SECRET funs!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahnyeong Chingus!
Long time no see.  Still haven't gotten over my two favorite dramas of 2013 - Secret and IHYV - and have been repeat watching both during this holiday season.
Fast-forwarded through a 2011 drama (50 ep) called A Thousand Kisses and cried buckets during the last 5 eps.  Could easily have been a 30-ep series, so you know it tended to drag quite a bit between I would say eps 25 - 40.  Good acting all round though.
My rating for this drama: 7/10 only because of its strong start and end. Otherwise a 6 or 6.5.

I was channel surfing this morning while waiting to catch live on KBSWorld this evening the broadcast of the Drama Awards - GO SECRET! - and came across a drama called Who Are You (16 ep from tvN) and it looks VERY interesting - there is the supernatural (the heroine sees spirits like Big Sun in Master's Sun although she doesn't richardsimmons in her pants over that) and uses her "third eye" to solve cases with a fellow detective.  Will be watching this into the new year.  Has anyone else watched it and is it worth a viewing?  Ratings for it are extremely low, 1+%, but that isn't surprising since tvN is cable, right?  I loved Padam Padam with Han Jimin and its ratings were low too - another cable station.

Edited to add: OK, now watching from start online - I stand corrected: Heroine does richardsimmons in her pants a lot somewhat because of the ghosts, although not as bad as Big Sun's lack of sleep, hanging garlic at her front door, all sorts of religious idols in her home to protect her, etc bad. Tranquilizers will travel.

@wiscpenn
Who are you is one of my favorites.

I followed the SBS awards today and dropped by the Secret thread to see who won awards..They did really well according to the Detectives still in the thread.

@lovelybluehoneyz get plenty of zzzzzz..

Happy New Year to you guys, chat you in 2014!!!!

So I am catching up on Bel AMI and have a total headache...so far this is what I got and someone please confirm if you can..I will put it in spoiler in case you have not seen yet.

Dokgo Ma Te thought he was the son of the Chairman but he is actually the son of Na Hong Ran his wife. She abandoned him when she married the Chairman maybe or before.

Choi David is the son from the Chairman and someone else that he walked away from (abandoned) when he married Na Hong Ran.
They have one son together.. who Na Hong Ran was trying to oust from the board but younger bro (who he never knew about used Chairman dads shares to stop it.)

Chairman later calls him to meet older bro who is stunned to meet this younger brother but seems happy to meet him. Choi David seems to want to take things slow and not push the issue.

Dokgo Ma Te thought he was the son of the Chairman and thus the half brother of Choi David maybe until Na Hong Ran tells him the truth at the end of the last episode.

If I calculated it right they are brothers.. they share one brother between them the older brother who is the son of the Chairman and Na Hong Ran... correct? ohh my head!!!

Hong Yu Ro is the ex wife of the older brother who is the son of the Chairman and Chairwoman and she has a grudge against Na Hong Ran for causing the son to divorce her.

Marathoned through WAY. Rating (at the most): 8/10
There are some huge holes I tried overlooking and even though they did not disrupt the flow of the story, they are distracting.  I also can't seem to get over the looks of the lead, Taecyeon of 2PM.  He looks fine when he doesn't smile, but when he shows teeth, I'm so, so sorry to say, he looks like a rat with his overbite, and his ears.  Kinda like ratboy without the whiskers.  Sorry! I can't help it.  He's a ps candidate to pin back his ears and correct his overbite.  Once that's done, this guy will be gorgeous, imho, since he already has the height, the bod, and the build.

Heard good things about Cruel City and Ugly Alert.  So may catch those next. Any opinions on them?

OH DEAR...i am watching prime minister and i episode 9 raw and my heart is going to drop soon...crazy monkey 003i hope chief kang has a change of heart..
confession: i am really not into Yoona but i have to give her credit for her awesome acting in PM&I.I have nvr watch her previousdrama with JGS so i dont really knw how gd her acting wasjust that i think in PM&I she did well to match with KBS's age and role...crazy monkey 069
i looove every bickering btwn them and i loove how their love is 
developing..

