|2014 WGM S4 COUPLE| NAM GOONG MIN ∞ HONG JIN YOUNG

happymemories09

Guest banana1992

• "I could possibly be standing in the way of Jin Young’s future path.” -- what does he mean by that?????

​here's what i take from that statement. he needs to be careful in delivering the bad news in case HJY will be affected by it negatively (like getting tons of antis or negative comments) which is bad for her career. OR let's say if he didn't confirm all these thing and he leave their relationship vague in the public's eyes, and one day HJY caught dating with someone else. how do you think her image will be? people will feel cheated and start giving her tons of hate because they thought she's in love or she's in relationship with NGM for real all this time. that's why he needs to be careful because his statement about the couple will automatically affect HJY too. that's what he meant by "standing in the way of HJY's future path"

just a friendly advice, guys. and since it's an advice you may or may not accept it, that's up to you. 

let's just accept things the way it is. there's no point in overly read between the line, because it won't change anything, and you would just hurt even more next time you see any news about them dating/marrying someone else. 

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iheartwookie

Just heard the news and I got shocked for what NGM's said...I hope that is not what he really meant... He is too honest. I guess he is really uncomfortable when people asking him about HJY. Is he already annoyed? :tears:

I do understand that they are both busy, but I am just wondering, why is it hard for them to send a short text messages or a minute call to the fact that even in their busy sched they have still free time. If we will notice they could update their SNS account and go out together w/ their friends/colleagues. If they really treasured their almost a year relationship, it will not be hard for them to say Hi and Hello. Sorry for my long post... I am just kinda sad and a bit dissapointed. But what can I do, thats their personal life and all I can do is to understand them and continue my support for every projects that they have. I will still love GoongJin/MinYoung couple no matter what...

@banana1992 ~ makes sense... She has been answering lots of questions and being as vague as possible. So it was time for him to come in and do his bit... Oh well.. 

​This is the last time I'm gonna comment about this, but when you compare his first post-WGM interview with hers, the difference is so huge, I don't know how to feel.

http://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/we-got-marrieds-hong-jin-young-dishes-about-her-relationship-with-namgoong-min-in-real-life/

Guest myshipper

I think I like to hear vague answers until one or both of them find their significant other. His answer is too blunt my heart can't take it. Why don't they contact each other when he still keeps contact with his drama co stars? To be honest, I don't like the way he responded to the queation. He could have added "... but we never know the future." It feels like he cut all the ties with HJY and the fans. I'm sorry, I'm just really sad. Maybe I'll get better and think better after some time. 

Hi friends...@banana1992 helped  to translate the following...source articles below...generally theres a post article after NGM's first comment abt his relationship with JY

'In this new interview, NGM said because of this morning's article, as expected HJY is in a bad position because of him.  So he contacted her for thenfirst time in a long time.  And he said, JY said that he doesnt need to worry about her, its okay and he can do Interview comfortably.  And NGM said that JY is a nice person.

He said he had the thought to continue the relationship as an oppa-dongsaeng relationship, but after the stint ended, some people aggressively put pressure on them that they should continue their relationship.  So they (or he) Feel burdened by It

In other article, but from the same interview, NGM says he is ok with all the backlash .  But because of him, Jy's name is dragged intonthe mess and he feels bad about it'

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/News/articleView.html?Idxno=60653

http://www.sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201506/Ss20150605163807136720.htm

http://www.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=416&aid=0000151568

Hi friends...@banana1992 helped  to translate the following...source articles below...generally theres a post article after NGM's first comment abt his relationship with JY

'In this new interview, NGM said because of this morning's article, as expected HJY is in a bad position because of him.  So he contacted her for thenfirst time in a long time.  And he said, JY said that he doesnt need to worry about her, its okay and he can do Interview comfortably.  And NGM said that JY is a nice person.

He said he had the thought to continue the relationship as an oppa-dongsaeng relationship, but after the stint ended, some people aggressively put pressure on them that they should continue their relationship.  So they (or he) Feel burdened by It

In other article, but from the same interview, NGM says he is ok with all the backlash .  But because of him, Jy's name is dragged intonthe mess and he feels bad about it'

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/News/articleView.html?Idxno=60653

http://www.sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201506/Ss20150605163807136720.htm

http://www.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=416&aid=0000151568

​Hahahaha you know what this reminds me of? His brother saying NGM doesn't think first before he says something. Oh my, I hope there isn't a lot of negative backlash against both of them and WGM because of his interview. So he contacted her after this mess? LOL a blessing in disguise, huh?

Guest banana1992

he already did received a lot of backlash in instagram (directly comments in his ig or through namong fans accounts). many of namong fans turn their back on him, but that's okay. that's the consequences. he's a man, and he supposed to be the one who drop the bomb. he will be okay with that. this kind of hate won't last that long anyway. he will regain tons of fans later when he comeback with his drama. 

let's not blame NGM or HJY for all of this. they just did their job properly. we all hurt, but remember that both of them are probably having a hard time too. 

