thank u for the great news on seyoung new drama:D
glad it is weekend drama this time, alot easier to follow
as for not being the lead if it is the same case as MDGSW
I don't really mind 
she had most of the screen time and her role was influencing 
it is her first weekend drama after a long time let's support her as always
:)

• Like 3

@blame2pm Thank you for the cheer:D I need all I can get. It is so true, coming here and chatting with you lovely people is a breath of fresh air, sencha:wub:

@Gerry58 I know right? Is it the lunar activity perhaps? Me and my 'sixth sense',LOL!! It does surprise me at times too. Make sure the place you go to have internet and Wi-Fi! It's  a must. You are a jetsetter.Your last holiday was Japan, where are you heading this time? I hope you have a blast! 

If Seyoung's  next project is amedical drama,that would be me. It's actually interesting watching those type of drama when you actually do it. And with her friend, YHM? Gosh,  he will be more excited working with Seyoung again. They will have fun because they just finished working together...comfortable and easy but this time, he'll play the villain? I like Jang Hyuk, only watched him in FTLY, but if he gets paired off with a 22yo actress, its pretty awkward to watch. Seyoung will suit better since she's few years older but it doesn't  matter, as long as she is in the main four lead and will see her again!  Incidentally, I enjoy watching My Neighborhood Lawyer, better than Memory both legal dramas but I guess the comedy side got me. Thanks to his loyal female assistant and loan shark/ gangster friends. KSR is good too.Two successive dramas to watch is jang! 

TGIF and its long weekend here due to public holiday on Monday across the country. I'll be hanging around for a well deserved short  break (would be great if I can turn my mobile phone off, haha! I wish :D)....and have drink of soju and beer. Yes I bought two bottles about three months ago from a Korean BBQ restaurant here.I finally get to have a shot or two. 

• Like 3

@amera46 - it is going to be a weekday drama - mon, tue. Don't know why but weekends are more family dramas. Very excited cos this is supposed to be a mystery medical.

@standingtallyy- I recommend u watch jang hyuk in Chuno or slave hunter. It is his best, won acting award, got handsome oh ji hyo (think spelt correctly) and beautiful Lee da hae. His physique and fighting superb - it is a historical drama. I like watching crime and mystery drama- watch signal (best drama this year, way better than dots) then go watch gap dong - both dramas are related to a psycho killer who killed 9 girls. I will watch neighborhood lawyer after I finish memory. Vampire detective is also good- solving mystery cases- main actor Lee joon -he act as psycho killer in gap dong. 

Already book to go central Japan in June. By then, already complete the whole of Japan (4 main islands). Lucky I went south last year and saw  Kumamoto castle cos I read the recent earthquake destroyed part of it and it is now closed for repairs. Hope no more earthquake or have to cancel. We like to explore the rural countryside, the only thing is - some hotels don't have Internet in the rooms

Hope your sixth sense is working again, maybe we get more good news 

• Like 3

@Gerry58 will check out the dramas you recommended. Faith, TMETS, Three Muskeeteers were the only historical  dramas I've watched to date. I've watched 3 episodes of Signal already and just trying Vamipre Detective after reading your review. I hope there is a follow up article on Beautiful Mind, this time with cast confirmation :D:D Paging @hunusguy @hunusentertainment.

• Like 3

@standingtallyy - I saw a lot of historical dramas cos I find them very educational but be prepared to see 50 to 100 episodes. The one to watch is Jewel in the Palace- very famous, known worldwide. Also Jumong, dongyi, moon embraces the sun, deep rooted tree, Princess man etc

Hope to hear from hunus whether sy accepted the drama- keep our fingers crossed and pray 

• Like 2

I just saw this again and realized the connotation of it. LOL only 2PM can make Music Bank a 19+ show. If you didn't know,

Spoiler

"Do you want to eat ramyun together?" from a girl means "You wanna come over and have sex?"

Which is sort of what My House is about. Jun.K is poetic but he also said it is a pretty straighforward song so yeah. LOL. Oh and Wooyoung's "It's a misunderstanding!" was funny!

