What was your favorite Drama or Live Action Movie based on Manga, Manhwa, or Anime?

Guest supernovah

Guest supernovah

There are lots of drama or live action movies based on manga, manhwa, or anime out there.

I wonder if everyone have their favorites.

For me, actually, If it comes from manga, I will be waiting for the anime. Because sometimes, i don't feel the same vibe when they turned it to live, such as drama or movies.
But if i were to choose, I love Tokyo Love Story, Hana Yori Dango, Nodame Cantabile, Highschool Debut, Hana Kimi, and Casshern.

Guest kujaichi

That's easy: Rurouni Kenshin, definitely Rurouni Kenshin <3

I've never seen a better live action adaptation and I can't wait for the sequels.

for me, i love both live action and anime such as detective conan, sailormoon, you are my pet, and many more

in my country, there is movie called 47 rorouni..im not so sure whether it was from manga or not..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jiminshii

theres a korean drama called "mischievous kiss" that was originated from the manga called "itazura na kiss".the korean drama is better, however the anime/manga isn't that bad either :D oh and there's also a Japanese drama based on the manga, "itazura na kiss" too. i think its called "love in Tokyo":) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LIFE a thirteen episode drama based on a manga by Keiko Suenobu about bullying and friendship and standing up for yourself. I loved it! Good dramatic moments and lovely music.

I also liked Attention Please which is based on a manga by Chieko Hosokawa about a flight attendant in training.

I also enjoyed the first season of Liar Game but it might not be everyone's cup of tea :)

Oh and the Kimi ni Todoke, Koukou Debut and Lovely Complex movies. I love all three of these shoujo mangas with their authentic doki doki shoujo bubble moments.The movies are a really funny/cute adaption.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chibiottoman

For the live action one, I can say Rurouni Kenshin, as my favorite one.  And indeed, Usagi drop was a fine one too. Um, then, haha would you like to watch something that wouldn't worth and would give you the feeling of "ah, goodness! this was a fine one!"  <Mushishi> I don't know if the manga one is also like that one, but it really made me regret watching.

Anyway, um, for the drama one, I couldn't come up with a name. I guess there are a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

• [*]
ITAKISS (from 1996 version until ITAKISS LIT-2 !! nvr get bored of that series)
[*]Boku Wa Tomodachi Movie (i always admire Sena's character from manga/anime, so i'd like to recommended this one)
[*]Nodame Cantabile[*]Goong / Princess Hours[*]Hanayori Dango (only japanese version of Hanayori Dango that facsinated me)[*]My Pretend Girlfriend Movie, still upcoming, adapted from novel "Momose, kotchi wo muite" by Eichi Nakata. Daily Lives of Highschool Boys Movie, still looking forward for subbers,looks so much fun and worth to watch!Paradise Kiss MovieYamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge !! so damn funny !! the four flower guys is also catch my eyes. Atashinchi no Danshi X333Full House Korea and Thailand ! love this series.........