[Taiwanese Drama 2013] In A Good Way 我的自由年代 (Extended to a total of 26 episodes)

c_gunawan541

Hello everyone! AHHHHHH, I am so very very glad for a thread to spazz. Because everyone else I am talking to is not watching the drama, so to them, I am just like this:
tumblrm3wvg0egpi1rsdv5xs.gif

And knowing that I am here among fellow shippers to suffer with as we wait for Friday to come...for the next...SEVENTEEN WEEKS (granted if the series is going to be 21 episodes). OH GAWD MY HEART. Me, and I am sure many of us look like this: tumblrm2dkpmpwcy1qegw8v.gifI am so glad, and want to first of all thank @c_gunawan541 for creating this thread. You are a life savior for this ship now. Thank you. I love the discussions you gals have, so I am definitely going to be butting in to spazz so we can all suffer together. 
Let's see, so I got into the drama thanks to my dear friend, @smileamiably. Though I think really, you just wanted me to suffer with you. So...here I am. Kidding. Thank you so much for recommending me this!!!
Anyways, I first read the synopsis, and didn't realize until you gals mentioned it was an older written synopsis from Ms. Koala's blog. I went in thinking oh, it is somewhat going to be like "Answer Me, 1997" which I really loved! But when I started, the drama didn't start off in the present, and flash back. It just started with the story. I stuck around, wondering if this would be a worth it, because it's been sooooo long since I've watched, or given Taiwanese dramas a chance. I am so glad I did. This so far, though just only four episodes, has SURPASSED my expectations, which my friends often tease, is too high. But see, that's the good thing with it, because when a very awesome drama comes a long, it's like BAM! ALL THE FEELS! 

To begin, like many of you, I absolutely love love love the theme song. It is so well done, and makes me reminisce on my college years, and it's such an uplifting song that seems to capture the nostalgia of youth and journey of self discovery. I can't wait for the release of the whole song! :D
From the start, I think Jia En was so well done of a character portraying this side of the "country girl" soon to learn about a bigger world out there ahead of her. Kirsten Ren is phenomenal natural in this role. It is ADORBS! It was just really endearing. I was intrigued when RW did change her application, and caused her to not be accepted. And for a nice change, it wasn't anything intentional. BUT STILL WRONG OF HIM BY THE WAY! >.< hahahaha. Then slowly, for the first time in forever in a drama, the development that is slow, but REAL! It has this realism about relationships that are so human! The leads aren't falling in love ASAP, with one already pining after the other, thank gawd! Instead there is this friendship/ student mentor relationship that slowly takes time to build and unravel before leading us up to a blossoming romance between our leads! Can't talk about this without our leading man, Liu Chuan! He is perfection. Though he is so perfect so far, I am sure, and hope with great writing, we'll get to see more about him, backstory and all! There's more to him that meets the eye I bet. But Lego does a smashing jobs with his eyes in the scenes. OMGAWD! He says so much with his eyes, while saying nothing at all. Yet his glances/gazes just convey so much emotions. I adore and love Liu Chuan's character in this drama. It's absolutely refreshing, because I can't remember the last time a leading hero in a drama was written without having be a jerk, dirtbag, or playboy of sorts who eventually changes because of the main heroine. NOPE! In here, our hero is not only sweet and smart, but also compassionate. It's quite evident in the way he went about teaching Jia En as her tutor. I am sure our leading gal will help him grow along the way, but really, Liu Chuan is written in a very endearing way that you can't help but just love him from the get go! 
The other characters are all so lovable too. They have their flaws, but no one is purely manipulative or evil, at least not yet. And so the characters have more depth because they just feel human like everyday beings we encounter! 
So um, the spazzing...lemme just say, it didn't' happen right away, because I was so caught up with just relationships being established by the characters, especially our leading couple. Their friendship was just adorable. When watching, you just knew something would eventually happen, but for now, just to revel in them getting to know each other and having this friendship. THENNNNNN, the later of episode three started, LC asked JE if she wanted to go to that concert and they go! <3 Then the time jump, which I thought was very well done! Because I guess I understood the need for JE to cut off things to learn and grow, and I think because LC said to her at one point that now it seems she's clinging onto him (LC) yea...that would embarrass me too, and make me want to hide. But JE's character handled it so well, and so strong. She's just so positive and vibrant, lighting up the screen with her demeanor. So when episode 4 happened, and they had the chance encounter to meet each other again. GAWD! When they got paired to go off on the treasure hunt, I knewww something would happen that would bring our couple together though. And it did when JE raced to the mountain to find the treasure on her own. Then I think the official spazzing began when she got the message on the phone, moments later when LC rode up the mountain! Everything was a domino effect after that and hit the spot so hard with LC calling only find JE on the other line. Then going back to his dorm to call her after their initial conversation. This is really how spot on conversations start off when people seem to get to know each other more it feels! It's natural, awkward, but so refreshing during this scene! I was all giggles! py2.gif
And even though we know have to endure each week for an episode, like many of you girls here, I know we're already shipping them so hard already. This drama is sooooooo promising, that I hope it won't fall short at the very end! So fellow IAGWers, we're in this together! Thanks for reading through my ramblings, and hope to see you again soon so we can ship already! Because gawd we all know, LC and JE are totally meant to be!tumblrm37px6afiy1qh1l3k.gif

