreaking!

Until the episode 11, LG has never really realised that he loved MY. First, he never told her and he even went to a psychologist\doctor because he was afraid, he would get sick. He described his symptoms about the snail to the doctor, but neither the doctor nor LG realised that those were love symptoms.

His amnesia made it realise that Sera had never come to Macau and in fact rejected his proposal and he had moved on... had started to love MY.

I loved the beginning and the ending, first due to the acting, but also you could feel LG's pain how he was aware of MY's suffering and hurt. Now, we know and even LG knows that he really loves MY and even if MY leaves him, he will try to make it up to her... and nothing will stop him.

I am not so sure about Daniel; it seems to me that he accepted MY's love for LG and decided to keep being a good person. HE even tried to help LG to remember MY.

I would like to see more the half-brother helping LG since he has sided to LG

Guest LadyAra

class="at_ttl"‘Fated to Love You’ Jang Hyuk remembers Jang Na Ra and cries

kdramastars.com

MBC drama 'Fated to Love You' actor Jang Hyuk remembered his love with actress Jang Na Ra. On the most recent episode of the drama MBC drama 'Fated to Love You' which aired on August 6, 2014, Lee Gun, played by actor Jang Hyuk, remembered the presence of Kim Mi Young, played by actress Jang Na Ra, and the child. When Lee Gun looked at Kim Mi Young's journal about the baby, Lee Gun cried and regained his memory little by little. After he gained his memory, Lee Gun yelled Kim Mi Young's name and cried. In related news, the new MBC romantic comedy drama "Fated to Love You" tells a story of a naïve girl named Kim Mi Young, played by actress Jang Na Ra, who is at times too nice, and her destined love with Lee Gun, played by actor Jang Hyuyk, whose position as a heir is being threatened.[more]

I just watched episode 11 and I'd say Fated to Love You has already broken my heart on two occasions.

One is when their ratings went down for episode 10..but I'm more optimistic now that the ratings have been neck and neck. And knowing how FTLY's ratings trend is...it usually increases its ratings on Thursdays except for episode 10..so, I'm really hoping that it will be number 1 anytime soon especially that the story is at its climax. And its the only drama that was shown yesterday with an increase in viewership even if its just 0.2% increase.

Second is at the ending of episode 11...I couldn't see any other actors playing the roles of Lee Geon and Mi Young except for Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk. Some may disagree but I've been a fan of them since Successful Story of a Bright Girl...and finally this series is just heaven sent to reunite them once again (which I thought was far fetched before 2014 because reuniting OTPs are not common in kdramaland). Jang Hyuk is just a great actor...I especially like how his tears drop when he was reading the prenatal diary. He conveyed that emotion wherein he tears up but he doesn't know why =D> Just awesome =D> And being a Nara fan, I see how Nara has really improved on her acting recently...I've seen how she was bashed for her acting during her fame in early 2000s but she's just great here! I want them to win awards at the year end drama awards because they deserved it!

In regards to the amnesia part, I actually think it was necessary for Geon to finally realize Mi Young's importance in his life. Some have questioned why he didn't talk after Mi Young said 'I like him' during the family meeting. He still might have questions in his mind or startled by Mi Young's sudden utterance of the words 'I like him'. When he remembered Mi Young, he feels she is something that is missing in his life and realization that she is the one he truly loves to the point of leaving Sera forever.

My thought for episode 12, it will break my heart for the third time but hopefully makes me happy with its ratings. I just feel the accident needs to be there although most may disagree...it's sad but in real life, sad things happen. In TW version that accident is the turning point for each character to grow and change. And I'm looking forward how this version will treat those changes with each character. Will Mi Young have to go to a different place or country? I don't know...things seems to be unpredictable even if its a remake. Mi Young may have the thought that Geon pushed her away (based on preview) including the baby and this can create a misunderstanding for the M scene if Geon has to sign the consent to abort the baby to save Mi Young's life.

Sorry for the long post...I've been lurking more than posting lately :P

Hello everybody! This is my first ever post in soompi :) I would like to say that I am just IN LOVE with this drama; I can't stop checking soompi periodically.
After seeing the text preview first and then the video preview, I was not the least bit worried nor angry with the writers. Yes, I was anxious of how the viewers might react, however, I continued to believe in the writers and PD-nims, and more importantly with the cast. The Jangs deliver their scenes too well to let me down. Although many might not like that the drama used the amnesia card (it was for a short bit anyway!), I believe it made sense (knowing of Gun's genetic disease) and it was also a way of slapping Gun in the face of how he truly felt for MY. It's great to see MY stay by his side even with the pain she had to withstand with Gun's harsh words/not remembering her and dog-poopie and SeRa trying to put a wedge between them. At first, I tried to be understanding of how hurt she must have been, but after today, I see no reason to pity her at all anymore. It was just victory when Gun left her there saying "I feel like something's missing."
I'm excited for what tomorrow's episode brings (although the preview just breaks my heart). I just finished watching the subbed episode 11 and I bawled my eyes silently on the last few minutes (haha, my family members were in the next room - they always make fun of me for crying over a drama!). What a brilliant delivery. Can't wait for tomorrow *prepares myself for excessive and loud bawling* 

kaddict92 said: (...cut post)
@trixie1029 I applauded both Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara for their performances. In today episode JH was able to deliver comedic antics and heartbreak. Because of the amnesia he reverted to childish immature and a bit rude Gun but when he came back after he changed bc of MY his crying scene and his yelling out snail omg. My heart. It's so raw. I hope younger pretty boys take cues on this man's acting ability. JN didn't cried when Gun was being mean to her and the whole situtation upon it instead she pretend to smile but her whole expressions you can just feel and know she's hurt. She's not even letting out emotions like Gun yet by crying but you feel so bad for her. 

The MRI doesn't only fix his hair it's also gave him facial treatment. :)) :))How come someone that has been hospitalized look so beautiful when i'm not? :(( :((
A1_2014080709274645e.jpgA2_20140807092747bd5.jpgI love you as fate

I love you as fateI love you as fateA6_201408070928509b8.jpgA7_20140807092851615.jpgA8_2014080709285393c.jpgA9_2014080709285579a.jpg

cr: as tagged
I always like Zoi screencaps. she's amazzzziingggg! btw, this is a simple scene but i like how JH play this situation from open his eyes, adjusting to the environment, register the awareness and shock when he sees Sera. his eye acting is Ammmahhzingg. hell yes onion headhell yes onion head

Guest Kdrama-lover

OMG, I'm struggling here from being affected by the M plot. I want to trust the writers but am getting a bit emotional and teary eyed reading your posts.. :( Our Gae-dong has been so dear to us and I for one would REALLY, REALLY be heartbroken should something bad happen to him. Dear FTLY writers, please be good to our Gae Dong-i.. [-O< [-O< [-O<