|2014 WGM S4 COUPLE| NAM GOONG MIN ∞ HONG JIN YOUNG

happymemories09

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zimzee19

WELCOME BACK TO ME~!

I haven't been online because of work(which is ironic,because I work with the computer all the time) then I go online and find this article posted about NGM saying that there is no possibility of him and JY to be together. Two things popped into my head. 

ONE. That son of a A-word how dare you say that now.

TWO. YES! JINYOUNG IS MINE TO KEEP!

of course the latter remained. ;)

BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, I think we all know that this is a possibility, that we know that everything is just a show to amaze us and make us believe. To make us forget our worries and it did. As fans of WGM, hopeless romantics like us, we should or we have learned that somethings are just not meant to be and all shows has to end. And this is the end of their path together and our path as shippers for GOONGJIN, at least for now. Okay, I know most of you are gonna say that "hey its not the end of our ship" etc etc. That is not what I meant. What I mean is that, I think we should stop putting the strain on them and start cheering on them separately and stop analyzing each and every thing they do and linking it back to each other. But I must admit, my heart broke a little bit when I heard the news, and the only thing that kept me through the day was, that I was telling myself that the only reason NGM wouldn't want to date JY is because he was gay. LOL! BUT OF COURSE HE IS NOT! I just had to think that way to accept the fact that he would not want to date the perfect woman like JY!

hello minions !!! Still shocked with NGM interview. if I had in front of him oppa say it was not necessary to go to such extremes, it is true that the fans are sometimes annoying, but most of their fans are mature people, even fans might be already married, so must have had more contact in its response.

not because it's always the same response from participants wgm, and just after this, will they also stipulated in the contract lol jejejejeje

Now I feel the most idiotic world lol, hahaha I thought the whole show me from the beginning when both said they "did not like people pretending" to even this well in your profile wikidrama, but good and step, now do not know how to defend even if the end was going to be this way, better not have done so well lol thing.

ahhh why I like lechugos and sunhee, they never pretended to be more than they could be.

but still I will continue being a fan of both, who knows life takes many turns jejejeje

FIGHTING GOONGJIN thread !!!!

For those that watched Smelly Girl, they are having a contest sponsored by Asia something to win cards. All you need to do is a screenshot of your favorite scene. So far only one picture of NGM has been entered.

It's on this page of the forum

For those that watched Smelly Girl, they are having a contest sponsored by Asia something to win cards. All you need to do is a screenshot of your favorite scene. So far only one picture of NGM has been entered.

It's on this page of the forum

​I am totally lost in this new place, I don't even know how to post an image...$#!$##%^$^

Can anyone understand what is goin on now? I thought the purpose of the interview was to cut his connection with Jinyoung, to make people stop associating them all the time. But after rekindling their IG interaction, he is reviving the false hope he killed in his interview. Mixed messages much?

@angeldemon617 ~ have been thinking over your question. like @rosa123 said, why go to such extremes and yes, his interview makes it sound like their entire stint was one long fake acting gig. so my first reaction on reading that he rekindled their IG interaction was the same as yours -- it is a publicity stunt to make the fires less and make it seem more okay....

but after a lot of thought, am willing to consider a more positive one (still not discarding my other cynical one though) that maybe he just wants to be friends with her without the baggage of fans expectations.

have you ever had a personal experience where folks are "shipping" you with someone and it becomes so burdensome?

when I was in school, a close guy friend started avoiding me abruptly when folks started teasing him about me. at the time, I felt really hurt that he was avoiding me because I thought "what is the big deal and who cares what they think?".. then a semester later, he got a girlfriend and he felt comfortable enough to try and restart a friendship except I wasn't interested and would answer all his attempts at a conversation with a polite one word answer like "nice" or "good" and just walk away.... I didn't understand his position till something similar happened to me years later. folks started shipping me with a colleague and kept saying that we should date etc. initially it was amusing but then the more it went on, it became burdensome and made me depressed that I was single and thats why all these people are hounding me. it wasn't like this guy was a bad person or ugly or anything like that -- I wasn't interested and I didn't want folks telling me constantly that we made a great pair. so I just was professional and did not even want to be friends though it would have been fun because he was an interesting guy. 

thinking from that perspective, maybe he felt the same way too? where he got so sick of all the questions that he felt that he cant even have a oppa/donseng friendship with her without people blowing it out of proportion... so now that he has effectively squashed all the questions with his definitive negative answer, maybe he feels that he can now have a friendship openly with her without people thinking all sorts of things....

cute rabbit 2 029

@Lmangla Still seems strange to me. I get what you're saying, but for me, friendship is something that should come naturally to 2 people who have had a lot to do with each other's success. Take Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara for example. He's married but I'm sure he deals with fans "shipping" him with her often. That doesn't stop him from making dramas with her. Why? Bec they have a good relationship.They're genuinely close. 