NOW DRAMA, please don't disappoint! :x

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miss Koala's Ep4 Recapshttp://koalasplayground.com/2013/12/08/in-a-good-way-episode-4-recap/

I also updated the main page with BTS and link to the rare BTS from IAGW's official facebook page in spoilers, go check it out!

Official facebook page of IAGW had gained over 90k fans which is incredible considering only 4 episodes were aired!!!The popular tw-dramas that finished its run usually have about 200k fans and it's usually 20+ episodes to gain this number.So, I'm hoping that IAGW facebook page will gain even more than 200k fans after the end of its run.Other dramas in the same time slot only gained about 50k fans even though they've more episodes aired than IAGW. 
1415146_686914281342583_1889787371_o.png

Some stills posted in their facebook page:1402425_685712258129452_1262741111_o.jpg

1450739_685715668129111_915517993_n.jpg
1486849_685715918129086_153772467_n.jpg
988376_685716034795741_1083138696_n.jpg
1497677_685716171462394_1501254517_n.jpg
1489071_685716301462381_1955011767_n.jpg
903910_685716471462364_1785297824_o.jpg
1425654_685716621462349_58484081_n.jpg
1441325_685716778129000_2035400318_n.jpg
1424518_685716898128988_801474119_n.jpg
1238095_685717038128974_637870890_n.jpg
553127_685717154795629_830359453_n.jpg
1492335_685723454794999_1331088447_o.jpg
977399_685723558128322_738549459_o.jpg
1495335_685723644794980_1100637931_o.jpg
1294447_685724008128277_1068445580_o.jpg
1485964_685724281461583_1681999431_o.jpg
737280_685724408128237_534081491_o.jpg
1039579_685944524772892_1972378506_o.jpg
1501243_686657591368252_772851574_o.jpg

