[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

SongMira

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I just finish watching DS recently, boy was I late to join the fun...

Reason why I was so late....

~ Reading the synopsis....North Korea...bla bla bla...spy....bla bla bla...another Kings 2 Heart, too heavy for me.. #-o

~ Jin Se Yeon... action/combat/romance...Bridal Mask...Inspiring Generation...dead heroine  :-w

~ Kang Sora...WGM, cute....Dream High 2  %-(

~ Lee Jong Suk, Park Hae Jin....who??? :-?

~ comments..good drama bad ending-> unsatisfactory ending-> sucks ending~ me  ^#(^

But I still curious abt the drama since I heard it won many awards & good critics, asked a friend, told me it's actually a happy ending though not with the couple she favours...

So, I watched...cudnt stop watching...finished it in 2 days marathon...Lesson learn - Dont trust synopsis too much....NEVER read comments before watching

Unlike those comments that made me reluctant to watch, I really love the ending. For me its one of the most clean & well executed ending that tell a story of a pair of lovers who's been tru hell & back again...The ending also wrap up other characters story nicely...

Honestly I dun understand why some making a huge deal abt the ending just becos PH ends up with the love of his life, SJH @ HSH. I mean from beginning to the end tho there were  2 couples, there's only one love story. PH & JH's...

From the young, sweet romance to tragic love, and eventually their love turn  into a mature, selfless love. Although both were brutally separated, meeting again by chance 5 years later, once again they both share the suspense yet thrilling & romantic bike ride tru the city of Budapest before they were once again tragically separated.

All thru the years PH never once stray from his sweetheart, missing her in despair, trying all his might to look for her.

As for the other couple, HJJ & OSH, it was the girl who betrayed the relationship. Regardless what his initial intention HJJ never mistreat her while they were dating. And along the way he falls in love with OSH for real.

To me OSH is the one who's unfaithful to love. She's not a competent doctor to begin with but has an easy ride with a hospital's director father & very skill head surgeon bf. However she thinks highly of herself, even her dad knows it & try to transfer her to the mgt side. Then later for the competition surgeon bf promised her to be his assistant during surgery but director dad hinted that HJJ needs to appoint a more capable doctor becos its not a show him but other people. So when bf surgeon decided to chg his assistant she threw tantrums & sulk, refused to join bf's team surgery.

Came along a talented, young & handsome surgeon who desperate need staff, she's ready to throw away her bf. Watching from there on, there's never a time PH show any interest on her as a woman nor does he ever lead her on. All along he thought she's the head surgeon's gf, which one reason he's more comfortable with her. He never even think of her during his free time on personal basis. At most she's just a co-worker, a junior & a friend, and she weight no more importance in PH's life than Nurse Min does. In his life there's only his love JH, his mom & CY. However OSH crash into PH's life & poke her nose everywhere, much to PH's annoyance. He made himself clear to her that he's not interested in her, yet she not only interferes, but also defying orders that almost cause a life just for her own selfish reason.

She probe into his home & personal stuff despite him telling her not to come & when finding him with JH she acted as if she's the victim. its okay for her to hurt her bf HJJ, but she went ballistic seeing PH with his own gf JH. For heaven sake OSH is not his anything, she's just being in love all by herself, but she keep poking into PH's love life. Even if HSH isnt JH, what is it to her if PH dates HSH? Even CY has more importance in PH's life but she knows better than to interfere, Again PH impatiently told her to mind her own business. Of cos later after he cool off he begins to worry, not so much on OSH's feeling but more that OSH wud expose HSH's real identity to the authority that he went looking for her to talk and calm her down

As for HSH & PH, I love the checking out the heartbeat hug, then the look PH gave HSH/JH for assurance, support, approval etc. At time he looks like a cute puppy wanting JH to pat his head when he did sumthing great. JH wud always happy to cheer for him in their secret way until the time she decided PH wud be better off without her & she tried to pair him off with OSH. But of cos PH knows her to well that he catch on real fast..

As for HJJ, say he's an evil whatever but I think he still is a good man with conscience despite his motive to avenge his parents death. I really think OSH is one very lucky girl that he accept her back again in the end without question. But at times I do pity OSH. She's a nice girl most of the time & a hardworking one too, however despite hes nosy quack everywhere she was still clueless to the end abt the President surgery & the premier gunshot that followed by emergency surgery done on by PH & JH

So to me, I'm very satisfy with the ending. Although they didnt make it clear but they leave clues everywhere...PH & JH fall into the river, Mr President help them as he promised but he did it very discreetly, sending JH back to China as refugee to resolve her 2 identities before bringing her back legally to SK. HJJ return from US, assuming he will return to MR hospital & OSH return back to him

lxands

said:

Hi, I just finish watching DS recently, boy was I late to join the fun...

Reason why I was so late....

~ Reading the synopsis....North Korea...bla bla bla...spy....bla bla bla...another Kings 2 Heart, too heavy for me.. #-o

~ Jin Se Yeon... action/combat/romance...Bridal Mask...Inspiring Generation...dead heroine  :-w

~ Kang Sora...WGM, cute....Dream High 2  %-(

~ Lee Jong Suk, Park Hae Jin....who??? :-?

