[OFFICIAL]✩Jang Wooyoung♥Park Se Young✩[THE YY NATION]

chic-chic

@Gerry58 First one to comment. Good job. 

Many fans of Jang Hyuk are nervous because he accepted this drama because so many A list actors declined the role. It will also compete with PSH medical drama. I am just hoping that the lead would be a great actress. 

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/25/jang-hyuk-yoon-hyun-min-and-park-se-young-confirmed-for-new-medical-drama/

Actors Jang Hyuk, Yoon Hyun Min, and Park Se Young have been confirmed to star in KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Beautiful Mind” (working title).

On April 26, an affiliate of the drama industry stated, “Jang Hyuk, Yoon Hyun Min, and Park Se Young have been confirmed to appear on ‘Beautiful Mind’ and they will attend the first script reading on April 28.”

However, the female lead has not been decided yet. Actress Park So Dam was previously courted to play it, but she hasn’t accepted the offer yet. It is possible that the first script reading will go on without her.

In the drama, Jang Hyuk will be playing Young Oh, a genius neurosurgeon who has no sympathy whatsoever. However, when he starts noticing that his patients are dying in strange ways and he starts loving someone, he slowly grows to become a better person.

Yoon Hyun Min’s character is the complete opposite of Jang Hyuk’s character. He will be playing Hyun Suk Joo, a fellow neurosurgeon who has a lot of compassion towards his patients and is a trustworthy being for all of his friends. As you can see, Yoon Hyun Min and Jang Hyuk will be playing parallel characters.

Park Se Young will play Kim Min Jae, a colleague in the department of neurology in Hyun Sung Hospital. She graduated from a different university than her colleagues, but she is an intelligent and beautiful doctor who earned her name as the best doctor in Hyun Sung Hospital.

“Beautiful Mind” will start filming soon, and it will air in June after “Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho” finishes its run.

• Like 4

@chic-chic- don't worry- all 3 stars got lots of fans, they sure to support.

U go watch jang hyuk in the movie 'The client' he is damn good as a psycho killer. Now just see who the lead actress.

3 solid actors in this drama plus no idols whereas the other one got a lot.

Also some A listers reject doesn't mean no good- some due for military already so they might want to do fan meeting, easier than do a drama, ljs reject cos he don't want to be typecast as a doc cos he done dr stranger

• Like 3

Sy acting as a kind hearted doc, at least not a villain this time

maybe should ask bae jin hee to join them since she turn down drama with ngm. She is good friend with sy and yhm

Hope the press give lots of publicity, can't wait to see sy at press conference, hope she wears something pretty 

They open up the drama forum for a beautiful mind so remember to go over there to leave some comments so people will watch the drama 

• Like 4

TBH, SY can handle the lead role.   Cat Funeral showed multi-dimension, and Glorious Day (from which some  parallels were drawn in WGM  and WY jealousy stemmed) showed her capacity in a starring role.  MDGSW showed versatility.   Although one is a movie and the other 2 weekend dramas,  i hope she soon  does get her break.   She deserves it. 

• Like 7

I am also waiting for her break. Though she had the lead roles in The tale of Two sisters and Glorious days, I want her to be a lead in a weekday drama. She's been working hard for years now she really deserves it. I want her to be recognized for her acting. 

• Like 7

@blame2pm    With my sorely limited Chinese and using online dictionary,   based on the name obtained from their Wiki profiles:  

Se  Young. 世 榮.  First word  means world.  Second word means glory, honor, and can also mean to fllourish

Woo Young.  祐榮.  First word: to protect/bless.  (This word usually used for males).  Second word exactly same as Seyoung's.

Hope this helps.  

• Like 6

@hazeljrr_c922- sometimes it is not cos she is not capable. Some people got strong supporters, even lousy acting still can get lead. I am sure she will do well and get lead soon. She is so beautiful and can act

My hubby was watching one popular drama not dots- he couldn't spot the lead actress cos she is so plain (he thought the supporting actress was the one). I told him her acting is great but he said he won't watch cos she is not pretty. My mum in law even said how come the standard of Korean actresses drop so much cos she watches a lot of the old ones. Hubby says the only pretty ones are ha ji won, dots lead actress and the old actress Kim hee sun, sy (he knows is my favourite) he says is pretty :lol:

Wah, Love both the meaning of their names - sy will be famous worldwide and wy is there to protect her 

• Like 6

Incidentally that pic of the sea....has a heart on the sand.    Thanks for the wordplay info @blame2pm. Makes me appreciate the bird in the pic instead of just  the heart and the Hyundae beach reference (he took the photo while in a beach in LA then).    Also thanks for explaining the convo of YY couple,  as the subs remove the word play and rhymes.  

• Like 5

agree with @blame2pm wooyoung is witty with his words. that is why many agree he make a good MC. it's not far fetched the bird in the photo posted by wy was inspired by seyoung's name. of course not for picky people. lol. 

I.A.M V.E.R.Y.E.X.C.I.T.E.D for seyoung's new drama! I don't mind second or third lead as long as she/her character has weight to the whole picture. i mean all of us love Seyoung in Glorious Day but it's not reflected in the rating and news. contrary to Sawol, Seyoung's character trending every episode at twitter. and Song Ha Yoon's character (in Sawol) always discussed after every episode, even lead character (Baek Jin Hee) cannot achieve that. so yes Seyoung get the script and rock the screen already!   