Edit: YAY for PAGE 3!!
=========================
I'm glad that there's more and more fans joining us for discussion, let's spazz together!!Ep 4 HD video is still not out yet and it should be out by tomorrow then I'll upload it to my blog :P So for time being, let's just rewatch the lower quality video for Chuan En's interaction.
God, this drama makes me feel like a fanatic over Chuan En's interaction, they're too cute for words!!! 
@xuanxuan12: Yay for another fan! Hopefully you'll be more active in joining the discussion.Too much coincidences don't bother me as long as we get more OTP interactions
@alovenote: It's totally crazy that the cast are having a hard time in dealing with the cold weather and they're only wearing summer thin clothings. But that's the life of a professional actors/actresses. I don't really care about whether RongYi ends up together in real life as long and Chuan En OTP have a good run and ending in IAGW. Hahaha~ 
I wanna see a jealous Liu Chuan in the future!
@-quiescent: I know right!? waiting for a weekly drama is a painful process!
@smileamiably: The trademark of our main OTP is their cute yet natural interactions that makes all heart feel tingly. :)
@clauric: Taiwanese dramas do tend to be overly exaggerated but there were definitely some gems last year and this year..I think our main OTP have one of the best chemistry in TW-dramaland to date!
@miu07: Welcome to the thread!!
@Artheusa: I never want to post the old sypnosis in this thread before because I know it'll bound to confuse many people so I'm glad Miss Koala's cleared that out for you guys. Especially the 33 episodes rumor is just ridiculous and that number came from a reputable chinese video site (coincidentally the place where i get my hd videos of IAGW) which frustrates me to no end because viewers are misled.
@ Emerald Snow: I saw the screencaps of Yong Shi Men, the drama where RongYi starred together but they weren't a couple so I didn't bother to check it out. Anyways, all this coincidences is just saying that our main OTP is fated to be. I'll pray to the drama gods to make this drama a good one till the end.
@autuymnrain: I love all those gifs you posted!! I also think that Jia En is a well written character and she's definitely the character that have grown the most out of our main leads. 

Ooh... I found a new trailer for ep 5... 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et7goH_7SMo

I can't wait for Friday!
Quick translation, not 100% accurate, but mostly there:
Jia En: I don't really know how to dance the girl's part. I only know how to dance the guy's.
Teacher: Is there a male student who is willing to take the make-up test with Jia En?
Liu Chuan: Teacher, I'll do the make-up test with her.
[dance practice bit]
Liu Chuan: It's Thursday tomorrow. Do you still remember what we have to practice?
Jia En: Sure, we have to practice dance.

@galen15: OMG, it made me so giddy and your translation is accurate :)I'll help post it into a video format in soompi. (You just have to click share from the youtube video and copy the url and paste it onto the post)
Ep5 NEW Previewhttp://youtu.be/Et7goH_7SMo
Ep5 FULL preview (Basically just a combination of both previews)

The BGM in the new video preview is the song "為愛癡狂 (Crazy for love)" by Rene Liu.It was also reported that Lim Giong's song "向前走" will be one of the new BGMs for IAGW.
This is the song that was in the preview.

New BTS from Entertainment news 完全娛樂

Thank you @c_gunawan541 for creating this thread. I love this drama. Also love the ost so much. Do you know where I can find 'I see the rainbow, I see you" song? Also,what is the song playing in the background when Jia En types on her keyboard at the end of episode 4? Thanks a lot.

hahahaha I am glad you enjoyed the gifs @c_gunawan541, and cereally, thank you for bringing the goodies to us here! :] And thank you @smileamiably for emailing me first thing in the morning. I see we got our priorities right. HAHAHAHA
AHHH, the skinship that is about to happen in episode 5...it's only Monday too. the agony! and I really want the full song to listen to as well. This is us. :(tumblr_mt7zkpbIk21rqfhi2o1_500.gif

For the sake of convenience, I'm compiling all of IAGW's BGMs and songs into a youtube playlist.
Full OST Youtube Playlist: http://goo.gl/oKKfXo(NOTE: Full version of opening and ending song is not out yet)
I always make use of this playlist to repeat the BGMs as they remind me of ChuanEn couple.
@mimi26: The song "I see the rainbow, I see you" is 彩虹的你 (The Rainbow in You) by 陳昇 (Bobby Chen) and the BGM when Jia En is typing on the keyboard is 然而 (However) by 陳昇 (Bobby Chen), It's all posted in the "OST" section of the 2nd post in the first page, Click the spoiler button to search for it.
@autuymnrain: All of the BGMs full song is out, I posted on the first page, second post. However, the full version of opening song and ending song is not out yet. Edit: There's no announcement of release date yet but usually TW-dramas OSTs are only released after the show had broadcast at least half of its run.

