[Drama 2014] Glorious Day 기분 좋은 날

Guest reijaye

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here I was, excitedly waiting for today's episode of Glorious Day... /sighs
It's so sad to hear that the production will be cut so short! Seven episodes ahead of the promised ending, and I can only so wonder how production is going to be. I've been working in production for the longest time, and I can only understand the stress suddenly thrusted upon our lovely crew. Being part of the audience, I am both in shock and hurt, because we've all been supporting this show since Day 1, despite the ups and downs, and now that we're finally in the last leg of the drama, it suddenly ends. It's like you can see the finish line, and you suddenly fall on your knees, and couldn't finish the race any more.
Although, of course, I do understand that, apart from the Asian Games, there's the issue of low ratings (which sucks, by the way, I don't understand why it has ratings so low). So maybe SBS decided to stop financing the show and just end it already.
I'm a little worried how they'll end it, though. There's the case of the half-brother, although I believe it's only one of the minor details of the show which can be easily resolved; there's So-yi and In-woo, although I can finally see So-yi actually turning around; but then there's the issue of the publisher. I wonder how can they do it in three episodes-- either build her up and suddenly break her down, or maybe make her realize suddenly that she really cannot stand against Song-jung?
Gaaaaaaaaah, the frustrations. The ending would feel so forced, with the way things are looking right now.

Although it may seem impossible, I'm seriously hoping the last three episodes will be longer than the one-hour span of the preceding episodes. Maybe an hour and a half? Or even two. I think it's the best way to at least make things work. And to honor the cast and crew who have been working so hard in the past months, as well as the fans who followed and supported the show all throughout its run. I doubt SBS will even consider it, nor will the idea even cross their minds, but I guess there's no harm in hoping.

It's been a while since I've been hooked to a drama, and I truly commend Glorious Day. I've been telling my mom and sisters about it, and each weekend we've all been watching it. This news is truly heart-breaking. I raise my glass to the cast and the crew of the show, and I wish the last three episodes success. I'm definitely going to rewatch this soon. I honestly loved the show.

leinbou said: And here I was, excitedly waiting for today's episode of Glorious Day... /sighs
It's so sad to hear that the production will be cut so short! Seven episodes ahead of the promised ending, and I can only so wonder how production is going to be. I've been working in production for the longest time, and I can only understand the stress suddenly thrusted upon our lovely crew. Being part of the audience, I am both in shock and hurt, because we've all been supporting this show since Day 1, despite the ups and downs, and now that we're finally in the last leg of the drama, it suddenly ends. It's like you can see the finish line, and you suddenly fall on your knees, and couldn't finish the race any more.
Although, of course, I do understand that, apart from the Asian Games, there's the issue of low ratings (which sucks, by the way, I don't understand why it has ratings so low). So maybe SBS decided to stop financing the show and just end it already.
I'm a little worried how they'll end it, though. There's the case of the half-brother, although I believe it's only one of the minor details of the show which can be easily resolved; there's So-yi and In-woo, although I can finally see So-yi actually turning around; but then there's the issue of the publisher. I wonder how can they do it in three episodes-- either build her up and suddenly break her down, or maybe make her realize suddenly that she really cannot stand against Song-jung?
Gaaaaaaaaah, the frustrations. The ending would feel so forced, with the way things are looking right now.

Although it may seem impossible, I'm seriously hoping the last three episodes will be longer than the one-hour span of the preceding episodes. Maybe an hour and a half? Or even two. I think it's the best way to at least make things work. And to honor the cast and crew who have been working so hard in the past months, as well as the fans who followed and supported the show all throughout its run. I doubt SBS will even consider it, nor will the idea even cross their minds, but I guess there's no harm in hoping.

It's been a while since I've been hooked to a drama, and I truly commend Glorious Day. I've been telling my mom and sisters about it, and each weekend we've all been watching it. This news is truly heart-breaking. I raise my glass to the cast and the crew of the show, and I wish the last three episodes success. I'm definitely going to rewatch this soon. I honestly loved the show.

Well said @mymaimlt and @leinbou.  Feel the same.  It all seem so unfair to the casts especially Lee Sang Woo, Halmoni, Halaboji, etc... they have worked so hard and consistently giving us great performance each weekend.  I do hope they are recognised and compensated for their A+++ performance and effort.  Imagine the energy and time they have invested.
Perhaps you and those who have similar sentiments could help by sending in your feedback to SBS and via daum.  @Skyzora has done so.  I will also do the same this weekend.  We need to ask for fairness ... be it for cast or viewers.  I don't think it would affect SBS's decision to reduce episodes for local reasons.  BUT they ought to hear the real review and sentiment towards GD cast and a story well told ... messages that society today need to be reminded of.  Good values and strong korean culture transpired. More importantly compensating the GD team.
I have my strong assessment on the ratings and industry is misled on a traditional measurement, applied on new viewership habits.  Especially in south korea where they are so advanced in new media.  Off topic to discuss here. So i shall not elaborate more on this point.

Honestly, I think they should've not dragged NGY and HSJ's romance line. Now they have three episodes to go. Which means that they only had four episode of romance and truest me there will be a time jump. So I am a little disappointed that I don't get to see their romance.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I'm just beginning to watch Glorious Days, so I feel thankful that I can watch in a marathon setting since most of the episodes are loaded. I'm disappointed that the drama is being cut short. Really reminds me of Wild Chives and Soybean Soup which was cut short by 25 episodes---so many things were left up in the air and unfinished. It had the makings of a good drama, but the writer focused on the wrong things instead of the main couple. Thankfully this drama doesn't have that many episodes left.

