|2014 WGM S4 COUPLE| NAM GOONG MIN ∞ HONG JIN YOUNG

happymemories09

Ugh.... what are you thinking, NGM?! Stop commenting on her IG posts! Don't you want people to stop linking you 2?! Let public interest die already!

​And if JY doesn't like or comment his IG post, people will think she's the one who avoids his friendship, if she likes and comments his IG posts, people will keep linking them and he doesn't want that, right? Doesn't that mean he put pressure on her? :(

​Hopefully JY is not the type who can be easily pressured. My concern is that if she doesn't share the same feeling as NGM and still likes him more (like she claimed before) then the friendship will not be good for her. 

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh.... what are you thinking, NGM?! Stop commenting on her IG posts! Don't you want people to stop linking you 2?! Let public interest die already!

​And if JY doesn't like or comment his IG post, people will think she's the one who avoids his friendship, if she likes and comments his IG posts, people will keep linking them and he doesn't want that, right? Doesn't that mean he put pressure on her? :(

​Exactly! He's forcing her hand to react to him in public. What a mess!

And if I have to guess why she posted that pic with guys, that's exactly what ANY GIRL would do after 1 man publicly declares he is not interested in her. If I were her, my ego would take a bruising, so posting a pic with other guys shows that 1 guy that there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Thank you NGM, for freeing HJY from the chains of your "union". Now she can be friends with whomever she likes and post them on IG, like you have been doing with your other female friends.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and felt the urge to vent after what happened the last few days...

I've become a pretty obsessed fan of this couple after watching WGM just a few weeks ago. I was watching the reruns over and over again, and reading all of the soompi posts and following their IG.  The show just made me feel really good!  It was like taking a happy drug every time I saw these two people with such great chemistry hang out together and grow as a couple.  And then came that article last week and wow, my world just came crashing down.  It's so sad.   My first reaction after reading it was "Nam Goong Min, I hate you!!  You are such a deceiving, cunning little liar!!". And then the next reaction was "why NGM.. why do you have to say such hurtful things to Jinyoung???  Why??? Was that all a lie??  Do they hate each other now?  Was it all just an act??  But that's not what he said back in that episode..."

Based on watching their interactions on the show, and after watching each episode at least 5-6 times, I truly believe that there was definitely something there during the filming.. even if it's just a little bit.  Especially when she suddenly looked really good around December 2014/January 2015, his attitude towards her seemed to have changed.  He was complimenting her and looking at her a lot more than before.  However, I did feel that he was cautious and didn't want to "lead her on".  Like in Macau, in the limo heading to the fireworks, it almost felt like he was really uncomfortable, and wanted to hint for her to stop doing all of the touchy feeling stuff. 

My theory is as follows (sorry if it's far fetched but it's just what I'm guessing):

1) I think Jinyoung is the one who is not into him.  She keeps flirting with him but probably when the camera stops, she is the one who doesn't really keep in contact.  Remember how awkward and shocked she was when he showed up at her birthday party?  And the time when he surprisingly came to the studio to watch the movie they shot in jeju island?  If she really liked him, she would've looked more happy, but she looked awkward somehow..She was barely able to hug him when he showed up.  Personally I think she can do better than him..  This is not the first time he has hurt her feelings (Radio star when he said he doesn't like her look, and how he repeatedly criticizes her acting skills, and telling her her waist is straight from overeating before watching Notting Hill).  It's a big no no for guys to say those things...

2) I'm guessing NGM probably misses her more than he thinks he does.  In between dramas, he probably has a lot of downtime.  Him writing on her IG is likely damage control as you said.  But I truly feel he does want to keep in contact with her.  How can a guy not miss all that skinship from such a charming lady?  Unless she is really a witch off camera, there is no way he is not into her...

I thought all jump ship and sank it already, but we have new lol minions, NGMsi is playing with our hearts.

their views are actually very detailed, so I really like this boat will sink ever yeahh !!!:phew::P

if I'm not indicated but welcome to the best of the threads GOONGJIN !!!, we are here as a family that cares about others and goongjin lol: 33 :D

the truth I have no idea what's going on right now, I'm totally confused but at least feel there is a glimmer of hope (I want to believe)
ahhhh nose if you feel good or bad ??? I'm crazy:w00t:

Guest myshipper

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and felt the urge to vent after what happened the last few days...

I've become a pretty obsessed fan of this couple after watching WGM just a few weeks ago. I was watching the reruns over and over again, and reading all of the soompi posts and following their IG.  The show just made me feel really good!  It was like taking a happy drug every time I saw these two people with such great chemistry hang out together and grow as a couple.  And then came that article last week and wow, my world just came crashing down.  It's so sad.   My first reaction after reading it was "Nam Goong Min, I hate you!!  You are such a deceiving, cunning little liar!!". And then the next reaction was "why NGM.. why do you have to say such hurtful things to Jinyoung???  Why??? Was that all a lie??  Do they hate each other now?  Was it all just an act??  But that's not what he said back in that episode..."

