Kim Sun Ah 김선아

Guest *alodia*

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!!!!

I feel like going to have plastic surgery too....

The different is so big, really can't imagine the before and after is one person..

Guest Da Xing Di

Gong Yu and Sun ah would make such a cooool couple <3

XD

i know!!! i saved all their couple-photos i just found and they are my wallpaper on my computer right now,lol... the chemistry between them seems to be so big and real~ sigh

oh...it's so hard to believe she had surgery... i mean she seems so natural and not that typical-surgery-korean-girl-face...

She looks very natural, and it was amazing for me to find out she looked like that before. As I look at the pictures, I can recognize the similar facial features like her cheek structure, her eyes, and the way she smiles. The features that I see have changed are her eyes (now bigger), nose, and jaw.

Edit: For people who have doubts, compare the shape of the ears from the before and after pictures.

Guest minjung313

i thought it was kinda old news that she had plastic surgery. :blink: Her nose is not very natural looking. But she IS still oozing with talent and i think shes prettier now too. :D

i see similarities in those old pics too but her nose now isn't "perfect" and she's pretty but not extraordinarily so plus if u look at her face closely, she has this scar near her lip. If she spent that much to change her appearance, why not include that glaring imperfection then? the picture above could be somebody who looked like her, or probably a distant relative. perhaps, she's been lumped together with her friend kim jung eun bec. she is known to have undergone cosmetic surgery lots of times. but frankly, sun-ah picks quirky roles in movies that do not really require much beauty so i dont think she's had THAT much done to her face. she's one incredible actress though, perhaps she did that when she was younger to get enough confidence to be casted. let's face it, in showbizness face value is the first one assessed.

Guest KimSamSoon's craziie fan

i see similarities in those old pics too but her nose now isn't "perfect" and she's pretty but not extraordinarily so plus if u look at her face closely, she has this scar near her lip. If she spent that much to change her appearance, why not include that glaring imperfection then? the picture above could be somebody who looked like her, or probably a distant relative. perhaps, she's been lumped together with her friend kim jung eun bec. she is known to have undergone cosmetic surgery lots of times. but frankly, sun-ah picks quirky roles in movies that do not really require much beauty so i dont think she's had THAT much done to her face. she's one incredible actress though, perhaps she did that when she was younger to get enough confidence to be casted. let's face it, in showbizness face value is the first one assessed.

Yeah I agree w/ you, I also saw her scar too. I think she does not fix her face, and that gur in the pix is not Kim Sun Ah. Look carefully you will see that is not her.

Who's got Style?

We pit Korea's No 1 beauty, actress Kim Hee Seon against Lee Young Ae, hailed as the country's Sexiest Woman, in the style stakes

October 18, 2005

KIM HEE SEON, 28 KOREA'S NO.1 BEAUTY

She used to be the Ice Princess of Korea, well known for her hoity-toity behaviour.

But not anymore.

These days, Kim Hee Seon is Miss Congeniality personified.

Gone is her frosty facade and her superstar airs.

The dazzling new Hee Seon is your girl next door, as she jetsets the world to plug her new film, The Myth, together with her co-star, Hong Kong superstar Jackie Chan.

From Toronto to Cannes, China, Hong Kong and her latest stop in Taiwan, she has won over media and fans alike.

The once-rumoured girlfriend of Hong Kong star Leon Lai even cajoled Chinese reporters with all the Mandarin phrases she had learnt from the crew behind The Myth.

No wonder every newspaper and magazine sang her praises.

Perhaps it helped that both Jackie and The Myth's director, Stanley Tong, who once blasted her inaccessibility and sky-high fees, now cannot stop waxing lyrical about her.

Both have lauded her professionalism in delivering the most difficult scenes despite the biting cold - like that much-talked-about scene of her warming Jackie with her bare chest.

Hee Seon herself was also humble to a fault, admitting to reporters that it was not easy to wear the No 1 Beauty crown because she must always be dolled-up wherever she went.

PERFECT MANDARIN

She has made history in Taiwan by becoming the first Korean to be nominated for Best Actress at the upcoming Golden Horse Awards.

When asked if she would be attending the award ceremony, she replied matter-of-factly in perfect Mandarin: 'Of course! Give me (the trophy)!'

The star of mega-budget Korean drama Sad Love Song also spoke candidly about her desire to get hitched and start a family soon, though she refused to comment on her ex-beau, ShinHwa member Eric Mun.

