[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest tinybelle

ooooh that's a great insight too @ocdee‌ . :D i am so wishy washy! =)) how many times can we cut this scene into pieces and still not get to the bottom of it?! I love this show!

I agree with HW not saying the stuff that she actually means. I think it's the reason why she's always incredulous every time Sun Jae does it because he expresses himself so openly, so willingly, so often.

Guest xianzhongfan

ocdee said:

xianzhongfan

said:

as for various comments regarding HW's ambition, i tend to disagree.  Maybe it is different subs as I watch with Chinese subs, but it seemed she said she doesn't care what the position was, as long as she is given authority to veto/control. I do not see this as ambition. In fact it has been very consistent with HW's balancing play with the family/office politics. (1) She knows that the Chairman will offer her a position in YW's company to assist YW as Mdm Han already told her in advance that 'sometimes it is ok to reject the Chairman's request'; (2) she knows she cannot reject the Chairman (despite what the wife egged her to do), so she has to agree but since she knows it is going to be shi**y working for YW and her toy boy, might as well ask for authority so she doesn't need to adhere to nonsensical proposals; (3) another alternative outcome is that this may give YW a chance to reject her (although it went OTT with the crazy YW throwing tiles at her), and thus HW would have legitimately got out of the offer from the Chairman without offending him.

It also helps to know that all this was done during the Mahjong session, which is when you need to strategise in order to win. [Director-nim and writer-nim is just brilliant here.] And we have seen HW winning in the previous round. It shows that she is a master at strategizing and it was not a straight-forward ambition to become a CEO.

Guest ocdee

xianzhongfan said: ocdee said:

xianzhongfan

said:

as for various comments regarding HW's ambition, i tend to disagree.  Maybe it is different subs as I watch with Chinese subs, but it seemed she said she doesn't care what the position was, as long as she is given authority to veto/control. I do not see this as ambition. In fact it has been very consistent with HW's balancing play with the family/office politics. (1) She knows that the Chairman will offer her a position in YW's company to assist YW as Mdm Han already told her in advance that 'sometimes it is ok to reject the Chairman's request'; (2) she knows she cannot reject the Chairman (despite what the wife egged her to do), so she has to agree but since she knows it is going to be shi**y working for YW and her toy boy, might as well ask for authority so she doesn't need to adhere to nonsensical proposals; (3) another alternative outcome is that this may give YW a chance to reject her (although it went OTT with the crazy YW throwing tiles at her), and thus HW would have legitimately got out of the offer from the Chairman without offending him.

It also helps to know that all this was done during the Mahjong session, which is when you need to strategise in order to win. [Director-nim and writer-nim is just brilliant here.] And we have seen HW winning in the previous round. It shows that she is a master at strategizing and it was not a straight-forward ambition to become a CEO.

Oh Gosh.. Ep 7 text preview is out and we might have a gut-wrenching episode ahead of us.
"집이라는 데가, 가끔은 직장 같을 때두 있단다." 

영우(김혜은)에게 마작패로 맞고 온 아내 혜원(김희애)에게 도리어 행동 조심하라 이르는 준형(박혁권). 그의 말 한마디에 남의 눈 의식하며 사는 삶에 염증을 느끼는 것도 잠시, 혜원은 선재 (유아인) 의 청결한 궁핍에도 눈물이 난다. 하필 입학 오디션을 준비하는 선재도 혜원이 이끄는 대로 따라주지 않아 혜원은 외롭기만 하고. 

한편 영우의 사업 뒷바라지로 바쁘던 와중에 성숙(심혜진)이 서회장(김용건) 건으로 혜원을 압박해오는데... 

"Sometimes being home feels like being at work."

