|2014 WGM S4 COUPLE| NAM GOONG MIN ∞ HONG JIN YOUNG

happymemories09

And in Macau, he had to explain why he could kiss. Because he didn't want to be fake and kiss. He at least wanted to feel like he did like her. See if he was just acting, he could have kissed every episode. He could have been the kissing bandit. lol  Because on a drama, he could kiss a guy and not bat an eye if that is what the part called for. (don't think we will see that tho :phew: ) Yep any call for kisses and he would do it no problem. But he couldn't do that in WGM. He dropped his "kiss" that he had written in as something to do in the first episode.

So what does it all mean?  I don't know. Just that he was genuinely acting as a husband to her. Tried to adapt to her as a person. Had his buttons pushed numerous times. Was that fake? I don't think so.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest myshipper

Here's the translated article by @thesuitelife547

https://minyoungcouple.wordpress.com/2015/06/05/namgoong-min-no-contact-with-wgm-couple-hong-jinyoung-seems-to-be-living-well-article-trans/

It sounds softer than the translation in netizenbuzz, allkpop, and soompi, but the two main points are still the same: they don't contact each other and there's no possibility of dating. So I think, no matter how the wordings from reporters are the two main points are still the same. They don't keep in touch means they're not even friends because for me, friends will keep contact at least in private, like what he did with his co-drama-actors. Not to mention that it's not even half a year since their stint ended. To my surprised, the reporter only asked him about his plans of a relationship, not his relationship with HJY, why should he mention her name there? If I were her, I would feel as if I was being publicly rejected even though I did nothing. It also put her in such a bad situation. My friend said this when I told her about it, "Is she that bad that he said no chance with her?" I'm really sorry for him saying that in public. Making such a strong statement in public is just not nice for me when he could always give a nice statement like he did in the drama presscon.

I also noticed that he used Jinyoung-ssi in the first interview. To show that they're not as close as before? In the second interview, he suddenly used Jinyoung-ie. To show that they're close now?

https://minyoungcouple.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/namgoong-min-contacting-hong-jinyoung-again-asking-how-she-is-after-a-long-time-article-trans/

If he thought what he said in the first interview was misinterpreted or misunderstood, he could clarify it in the second interview. But he didn't.

Oh it's getting long. I'm sorry minions.

Guest iheartwookie

After I read the article that @myshipper shared, lots of questions run through my mind. Why he became like that to HJY? Is all the sweetness that they did in WGM are just an act, that after their filming, thats it, end of the show, til nxt filming again. Is it means that after an almost a year of filming, they didn't became friends or no closeness has been developed because they don't even have a simple txt of hi and hello? So it means no emotional attachment has been developed on these two,and he didn't see HJY as a woman (girlfriend/wife) in real life?  And when NGM said that he think HJY is living well is that because HJY schedule is full pack and she don't even contact him? Is he waiting her to contact him first because he is a shy type of person? But he is the man, if he really want to be friend to HJY, he will do the first move. I am getting crazy because of this. :sweatingbullets: 

After I read the article that @myshipper shared, lots of questions run through my mind. Why he became like that to HJY? Is all the sweetness that they did in WGM are just an act, that after their filming, thats it, end of the show, til nxt filming again. Is it means that after an almost a year of filming, they didn't became friends or no closeness has been developed because they don't even have a simple txt of hi and hello? So it means no emotional attachment has been developed on these two,mand he didn't see HJY as a woman (girlfriend/wife) in real life?  And when NGM said that he think HJY is living well is that because HJY schedule is full pack and she don't even contact him? Is he is waiting her to contact him first because he is a shy type of person? But he is the man, if he really want to be friend to HJY, he will do the first move. I am getting crazy because of this. :sweatingbullets: 

​He did tell her if he wanted to go with a girl and she had a boyfriend, it wouldn't matter. He would still try to get her to go out with him. So is this him the alpha male? I don't think he's had to deal with this kind of situation before, hence his abrupt statements. 

He's not pursuing as far as we know. She's tried with mirroring her pictures with the things he does, so that is all on her side. It seems she's just trying to keep the illusion going after the show. (or was she trying to keep in touch with him in hopes of something later?)  If he's a secret dater, then her posting would have given her away right? 

He only has two feet to stick in his mouth so probably after this, he won't talk about it again.

No one has asked her yet, I wonder why?

Hong Jin Young-ssi, Hong Jin Young-ssi, Hong Jin Young-ssi, waahhhh :blink:

this is good or bad ??? lol sometimes I confuse the ways in which Koreans call, this makes closer or more distant ?? lol:lol:

NGM not understand at all, I wanted with this, let me tell destroy morally because he got it lol ok not. and now I see that you responded with a comment on their GI, hmm should be like an apology to his grave error, because not only was handicapped, but also to HJY.

