[Official] Kim Nam Gil & Son Ye Jin

Helena

@Ashmeister

These are Deedee’s comments from a post (here) discussing another drama of his:

Spoiler

September 24, 2017

[[[To be quite honest, his off screen rapport and chemistry with SYJ is waaaaay more stronger. Maybe because he was so open about how much he really likes her as a friend but it really came across as they had something going on. I’ve never seen him so close and in-sync with anyone in that way before. Of course there were rumours too and quite a lot of people believe they are secretly dating.

-

I actually quite loved his chemistry with SYJ not just off screen but on screen as well. As you said they had very little to work with in Shark but whatever moments they did have, I really felt the intense love they were portraying to the point where I honestly shipped Hae Woo and Yi Soo despite the infidelity aspect LOL. Even in Pirates, that one scene where he just slips so close to her and proposes in this matter of fact way… I thought their chemistry was oozing. In regards to their off screen relationship, I definitely think they dated at some point. Whether they’re still dating or I was completely wrong – I don’t know. But I thought they were too fond of each other and too comfortable/close for those rumours to be untrue...]]]]

Translations for these bts clips from Shark

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/bts-translation-shark-the-aegyo-couple

BTS TRANSLATION: SHARK…THE AEGYO COUPLE

Spoiler

Jun 16, 2013

Seriously. SYJ and KNG are beyond cute together offscreen. I again attribute it to their closeness in age – they seem to be really good buddies when the camera stops rolling. It’s like that enviable platonic friendship between two gorgeous people. It’s strange to see KNG with his slightly shy, gentle manner and aegyo when all his onscreen personas seem so dark and humourless.

The are filming the adult scene by the river. SYJ is tickled by KNG’s messed up hair and points out that a part of it is sticking out. KNG fusses over his hair and says he feels like plucking out the hair that is standing up. SYJ asks him to get it fixed, but he adorably continues to whine in a barely audible tone that the wind keeps blowing his hair out of place. Ha. He seems pretty irritated, but his mild demeanour somewhat waters down the annoyance. His hair gets blown in disarray again and the hairstylist tries to fix it, with SYJ joking that the hairstylist should do it in such a way that the hair will fly up more. 

They film the next scene quickly and SYJ comments in a low, dorky voice that they are doing a good job since they got so much filmed so quickly. KNG laughs and joins in, agreeing in a baby aegyo voice that they finished filming so fast, thus are doing really good. He pats her back and notices something stuck on it. SYJ asks whether there’s really something on her back and KNG just says her’s hair’s all tangled.

KNG gets him hair fixed for the nth time – the hairstylist should just get rid of the god-awful side parting, as his forehead’s too high for such a style. SYJ continues in her aegyo tone that they are nailing their scenes and doing so well. KNG pats her shoulder again and agrees with her in his aegyo pitch. He then suggest they go into the river and splash water all around like a victory ceremony. SYJ giggles and follows up with a sample action of what they should do. KNG catches on, saying “Well done!” and pretending to flip water up, complete with cute-sy acoustic effect. 

JUST.SO.ADORABLE. And they are all friendly touchy-feely, which is cool.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/bts-translation-shark-hug-her-like-you-know-her/

BTS TRANSLATION: SHARK…HUG HER LIKE YOU KNOW HER

Spoiler

Jun 5, 2013

Heh. I know there are people who are wanting the BTS translation of JOJ’s little Yoonie, but I thought I’ll do this first. My favourite OTP scene of Shark…so far. There hasn’t been many anyway.

KNG and SYJ are filming the scene where HW is overcome by emotion when she hears YS repeat a comment from his younger days. She doesn’t know it is the same person. KNG and SNY are getting into position when the PD tells KNG that he should hug SYJ in a way that feels as if he knows her, and not as a stranger. If you look really closely, you can see KNG slowly immersing himself, almost methodically, into character before the camera rolls. He’s looking at SYJ tenderly rather than in a detached manner…then he hugs her. And you can feel the whole mood of the scene though all you can see his KNG’s profile. Trust me, the front view is a lot better. Gotta watch the drama for the full effect.

PD yells “Cut!” and they pull apart as SYJ shakes KNG by his shirt playfully. Haha. Actually, they probably figure that should have been HW’s natural reflex reaction when YS (who is still a five-second stranger to her) embraces her. But this is a drama and everything goes, including hugging handsome strangers while your brand-new hubby is waiting inside with the rest of the wedding party. SYJ reprimands KNG in mock anger, using YS’s Japanese name.

I’ll bet all their BTS will be like that and it’s real fun to watch. I guess this happens when co-stars are around the same age and feel no need to keep the polite,respectful distance required if you’re acting with someone considerably older. This OTP is totally working for me so far.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/bts-translation-shark-kiss-slap/

Spoiler

BTS TRANSLATION: SHARK…KISS & SLAP

More Shark OTP goodies….

The first video doesn’t require a translation as we can’t hear the couple’s conversation. It’s pretty obvious they are discussing how KNG should go about smoochin’ his leading lady. And I wonder whether he bit or bruise her lip accidentally during that abrupt kiss ‘cos she’s gingerly touching it after it’s done.

It’s the slap after the kiss, and SYJ’s first attempt is deemed too weak by the PD. The second slap is better, but both KNG and SYJ burst out laughing before the PD yells “Cut!”. One of the staff comments on KNG’s messy hair, as the PD says they have to do the scene one more time because they both laughed. KNG says he felt a tingling sensation and the makeup getting swiped away during the slap. 