Interestingly, back home in Korea, Hee Seon is still viewed as a 'princess'.

Not that she is complaining - since she calls herself Princess on her personal website too.

LEE YOUNG AE, 34, KOREA'S SEXIEST WOMAN

Lee Young Ae is a goddess whose image reminds one of innocence and fury.

So said the November issue of Esquire magazine, after readers of its Korean edition picked her as Korea's Sexiest Woman in an online poll.

But, it is the devil in her that rears its ugly head in her new film, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance.

She plays a bitter woman who swears revenge after serving 13 years in prison for a crime she did not commit.

This is said to be the most chilling female protagonist in Korean cinema, and Young Ae did such a brilliant job that she won not only rave reviews in Korea, but also received a five-minute standing ovation during the recent Venice Film Festival.

An accomplished actress, she has sustained a 13-year career by keeping a super low profile while constantly taking up new acting challenges.

Apparently, a big part of her appeal is her elusiveness, as she is known to be fiercely protective of her privacy.

But when it comes to acting, the self-professed homebody reportedly can go on about her craft.

Many know her as the resilient protagonist in the mega hit drama, Jewel In The Palace, but Young Ae herself refuses to be typecast.

On her role in Sympathy For Lady Vengeance, she told Chosun Ilbo: 'It was a movie and a part I really wanted to do. Action films are a lot of fun. Now I can understand why male actors love to do action so much.

'The director said I'm ruthless. The men close their eyes when they fire a shot, but I don't even blink once.'

KILLER ROLE

What's next for her? Will she consider piling on the kilos like actress Kim Sun Ah did in the TV ratings champion, My Lovely Samsoon?

'If I can play a killer, you don't think I'll put on weight for a role?' she replied curtly when asked by Chosun Ilbo.

'I know some people think that I'm fake. That's fine. With time, I'm sure people will be able to see for themselves what kind of person I am.'

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance opens here on Thursday.

And the winner is...

THANKS to their new movies, Kim Hee Seon (on the left in each category) and Lee Young Ae have been gracing one red carpet after another recently.

Who gets top marks for style?

Stylist-cum-make-up-artist Kenneth Lee, 35, critiques their fashion sense based on these outfits that they recently sported:

Hanbok

Kim: She looks like a princess in this modernised white hanbok that can pass off as a bridal gown. It's simple, yet sexy. Very refreshing.

Lee: She looks traditional in this hanbok, but haven't we seen enough of her in such costumes in Jewel In The Palace?'

Stylish black

Kim: She's really sexy and feminine here, with her hair all done up. She has a charisma that reminds me of Cherie Chung in her younger days.

Lee: Is this really Lee Young Ae? She looks chubby here, and quite aunty-like! This black dress is not flattering at all, and it adds years to her age.

All feminine

Kim: She looks so sweet and girlish here. But her outfit is a little over-the-top, with the big sleeves and clashing prints.

Lee: She looks good in this dress, very elegant and feminine. The only thing lacking is a more stylish hairdo to go with the outfit.

OVERALL VERDICT:

Hee Seon is the better dresser, said Kenneth who has been in the fashion business for 10 years.

'She is versatile and can carry off so many different looks. But it could also be that she has a better stylist,' he said.

He suggested that Young Ae venture beyond her usual dark and muted outfits and try to surprise with brighter colours.

Source: The Electric New Paper (Singapore)

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,96071,00.html?

Kim Sun Ah is a honest person, that's why I dun think she's fake. Although they said that Kim Hee Sun is pretty and she is the winner, I dun agree. She is pretty but she cannot act (sorry Kim Hee Sun's fan). I think the winner should be Kim Sun Ah: She's funny, friendly, talent, she even gives up her body shape for her role. How many K-actresses have that courage?

Guest Jesw_21

Kim Sun Ah is a honest person, that's why I dun think she's fake. Although they said that Kim Hee Sun is pretty and she is the winner, I dun agree. She is pretty but she cannot act (sorry Kim Hee Sun's fan). I think the winner should be Kim Sun Ah: She's funny, friendly, talent, she even gives up her body shape for her role. How many K-actresses have that courage?

Hi hi KimSamSoon's craziie fan,

i agree with your point of views....I remembered in an article that Jackie Chan was angry and commented that he wont use Korean celebs in his movies again after working with Kim HeeSun in 'MYTH'.......and he said all Korean celebs can't act!!!! what a bad remark! he cant condemn all K-stars just cos of minority bad experience.

firstly sorry to all Kim Hee Sun's fans, but i personally feel that KHS really can't act.....her facial expressions/body languages all seems so stiff.....just a pretty doll...she can't convince me with any of her roles at all,regardless in dramas/movies.

