[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Hello, guys! I'm new to this thread please welcome me. :)
I was very giddy every since I've found out there's gonna be a remake of FTLY starring my favorite actors to boot and one of the best OTP! I must say these 12 years made a great difference and you could feel the grows of their professionalism. Love them! They make a very charismatic pair all over again even with all Lee Gun’s silly antics. Lol
I must say, I started to watch this dorama as a completely separate entity from the original Thai series. I loved the Thai version it was one of my first doramas ever so it has a sweet spot in my heart but the male lead was a total jerk and I never understood what the leading lady found in him.
But in Korean version Lee Gun is VERY much lovable ( at least for now), so I don't think we would have to worry about the remake taking up the original root. Yes, it has a lot of similarities in events and their sequence but as far as the characters go it is very different.
Gun can be totally silly and exaggerating at times (his maniacal laughter cracks me every time! ^_^) but he is kind, loyal, sharp when it comes to human nature and with a strong sense of justice (and he has a dog phobia ^_^ another difference). So I hope when the first hysterics pass he would take on the responsibility. I'm sure he'd make such a hilarious Daddy constantly fretting for his little rice cake.
I'm dying to see him fainting away while MY delivers. He would be the one in need of supporting instead of MY, I'm sure. He is such a big babby at heart! =)) =)) =)) And how I love MY, she is so very cute and charming! I always loved Nara! :x
The only let down for me is that Jin Huyk plays the part of a brother instead of the love rival. Pity! I would absolutely love to see Lee Gun getting jealous. MWHAHAHAHA =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) He is very protective and possessive of what is his own! :D
But still the twist on MY's background is very refreshing (another difference from the original) and Daniel oppa would make a very protective brother. He won't forgive Lee Gun so easily if he'd hurt his little sis. So the chance of rivalry is still there. Plus Gun is very dumb and it would take some time to figure out the nature of Daniel & MY relationship. I just can imagine how Gun would try to eavesdrop on them from the near rose bushes every chance he gets. :))
And the last thing I'm absolutely curious about is how the Writer-nim plans to go about the pregnancy. I really wish they would change the original plot when it comes to Lee Gun Jr. But then again the original Thai scene was very emotionally loaded and point turning. I was crying a river during the time. And it made the leading lady strong in the long run and totally turned the tables for the OTP.
I want to see that happen to our MY (not the baby scene mind you) but for her to become confident and strong, to find her worth and respect herself. But most of all to learn how to say NO, could it be that Lee Gun would be the first one to receive a No from her?
I definitely love this dorama and I'm on board of GunMi ship! :x :x :x They are absolutely fated to love each other!

p.s. I have a question though guys, how many episodes is it gonna be? I couldn't find any confirmed info. Some list it as 20 and others as 16. So how many is it?

Guest spideysteve

Haven't watched ep 4 yet, but now I have something to look forward to in ep 5. :))

Preview for Ep 5

H69YUXV.jpg?1?8528

juju84 said:

p.s. I have a question though guys, how many episodes is it gonna be? I couldn't find any confirmed info. So list it as 20 and others as 16. So how much is it?

he prepare a bed to her -swooonhe give her his jacket - swoooooonnnnhe lift her from hospital bed - swooooooooonnnnnnnn
i think i'm going crazy with all the worth swooning moment. wait, i still dont finish watching the vid cut. is there another swooning moment? i think i should prepare some medicine first. dead onion headdead onion headdead onion head

@spideysteve, thank you for the info! ^_^ So we have plenty of time for the proper build up of the romance and a lot more of the cuteness and hilarity! Yay!
But it also leaves some time from the major Turn just like in the original when the male lead receives a very rude wake up call for all of his stupidity.
Damn, I just can’t wait for the next week now!

To those who are asking about the snail..,

In the TW version, LG (JCX in Taiwan) and his assistant calls MY (Chen Xin Yi in Taiwan) a snail because they initially thought she was slow and very ordinarym I don't know if this is why there are snails in the story but this may be a reference to the TW version.

ElleSor said:

To those who are asking about the snail..,

In the TW version, LG (JCX in Taiwan) and his assistant calls MY (Chen Xin Yi in Taiwan) a snail because they initially thought she was slow and very ordinarym I don't know if this is why there are snails in the story but this may be a reference to the TW version.

@ChelseaS, @tinatrix236,  Thanks for the recap..
Also didn't one of her sister said she was the one that wanted the stand..LOL (one night stand) Man I have a new name for it.. 
Reading about this hospital scene crack me up that Jh is just hilarious in this drama.. lilynyon said: @Chelsea, may I ask why are all your comments in yellow wording??? I wanted to read it but unfortunately not able to do so. Kindly advise. Thanks.

It was Mi Young's mom that keeps saying "the stand" while yelling at Gun to inform him about the pregnancy then Mi Sook, Mi Young's oldest sister, I think she's the oldest, the one that's not pregnant corrected their mother that it's "one night stand"! Lmao! "the stand" is so much better! I'm so loving it!