Guest myshipper

What I'm afraid happened. I hope fans won't be too hard on them. I also hope that 'oppar is right and the girl is to be blamed' move won't happen. *prays

The evil shipper in me hope that he will eat his word about his relationship with her. I'm evil like that. *evil laugh

What I'm afraid happened. I hope fans won't be too hard on them. I also hope that 'oppar is right and the girl is to be blamed' move won't happen. *prays

The evil shipper in me hope that he will eat his word about his relationship with her. I'm evil like that. *evil laugh

​I guess everyone is now waiting for what she's gonna say to this. Can the media savvy Jinyoung turn things around? 

NGM has sure opened a can of worms! Even AllKpop and Netizenbuzz picked up on his statements...

http://www.netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/06/nam-goong-min-reveals-there-is-no.html

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/nam-goong-min-says-hes-not-in-contact-with-hong-jin-young-after-we-got-married 

Is this a death sentence to WGM?

Guest myshipper

​I guess everyone is now waiting for what she's gonna say to this. Can the media savvy Jinyoung turn things around? 

Interesting. Will Jinyoung be the savior?

Oh, about NGM calling her and asking if she's okay, of course she says okay, NGM-Ssi. 

I hope it won't do bad to his just-getting-better career. Being a celebrity is hard. You should be ready with the concequences of your every move. Lesson learned: think before you speak. 

I'm feeling so many emotions from reading his translated interviews. I'm surprised at how honest he was in the interview but a part of me is confused as why would NGM think that he would be in HJY's way. A part of me is then relieved because we all have been waiting for a response from NGM and we also thought that by the time his drama has ended, he might have something to say regarding his WGM relationship with HJY. And instead of letting HJY coming out and saying that "we don't keep in contact!", I feel like NGM is taking a lead- so I'm thankful for that. From reading his interviews, I also feel that NGM is considerate in knowing that his interview may impact HJY and because of that, he contacted her for the first time in months. This is kinda important as it shows that although WGM ended several months ago, NGM still has HJY's phone number. Although his answer may not be what we wanted to hear, a part of me is worried as hardcore fans may be giving both of them backlash for "not ending up together". These fans should really respect his decision as they (NGM and HJY) would know what's best for them.

But at the same time, I think there might be more to it as NGM and HJY don't really need to report everything back to the Korean media or its viewers. A part of me hopes that maybe because he did feel uncomfortable with all the people asking him about his relationship with HJY, hence he is implying for his viewers to give space and let things be natural between them.

For me, I will support both of them in their own individual activities :)

I'm happy we're all here and none of us seem delusional like the comments believe. I feel like this is a difficult time for these two and I hope we can show everyone that shippers are not delusional fans who give up on their celebs once they sever up relations and to prove that shippers are loyal fans of the celebrities despite the shipping title. Please keep this thread active and don't let it die. Them not being a couple doesn't mean we can't support both as individuals and this is what this thread should become. 

I'm incredibly thankful to NGM and HJY, they gave me a years worth of entertainment and even more of a shipping fantasy. Most of all we got to know them a little better and for some of us we found one new celebrity we liked and for others they found two new celebrities to support. Without the show and NGM I wouldn't have found the trot minefield that is Jin Young, I would still have had a negative impression of her and well most importantly I wouldn't have found out that she was a wonderful singer. So I'm forever thankful for their participation in the show and giving us some time to be completely delusional, of course I should also thank NGM for pulling us out of the depths of delusion. 

So let's wish NGM and HJY indivual success in their careers and hope they find that one person who will stick by their sides.

Guest Laethys

@mrukki I completely share your sentiments. I hope this thread can remain as a place where we can support them as individuals.

I, for one, was not familiar with HJY or NGM before I watched the show. I am glad that they provided us with something to entertain us. I watched NGM's latest drama Sensory Couple/TGWSS and will continue to watch his future projects, as well as anything HJY does. From WGM they both showed sides to them that I found endearing and I truly wish them all the best.

The one things important after all news comes out yesterday is "Min Oeraboni contact Jinyoung Eonni in the first time after WGM" , although they lost contact before. he's considerate one, n she's is understandable one. They are the truly of them that we notice it while WGM time. He's intention to keep their relationship as oppa-dongsaeng, n i happy to heard that, but we cant handle the other hardcord fans that keep give pressure to them like we expected it before, n it give bad impact to their future friendship. 

BUT AFTER ALL "Min Oeraboni contact her in the first time after the news come out to ask it's ok to her if he did interviewed , n eonni respon to him that she's ok n do interviewed easily" , prove that "THEY SUPPORT EACH OTHERS"

IF THEY'RE STILL SUPPORT EACH OTHERS IN THEIR WAYS, SO WHY NOT WE SUPPORT THEM IN SEPARATE WAYS ??????  IT"S MY DECISSION N MY CHOICE !!!!!! 

How about u guys????  it's all off to u ....  :)

Archived