Hye Won comes home beaten by Young Woo, but Joon Hyeong tell her to behave (instead of consoling her). His such words prompt her to become weary of her life of always being conscious of how others see her. At the same time, she is sad to see Seon Jae trying to keep his honor despite having nothing. She feels even lonelier when Seon Jae doesn't readily follow her guidance to help him prepare for the entrance audition. Seong Sook, on the other hand, starts putting pressures on Hye Won regarding Chairman Seo, while Hye Won's busy helping Young Woo with her business.

I like this drama but now female lead husband know about his wife affair. so now there is no secret.(please tell me where can i find  Episode 7 teaser)

Oh Gosh.. Ep 7 text preview is out and we might have a gut-wrenching episode ahead of us.

영우(김혜은)에게 마작패로 맞고 온 아내 혜원(김희애)에게 도리어 행동 조심하라 이르는 준형(박혁권). 그의 말 한마디에 남의 눈 의식하며 사는 삶에 염증을 느끼는 것도 잠시, 혜원은 선재 (유아인) 의 청결한 궁핍에도 눈물이 난다. 하필 입학 오디션을 준비하는 선재도 혜원이 이끄는 대로 따라주지 않아 혜원은 외롭기만 하고. 

Hye Won comes home beaten by Young Woo, but Joon Hyeong tell her to behave (instead of consoling her). His such words prompt her to become weary of her life of always being conscious of how others see her. At the same time, she is sad to see Seon Jae trying to keep his honor despite having nothing. She feels even lonelier when Seon Jae doesn't readily follow her guidance to help him prepare for the entrance audition. Seong Sook, on the other hand, starts putting pressures on Hye Won regarding Chairman Seo, while Hye Won's busy helping Young Woo with her business.

What does this mean? "....Seon Jae trying to keep his honor despite having nothing."

Uh oh....I'm not liking what I'm reading here....SJ's not going to follow HW's guidance? How can that be possible when he thinks the world of her and gives goddess status?? Unless! He's wavering?! Don't like HW as much already?! Noooooooo......! And our poor HW is feeling lonely. Aww.....I really can't bear that. I think it's becuz KHA's acting is just so darn good & convincing! You feel her hurt! And I love the parts where she laughs or giggles. It's so darn natural its amazing!

@ktomato  I don't think we have to worry much about the "She feels even lonelier when Seon Jae doesn't readily follow her guidance to help him prepare for the entrance audition" part.

In episode 6, we saw that HW was trying to give SJ pointers on how to get far, but he rejected them.  He wants to show her that he is capable and can do things on his own.  Unless something happens during their car ride that upsets him...making SJ want to "defy" her, but I think the former is more likely.  He's way too into her to waver already.

Speaking of said car ride....

I hope they go somewhere far, in a more rural area.  They live in such a noisy, busy city.  It would be nice if they drove to the mountains or a small town/village where no one would be around. 

ktomato said:

kyubiX said: @ktomato  I don't think we have to worry much about the "She feels even lonelier when Seon Jae doesn't readily follow her guidance to help him prepare for the entrance audition" part.

In episode 6, we saw that HW was trying to give SJ pointers on how to get far, but he rejected them.  He wants to show her that he is capable and can do things on his own.  Unless something happens during their car ride that upsets him...making SJ want to "defy" her, but I think the former is more likely.  He's way too into her to waver already.

I hope they go somewhere far, in a more rural area.  They live in such a noisy, busy city.  It would be nice if they drove to the mountains or a small town/village where no one would be around. 

bebebisous33 said:SJ isn't driven by ambition that's why it seems he won't listen to HW's recommandations. I believe, they do come from the same background, unlike her husband. HW received financial support from The Chairman. Another reason why they could connect to each other. SJ loves music and HW therefore he wants to play for her. He loves her reactions when she is listening to music. She is a muse to him!

Guest NiN1430293605

bebebisous33 said: kyubiX said: @ktomato  I don't think we have to worry much about the "She feels even lonelier when Seon Jae doesn't readily follow her guidance to help him prepare for the entrance audition" part.

Guest NiN1430293605

I'm counting down the days from today to Monday. What has this gorgeous thing done to me......