Guest LeticiaR

Hi everyone, I'm usually a lurker but decided to jump in and post for the first time.  A little background on me: I'm K drama obsessed but for some reason other than Answer me 1994 I'm not feeling any other Kdrama right now.  Usually when I'm in that mood I turn to T-drama.  I only have 3 other watched T drama under my belt so I'm a novice.  My expectations are usually lower for Tdrama than Kdrama, but I do enjoy that T dramas seems to have a realness that you don't get with Kdramas.  When a couple hugs...they hug (each person actively hugging back), and there are some serious issues that are tackled like unwed pregnancy, miscarriage, abortions, rape. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I did have my reservations on this drama but I gave it my 2 episode limit and it hooked me from ep 1.  I'm so interested in the character growth.  I'm so glad that LiuChen is not a self-absorbed, bad boy jerk.  And that Bai Xue Fen is not the typical "I look and act sweet but I'm evil as all get-out" second lead.  I love the disconnection of how people on campus perceive Bai Xue Fen but we see those small kind gestures she gives the freshman girls.  Jia En seems like she may be new to acting but she is doing a great job convincing me of her youth and innocence.  

I think that is enough for now, I had to get it out my system seeing that I have absolutely no one to fangirl with on this drama (or any drama for that matter.. it is a sad, sad fact of my life).

P.S. I'm so glad we transitioned to "letting" Jia En "grow out" her hair.. All that hair pinning was for the birds and so very distracting.

I don't know if this video has been posted or not, but it's a clip of them singing Dui Mian De Nu Hai Kan Guo Lai while promoting the drama.  These 4 are so frickin adorable in real life!  It doesn't hurt that both guys seem to sing really well.  I'm just surprised that Lego doesn't remember all the lyrics to this popular song so he needs a little note to remind him lol.  And I think he lends it to Rong Rong later?  The part where they start singing the chorus and weren't on beat with the band was hilarious LOL.

While Bai Xue's character is definitely having some moments, I still feel she's a bit on the boring side.  Hopefully Ren Wei continues to make her more interesting.  The actress for her is so much more fun BTS.  It actually seems that the rest of the cast defers to her whenever they do introductions...she does seem a bit more mature than the rest IRL.

Guest Nutellla

I'm just going to sit here and spazz in the corner... I feel so happy when I have all of you amazing people feeding me links after links
AND YES, MY HARD EXAMS ARE OVER SO I CAN BE HERE FOREVER <333
P.S. You guys might recognise me better as Nutella XD

Guest -quiescent

Honestly guys, what the heck are we going to do until Friday?At least I've got Prime Minister and I on Mon/Tue but still :((
Thank you sooooooo much @c_gunawan541 as always. 
I'm so happy that ockoala is doing recaps. I've watched episode 4 three times already. Once with raw,  then with 75% eng subbed and then again with 100% eng subbed at Viki. 

OMG!!! The preview is so AWESOME \m/ . Friday can't come soon enough...About their BBS conversation, do you think that liu chuan is aware that sky is actually jia en? 

yay updates!! hehe! thanks for link updates. and thanks @c_gunawan541 for the bgm playlist. love the musics they have for the drama. hopefully they'll release the full opening and ending song soon and can't wait to put it on repeat ahhh!! XD 
Love watching BTS videos of the cast. They all seem to be having so much fun! Wish I could understand it without subs.
What we gonna do until Friday comes XD I've just been rewatching the episodes over and over to get my fill!! 

EP 5 Video Preview HD Official Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=687951671238844
Ep4 RAW HD: http://wp.me/s2tDC3-hdiagwdl
I finally get my hands on ep4 HD and been rewatching the gorgeous high quality video just to see every single inch of Liu Chuan's expression when it comes to Jia En..GOSH!!! All these butterflies in my stomach is driving me crazy!!I'm using this update as an excuse to screencap these gorgeous people.

ibyuHM7Pzzml7s.JPG
iWiAHKSboKD8d.JPG

i2xwiDlNCrjsR.JPG
ibjXdMCDpkjAZ4.JPG
izbseqaYseuEg.JPG
ibdIjjrYTzG2K.JPG
ibpP3k9f28LZEt.JPG
idOJZE5D4cidr.JPG
iNzNgUKhIRYu5.JPG
iMXBJ4Hl2t6LV.JPG
ibq0J0FKaD4GKY.JPG
igpdtXAjisGtf.JPG