I have an issue with him making their "friendship" public now, when he wasn't eager to be friends with her before. He was always hanging out with his former co-stars and took pictures together with them. Why couldn't he do the same with Jinyoung? If he really thought of her as a friend, he would have treated her no differently from Kim Soyeon, and other female co-stars. Since he didn't even say they were friends in his interview, I'm confused as to what he really thinks of her. Being publicly nice to someone you were privately ignoring is making me wonder what his motives are. 

Since I'm still obsessed with the Hunger Games, I hope NGM would have a Katniss-like revelation about his partner, that he is the only one who didn't know that he loves her bec he is fighting it so hard.

But then again, NGM would probably hate my speculation bec he already stated indirectly to stop shipping them.

Which leads me back to square one. Why is he leaving cute comments on her IG again? A neutral comment would be about the picture or the background. A flirty comment would be about her appearance. He's telling people he'll never date her, but he really likes her smile. Tell me how I should feel abt that.

Guest iheartwookie

Yes, it is confusing.. I don't know if during his interview, is he in his right mind to say those words that cause us a dissapointment but because we are open minded and we ready ourselves the possibility that this event will happen in the future, we accept the reality and still continuing our support to them.

I just want to read oppas mind...why he came to the point that he chose to distant his self to HJY despite the fact that we all know that their closeness is in next level. In my observation, compare to his INR3 co-star/friends he is much comfortable to HJY.

Is this what they call Mildang or push and pull? 

Guest iheartwookie

@Lmangla Still seems strange to me. I get what you're saying, but for me, friendship is something that should come naturally to 2 people who have had a lot to do with each other's success. Take Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara for example. He's married but I'm sure he deals with fans "shipping" him with her often. That doesn't stop him from making dramas with her. Why? Bec they have a good relationship.They'reuinely close. 

I have an issue with him making their "friendship" public now, when he wasn't eager to be friends with her before. He was always hanging out with his former co-stars and took pictures together with them. Why couldn't he do the same with Jinyoung? If he really thought of her as a friend, he would have treated her no differently from Kim Soyeon, and other female co-stars. Since he didn't even say they were friends in his interview, I'm confused as to what he really thinks of her. Being publicly nice to someone you were privately ignoring is making me wonder what his motives are. 

Since I'm still obsessed with the Hunger Games, I hope NGM would have a Katniss-like revelation about his partner, that he is the only one who didn't know that he loves her bec he is fighting it so hard.

But then again, NGM would probably hate my speculation bec he already stated indirectly to stop shipping them.

Which leads me back to square one. Why is he leaving cute comments on her IG again? A neutral comment would be about the picture or the background. A flirty comment would be about her appearance. He's telling people he'll never date her, but he really likes her smile. Tell me how I should feel abt that.

@Lmangla Still seems strange to me. I get what you're saying, but for me, friendship is something that should come naturally to 2 people who have had a lot to do with each other's success. Take Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara for example. He's married but I'm sure he deals with fans "shipping" him with her often. That doesn't stop him from making dramas with her. Why? Bec they have a good relationship.They'reuinely close. 

I am still confused using this thread. I am trying to quotes @angeldemon617 comment but it didn't appear because I didn't click the small dialogue box. :D

@iheartwookie Haha that would be extreme mildang!

"I'm not close to you but here, catch something I just spit out"

" You have made me so happy I never want to contact you again."

"I don't want to date you, but your boobs are really nice"

"I don't want people to misunderstand our relationship, but I'm gonna call you and interact with you on SNS and let everyone know abt it."

"I hate pretending, but watch me give an award-winning performance as a guy who likes a girl, fooling the world, including my family."

Guest ngmfan

In the afternoon interview, he said he contacted HJY for the first time because he felt that  his earlier morning interview might have caused some misunderstanding and damage to her. So far all we have read are the text reports. and there are  a few various versions from each reporter. Reporters have a tendency to quote or take out words out of context to make headline news and waves. I feel that NGM felt quite burdened by fans' expectation so he did not contact HJY after WGM wrap up. He wants to make it clear that there is no relationship as a couple with HJY after the wrap up. But he likes to have friendship with HJY but does not want all the attention if he has contacted with her.  He thought it has make it clear and that's why he starts to like HJY INS and commented that he will not miss the "sense" to like her ins from now on. 

