Soompi Forums Holiday Present Hunt! (Yes, we're back!)

melkimx

Guest dianarivera

@melkimx What does "nest in" mean? I know the meaning of nest but "nest in" is a kind of expression or what? (English is not my first language). 

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lordbordem

It's an American idom to "build a nest" or in most other cases, it just means "to settle in."

melkimx is forgetting that some of us don't come from the land of the free and bald headed eagles  8->

Guest lordbordem

Don't think so. I'm guessing it's just a word puzzle of some sort. Probably an activity that involves doing these things

lordbordem said: It's an American idom to "build a nest" or in most other cases, it just means "to settle in."

melkimx is forgetting that some of us don't come from the land of the free and bald headed eagles  8-> why do people say that? most americans, myself included, have never seen a bald-headed eagle. anymore than you guys have ever seen a drop bear

Guest lordbordem

You have seriously never seen a bald headed eagle??crying_bald_eagle_cgb.jpg

At least these things are much more common than a drop bear. Those things only appear in front of tourists. 
Edit:
I'm guessing by the fact that you haven't corrected me, that the "nest in" idiom is actually correct? 

The hint doesn't have anything to do with the knowledge of English though.You can do the same thing probably with the most of the languages if not all.
If it's okay to give another little hint, pay attention to the coma(,)s also.Good luck everyone!

I want to help you guys since I know how frustrating it is and that it gives you a headache when you think too much,but I bet I'm not the only one who found it and if I give too much away, people who already found it will feel that it's unfair.
So I'll just say one last thing, hoping it would count as a "gentle hint".
Think of those 3 things separately and I would suggest you start from the shortest one.

Archived