[Drama 2014] ♈♦ Hotel King ♕ 호텔킹 ♦♈

Maetawinz

@maz, hahaha. I was worried when you didn't show up today ;)
About the updates, I am not sure if they will give us anything but I don't think they stop updating for the weekends. I really hope they give us the script reading pictures soon before the poster shooting on 24
About the plot, I have a question. I am surprised they didn't cast anyone for the role of our hero's father. So my wild guess till me, what if actually that vice president is his father because he and his wife seems to be the one who will want to control the hotel and so this will make our hero surely face him. mm, would this be the case really or we are still missing some casting news?

• Replies 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I saw MBC updated their website with news about the drama. Nothing new is added but just good to see MBC updating.
[Hotel King] starring Lee Dong-wook, Lee Da-haeLee Dong-wook & Lee Da-hae meet again as the ‘Best Couple’ starring MBC’s upcoming drama series [Hotel King]▶ Broadcasting from March 29th(Sat) 21:55

Actor Lee Dong-wook and actress Lee Da-hae are the cast for MBC’s upcoming drama series [Hotel King] following after [Golden Rainbow]. They were the fantastic couple cast for the drama [My Girl] eight years ago and here they meet again.
Lee Dong-wook is coming back to MBC after he acted in [bitter Sweet Life] in 2008 and Lee Da-hae is coming back to MBC after her role in [Miss Ripley] in 2011. 
In [Hotel King], Lee Dong-wook is acting ‘Cha Jae-wan’, the general manager of Hotel Ciel. He is a coldblooded character who is called by the name of ‘Hotel Monster’, but he has a past time scar deep in his heart. Lee Da-hae is acting the only daughter of Hotel Ciel’s chairman. She was raised like a princess in a precious palace, but her life encounters difficulties as her father’s hotel management falls into a trouble. Lee Da-hae will show a new aspect of her acting with her new character, a bright heiress. 
MBC’s new drama series [Hotel King] is already in the center of attention with the cast. It will be mainly a love story between an heiress who tries to save her father’s legacy, the one and only seven-star hotel in the nation and a young hotel manager who becomes the enemy to the father in order to protect the heiress. 
[Hotel King] is co-produced by producer Kim Dae-jin who has produced [The Best Day of My Life], [Life is Good], and producer Jang Joon-ho who has produced [Princess Aurora]. The script writer is Jo Eun-jung who has been writing MBC’s hit drama series including [White Lie] and [Feast of Gods]. 
Credit: MBC GLobal Media

apqaria

said:

@maz, hahaha. I was worried when you didn't show up today ;)
About the updates, I am not sure if they will give us anything but I don't think they stop updating for the weekends. I really hope they give us the script reading pictures soon before the poster shooting on 24
About the plot, I have a question. I am surprised they didn't cast anyone for the role of our hero's father. So my wild guess till me, what if actually that vice president is his father because he and his wife seems to be the one who will want to control the hotel and so this will make our hero surely face him. mm, would this be the case really or we are still missing some casting news?

@maz, hehehe good to know. Now I won't worry again on you :D
And yes I know exactly your feeling as this is what I felt when the first news came out but I am trying not to think about it so I don't get sad or less excited about this again. And I keep telling myself that our Dong-Hae must have seen something good in here and I won't judge or worry for now until I see what they will give us.

apqaria said: @maz, hehehe good to know. Now I won't worry again on you :D
And yes I know exactly your feeling as this is what I felt when the first news came out but I am trying not to think about it so I don't get sad or less excited about this again. And I keep telling myself that our Dong-Hae must have seen something good in here and I I won't judge or worry for now until I see what they will give us.

Guest michbadat

dvee_yong said: @michbadat HAHAHAHA are you that excited that there are a lot of typos??? /merong/
I'm so happy for your ultimate OTP~~~ ^_____^ Get ready to see awesome chemistry among all the actors~

Guest michbadat

maz said: apqaria said: @maz, hehehe good to know. Now I won't worry again on you :D
And yes I know exactly your feeling as this is what I felt when the first news came out but I am trying not to think about it so I don't get sad or less excited about this again. And I keep telling myself that our Dong-Hae must have seen something good in here and I I won't judge or worry for now until I see what they will give us.

Guest Bosco_96

Our Da Hae has new news today, not sure but it seems that they say this drama is romcom?

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20140221/61086179/1

I hope someone will translate it ^^

005uHTXYtw1edr6mo7ovzj30c81jhtdl.jpgI love the spirit here-really fun.
I think the weakest part in this production is the director, not the writer, so I'm not so worried. The writer's works, not too stellar, but not the worst also, plus the weekend drama tends to have a story, rather than jumps here and there.
I'm more worried with LDH latest news-it said quite similar to My Girl, but only in the beginning of the eps. We know, the bubbly type of character is similar to her real character, but I worried if she channel the same vibe like Yoo Rin. I want to see a more mature bubbly type. It has been 8-9 years since her last rom com, I hope no slapstick joke, so I'm waiting for new surprises.
from weibo description
@ MBC weekend drama HotelKingMicroblogging Member : [Reporter] East Asia Sports White Sol # # Lee Da Hae starred in the romantic comedy Nine years later, and make us feel emotion. # Hotel King # is @ Lee Da Hae Following the 2005 SBS drama # My Girl # After a lapse of nine years later starred in the romantic comedy. Lee Da Hae in particular may play a similar role with the role of "My Girl" is. Role play is just the beginning, some abruptly, but later because of an unexpected crisis alone.

