[Drama 2014] Glorious Day 기분 좋은 날

Guest reijaye

Just finished watching ep 43 with subs. Great episode. All the loose ends are being tied up, and without too much of a rushed job as I feared it would be. 

Hee Joo has confessed his relationship with the family, and I guess it would be too much to expect them to accept him immediately. So it is right for the writer to leave the story as such. Although the family is not able to fully forgive In Sung yet, they know that it is time to let go and move on.

I would like it if more time can be given for them to talk about their feelings (e.g. for DJ to open up her heart towards JW) so that we can have a better glimpse how they work through their emotions as they seek closure.... but given the lack of time, I guess this is still acceptable...    

In Sung has also showed that he is ready to move on as he tells NGY what he would have wanted to do for his daughters --- that 's why NGY went to hug the cry baby Da Ae, promised DJ that he would take care of her scar, etc. 

There are still many comical and light moments as the family dealt with heavier issues --- the part when the guys met to discuss how life would be like if NGY became their Father-in-law was hilarious, so was IW & JW's dancing at the playground, not to mention Director Yoo's reactions when JW was over protective of his pregnant wife.  

Two issues that have yet to be tied up, Eun Chan's acceptance of DA as mom, and whether his opening of his heart to DA would in turn persuade her to have a child of her own since Dr Kang seems keen to have another child .... 

Let's see whether these get settled in today's episode.

Bitter-sweet feelings as we bid good-bye to GD....

Bravo GD team !!! Thank you for many Glorious weekends !     

Bravo LSW!  LSW's portrayal of JW is awesome -- sincere, genuinely caring, a little nerdy but naturally charming and cute. Glad that he took on JW's role and showed us so many different aspects of him that we have never seen before :) 

And  what a treat to watch veterans like Choi Bool Am and Na Moon Hee. Most dramas do not give enough weightage to the parts played by G/parents. Glad that they are the pillars in GD.           

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@CatherineS and @hell59  ... am glad that more people like yourself are aware that we cannot take these ratings blindly.  It only represents the number of people who view the said drama.  It doesn't tell you if they like or dislike the drama.  And, it refers to ONLY tv.  In reality, media habit has changed.  Therefore, it is a very narrow view.  
Kdrama industry should not use it as a guide to decide on the good or bad of a drama.  Anyhow this is a big topic and this is not the forum for me to explain in detail in terms of 1) why this rating exists for a different objective and it has its purpose, 2) why it should not be used for assessing performance of kdrama and 3) what the industry should do instead to measure performance.  At the end of the day, we cannot change the thinking at the moment through this forum.  Change can only happen at an industry level with the broadcasters and advertisers committee; I think.
I have just checked a few websites on feedback on Jabori and What Happens to My Family as these are the top 2 TV ratings.  I laughed when I saw comment on Jabori.  Because of high ratings... they have extended from 50 episodes to 52.  What are people saying online??  They should NOT extend as they are dragging the story.  Hahahaha.. !!  
In terms of how much people like GD vs Jabori and WHTMF ...  it is clear that GD is well liked by viewers.  It is based on the following:1) GD is by far the MOST liked drama by SBS viewers.  It has 16,065 likes.  The next liked drama on SBS has less than 5000 likes.  Why does SBS choose to cut GD?  Crazy.2) Ratings from various websites.  Website like Daum captures both local and overseas feedback.  And, the ratings come with comments.  Therefore  you can see why people like the drama.  Glad to see that some soompi members have rated too!  The rest of the websites are english based and therefore I think it is only international ratings.
I have tabulated here what I can find today...  GD has done well!  Many other viewers in Korea and internationally are of the same opinion as us that GD is an AWESOME drama.  
Hope GD team gets the recognition for their EXCELLENT performance and professionalism.

Website

Rating by Viewers for …

Glorious Day

(SBS)

Jabori

(MBC)

What Happens to My Family

(KBS2)

Daum

(out of 10)

(out of 10)

(out of 10)

1168 votes

1753 votes

290 votes

AsianWiki

(out of 100)

(out of 100)

(out of 100)

536 votes

574 votes

582 votes

Gooddrama

(out of 10)

(out of 10)

(out of 10)

553 votes

426 votes

152 votes

Dramago

(out of 10)

(out of 10)

(out of 10)

119 votes

146 votes

77 votes

Sources: website of daum, asianwiki, gooddrama, dramago.
Here is link to DAUM website if you wish to see feedback ..
http://movie.daum.net/tv/detail/point/list.do?tvProgramId=65499
Look forward to the final episode tonight :x :x

Guest AmalA1430294167

whatever the ratings ... I just like GD than the others drama. Great story and great actors/actress. also no makjang story. so sad they cut the episode. but everything happen for a reason.

Looking forward from all the cast next project. I hope LSW and PSY getting pair up again someday.

Thank You GD, u give us such a warm story.

OMG, the ring is on SJ's finger. I'm crying ...as they are both crying...

I really feel the pressure the crew has when the drama is cut short. All the scenes are so short and somehow lack of link/smooth. Anyway, all meaningful scenes today.

CatherineS said: I really really like the song of two brothers JW&IW even there interpreting the song and dance they deliver with funnythings but full of meaning the content of the song. The ep play by play no more question can we ask for but still everytime i think that tonight is the last time my heart is aching.

Guest leinbou

기분좋은날, 끝!!! I'm going to miss this show.
BzL08eRCAAI0Jwh.jpg

BzL08ivCAAAF4kz.jpg

BzL07itCEAAou6_.jpg

BzL07-hCIAEpfCw.jpg

I honestly have screencapped more but my laptop died in the middle of the show so-- ; ;

Guest CatherineS1430294463

Its hard to say good-by/farewell but we have to say GOOD-BY AND FAREWELL accept that this is the end. But felling happy and learn so much in this family drama. The last episode no questionable every scene is play by play no more question can we ask for JW SAY "REAL EVERYDAY HAPPEND FOR EVERYDAY REAL LIFE." Missed you all.

Happy DA and so touched by Eun Chan calling her "Eomma".  Really like DA.  Lucky EC.  Great daughter and sister too.  Always very compassionate to people around her.
Thank you to Hwang Woo Seul Hye for your great performance.  
201410052129770324_54313a122507e.jpg

Credit OSEN and SBS
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109974397

I just like this drama and declared to watch it again after the last sub set is out.. But most of all I enjoyed watching this drama with all of you and hope your days be just as glorious as Glorious Days..

Hate that the ratings was low but overall it was a good family drama    

Glad that there is a happy ending for all, even though there may be some regrets --- Halmoni's condition has worsened and she can no longer recognize Halaboji  even JW.

DA-- glad that EC has accepted her as Mom and even told her that he wants a younger sister like her... But seems that DA has not changed her decision about not having a biological child. 

But I guess, the regrets and tinge of bitter sweet feeling is what makes the drama realistic......  

Guest kawaiiyuki

I'm going to miss the drama. I really liked it. I'm kinda sad it got cut short but i'm also glad that the ending wasn't too rushed and we got to see some story lines tied up. I'm glad to know that somewhere in drama land this family is going to have a happy life. Not all happy but they can face any problems that come their way.

What surprised me in the flash forward is how much EC changed. He looked like he got a little chubby-er but still so cute and i love how he and DA have their disagreements. Such a teenager! haha.

Archived