Unlike Kim SunAh who really go all out(doesn't care about her image/figure) and really bring SAMSOON alive in the drama! and also cos of her, I'm sure HyunBin is also influenced and work hard together with SunAh.....

i remembered in a interview that SunAh said she felt ashamed of herself on the set of MNIKSS when she see HyunBin and Ryeo Won keep memorising and going through hard the scripts(cos they have many lines in many scenes) and they memorised by heart and all ready during fliming...and SunAh have to keep going back to the script and go through with Director.....she's amazed by Hyun Bin and Ryeo Won's hardworking attitude..... :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Jessica

Guest swtkaori

I like watching her from Kim Sam Soon!!

She's really a great actress! ^_^

I wonder if she's going to lost the weight she gain while acting for Kim Sam Soon...

I hope to see more of her dramas soon!! ^.^

Unlike Kim SunAh who really go all out(doesn't care about her image/figure) and really bring SAMSOON alive in the drama! and also cos of her, I'm sure HyunBin is also influenced and work hard together with SunAh.....

i remembered in a interview that SunAh said she felt ashamed of herself on the set of MNIKSS when she see HyunBin and Ryeo Won keep memorising and going through hard the scripts(cos they have many lines in many scenes) and they memorised by heart and all ready during fliming...and SunAh have to keep going back to the script and go through with Director.....she's amazed by Hyun Bin and Ryeo Won's hardworking attitude..... :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Jessica

KSA shouldn't be ashamed of herself, and she's so modest~! She put A LOT of effort into bringing Sam Soon to LIFE by gaining extra weight, getting only a few hours of sleep to rush the filming, and acting naturally in front of the camera. She wants PERFECTION by reviewing the script numerous times and by going to the director for suggestions/feedback. She should win awards and receive lots of recognitions for her courage and talent~! KSA, FIGHTING~!!

Guest ellabel

Actually, the last set of before and after pics didnt convince me that the "before"pics are Kim sun ah's. They were just too far from her current face. The only feature in her face that i have doubts is her nose. Anyway, as celebrities, especially in Korea where cosmetic surgeons and clincs are a dime a dozen, it is not unusual for actors to cosmetically enhance themselves if it would add value to their bankability. Pretty actors can be seen anywhere but those who have talents and would last in the business are few and i think KSA is one of those who would stay in the business longer than the rest of her colleagues.

KSA shouldn't be ashamed of herself, and she's so modest~! She put A LOT of effort into bringing Sam Soon to LIFE by gaining extra weight, getting only a few hours of sleep to rush the filming, and acting naturally in front of the camera. She wants PERFECTION by reviewing the script numerous times and by going to the director for suggestions/feedback. She should win awards and receive lots of recognitions for her courage and talent~! KSA, FIGHTING~!!

I think Kim Sun Ah and My Name is Kim Sam Soon's crew gonna win alot of awards this year!

Guest Jesw_21

Kim Suna Reveals Her Slim Figure, “Strips Herself of the Character Samsoon?”

Kim Suna Reveals Her Slim Figure, “Strips Herself of the Character Samsoon?”

Kim Suna, beloved for her role as Samsoon in the drama “My Name is Kim Samsoon” has signed a contract worth ₩700,000,000, as a cosmetics model for DHC Korea for one year.

At her first filming as a cosmetics model, Kim Suna lost her previous plump image from the TV drama “My Name is Kim Samsoon,” and transformed her image into a sophisticated and provocative woman.

Formerly, Kim Suna made the headlines of entertainment news when she put on 7kg for her role as Samsoon in her most recent TV drama. Once the drama ended, she stated “I will return to my slim figure.” Her fans have been waiting in anticipation, and the DHC Korea advertisement highlights Kim Suna’s retake of her slim figure, and more refined than ever. Her transformation from the “Samsooni” image is praised for its success.

Through her cosmetics modeling, Kim Suna is prepared to return to the public with a provocative but familiar, beautiful but comfortable charm. Kim Suna, and not “Samsooni”, will reappear before her fans on TV coming mid November.

This article has been translated from Sports Today.(dated 3rd Nov 2005)

Credits: www.tour2korea.com

cheers!

jessica

Archived