Guest nancykimlee

maz said:

apqaria said:

@maz, hehehe good to know. Now I won't worry again on you :D

Hi just dropping by to bump this thread. Kinda busy this weekend. hoping that next week will get a lot of updates already <3
ENJOY your weekend guys cuz soon we will have another reason to love weekends <3

From Dramabeans

Let’s start with Im Seul-ong, 2AM idol and budding actor, whose casting makes me aww if only because I seriously loved his bromancey relationship with Lee Dong-wook in their last drama, Mandate of Heaven. (Note: I did not love Lee Dong-wook in that drama, but I loved the guys’ arc from childhood best friends to estranged adults to co-conspirators and teammates.) Seul-ong plays a hotelier (as do most of our characters) at the fancy 7-star Hotel CL (do they even make hotels with that many stars?), and his character sounds like just the kind of guy to make audiences fall for him as the second lead: He’s smart, loyal, positive and hard-working with a heo-dang side that keeps him a little offbeat.

Seul-ong’s character also connects with CL’s bold, lively heiress played by Lee Da-hae, which sets him up for a love triangle with the two leads. Poor guy never even had a shot. Lee Dong-wook plays CL’s current general manager who then becomes the CL president’s enemy; I’m guessing this was a long con for him, since he’s out to take down the man for abandoning his mother years ago. We’re not told exactly what kind of crisis arises, but when the heiress finds herself facing dire struggles because an unexpected event puts her father’s hotel in peril, Seul-ong is someone who rushes in to help her and try to save the hotel.

Okay so I researched and here's what I got from Yahoo answers: Yeah, his nickname is 허당 (heodang) which means a person who is just a little bit odd in his or her way of thinking or someone who doesn't quite understand something the first time something is said / someone who's easily confused.

I know we are restless waiting for more news/pic, but knowing how messy is MBC production this few years, up to Awards recognition, so we cannot expect more from them. Plus most of the shooting is indoor, fans also cannot have much to reveal.
Nancykimlee, yes I heard a lot about the craziness of Prince Aurora, mostly due due to the writer also, but the ahjumma love it.
dvee_yong, I have no idea what 'heo-dang' is actually.

1891356_466417153487236_362573007_o.jpg

credit to cocomhe for her artworks
2qds.jpg

0z7s.jpg
ypvp.jpg

@dvee_yong, LOOOL on that nick name translation :D but I don't think he will be anything near dump not that I don't like to see that ;) but may be he is odd or usually get confused about things so he is loud or say random things without much thinking beforehand :)And about "heodang", I think Lee Seung Gi makes the best example of such personality :D :D
And don't forget that to be able to help our heroine and fight for her love, he can't be dump right? But that personality will be his charm I guess.

@samzz, yes who would expect more from MBC X( But I am not even sure they started filming already but as tomorrow is the poster shooting hope we get anything.

Guest Bosco_96

TQ @samzz for the pic of DH news in weibo. Here is new part of the news which are translated from Chinese

-After 9 years Lee Da Hae will come back with rom-com drama again.

-FNC Ent reveals that LDH is hardly examining script and has many discussions as well as suggestions in choosing styles and clothes for the character.

-
After finishing Iris 2, LDH develops her career in China and obtain many fans bcos of her influence in using Chinese.

Hence, this drama is rom-com actually as I thought so I'm happy :x

And everybody don't sad bcos K-ent never release news abt dramas on the weekend that I can notice it in a long time. I'm sure we will have new news in tomorrow ^^

yes Bosco, hope to see more of them tomorrow, and TQ for the translation.
maybe a blend of melo and rom-com.
I can't  wait to see Dahae new fashion sense, the last I really enjoy it,was during Miss Ripley, and also can't wait to see Wookie flashing his smile like this.
1lQkVT9.jpg

Dahae latest pic-or selfie on bed this morning. -looks like she's ready to face the music.
705dfdacjw1edtertx078j20l50hvtb9.jpg

AQ, I read a twitter conversation 2 days ago-the shooting already started on 21st Feb.

@Bosco_96, it seems I am not enough into K-ent to know about that weekend thing. I thought that shouldn't be the case and even stated that here before :D
Lets hope tomorrow will bring up some new stuff about our drama. I am not so demanding, just one picture of our OTP face will be good for me but I surely don't mind giving me more :))
@samzz, oh really. Thanks dear for the news. There were some news before saying it was starting on 20 but I thought that was not true after we saw them taking training at that day and we didn't get update from any of our stars to say they are started filming and even today with the new picture of Dahae they didn't stay anything about the drama. 

But that is good because they surely have tight schedule to work on for this drama :)

@samzz, I have to agree about Da-hae fashion. She was PERFECT in MR and as she play heiress here, so it is more of a chance for her to show us this again :x
As I keep thinking about everything regarding this drama, today I thought about the OST. For me the OST always add more to my enjoyment of the drama. In addition that it surely helps setup the mood of the scenes and even add more depth or fun to them. I even sometimes watch a movie just for the OST or if I don't like a certain scene I am watching but it plays a good OST song, I keep replaying just for the song.
So, for our drama here. I hope we get a good music director and as we have many idols on board so I think may be one or more of them will sing something for the OST (although it is not certain). I am not so much into Kpop so, if someone can help me and post one best song for each one of our idols here, I will be grateful. It also will help me to know more about them :\">

Archived