I discussed with few of us privately and thinking of sending a food truck to seyoung during her filming. anybody would like to join the force? roughly we need minimum KRW1,000,000 (1 mil won) to accomplish the mission. 

• Like 7

Finally made it here and done my voting! http://www.poll-maker.com/Q8O9GR0

What great news! Our princess confirmed to join the cast of Beautiful Mind drama. A reunion with Yoon Hyun Min too :D...Seyoung's new friend. Plus Jang Hyuk. Cool! Looking forward to behind the scenes, Seyoung will be subjected to YHM's playfulness again, hahaha!

Happy days are back, CHINGUS!

@missauditor I'm in with your idea of sending a food truck. I'll be happy to contribute :wub:

• Like 5

I agree with you @Gerry58 on actor- wannabe- idols. I am not talking in general because some really do a fantastic job.  But lately, we lost the good actresses to them because of their agency backing (back door negotiations). For instance, that teenage, vampire drama that finished few months back. I watched it initially because of the lead actor but the idol/actress (now packaged as a sexy idol/actress and loving all the attention too!) was very ordinary. I stopped watching because, it got really boring. And I've read a lot of reviews from the netizens how disappointing it was and what a waste of talent for the talented young actor and the flow of the story was no help either (he is now in another drama Jackpot). Again, that gangster-themed/family/comedy/drama, the 'daughter' was from another idol girl group. She is not telegenic, all I can see is her puffed cheeks, round face (but she might be pretty in real life, that's why I used telegenic) and boring, spoiled brat acting.. And now, she will be acting opposite NGM as the lead role! The role that BJH refused. I said to myself, gee this girl must really have some good backing!

But on the other hand, some of the actress-actress might have turned down offers or refused auditions too - star complex maybe? Hence, with the pressure of playdate from TV networks they (PD staff) have no choice but offer it to those who are willing?

I'd love to see Park Seyoung be in the lead role again, but I think taking baby steps is the way to go even after a successful comeback as the evil Oh Hye Sang :angry:.  But look, we can watch her again, this time in weekday drama as what we wished for. You know why? Because we are such good, loyal supporters:wub:. Like the Chinese and Korean fans :heart:.

The other thing that makes me more exciting is it rivals the other medical themed drama, with Seyoung's ex-label mate. I'm not surprised if the lead actress in that drama will play her usual 'Miss Goody Two Shoes' role.

• Like 3

@standingtallyy- I did check out the vampire drama but that idol actress completely ruin the show, had to drop it even though I like the actor. That's why the pairing is important. Even dots the idol actor's crying was too fake but at least he is a minor character, can fast forward. 

Re the other drama, they invited some idol to cameo to help boost rating even before it is screen- it will be like producer- practically every celebs cameo even JYP appeared! But people are not stupid, they will check out and recommend to friends if really good

sy has passion for acting, she won't be bothered if it is not a lead role. She wants to learn from the experienced veterans- that's why they love her. 

It is a co-incidence both medical dramas will be shown same time but good to have competition. Let's see how they perform :)

• Like 2

I agree @Gerry58 Competition is good, it keeps everyone on their toes. It will be no fun if only one dominates. But you see, in the entertainment world, you are only as good as your last performance. But somehow,can't blame if these idols will jump on every opportunity that comes their way. I saw in reality shows like 'Roommates', how they are all cramped in small apartments with just kitchen utensils, fridge and their sleeping bags for years as trainees and even after they debuted.  Same goes with rookie actors too. It will take years before they actually earn money and can afford to buy a place of their own -if they get lucky. Their earnings divided by the number of members minus the agency's commission. Basically leaves them with nothing. It's their individual income that earns them the bucks, isn't it? 

Like what Jun K said, it was only in 2011 when 2PM started earning money (3 years after they debuted) but look where they are now -as 2PM and individual artist. There will always be someone amongst the group who will stand out but in the case of 2PM, they are at the same level. Wooyoung and Jun K - prefers the behind the scene - composing, style director and producing. Whereas Nickhun, Chansung, Junho and Taecyon are more into being visible on stage or in front of the camera.

• Like 3

@standingtallyy- I also saw the variety - I live alone and surprise at their living conditions esp those celebs from early days. Think 2pm lucky to have made it but also cos they are all talented - can compose.

Some older idols have to be on variety shows or DJ cos newer and younger idol groups like got7 keep coming out. That's why they have to make as much while they can. Even actors are not spared- quite a lot of popular ones very seldom see them. Sjk is very lucky, he already make more than lmh and the alien actor, most going army. 2pm fans are loyal, hope after military, there will still have demand for their concerts- the most have career change- wy very talented, can compose, design, groom young idols, go into mc posts etc. can even open cafe 

Handsome wy

sy still keeping quiet, hope she will appear soon 

• Like 2

The descriptions are nice and funny. Wooyoung as a devilish boy and Taec as the wildest among them haha.

CS → Owns a sexy physical beauty. He has an immense love for banana ♡ The maknae with impressive Japanese skill!

JH → The unyielding passionate man. Beside his diverse talent, that smiling face of his will also hold you captive !!

NK → With singing voice felt like wrapping you in an embrace, he owns a super sweet mask ♡ The Prince among gentlemen.

Jun.K → A multi talent expert at everything, even as producer! His extremely expressive singing voice is a treasure.

• Like 3