Based on watching their interactions on the show, and after watching each episode at least 5-6 times, I truly believe that there was definitely something there during the filming.. even if it's just a little bit.  Especially when she suddenly looked really good around December 2014/January 2015, his attitude towards her seemed to have changed.  He was complimenting her and looking at her a lot more than before.  However, I did feel that he was cautious and didn't want to "lead her on".  Like in Macau, in the limo heading to the fireworks, it almost felt like he was really uncomfortable, and wanted to hint for her to stop doing all of the touchy feeling stuff. 

My theory is as follows (sorry if it's far fetched but it's just what I'm guessing):

1) I think Jinyoung is the one who is not into him.  She keeps flirting with him but probably when the camera stops, she is the one who doesn't really keep in contact.  Remember how awkward and shocked she was when he showed up at her birthday party?  And the time when he surprisingly came to the studio to watch the movie they shot in jeju island?  If she really liked him, she would've looked more happy, but she looked awkward somehow..She was barely able to hug him when he showed up.  Personally I think she can do better than him..  This is not the first time he has hurt her feelings (Radio star when he said he doesn't like her look, and how he repeatedly criticizes her acting skills, and telling her her waist is straight from overeating before watching Notting Hill).  It's a big no no for guys to say those things...

2) I'm guessing NGM probably misses her more than he thinks he does.  In between dramas, he probably has a lot of downtime.  Him writing on her IG is likely damage control as you said.  But I truly feel he does want to keep in contact with her.  How can a guy not miss all that skinship from such a charming lady?  Unless she is really a witch off camera, there is no way he is not into her..

You probably don't remember that HJY texted him at midnight/dawn. NGM himself said it before they made mandoo. He even told her that he'll text her til she can't sleep. She left a comment on his IG when he uploaded the screenshot of his brother's name on his cellphone. I think among them two, she's the first to comment on his IG, cmiiw. So I guess she has done her part to get in touch with him, privately and publicly.

Guest banana1992

I really wanted to stop coming and posting here the other day, but I think i really need to post something today probably for the last time.

can someone please tell me, when did NGM said he says he want to cut the contact with her completely? because as far as i know, he NEVER said that. he only said he never contact her since wgm last filming and he had no intention to date her for real. I don't think he EVER said he doesn't want to contact her ever again.

and he never NEVER said he doesn't want to continue the relationship, he just want people to stop linking him with her ROMANTICALLY. he clearly said he WANTS to continue the relationship as BROTHER and SISTER, but he can't because he ALWAYS got pressure from couple fans to MARRY or PUBLICLY DATE her instead. but now that he clearly draw the line to fans that they're NOT romantically involved, he can do it comfortably since no one would pressure him to marry or date her even when he's liking her posts. I honestly don't have any idea why it is such a big deal. why would he needs to make another "clarification" just because he's liking her picture? especially after he already drew the line THAT clear that he's just want the relationship as brother-sister with her. I don't think most fans are also that stupid to think that he's interested in her just because he likes her posts. do fans think there's something between him and Wang JiWon or Shin SeKyung Just because he often liked their posts? no. because they already know there's nothing between them.

i don't think it's fair that we only blame NGM for the lost contact between them. She never contact him either (but I don't blame her because I know she's so busy). so why is it only his fault that they're not in contact? 

Oh, and remember when is NGM's birthday? right, March 12th. after wgm ended. did she even say happy birthday to him? 

and believe me, HJY IS NOT hurt at all. she's a pro in variety shows world, she knows EXACTLY that everything is for the show purpose. she said it herself that she likes to work hard and being professional, so I'm sure everything she does during the show are pure business, too. they got paid, for crying out loud! I'm pretty sure she's NOT in love him too. 

maybe his statement sounded like he's rejecting him, but believe me, I think no one was being rejected here. I'm pretty sure she doesn't like him that much that she feels like being rejected. he doesn't love her, so what? she doesn't love him either. 

and oh, she post a picture with men, because she feels like being rejected? please. this is not the first one she post picture with men. she does it few times before. even when she's in wgm. she posted a picture with RM cast members when she's till in wgm. not that i think it's wrong. it's not wrong, she can do whatever she likes. she often likes her male friends' post too. it's not just NGM who likes the opposite sex friends' ig. So it's okay for her to Likes his male friends', but it's not okay for him to Likes his female friends' ig?  there's nothing wrong with liking opposite friends' ig, why make it sounds like he's betraying her? 

the point is, don't worry too much. I'm sure she's fine, and I'm sure she has moved on already since a long time ago. and good for him if he also has moved on. their moment on wgm end, and if they want to move on, let them be. even REAL couple who broke up/divorce after being together for years are moving on. why can't FAKE couple, who only met once or twice a month, do the same? I wish them happiness with their REAL lovers one day if they have one. we never know what life bring, and if there's a miracle that they're together, then I will still wish them well. whatever it is i wish them well.