I'm watching this drama because your comments make me want to......THANK YOU!!!!

@maimymlt: I hate it's ending so quickly and I'm so angry that the writer dragged out the SA part when she could've and should've focused on the romance I was so looking forward to!! HSJ/NGY!!! 

This is so true. I am thankful that the daughters actually got married to good men which suited HSJ's standards/tastes, but the writer spent too much time pitting HSJ and NGY against each other (about which I'm really not complaining, since it was hilarious to watch the development of their relationship), but then the story lost focus as the issues multiplied. 
I'm not totally against the twists and turns, because it somehow kept me glued to my seat, you know, and it's not always good to have a story smooth-sailing, but they could have at least focused mainly on the blossoming relationship between HSJ and NGY, since they're primarily the center of the story. I know the daughters are involved too, since they're HSJ's objective, but wasn't 'she ends up getting married herself' part of the synopsis too? I remember reading that somewhere, I just can't remember where.
In any case, I'm still wildly hoping the remaining episodes will be special ones which can, at least, decently close the story of our beloved family (2-hr specials, anyone? Haha, in my dreams, right?). It's the least they could do, I guess. Glorious Day must redeem itself in these three remaining episodes for it to be worthy of its title.

irilight said: So sad it ends early, with fewer episodes..

I see also on other drama I watch when they cancel episodes right and left, due to events like sports and  Incheon games.

It makes me wonder - about how these productions companies work -  Don't they plan ahead of time with a calender? The incheon games was not a surprise that fell from the sky like a meteor.  Everyone knew about it... Why was it not planned for to begin with the production team and the actors, that it would cause the drama to be delayed - and enter into everyone's schedule....?!

Guest samasta93

I was truly enjoying GD and expecting a lot from it because of its neutral tone (read: makjang thingy). It's refreshing.

Although the writer has lost her sense of writing in recent episodes, I still had hope that the drama would end on ep. 50 just like it's initial plan. So, I am disappointed knowing that they cut it till ep. 44 =_=

I think SBS and MBC should sort of disregard ratings a bit when it comes to weekend family drama competition with KBS =_=

The latter's rating is ridiculous.. even till today I still can't fathom why King's Family could have such high rating.. maybe large percentage of ahjumma ahjussi only remember channel number of KBS and forget the rest (:|

Hi all, gigglessquiggles shared an insightful article, which I thought may be useful to share it in this forum as well. (Re: the section on production)  

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_drama

So another reason that GD has been cut short is that the production company may have run out of funds. They don't seem to have found new sponsors or product placements for the show. This probably also explains the lack of publicity for this drama.   

Really hope that the cast and staff will be properly paid for their hard work.

Guest Bijan630

From what I'm reading, the powers that be and sponsors, not the viewers, choose to support dramas that: 
Force us to hate ONE main character when there's an entire cast of really great actors and actresses.Force us to follow endless plot-twists which only lead to disappointing endings.Force us to what poorly developed story-lines with so many holes in them you can drop skyscrapers through them.BECAUSE........A decently written story with well developed characters, a FAMILY drama, which promotes family values, morality, support for one another, kindness, love, and affection simply doesn't sell?
Is it really becoming sensationalism over substance?  Bad publicity is better than no publicity at all? All the cliche's that you can think of.....is this where K-dramas are heading?
Somebody needs to think long and hard about how and why Korean dramas became so popular worldwide!
Glorious Day doesn't deserve this!

Hello everyone, this is Jamie Hartford from America! At first I just wanted to keep things to myself, so that I don't complain, but I can't hold it in anymore. So here is my concert regarding the drama being shorten. On the other hand, I totally understand situation happens any the actresses and actors have other plans and things to do. But here is what I think, when there is no funds or people who don't support the drama, who would want to continue? They need to make money too. Also, why does it matter so much what the Korean thinks? They are all bias. Just because this drama didn't have the actors or the actress that they like, they don't watch it. Or the story is not their type. I know what the Korean like, they like all the birth secret and the step-mom hate each other. Thus, if the money is concert, they can tell us where we can donate it, cause I would do it! Now days the companies (SBS, KBS, & MBC) should not care about what the rating does. Because now, we can watch those things online. Hello, producer, we don't live in the 70s anymore. There are a lot of things they should put it in consideration. Like: overseas, online, etc. Koreans shouldn't be the only one judging if the drama is good or not. Not to lie, I really like LMH and PSH, and all those famous people, but they are really getting on nerve. Their drama could be the worse drama on the planet, the Koreans would watch it, just because it had LMH in it. Isn't that sickening.

I watched Korean dramas for almost a decade and I have not liked another drama more than this. This one is honestly the best one.

I had trouble posting a video.. i shall post a thought about HSJ's book instead.  Just a point of view.
I like the symbolism of the HSJ's book in this drama .. ability to write and live our life well.  It is like ... God gave us life ... we are also given courage to write it well... we are blessed with family and friends to help us along the way.  How HSJ is changing part of the story and her decision to change the title of the book .. a symbolism of how we must have wisdom, courage and strength to change if we are going off track.  Mustn't let pride and ego get into the way.. then we can write a better story for ourselves.  
Great reminder.  Actually it was interesting that she wanted to change the title from love to forgivenesss.  But of course, love is more inspirational.  And, NGY wouldn't approve for obvious reason :)) :))
Isn't GD's story wholesome? Am still in denial.. only 3 episodes left.  Sigh.
timg?wapp&quality=80&size=b585_2000&cut_ 
Credit SBS

Archived