WGM perhaps enemies are on the lookout for everything bad that can be displayed and then the GOONGJIN were perfection and now play to them.:blink:

I think it could've been the fact that many people had wanted them to get together that they sort of grew distant from one another in case rumors started surfacing after their stint. 

But there is also the fact that reporters do take things out of context. I saw some different statements with some different words than what were in some other ones, so I think it all depends on what article you look at and what source you trust. 

In another article that I found it said that Namgoong Min said, "Throughout the year (that they did the show) we matched each other well and were able to have a comfortable relationship. Because of the burden that came with people saying 'It would be good if those two dated,' it seems like we each weren't able to contact one another." So it seems like the the burden of them being together may have also had a part in them not contacting one another. Maybe they thought that they would disappoint people? 

EDIT: And I will be working on that other article that was posted :)

Kimdongryul - Thanks 

Yook sungjae (BtoB) - Thanks 

김동률 -  감사  (Kim Dong Ryul - Thanks)

nunbusin haes-sal-i oneuldo naleul gamssamyeon  눈부신 햇살이 오늘도 나를 감싸면
sal-aiss-eum-eul geudaeege nan gamsahaeyo    살아있음을 그대에게 난 감사해요 
bujoghan nae ma-eum-i nuguege him-i doel jul-eun  부족한 내 마음이 누구에게 힘이 될 줄은 
geugeosman-eulo geudaeege nan gamsahaeyo  그것만으로 그대에게 난 감사해요 
geu nuguegedo nae salam-ilan ge  그 누구에게도 내 사람이란 게 
bukkeuleobji anhge nal salanghalgeyo  부끄럽지 않게 날 사랑할게요 
dan hansungan-edo naui salam-ilan geol   단 한순간에도 나의 사람이란 걸 
huhoehaji anhdolog geudael salanghalgeyo  후회하지 않도록 그댈 사랑할게요 
ijeya na taeeonan geu iyuleul al geosman gat-ayo   이제야 나 태어난 그 이유를 알 것만 같아요 
geudaeleul manna jugdolog salanghaneun ge   그대를 만나 죽도록 사랑하는 게 
nugunga jusin naui haengbog-ijyo  누군가 주신 나의 행복이죠 
geu eodieseodo naui salam-ingeol   그 어디에서도 나의 사람인걸 
ij-eul su eobsdolog neul hamkke halgeyo   잊을 수 없도록 늘 함께 할게요 
dan hansungan-edo naui salang-ilan geol  단 한순간에도 나의 사랑이란 걸 
apahaji anhdolog geudael salanghalgeyo  아파하지 않도록 그댈 사랑할게요 
ijeya na taeeonan geu iyuleul al geosman gat-ayo   이제야 나 태어난 그 이유를 알 것만 같아요 
geudaeleul manna jugdolog salanghaneun ge   그대를 만나 죽도록 사랑하는 게 
nugunga jusin nae salm-ui iyulamyeon  누군가 주신 내 삶의 이유라면 
deo isang na-egen geu mueosdo balalge eobs-eoyo  더 이상 나에겐 그 무엇도 바랄게 없어요 
jigeumcheoleomman seololeul salanghaneun ge   지금처럼만 서로를 사랑하는 게 
nugunga jusin naui haengbog-ijyo  누군가 주신 나의 행복이죠

Google translate :

The sunshine today gamssamyeon me.
I'm grateful to you alive.
This line will be insufficient power to whom my heart.
I'm grateful to you by itself.
That anyone who is within you.
I'll love me not be ashamed.
However, even at one point my man is right.
Do not regret I will love you.
I just finally know why I was born.
Meet you love it to death.
Someone who's my happiness.
That's where my ingeol in person.
So forget I'll always be together.
However, even at one point my love is you.
Do not hurt I'll love you.
I just finally know why I was born.
Meet you love it to death.
If the reason of my life, someone who.
Nothing more for me not to want.
Only now, as you love each other.
Someone who's my happiness.

thank you so much @‌thesuitelife547 for translating the articles.... as what you all have mentioned, alot of little nuances may have been mis-interpreted of the text articles and from the 2 interviews..and also the reasons as to why he said certain things...we really will never know..if the pressure had indeed placed a burden on them and even prevent them from having an 'oppa-dongsaeng' friendship...then i hope that with this announcement, others can allow them the breathing space - to have that comfortable relationship that they hope for...whatever comes out from there then...it has to be their choice... 

This turn of event in the past few days got my head spinning (again, and as always). My first thought was wow, this is Kim WonJoon and Park SoHyun all over again.  I honestly don’t get what they meant by “pressure or burdensome” (maybe this is cultural belief where you are at the point of no return when you commit to someone?). If that many people encourage them to date, I think they should give it a try. If it doesn’t work, they can hold their heads high and say at least we tried. Then people will leave them alone.