I will wish you guys all the best too. nice to know you guys during my almost 10 months here.

2) I'm guessing NGM probably misses her more than he thinks he does.  In between dramas, he probably has a lot of downtime.  Him writing on her IG is likely damage control as you said.  But I truly feel he does want to keep in contact with her.  How can a guy not miss all that skinship from such a charming lady?  Unless she is really a witch off camera, there is no way he is not into her..

You probably don't remember that HJY texted him at midnight/dawn. NGM himself said it before they made mandoo. He even told her that he'll text her til she can't sleep. She left a comment on his IG when he uploaded the screenshot of his brother's name on his cellphone. I think among them two, she's the first to comment on his IG, cmiiw. So I guess she has done her part to get in touch with him, privately and publicly.

​I sincerely doubt that she doesn't keep in contact with him. Based on her personality, she is VERY sociable. She adds people she works with on IG, no matter how briefly they have worked together, like Bambam from Got7, and her co-stars in "Baseball and the City". She keeps in touch with people no matter who they are. Have you seen how many fan interactions she has on IG? I remember she even greeted a non-Korean "Happy Birthday" on IG. She is really warm and friendly. If she weren't, even NGM's brother would not dare to keep in touch with her!

NGM, on the other hand, stated that he doesn't even have Yoochun and Shin Sekyung's phone numbers. I don't know him very well, but he seems the kind of person who would be distant from people. He follows more fitness and fashion accounts on IG than actual people. As I said, I don't know him very well since I've never heard of him before WGM. But based on what I can see on SNS, he's very selective when it comes to people he stays in touch with.

After publicly stating that they don't keep in touch, we're left wondering whose decision it was. 

We all know it was a show, and that the goal is to perform as a couple as best you can. But the show also works on the "reality tv" premise, so people assume that people on the show try to be as natural as possible. After this "confession", fans are naturally outraged to know the outcome of the program.  People are left wondering what was REAL and what was FAKE. As a former fan, I have to re-evaluate these 2 people and judge their character all over again. The good thing I guess is that I'm not biased towards either of them because I got to know about them both at the same time. I'm judging them now based on their post-WGM behavior. Of course, I'll move on from this in the future, but right now, I'm still trying to figure out how to feel about these 2. 

And guess what, he left comment to her post and she replied. Cham! These two! Wish someone translate it because i am curious what his comment and her reply is.

any idea what his comment was?

Guest ngmfan

And guess what, he left comment to her post and she replied. Cham! These two! Wish someone translate it because i am curious what his comment and her reply is.

​HJY posted the pictures with all the chefs in the variety cooking program (Please Take Care of My Refrigerator), this was filmed before and broadcasting today. NGM comment: don't know if your refrigerator is clean enough to cook, HJY: Ha...oppa..KeKeKeKeKe, :(

​HJY posted the pictures with all the chefs in the variety cooking program (Please Take Care of My Refrigerator), this was filmed before and broadcasting today. NGM comment: don't know if your refrigerator is clean enough to cook, HJY: Ha...oppa..KKKKK, :(

ok that is a funny comment.. kekekkeke.. not sure what he is doing and why but it makes me laugh a little :lol:

thanks for the update @ngmfan

Guest ngmfan

Hi Chingu, a bomb dropped in June by NGM (I like to say it is likely by the reporters), I still think his interview was twisted by the reporters. At least one positive thing come out of this, they now can comfortably contact each other on INS. Just stay put and chilled. Just like before, all we need to do is watch and see. It is not easy to be an entertainment celebrity, every word/move may be analyzed or twisted or questioned. 

I just finished reading the translated articles. When I was reading the translated articles, it reminded me of how in one specific episode when NGM and HJY were meeting HJY's friends, her friends told NGM that HJY doesn't show her emotions easily and that she hides her emotions well. Because of that, one would need to question her what she is feeling. I think with the interviews and with what NGM is doing on IG, if it was me, I would be a bit confused since on one hand, he's so direct and explicit in saying there is no chance for them to be linked romantically; yet on the other hand, he suddenly comments on one of HJY's photos. In a way, I think she replies back out of courtesy and that she respects him. I think that when WGM ended, NGM himself was confused with what his feelings were towards HJY and if this is true... then I think that since then, he had finalized and gathered his thoughts (despite the way he articulated his thoughts in the interviews wasn't that great). His conclusion may have been that it is best to stay as friends as he didn't want to date her (as there are no romantic sparks between them) and that this was probably the best solution for both of them. And because the fact that they stayed as friends, they don't need to worry about the potential of losing their friendship if they were linked romantically.