Guest iheartwookie

@iheartwookie Haha that would be extreme mildang!

"I'm not close to you but here, catch something I just spit out"

" You have made me so happy I never want to contact you again."

"I don't want to date you, but your boobs are really nice"

"I don't want people to misunderstand our relationship, but I'm gonna call you and interact with you on SNS and let everyone know abt it."

"I hate pretending, but watch me give an award-winning performance as a guy who likes a girl, fooling the world, including my family."

Hahaha! NGM should know how to play mildang in a cute way. Maybe during that interview , he was drunk, because he always posted wines to his IG. Just kiddin'! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Anyways, I will still support him and HJY in every project that they will have.

@iheartwookie He definitely has to learn to be more diplomatic. Be more noncommital and less controversial.

Q: Would you date NGM/HJY in real life?

HJY:  Well, both of us are really busy these days so dating is not really a priority. We still keep in touch, but we don't have much time to date. However, NGM is a kind and handsome man and any girl would be lucky to have him as a boyfriend.

NGM:  No.

In the afternoon interview, he said he contacted HJY for the first time because he felt that  his earlier morning interview might have caused some misunderstanding and damage to her. So far all we have read are the text reports. and there are  a few various versions from each reporter. Reporters have a tendency to quote or take out words out of context to make headline news and waves. I feel that NGM felt quite burdened by fans' expectation so he did not contact HJY after WGM wrap up. He wants to make it clear that there is no relationship as a couple with HJY after the wrap up. But he likes to have friendship with HJY but does not want all the attention if he has contacted with her.  He thought it has make it clear and that's why he starts to like HJY INS and commented that he will not miss the "sense" to like her ins from now on. 

How could he form a friendship with her when he has said himself that they don't contact each other? If the interview wasn't controversial, would he ever feel the need to call her? Probably not. Nothing is stopping him to be friends with her in private, so fans have nothing to do with it. The only person who could misunderstand him in private is Jinyoung. 

Guest iheartwookie

@iheartwookie He definitely has to learn to be more diplomatic. Be more noncommital and less controversial.

Q: Would you date NGM/HJY in real life?

HJY:  Well, both of us are really busy these days so dating is not really a priority. We still keep in touch, but we don't have much time to date. However, NGM is a kind and handsome man and any girl would be lucky to have him as a boyfriend.

NGM:  No.

Hahaha! He should be. 

14mins. Ago NGM liked Wong Ji Won pic. And he even leave a comment.

See, he still have time to hit the like button and it is not hard to hit the like button if you really treasured your friendship to that person. Tsk!

If he hasn't had a serious relationship since his first girlfriend, he is effectively like a teenager in his thinking/actions. And his work habits, hobbies all show that when he is into something, everything else goes away.

So he's a teenage raging hormone monk. I mean that in the nicest way but really, just like he knew nothing about being in a variety show, I think having a sexy full bodied lady threw him off the cliff. Now he is back to being into his comfort zone of work, working out and hanging with his work out buddies. Still being nice but putting his foot in his mouth because he doesn't know how to untangle this very different problem that he's never had before. 

I don't know if anyone else had this feeling but, JinYoung was the smartest in this pairing and he was often clueless. I mean smart in knowing what to do in relationships and with interacting with people. NGM is a recluse from the social scene. Sure JinYoung can spout nonsense with the best of them, but at the bottom of it all, she's the smart one.

So now he thinks that the problem is solved and he can just go back to doing what he normally does.....:phew:

Guest ngmfan

How could he form a friendship with her when he has said himself that they don't contact each other? If the interview wasn't controversial, would he ever feel the need to call her? Probably not. Nothing is stopping him to be friends with her in private, so fans have nothing to do with it. The only person who could misunderstand him in private is Jinyoung. 

​I still believe that NGM has sincere intention to "protect" HJY or clarify the situation. All the lovelines in his dramas ended when it is over. However WGM couples seem to be destined to be linked together on and on even their show has ended. This involves both parties. There maybe a gentle subtle way to handle this but as he is, he just made his points straight out, it goes straight out of his mouth. As he said his gentle/warm character in WGM was edited, the true self of they two maybe not as lovely as we seen on screen. Only they know what is between them two. Neither HJY contacted him all these months. Fans have put too much on their relationship, we should just chill and let them be. They two did put on a very very good show, so real that is why.

Guest ngmfan

I was puzzled by this when I first watched it, how about your take? This was happened when they were making preserved cabbage. When NGM complained how he hated cooking, at 0:48, HJY turned around as to talk to someone at the back and this was not edited out but it was a bit out of the scene?

Archived