Based on personality and statements in the past, I belief although NGM is  introvert, he is also strong minded person who will go after what he wants. If he wants her, he’ll go after her no matter what; even if she has someone in her life. If he doesn’t, then this happens. He could be having someone already in mind and would like to cut tie so that he can date freely. He said he wanted to date when ever.

Other possibility, he likes her but knows that he could not ever match her. In a way, he wanted a wife or GF who is quieter and demure in personality (as he always said) and not in public eyes especially with men’s lurking around. Not mention he may feel not good enough for her and he thinks he may cause harm with her carrier. So, cut the tie before more damage is done in the future. Nonetheless he has chosen his path and in the process he put his two feet in his mouth and he knows it. I belief he is genuinely care for her being and wanted the best for her (just not him).

As for JY (she is the hard one to read for me),... I feel bad for her I can’t even describe it. Sometimes, it best to be loved and adored more by a man, and there are plenty of those men out there who will be lucky to have her. The question is that can…. or will she open her heart to let others in? He was her first of almost many things...

I still can't get over how he said he would never date her. If you were a man who was linked to a woman you are not interested in but you consider a "friend", would you publicly diss her that way? And to make it worse, proclaim that you had zero contact? It seems to me such an insensitive thing to do to a person who has always said positive things about you. She was kind to him and his family, and good for his career. In return, he wants to get rid of her from his life. He's an expert actor, right? Can't he just keep acting that he can toleratw the idea of them together? Jinyoung just smiles and laughs when fans chant NGM's name in her concerts. When hosts ask her abt NGM, she never gives a bad impression of him. If she were as honest as he was, maybe she would have implied he was too old, too boring, blah blah. Or simply not her type. She didn't and that's why I'm disappointed in him for not treating her with the same consideration.

Newsflash NGM! Popular tv/movie pairings NEVER shed the image of themselves together! As long as people remember them as a pair, one party will always be asked regarding the other. Until either of them are married/dating, people will link them together. 

There is also the couples that went on the army episode. They said they were always talking and laughing. It is rather sad that it has come to this. I still think he had good intentions, but he doesn't know how to be diplomatic when he feels the necessity to be truthful.

Guest iheartwookie

My heart aches so much because of this...  If I were the brother of NGM, I might scolded him because of this insensible statement that  he had released. :( But what we can do, that is his personality, honest but didn't know how to say those words in a nice way.  He should also be thankful to HJY, because if not her as his partner in WGM, his WGM experience will be not fun and memorable. HJY carry the show/ their relationship, may be because she is an love expert and knows the variety world well.

My heart aches so much because of this...  If I were the brother of NGM, I might scolded him because of this insensible statement that  he had released. :(

​I don't think he can. He is younger. However, omma can, she can even smack him on the back of his head.....:tears:

P.S. What's with the emoticons? Why so little choices of them? 

Guest iheartwookie

My heart aches so much because of this...  If I were the brother of NGM, I might scolded him because of this insensible statement that  he had released. :(

​I don't think he can. He is younger. However, oma can, she can even smack him on the back of his head.....:tears:

P.S. What's with the emoticons? Why so little choice of them? 

Yes maybe he cannot scolded NGM because that will be disrespectful but he could give an advice to his older brother since he more experienced when it comes to handling relationship to a woman.

i don't know why there are only few emoticons. I am still confused using the new format of this forum. :-))

lol lol he was about to publish something similar, but instead of NGM's mother, I could become as in other occasions in version omma NGM and pull him by the ears hurt so many people who love him lol

do not know why but this type of interview is very rare, because usually is always the same response from participants after WGM, but never imagined I hear them by NGM, auchhh is painful.

NGM omma this annoying !!!:angry::P

Guest iheartwookie

HJY updated her IG. She posted a pic where she is with lots of boys. :D In back of my mind the reason why she posted that kind of photo is to let NGM die in Jelousy. :D:D:D

Guest iheartwookie

And guess what, he left comment to her post and she replied. Cham! These two! Wish someone translate it because i am curious what his comment and her reply is.

Ugh.... what are you thinking, NGM?! Stop commenting on her IG posts! Don't you want people to stop linking you 2?! Let public interest die already!

​Some wanting to know why is he sucking up now after the statements? Guess more out there view him not sincere and just doing damage control.

Guest myshipper

Ugh.... what are you thinking, NGM?! Stop commenting on her IG posts! Don't you want people to stop linking you 2?! Let public interest die already!

​And if JY doesn't like or comment his IG post, people will think she's the one who avoids his friendship, if she likes and comments his IG posts, people will keep linking them and he doesn't want that, right? Doesn't that mean he put pressure on her? :(

Archived