@Ldy Gmerm unnie..where r u?????what do u think of PM&I???
*I KNOW I HAVE SILENT READER HERE..please do share ur thoughtswith us..
right unnie??@Ldy Gmerm of cos,the main thread for those drama is more popular and had more posts but well...i am sooo comfortable here...crazy monkey 105
ooh..i think the editor is doing a bad job..they cut the part whereman se was telling her that he rescue her bcos he likes herand also the kiss in the rain...crazy monkey 049YAAAAAA PD-NIM!!! Y DID U DO THAT TO ME????AIIIIGOOOOOO..........yellow-onion-head-emoticon-16.gif?130192

wiscpenn said: Marathoned through WAY. Rating (at the most): 8/10
There are some huge holes I tried overlooking and even though they did not disrupt the flow of the story, they are distracting.  I also can't seem to get over the looks of the lead, Taecyeon of 2PM.  He looks fine when he doesn't smile, but when he shows teeth, I'm so, so sorry to say, he looks like a rat with his overbite, and his ears.  Kinda like ratboy without the whiskers.  Sorry! I can't help it.  He's a ps candidate to pin back his ears and correct his overbite.  Once that's done, this guy will be gorgeous, imho, since he already has the height, the bod, and the build.

Heard good things about Cruel City and Ugly Alert.  So may catch those next. Any opinions on them?

I am here, had a cold for a week so I have not been in the room a lot. I love PM & I it is one of my favorites. I saw the other show that Yoona was in but to be honest she was just a bleep to me I really watched it for JGS. But I do agree her acting in this drama is great. I think that has a lot to do with her co star. People say he is not handsome but I love his look and the fact that he is older is a plus as well.

YES, NO MORE HARD NUT what did you think of that ending? did you see why I was disappointed in at the end?

Currently my drama crack is A well Grown Daughter, PM & I, a new daily on KBS2 Heavenly Woman (Revenge drama about a younger sister about to take her vows and walks away from being a nun when her older sister is killed or dies) Just started on the 6th, Melody of love, The women's Room (thankfully only has 8 episodes left) Let's Eat , Miss Korea (when I can) and another new drama called Can We love it is on viki but I have not watched the two episodes yet. 

I am waiting on Ghost Seeing Detective Cheo-young (this has more horror then TMS did ) it is on OCN that starts sunday but I don't know if anyone will be re playing it.

I have given up on Man from the stars right now.. will come back to it. And I will return to warm words later. Bel AMi is ending this week I think so I am catching those last two.

I want to see Ugly Alert, maybe darksmurf's site has the subs for it.

@Ldy Gmerm unnie please take gd care of urself ok?i will reply more when im off this sun cos currently im on nite shift again till sat and im only logging in tru mobile..

I think i am happy watching prime minister n i..have not watch words from episode 3 onwards..watched man from the stars too..will share more nxt posts or during off day..

Anws..hav a happy wkends to all my chingus here..

:D

lovelybluehoneyz.. said: @Ldy Gmerm unnie please take gd care of urself ok?i will reply more when im off this sun cos currently im on nite shift again till sat and im only logging in tru mobile.. I think i am happy watching prime minister n i..have not watch words from episode 3 onwards..watched man from the stars too..will share more nxt posts or during off day.. Anws..hav a happy wkends to all my chingus here.. :D

A new daily drama is starting on Monday on JTBC called Lady:

Synopsis:The story of Sin-ae who was raised by a widow in extremely poor conditions, and Mina, the daughter of a wealthy family.

It seems good and I managed to snagg the first episode on friday, I guess they did a preview early.

Heavenly woman a revenge drama on KBS2 started on the 6th and it is going good so far.

Can we love is on viki and it also started on the 6th and is on JTBC.

I need Romance 3 will be starting on Monday on TVN and I think viki will be doing that one as well. I was not going to watch it but after seeing some teasers and clips I decided I wanted to see it.

Age of feeling/Inspiring Generation starts on the 15th this week and is on KBS2 as well.

Nothing really new on the T-drama's and I was looking at Fujitv's site and they seem to have a few new J-drama's coming out but it will be a matter to find out where to watch them or download them to watch.

How was the weekend? I am counting the minds for monday so that I can see the next episodes in the daily A Well Grown Daughter and the next two episodes of PM&I.

I see that our alien hunk has kissed the girl in Man from the stars, I guess when this ends I will come back to it along with Warm Words and Miss Korea. I have been catch Let's eat..

Ok.. what are you catching up on?

Archived