• Like 7

@blame2pm thanks for the sy news. yay can see pretty sy on screen soon.:wub:

@standingtallyy wow superwoman, glad you know when to take a break and relax, it help refreshing healthy mindset. work hard play hard ! your sixth sense freeze.., the lunar activity lolz. :P

still a quiet day, let's have some fun for the weekend. enjoy all ! (this was share by someone before)

• Like 5

YY friends! Check this out. I can only think of one person though :wub: Most of his songs are now about a person he loves. Same as what we see on his Rose Album

[Trans] Wooyoung talking abt his subunit's song w/ Nichkhun 
Pic: DndunDkfgdl_yk
via: n430jwy

13010787_1183980268291588_71855150458309

13006628_1183980264958255_30832010842224

• Like 6

5 hours ago, ilikeme said:

I just saw this again and realized the connotation of it. LOL only 2PM can make Music Bank a 19+ show. If you didn't know,

Hide contents

"Do you want to eat ramyun together?" from a girl means "You wanna come over and have sex?"

Which is sort of what My House is about. Jun.K is poetic but he also said it is a pretty straighforward song so yeah. LOL. Oh and Wooyoung's "It's a misunderstanding!" was funny!

2PM certainly know who's opinion to ask. Good on you Jun K. :D 

Wooyoung so defensive. The guilty party, LOL!! His reaction is priceless :D

• Like 4

Finally a translation. She's not yet confirm to join. I think she was offered the role but no confirmation yet. Why is that nobody is signing for the drama? There were already three actors offered the role.  Even the main casts are not yet confirmed.

Park Se-young up for medical mystery Beautiful Mind

by girlfriday | April 22, 2016 | 11 Comments

ParkSeYoung1.jpg

It might be a My Daughter Geum Sa-wol reunion for Park Se-young and Yoon Hyun-min, who are both considering secondary roles in KBS’s new medical mystery dramaBeautiful Mind. The new Monday-Tuesday series is cutting it really close to the wire with casting, since the drama is due out in June and technically nobody’s signed on; Jang Hyuk (Master of Trade—Inn 2015) and Park So-dam (The Priests, Because It’s the First Time) are being courted to headline, but no one’s finalized yet.

Beautiful Mind comes from the writer of Sungkyunkwan Scandal and the PD of Dream High 2, and tells the story of a neurosurgeon who’s brilliant as a doctor, but lacking empathy and emotion due to a frontal lobe injury. He gets caught up in a mysterious case when his patients start dying off, and the drama is about solving the mystery, as well as his growth as a doctor. The heroine will open his eyes to love and change him, even though I have no clue how this is possible if he feels no feelings.

Yoon Hyun-min is considering a role as the villain, a cardiothoracic surgeon who is the very opposite of Jang Hyuk’s character. He’s trusted and well-liked by his patients and colleagues, which hides his duplicitous nature. Park Se-young is up for the role of a neurosurgery fellow, a smart, beautiful researcher in the department who’s at the top of her field.

There’s no indication that she’s evil or anything, but after playing the evil second lead inMy Daughter Geum Sa-wol, I wonder if it’s expected of her now. I like Park Se-young and don’t want her to be typecast as evil forever, but as long as she’s doing it well, there’s no reason not to have some fun with it. So far the cast is looking great… that is, if any of these people sign on.

Beautiful Mind follows Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho in June.

Here's the link if you want to leave comments

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/park-se-young-up-for-medical-mystery-beautiful-mind/

• Like 5

@chic-chic- wow, now wy is very explicit and frank, telling everyone he has a girlfriend and he loves her!!!

Way to go man! Can't wait to check out the lyrics. 

Think not so fast to confirm the drama offer. They have to check out the terms and study the details. Hope not a villain role. We have to wait patiently.

I know some of her fans are unhappy it is 2nd lead but YHM also offered 2nd lead (he was 1st lead in mdgsw) but it is ok, learn from the experienced actors. Nowadays 2nd leads also given a lot of attention eg dots, reply etc. Even a minor character can be unforgettable if the acting is good.

