[Taiwanese Drama 2013] In A Good Way 我的自由年代 (Extended to a total of 26 episodes)

c_gunawan541

Welcome Jaywalkers and dramafana to the IAGW fan spazzing thread!!
======================
Fan pictures

It seems like Jia En is wearing a gown and Liu Chuan is in a formal blouse.
Hmmm.... maybe a campus ballroom dancing coming up next??
Because from facebook updates, It seems like Bai Xue and Ren Wei are practicing their dance as well.

iNH2uFk6YKkz2.jpg
iYBN7B4IbpKlP.jpg
Credits: marusis1014 & lakewayyyy's instagrams

Facebook Updates

First, I have to say, "Congratulations to Ren Wei for finally getting a chance to spend more time with his goddess, Bai Xue!!!" Hahaha~Now, I can't wait for ChuanEn couple's dance scene, just from the thought of it makes me flutter!
ibsOMrb3zomBJw.jpg

This is our Rong Rong (Kirsten) bundled up as the weather turns chilly, she's so adorable in real life and in IAGW.1476711_334321746709037_506282857_n.jpg

Notice this shirt that she's wearing?? It's the one in the new preview for ep5 when she's dancing with Liu Chuan... Can't wait!

irOpYIPTw9MlI.jpg

1455925_332595070215038_869549706_n.jpg
1477863_332595080215037_737344200_n.jpg
1458680_332595096881702_707861133_n.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahhh!! the picture update is killing me XP Just three more days... Friday come faster!!!
I was actually wondering if they were going to do some campus dance or ball or something. and yay we are getting it, and LC is going to see JE all pretty pretty (though she is already). But can't wait for more expression from LC hahah I also wonder if it is going to happen in ep 5 or more likely in ep 6?

Yeah I really hope it doesn't because then that would really change the mood of the story right now.  Jia En was very attached to Ren Wei in the beginning because he was really the only friend she had, but now that she's grown a bit and is no longer clinging onto him, I'd rather see her story with Liu Chuan develop without any third parties interfering.  Then it'd be like your typical boring Taiwanese drama.  And hopefully Bai Xue stays sweet like now...we really have too much of the second female lead being catty and annoying. 

^ I absolutely agree, Emerald Snow. I think it'd be really refreshing to see BX not be catty...even though it could be fun! HAHAHA. But then I wonder if they'll give her more to her character, because right now, she is kinda...flat? I guess we'll have to see. I do hope the drama focuses on JE's and LC's relationship without a thirdie involved though, because that would give the term conflict a new meaning. Rarely do dramas go into just conflicts about relationships/growing and nourished from a relationship, because the drama can focus on the conflict with a third person love interest of sorts. 
Okay, can we start something to keep spazzing so we don't suffer counting down till Friday? Though I think regardless, we're still suffering!

cs.gif

OH! How about a discussion to keep things going?
Which scene did you spazz the most over our OTP within the last four episodes? 
For me: When JE found the treasure, made the call, and thennnnnnnn who do you see riding up into the mountains with this super heartfelt expression? LC! THISSS!!!
s7dp.jpg

gmh.gif 

That's kind of hard for me to just choose one scene XD especially from episode 4.. but i guess it would have to be the telephone conversation between them when LC called JE from the dorms. it was just too cute for me haha especially when they were asking each other what they were doing LOL.

Aside from episode 4, I don't know why, but I liked the scene where LC told JE that he will take her to the concert in ep 3. who wouldn't fall for a guy like him. hehe!!

I also agree from what was said about no third parties interfering and such and like mentioned, it would be typical and cliche. hopefully it doesn't go that route XD

Yes ommmgggg that scene was just awwwwwwwww.  There are just way too many ChuanEn scenes to pick from, and it's only been 4 episodes!

One of my favorite scenes of them so far is in episode 3 where after that great motorcycle ride around the city to get to the concert, they get off the bike and he grabs her hand to run into the venue.  Too cute!  I really can't imagine Liu Chuan doing that with any other girl except Jia En.  Picture credits to Miss Koala.