Although NGM had phoned HJY to make sure that she is okay, it's hard to tell if she is really okay and that she is 100% fine with the interview (even though she insists she is okay). I think it would be nice if they could actually meet up face to face as old friends who are just catching up with one another (despite their hectic schedule) and communicate what they're feeling directly to one another since we wouldn't know if the reporters who interviewed him twisted any of his words and that this is a a matter that is between the two of them.

At the same time, their outcome reminded me of how Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer were able to stay as good friends for a long time and instead of being linked romantically, staying as good friends helped them out to maintain their connection to each other. Maybe this is a far-fetched idea/comparison but I really hope that in the same way as Julie Andrews and Chirstopher Plummer are able to maintain as good friends (even with a lack of communication), as time passes,  NGM and HJY are able to stay at least friends and catch up with one another once in awhile.

as they say here NGM "the daub" with the interview lol now trying to put a ceasefire, but this derramda and milk, perhaps thought that people would understand but how to understand so many lies, to me it is clear that and no relationship between the two and just try to solve the problem, I just hope this is not too big, I also think that the questions were handled and NGM is naive lol

rebuild my heart with the pieces left and lean on their activities because they're professionals lol XD and whatever happens I will love forever.:wub::wub:

JinYoung is the best. She'll save him from himself. Hahaha maybe he hates that. 

I can just imagine the looks he's going to get from his brother and mother. 

Mom: Is this the thanks she gets for giving you a happy married life?

Bro: My wife hates you..

Hahaha just a joke.

Guest lafer53

As much as we all enjoyed watching them on WGM, I'm surprised some are still trying to read something more into this relationship. It reminds me of the whole Tablo scandal and how it pretty much destroyed his life and his family's life. Even when concrete evidence was presented, those who didn't want to believe it, wouldn't. WGM was a show, NGM and HJY entertained us, who are we to judge how they handle their lives outside of the show? I think NGM wanted to set the record straight and now he's being criticized for it.Yet Kim So Eun did the same thing in the middle of filming and that couple stayed on the show and continued to act like a married couple.

It has to be extremely hard living as an actor or idol in Korea and dealing with netizens. We have no idea what went on behind the scenes with WGM. Maybe they started getting on each others' nerves. Maybe they couldn't overcome the differences in expectations of a partner. Maybe HJY was the one who told the producer to end it because people were expecting kisses and she didn't want to give them! It's certainly possible to be all fun and games with someone but not really be physically attracted to them. We will never know. 

To give you an idea of how much we DON'T see, just watch some of this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8yBMtsK9ec  It's amazing anyone can act natural with all those people around. In this case, NGM is already an actor, HJY is a person full of aegyo and very touchy feely with everyone, so they did a good job. They certainly had us fooled! Or did we just want to be fooled so much that we only saw what we wanted to see?

It's fun to ship but time for this one to set sail. I, like Banana 1992 above, am claiming this as my final voyage.

As much as we all enjoyed watching them on WGM, I'm surprised some are still trying to read something more into this relationship. It reminds me of the whole Tablo scandal and how it pretty much destroyed his life and his family's life. Even when concrete evidence was presented, those who didn't want to believe it, wouldn't. WGM was a show, NGM and HJY entertained us, who are we to judge how they handle their lives outside of the show? I think NGM wanted to set the record straight and now he's being criticized for it.Yet Kim So Eun did the same thing in the middle of filming and that couple stayed on the show and continued to act like a married couple.

It has to be extremely hard living as an actor or idol in Korea and dealing with netizens. We have no idea what went on behind the scenes with WGM. Maybe they started getting on each others' nerves. Maybe they couldn't overcome the differences in expectations of a partner. Maybe HJY was the one who told the producer to end it because people were expecting kisses and she didn't want to give them! It's certainly possible to be all fun and games with someone but not really be physically attracted to them. We will never know. 

To give you an idea of how much we DON'T see, just watch some of this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8yBMtsK9ec  It's amazing anyone can act natural with all those people around. In this case, NGM is already an actor, HJY is a person full of aegyo and very touchy feely with everyone, so they did a good job. They certainly had us fooled! Or did we just want to be fooled so much that we only saw what we wanted to see?

It's fun to ship but time for this one to set sail. I, like Banana 1992 above, am claiming this as my final voyage.

​Isn't this natural though? We're human and humans are infinitely interested in other people. Hong Jinyoung and Namgoong Min are not fictional characters; they're REAL PEOPLE. Is it normal to stop caring about people you loved for so long? You don't shut out your emotions about characters you love even when their story ends. What more when we're talking about living breathing people we see everyday?

Archived