I am just glad she gets offer so fast cos there are lots of competition from idol girl groups- their agency is so strong, they can put their idols with not much acting experience into lead roles. They hope the experienced actors carry the show.  I normally check out the comments section before starting a drama - some knetz can be very brutal, they will comment on bad acting even A listers

• Like 4

No one confirmed yet?    Could it be because there is another Doctor drama already in the works (coincidentally starring you know who).    There are also parts of DotS, and several medical dramas  in recent (2-3 years) memory.  Medical drama fatigue, I hope not.    Unless this is approached in a fresh manner  any actor would understandably  think it through, cery carefully.  The premise of a doctor with a condition has already been done very well, in Good Doctor.

• Like 5

@hazeljrr_c922- agree a lot of medical dramas - eg blood, dr stranger, emergency couple, golden time etc

psh also doing one with experienced actor in june. Same for vampire theme. Korean dramas like to repeat the same thing but it is ok if it is like a mystery who done it murder storyline. If they get the right cast, people will still watch. LJS probably turn down cos he is famous in dr stranger and might want to try something else. I hope jang hyuk accepts cos he has done too many historical dramas, need a change 

• Like 3

Read the comments in dramabeans on the above article of Park Seyoung. There was only but one who critiqued her acting based on her eye expression, said she is too guilty. But I do agree with her.We as fans acknowledge that. From somebody who never played a villain, her true character showed. It was a work in progress (and still is) but Seyoung got better along the way. The rest where all cheering for her, how she stands out from the stereo-typical actresses looking all the same (beauty and look wise) and said she deserved to be in the leading role.

Story lines get changed depending on what the response of the viewers. It's a known fact. The early episodes usually leaves us guessing who will be with who and how they are connected. I like that flow, not too predictable. Well, if it is a medical thriller, thats how it should be, leaving us on the edge of our seats.

It is a mystery somehow none  of the 'sought after' actors were interested. Is the price not right (talent fee)? This drama might turn out to be the dark horse for all we know and actors who were offered the role before might regret turning it down later on...

I think with the press releases on YHM and Seyoung, there is a high probability that they might say yes to the roles. I'll be glad to see them working together again.

• Like 5

Yes it makes me think why the actors turned down this drama. Maybe the story, the female lead, or the fee. The drama would start this June and they don't have a fixed cast especially the leads. They've been releasing news of who they had offered the main male lead since August 2015 and even change the title. 

Just hoping if Seyoung would accept this drama it would be great for her.  I hope she makes a right choice. Before this news, I was hoping she will be offered  the lead in the historical version of Sassy girl. The drama is with Joowon the actor in Fashion King movie. This would be his last drama before enlistment. I think that would suit her. 

Regarding the bad comment on her acting, I think it's also the director's fault why she acted that way. It's possible he wanted her to show guilt with her eye expressions. If it was not good they will surely point it out.

• Like 4

@standingtallyy- sy is just too nice . She keeps saying 'don't hate her'. She can act cold and proud eg in school 2013 but acting mean and bullying kids in mdgsw may be hard for her. Still she perform well as a first time villain- so many people hated hye sang

I read 4 actors turn down dots so they must be regretting. Think the A listers have too many offers so they can afford to pick and choose. Moreover many go to China so their schedules are really tight. Money may be another factor cos China pays more. U see yoona just 1 drama makes $2.5m not counting endorsements. They will always approach the A listers first cos they think people only watch because of them but not true. Some of the good dramas like Glorious Day don't have them but still one of my favourites

@chic-chici would like sy to do a rom-com like gd (she act really cute) or melodrama like winter sonata cos she cries so beautifully 

• Like 2

When you come to think of it @Gerry58 and @hazeljrr_c922 even the recently concluded drama starred by Rain and other A-listers, the ratings was very ordinary. Yes the actors were good but personally? It just didn't have that hold on me to finish watching it? So, having the A-listers, with astronomical talent fees is not an assurance of a hit drama. Audience nowadays wil go for the story. That's  what I mean on Beautiful Mind, might turn out to be the dark horse, when all the popular actors turn it down, a less stellar cast might be the winning formula in the end. I know Jang Hyuk is an A-lister but Park Seyoung, Park Sodam and Yong Hyunmin are low key celebrities compared to him.

I'm enjoying  'Yeah, That's How It Is'  weekend drama. The older actors are well respected in KShowbiz and probably were A-listers in their prime. But the rest of that cast, so far in the dramas I watched were always play support roles, not even second leads but I like it just how it is...that is the drama's charm :D

• Like 3