IAGW3mp4_003761323.jpg

And latest pictures of our OTP, straight from FB!

From 我的自由年代 FB page

1471770_688459484521396_662692443_n.jpg

好閃!! 小編看這兩人逛街逛的根本就像在一起嘛~
工作人員也受不了中毒了啦~~~解藥在哪???

From Lego Li's FB page

1454994_712987878712313_1850600792_n.jpg

最近不自覺暴牙(誤)
是露出門牙,我找到原因了。L.L

From Rong Rong's FB page

1470291_334482273359651_20373043_n.jpg

早上出門時蓬頭垢面的下樓,鄰居出電梯時對我說「你演的戲好好看」!又感動又不好意思的謝謝她後,電梯門關上,我才想到應該要問問她究竟是《流川親衛隊》還是《嘉恩鄉民特攻隊》的一員呢?
倒數兩天⋯

How adorable are they in real life?  They KNOW that they have a lot of fans shipping them onscreen and offscreen, and I think they're milking it.  I honestly don't think anything is going on between them, but they're still so cute!

I translated the detailed character description of IAGW in english and posted them on my blog.Be sure to check it out as there may be some hints about what's coming up next!

Translated Full Characters Description (Include Side Characters):
http://wp.me/p2tDC3-7a

Which scene did you spazz the most over our OTP within the last four episodes? 

To join you guys for discussion... this will be my answer.. hahaha 
I was spazzing like crazy for this scene, the way he looks at her tickles me and it made me squirm in joy.

ibdIjjrYTzG2K.JPG
ibyuHM7Pzzml7s.JPG

News Clip 

Our RongYi couple hanging out in an antique exhibition (where they exhibits stuffs from the 90s). They each made a gift to each other with Lego carved "sky" (Jia En's online id) on the metal plate and Kirsten carved "3631" (Liu Chuan's online id). Lego even helped Kirsten to put on a necklace, so much cuteness!!!

Awwww he put a necklace on for her!  How adorable!  And matching plaid shirts too.  This couple is going to be the death of me.  Actually the reason I don't think they have anything going on IRL is because of how chummy they are with each other.  You can't see them being shy or awkward at all...if I really like someone, I don't think I can behave that naturally and playfully around him.  Regardless, I still love it that they're close in real life.  Better than nothing!

Let's get going with discussions!  I think from the preview of episode 5, their little riff probably happened before her dance test.  I could see them acting a bit different when he volunteered to help her...perhaps she's trying to get over the iffy feelings from when he snapped back at her.  I also don't think he realized that Jia En was Sky until he ran into her at the breakfast spot.  Any thoughts?

I just made an account as well, couldn't just sit back and read all the comments with my inner fan going crazy! :')I should be studying for finals right now, but iagw's been at the back of my mind ahh SO HARD TO RESIST, Jia En & Liu Chuan have amazing chemistry on and off screen, shipping them so hard haha
FRIDAY NEEDS TO COME FASTER, HAVEN'T BEEN THIS ADDICTED TO A DRAMA IN SO LONG, the last taiwanese drama i watched was "Just You" which was your typical boy meets girl, iagw's a refreshing change! "Sitting at the edge of my seat, anticipating episode 5"
THANK GOD THERE'S 30 OR SO EPISODES, MORE PROGRESSION, MORE PLOT TWISTS, MORE ENDEARING "MOMENTS", and like many of you have expressed already: "i'm praying that iagw doesn't somehow nosedive into a sappy, predictable all too familiar..."

I'm also thinking that when he told her to mind her own business, it happened before the dance test as well. There seems to be some awkwardness, like if they were on good terms, he would be already next to her and would have volunteered at a heartbeat, but instead, he was like across the room and there was a pause before he volunteered since no one else did. So the dance practice would be the thing that breaks the ice between them after the incidence. I also wonder if he is going to realize that JE is Sky after the breakfast spot encounter or would he think it's a mere coincidence? 
Saw the video earlier this morning, and I also noticed the matching plaid shirts XD they are just oh so cute!! 