Credit: Newmario@Thailand

Just enjoy the gorgeous sweetness that is KNG and SYJ.

여보 yeobo

• Love 1

•  

“Son Ye Jin Is the Best!” Kim Nam Gil Surprises Movie Screening with Lively Cheers

“Son Ye Jin Is the Best!” Kim Nam Gil Surprises Movie Screening with Lively Cheers

Oct 17, 2013
by kpop1stop

Kim Nam Gil was prepared to cheer on the actress Son Ye Jin at the VIP movie screening of “The Accomplice.” The two have become friends after working together on different projects. Kim Nam Gil and Son Ye Jin filmed the KBS2 TV drama “Shark” together and are currently shooting the movie “Pirates” together.

Kim Nam Gil couldn’t hide his enthusiasm for Son Ye Jin during the VIP preview screening of “The Accomplice” that took place on October 9 at Wangsimni CGV in Seoul. Before the screening of the movie, the cast and crew of “The Accomplice” came up on stage to give their “thank you” bows. When Son Ye Jin was called to bow, she was surprised when the audience of peers and friends started cheering.

Out of all the attendees, Kim Nam Gil gave the loudest cheer as he stood up and shouted “Son Ye Jin Is the best!” After capturing people’s attention, he gave 90-degree bows to his left and right side as the crowd laughed at his excitement. Son Ye Jin responded “Thank you Nam Gil oppa” with a great big smile on her face.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:18 AM, Ashmeister said:

Kim nam gil mentions Son Yejin

at a press while promoting their movie "The Odd family: Zombie on sale"

53 minutes ago, Ashmeister said:

Kim Nam gil chooses Son ye Jin amongst his various female co stars he worked in the past

Edited by GilJin

6 minutes ago, GilJin said:

@Ashmeister

Do you know what KNG talked about SYJ in the first recent promotion of movie.

The second video: when it happened.

Thanks.

The first video I too unfortunately have no idea and in what context Son ye jin was mentioned (I did ask under the comments, if I get a reply I will post it here) however the actress who was sitting beside him is Uhm Ji Won and she is one of SYJ'S close friends who is part of the Cinderella group!

The second video was in the year 2013:)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Butterfly22 said:

Watched behind the scene think he love her pray they get back together. 

Yes, KNG took good care of YJ and now he is so successful after drama The Fiery Priest. He was a brave and very manly man.

He still mentioned SYJ’s name in a last year video. I think he still has a soft spot for SYJ.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Butterfly22 said:

Watched behind the scene think he love her pray they get back together. 

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2017/12/11/cool-crush/amp/

This is a perspective of a fan, I think we all are in agreement he definitely had something for her! Those public gestures are no joke, he didn't fear his image etc he was so forthright with his admiration and love for her!

From my observation I find Kim nam gil is a very humble, down to earth,kind and humorous person he has literally worked his way up to become a star he is now!

He hasn't been involved in any relationship as of now and is very much single so is Son ye Jin hope they can find their way back together:wub:

Hi i hope i won't get lynched for asking some questions which i think i will get lynched for if i were to bring them up in another thread.. :tounge_wink:

I hope I can learn something here.

To be honest, I am really quite neutral as to which star SYJ ends up with.. i mean as long as she's happy, that's the most important right? 

So i am just asking out of curiosity, cos i really don;t know as much as some of you here who have been shipping this couple?

It's been at least seven years since KNG and SYJ were paired up as an offscreen couple after their last collaboration, why do you still feel it's possible that they get back together?  And that they should.. 

Thanks for sharing your insights and enlightening me. 

31 minutes ago, closetserialaddict said:

Hi i hope i won't get lynched for asking some questions which i think i will get lynched for if i were to bring them up in another thread.. :tounge_wink:

To be honest, I am really quite neutral as to which star SYJ ends up with.. i mean as long as she's happy, that's the most important right? 

So i am just asking out of curiosity, cos i really don;t know as much as some of you here who have been shipping this couple?

It's been at least seven years since KNG and SYJ were paired up as an offscreen couple after their last collaboration, why do you still feel it's possible that they get back together?  And that they should.. 

They had recently been offered the second installment of The Pirate's a movie which they had worked together previously, it was a super successful movie however both of them turned down working for the sequel

https://koreancelebgossip.blogspot.com/2019/04/korean-artist-kim-nam-gil-rejects-bid.html?m=1

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/03/kwon-sang-woo-lee-kwang-soo-also-in-talks-for-the-pirates-2-with-kang-na-neul

As for the future no one knows, both of them are tremendous actors and I really hope we can see them sharing a screen either big/small (drama or movie), it's been 7 years and both of them have matured as an actor/person and are on top of their game, with their acting prowess the project will be a sure shot success!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, closetserialaddict said:

For me the reason is that YJ mentioned she wanted to get married before she turns 34 in an interview (match the time when there was dating rumors about SYJ and KNG), but it did not go her way.

So, I want to believe that they could not settle down at that time because KNG might have wanted to focus more on his career and was not ready for marriage.

Until now both of them have a very successful career and still single. KNG may still have a soft spot for SYJ and still mentioned her name in an interview last year.

He took good care of her, can make her laugh and both are still single. So I hope they can find a way back together.

• Like 1