~ comments..good drama bad ending-> unsatisfactory ending-> sucks ending~ me  ^#(^

But I still curious abt the drama since I heard it won many awards

So, I watched...cudnt stop watching...finished it in 2 days marathon...Lesson learn - Dont trust synopsis too much....NEVER read comments before watching

Unlike those comments that made me reluctant to watch, I really love the ending. For me its one of the most clean

Honestly I dun understand why some making a huge deal abt the ending just becos PH ends up with the love of his life, SJH @ HSH. I mean from beginning to the end tho initially the focus were on 2 couples, there's only one love story. PH

From the young, sweet romance to tragic love, and eventually their love turn  into a mature, selfless love. Although both were brutally separated, meeting again by chance 5 years later, once again they both share the suspense yet thrilling

All thru the years PH never once stray from his sweetheart, missing her in despair, trying all his might to look for her.

As for the other couple, HJJ

To me OSH is the one who's unfaithful to love. She's not a competent doctor to begin with but has an easy ride with a hospital's director father

Came along a talented, young

She probe into his home

As for HSH

As for HJJ, say he's an evil whatever but I think he still is a good man with conscience despite his motive to avenge his parents death. I really think OSH is one very lucky girl that he accept her back again in the end without question. But at times I do pity OSH. She's a nice girl most of the time

So to me, I'm very satisfy with the ending. Although they didnt make it clear but they leave clues everywhere...PH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

my favorite character in this drama is dr. han jae joon..

and I'm happy with the ending because it shows that dr.oh soo hyun have accepted him..

• 1 month later...

itemprop="name"7 Handsome K-drama villains who we hate to love and love to hate

via dramafever

6. Park Hae JinDoctor Stranger

For most of the show, the audience wasn't quite sure of Park Hae Jin's allegiance or motives. His character wasn't as evil like the others on this list, but he was scheming and calculating. Park also succeeded in evoking sympathy from the audience when it was revealed why he put on a masquerade. So it was great that he redeemed himself by the end of the show. (Can you tell I'm a fan of his?)

Screenshot_2014-06-17_16.42.16_2.png

Guest kyung-jin

kaiskloset said: itemprop="name"7 Handsome K-drama villains who we hate to love and love to hate

via dramafever

6. Park Hae JinDoctor Stranger

For most of the show, the audience wasn't quite sure of Park Hae Jin's allegiance or motives. His character wasn't as evil like the others on this list, but he was scheming and calculating. Park also succeeded in evoking sympathy from the audience when it was revealed why he put on a masquerade. So it was great that he redeemed himself by the end of the show. (Can you tell I'm a fan of his?)

Screenshot_2014-06-17_16.42.16_2.pngI

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

The 12 best and worst K-drama perms

by Rara Pop on Thu, Mar 12, 2015

10. Park Hoon (Lee Jong Suk) – Doctor Stranger

Dr_Stranger_1.pngDr_Stranger_2.png

Hmmm, I can't quite decide how I feel about this perm on Lee Jong Suk. On one hand, it's super fluffy and kind of outrageous. Then again, I think the style helped me quickly fall in love with Park Hoon's spunky character. Too bad the actual drama also took an outrageous approach to story telling...

Verdict: Alright 6/10

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/12-of-the-best--worst-permed-hairstyles-in-k-dramas/ 

I just finished watching this drama! This is the first time I have seen all four main leads in a drama! I love everything about this drama! It's one of the bests!

Edit

I back read about four or so pages and wow, this thread is fire! Hot, hot in here!

Hello, @sunshine4ever, nice to see you in here! I love your post on the last two episodes! Amazing! Love is complicated! Some love ends and starts over! Some love stays the same forever no matter what happens and that is what Hoon and Jae Hee's story is about!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

​9 K-drama actors who need a starring role

by Lauren Jinkerson on Thu, Mar 26, 2015

When a new K-drama series is announced, one of the most pressing questions is always "who's going to star in it?" Choosing the right actors to play the parts is a crucial element of what makes a drama successful. Sometimes we go on to watch every other show an actor has done because they were so good. Sometimes it's the secondary characters who steal the spotlight, who have us clamoring for more. We wait with bated breath to see if they're going to be the stars of the next big series. This list explores actors who have proven their skills and who we are hoping will jump into that starring role.

4. Park Hae Jin — Doctor Stranger

Screen_Shot_2015-03-25_at_2.53.58_PM.png

Park Hae Jin has consistently played some big Second Lead characters. With his youthful looks, he could easily dismissed as just another pretty face. However, he has managed to prove himself over and over again with his ability to express himself in ways that capture our hearts and make the tears stream down our faces. His roles are almost always challenging ones with more serious and complex story lines. I'd love to see him in a lead role that still holds onto some of that darkness but lets him explore the lighter, fun side of romance. He technically had a lead role in Bad Guys, but it was more of an ensemble piece rather than an individual showcase.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/9-k-drama-actors-who-need-a-starring-role/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

10 Things about K-dramas that make no sense (but we love anyway)

by Lauren Jinkerson on Thu, Apr 16, 2015

Kdramas.png 

Ever have that moment when you're watching a K-drama and you think "wait....what just happened?". Sometimes our eyes are strained from all the rolling and our voices hoarse from all the screaming. But some of the things that make the least sense (I'll use piggyback rides to the hospital as an example) are the things that make us the most deliriously happy when it happens on the screen. Here are 10 things in K-dramas that we often find ourselves rolling our eyes at but that we secretly love. 

9. Bad perms

The absolutely worst hair style in K-dramas, and it's everywhere! Both of these hairstyles speak for themselves: BAD!

Doctor Stranger: Park Hoon

Screen_Shot_2015-04-14_at_11.38.02_AM.pn

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/10-things-about-k-dramas-that-make-no-sense-but-we-love-anyway/

Archived