My favorite spazz moment was when LC was looking at JE in the concert. At that moment LC started to realize how alluring JE as a person.  At that moment also, he was able to let himself go to have fun with JE and enjoy the moment. Oh man, you are right, there are lots of moments that make this show so endearing.
I'm so glad to see that JE is written as a strong independent girl who is not afraid of letting go and try to do things differently and explore life instead of being the usual heroine who are whinny, pouty, and too ignorant to figure life out. And LC.... ah the dude is starting to let himself be interested or to feel. I agree with you @c_gunawan541, I hope that character is going to be developed more. I want to see more of how JE will effect LC, not only in the love life but in other aspect.
Two days do not come soon enough. I 

Yes there was an awful lot of Liu Chuan staring at Jia En during the concert scene, like he was mesmerized by how happy she was at the concert.  I think he definitely was attracted to her at that point.  Too bad the good news he got after the concert was her wanting to be independent and leading to their 1 year of barely any contact.  Very smooth of Jia En, lol.  I think the time jump was a good thing for them because certainly in his case, it made him realize how much he missed her, evident by how he still kept her note on his desk after all this time.  At first I was really afraid of how Jia En was switching from clinging onto Ren Wei to clinging onto Liu Chuan, and even he was picking up on that.  It was his switch joke that probably made her back off...my baby boy I wonder if you regret ever saying that to her.  I am glad though that she got some alone time to be by herself, though in her voiceover it seemed like she regret for overcompensating during that point.

ymbt.jpg

Picture taken from drama's baidu tieba.  It's their BTS for the dance practice.  How cute!  Rong Rong actually made fun of Lego's dancing and asked him if he was playing around.  He was embarrassed and said that he is already trying his best.  Even though he is great at sports, he's not much of a dancer.  Look at how serious he looks in comparison to her haha.

More matching clothes sigh.

loving all the posts in this thread...it helps with torture of waiting....

i just love my otp...like people had mention LC is not the typical bad boy jerk male lead...he is nice, smart almost perfect...but he is still mysterious because you still wonder he doesn't date hehehe..and JE she may be innocent but they didn't make her character a complete country airhead chick...

like i like the part that she still keeps her distance from LC when he mentioned she may be clinging to him..i just like how she kept it cool and decided to be more independent--it made me feel like this is something a girl would do to keep her pride-very realistic...

LC-JE scenes give me the butterfly feelings...and i love the execution of the scenes..when you think about their phone convo it is so simple yet the impact is there--it took us back at that time when we had our first phonecall w/ the person we liked..

and honestly i haven't had the urge to skip parts..usually when i watch tw dramas i have this urge to fastforward scenes especially when they are fillers..but this drama i manage to enjoy scenes that are not otp related.

@clauric, your name sounds so familiar. Were you ever a soeul shipper by any chance? I just thought I had seen that name before in that thread...hahaha. Anyways, I love what you said about the execution of the scene between LC and JE when they first talked on the phone. It was indeed "simple yet the impact is there" as you mentioned. Hits you right in the feels, doesn't it? It was really powerful! 
Yes, what you mentioned about JE being strong, and having her dignity and pride when she kept her distance and wanted to be independent after LC mentioned she might be clinging to him now instead of RW. I love that. It's like "YOU GO GIRL!" :)
and @c_gunawan541, thank youuuuuu for fixing the sub links! <3

Thank you @c_gunawan541 for translating the characters description...i was drawn to this drama even before knowing the characters...so based on the description LC is supporting himself now since his politician family disapproved on the path he chose....very interesting!

i kinda like the fact that JE confronted LC in regards to his secret...yeah a bit too quick for JE to be snooping around...but perhaps in this way we will see LC shaken since he is used to get things under control.i think with JE around and her own way of thinking-LC is able to see a point of view that's different from his since people have not confronted or question him because he is the perfect guy.

Archived