Rurouni Kenshin

Guest Aino2000

Guest Aino2000

wandering samurairurouni-kenshin-windows-theme-themesfree

Plot:
The story takes place during the early Meiji period in Japan and follows a former assassin from the Bakumatsu, named Himura Kenshin, who becomes a wanderer to protect the people of Japan. 

Volumes: 28 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=89Published by: VizAnime Episodes: 95 + 3 films*This series has live action film released
free-rurouni-kenshin_684409.jpg

rurouni-kenshin-wallpaper-372.jpg

rurouni-kenshin-wallpaper-295.jpg

I was surprised that no topic has been started on what I thought was the most popular anime at one point? Anyway, I've watched up to episode 8 and stopped there because youtube only has the english dubb after that point. So now I'm wondering, for those of you who've watched the series, is it worth buying the DVD sets? Or are there a numerous amount of filler episodes that will make me very angry for having spent all that money?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest madeinktown

i watched about half of the series. after shishio, they go into a filler arc which ends the series. what i did was watched up to shishio and then watched the OVAs. two of them take place before kenshin becomes a wandering and two are flashbacks which recap the entire series with the real ending.

Guest Take Five

^i did the same thing. i guess just buy the first 2 boxsets and leave the 3rd one if you wanna buy it. make sure you get the prequel OVA too since it's very awesome. i dunno about the OVA that takes place after the series though...still haven't watched that.

Guest philmein

All I have to say is that both OVAs are masterpieces.

Also, the first half of the Kenshin series was simply "the best." :P

Guest hwarang61

I have all the Kenshin manga and the OVAs. I really loved the first OVA, it was very interesting and exciting.

By the way, what is everyone's favorite character?

Mine happens to be Saito Hajime and Seta Sojiro. :)

Guest knockblock

RK was okay. There were certain things about it that annoyed me. I did though find the dub good.

Main character Kenshin is lame and a dork. The way he does things is looking backwards and living in the past. Of the characters I like the only ones are Saitou and Soujiro.

For me, the anime is great. I dunno though if it's worth it to buy all the episodes. I mean, why not just download them? I actually like the manga much better. Even though the drawing is not as good, but the plot and story is defintely amazing.

RK is great! for anime ... watch all the way until you finish the kyoto arc. like when kenshin fights shishio. after that, it just got boring.

for the manga, the ending was great, so i suggest reading the last part as it's the most awesome part to the whole series!! haha .. tomoe's little brother takes revenge! and a peek into the future. a must read! :)

i finished watching all the episodes on youtube...

*thank god for youtube*

anyway i enjoyed it soo much...

it was a great anime~!!!

i love it how they could make kenshin soo clumbsy one min.

then the next he's soo serious....

i loved the episode when he gave the ring to kauro and she thought of it

as an engagement...

it was a filler... but it was funny~

Guest tifachan

I watched this in 8th grade- but only the OVA of him as like, an assassin and stuff. He was really sexy as Battousai. O_O

Guest Aino2000

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to buy because I hate waiting for things to finish downloading. And I also like the idea of "owning" it.

I dunno why I'm so interested in Kenshin all of a sudden. My favorite animes are Sailormoon, Fruits Basket, and pretty much anything that has to do with "magical girls". So it's really weird that after just watching 8 episodes of Kenshin I feel an urge to buy the whole thing. I think Kenshin's really funny when he goes "ORO" and his eyes bulge. And it's cute that Kenshin's super quick with the bad guys but he never dodges any of Kaoru's assaults lol. It's as if he *wants* to be hit by Kaoru.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

Kenshin is awesome!! I loooooved it. It is wonderful... OVAs were the best. The ending was very good. The series was a bit long, but I didn't mind it. Kenshin is so cute, with his oro oro lol

Guest hwarang61

RK was okay. There were certain things about it that annoyed me. I did though find the dub good.

Main character Kenshin is lame and a dork. The way he does things is looking backwards and living in the past. Of the characters I like the only ones are Saitou and Soujiro.

Haha! Sweet, your favorite characters are the same as mine.

Anyways, I loved the OVAs except for the last one. The cartoon series was great but I didn't enjoy the filter episodes. I also wish they had the whole Enishi/Kenshin story for the Cartoon series, that would have been great.

Guest biwweeyy

if i were you i would definitly buy the DVD's cause this was my first anime of all time (excluding flame of recca which was great) and i really really enjoyed it. even through the fillers i thought it was the greatest anime ever.

Guest heyitzthatfc

oh my.. when i watched this, i watched the one where he is all kind goofy and stuff with kouru, and then i watched the OVA where they're married and all serious and at the end they die together.. it was like a tradegy for me! I reccomend people who havent watched this, watch the thing by order! because it will seriously mess with your head if you do it the way i did it lol..

Guest Dah_jOkA

by far one of the greatest animes ever created, The american dubbed version killed the beauty of it, the censorship, the cutting, BLAH!!

The original japanese version with subs are awesome, I've seen all 4 OAVs, all 95 eps from the series and the final 2 "Seihousen" eps including the movie

there will never be another anime quite like this.

"Hiten Mitsuryugi Do Ryu Sen!"

Archived