[Drama 2014] Can We Love 우리가 사랑할 수 있을까

jaiwook_08

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mslee said: @brokbsb
 omo!  X_X i am seeing what I posted in my blog here. thank you for sharing. actually, i did not write a recap, just like introductory post about the episode. anyway..i hope my thoughts are okay. :\">
haven't watched ep 2 with sub..will see if it's out already. I went to first page of this thread and I saw the chart. as I understand, both UTW amd KSS will have a love line with Eugene? and there's a line also going from UTW to KYM.. hmmm i smell intrigue and 2 triangular love angle... hope friendship won't be compromised.

Guest milknhoney55

Wow! 2 episodes in and I'm hooked! I loved how it was predictable but not, and the montages were excellently acted and edited seamlessly. Each character shines.

My one questions what's up with the daughter and her drinking? Is she upset because her mother retrieved her from America?

Anyways, I'll be tuning in... this definitely did not disappoint.

Guest asyree

Hello to all  =;

First of all i think i need to say that i like the drama. The cast ensemble is just great and i don't see any miscast yet. Love the acting, and the costuming is just perfect. But ..

I just a bit disappointed with so many or too many coincidences which for me personally blocking me a bit to be totally absorbed into the show and instead feel that this is just a mere tv series. The cliches is so overwhelming i frown and yawn when i see them. Demanding mother for Jung Wan? Who refuses to accept the fact that her daughter working as a low shop assistant? Our leading lady lies to her family tries to convince that their bubble world is just okay and not shattered after she divorces good for nothing husband? This storyline is tiring and exhausting and i don't think this drama even need that. How Jung Wan struggles to keep her little family financially stable is good enough to start, add the spice how her ex hubby is ready to move on with his young and rich gf is already a huge blow for a woman esteem.

Then we have Ji Hyun's mother in law who thinks that she's too low to join her high class family, rebellious and distance daughter who we're not even sure that Ji Hyun is her birth mother or not considering how the daughter seems to hold deep hatred towards her. Love the daughter story but omigosh not the mother in law's.

Then does Ji Hyun's ex bf from her past need to be the soon Jung Wan's ex hubby brother in law too? Oh man. Why can't make him just solely on his own and just ties up to their circle coz of his old flame with Ji Hyun's? And we possibly have two best friends fighting for one man. Jung Wan and Sun Mi fights to get Kyung Soo. Later both Sun Min and Ji Hyun will hate Jung Wan coz both their crushes eye for Jung Wan only. Not that i hate that but it's just how small their universe i'm afraid it'll choke me.

Love the cast, love everything but the cliches and the coincidences just blerrgghh.

Sorry, gulp. 

MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE 2ND EPISODE*I really like it how Ji Hyun can act as if nothing happened and cheerful even in front of CEO Ahn. *I wonder what happened between Kyung Soo and his mom that Kyung Soo doesn't want to hear anything about "that person"*Sun Mi is the angry type but I like her.*Out of the 3 friends I like Ji Hyun the best.*The ex husband's fiance is driving me crazy. She's like that even before the wedding I can't imagine how more crazy she'll get after they get married.*I can't find words to describe Ji Hyun's mother in law. X(*Kyung Soo seems to be an annoying man at first look but he is actually a good guy since he saved both Jung Wan and Sun Mi.*CEO Ahn is (in my opinion) not a standout character. He's being overshadowed for now. *I like Tae Keuk. He is cute and very thoughtful for his age.*Ji Hyun's husband is a nice guy; but I think he may change in the later episodes when he learns about CEO Ahn.*At first I thought that Yoon Suk was a "loser" because of the conversation that took place between him and Sun Mi. But this episode his character was more likable, stronger. I like him because no matter how bad Sun Mi treats her, he is always by her side.

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Can We Love" Uhm Tae Woong's Charisma With A Twist

By Staff Writer | Jan 08, 2014 08:31 PM EST

Actor Uhm Tae Woong captured viewers with a charisma that had turns.

On the 2nd episode of the JTBC Monday/Tuesday drama "Can We Love" broadcast on January 7th, Uhm Tae Woong gave help to Yoo Jin (played by Yoo Jung Whan) and Kim Yoo Mi (played by Kim Sun Mi). Yoo Jin had a fight with the director of her managmenet company in the parking lot and drove her car into the director's car and caused a fender bender.

Uhm Tae Woong shows a smart charisma of a genius movie director and a manlike nice side. Viewers was extremely interested as they captured Yoo Jin and Kim Yoo Mi's hearts for the future plot.Afterwards, she said to Director Choi, "This is a man that regularly goes to a hotel after telling writers that he wants to have a conference" and embarrassed him, as he made viewers feel great. Moreover, Kim Yoo Mi who he meets by coincidence was sitting by the sea and sees the car not being able to move. He goes into the water to rescue Kim Yoo Mi. Seeing her joke-filed voice and saving her, he showed a manly side of him.

In the drama, Uhm Tae Woong is tangled with divorcee Yoon Jung Wan who smiles a lot and cries a lot. He plays the role of star Korean film director Oh Kyung Soo.

On the episode of "Can We Love" broadcast on January 6th, three women looking forward to their 40s talk about their love and work. This is a collaboration of director Kim Yun Cheol who directed "The Last Victory" (95), "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" (05), "Can We Get Married" (12) and writer Park Min Jung who wrote "Non Stop 4" (03) and "Rude Miss Young Ae" (07).

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/14002/20140108/can-we-love-uhm-tae-woongs-charisma-with-a-twist.htm

Guest asyree

There are many things that i love from this drama actually, beside the *cough, cough, stuffs that i mentioned above.

For the first i can say that i just love love love the costuming and styling for the casts here. No crazy ruffle blouses or yellow pants with checkered suits for the guys. Normal clothing for the suppose middle-class Jung Wan, once again normal work outft but still stylish ones for Sun Mi and lovely logic costume for Ji Hyun. I can imagine wearing any of their clothes without feeling that i come out from a tv show, lol. And oh yeah the men styling for this show? Drooling!!!!! Kyung Soo and Rep Ahn  just look so eatable with their mature but sophisticated looks without looking too edgy or weird like the overstyling Park Shi Hoo in Prosecutor Princess. Love the stylist work here in this show.

I also adore how the writer/PD actually fleshes out Jung Wan. She's a strong woman who finally put up with his weak hubby and decided to off with their marriage so she can move on and heal herself. From the way her ex interacts with his own fam or his fiance i think he's a good guy, but too good so he comes out weak then just easily gets manipulated by anyone. I understand Jung Wan, coz i'm a woman like that. What i don't understand is her mother.

If Jung Wan brings mom to live with her and her son in her house without I hear that mom has her own house, so i have this thought that actually Jung Wan's mom stayed with her too during her failed marriage. Then why does she still act like that toward JW's divorce? My mom and i pretty close though we don't live in the same house and i share her my private life too, including my marriage life. She'll give me advice and support in my bad times, keeping my head clear whenever i have probs with hubby, scolds me if i'm the wrong one, pushes me to face my probs while providing me her love and supports. So I don't understand how JW's mom who (i guess) experienced how it was living with her ex son in law, but still prefer to have her daughter live with a man like that. Esp from the way they talk about how "rich" JW's ex now, i think he wasn't suppose to be like that during he's still JW's hubby. How for them JW's hubby now becomes a professor and able to buy expensive things, it seems that he used to be jobless or at least not having such decent paid-up job like he has now.

I also like how they write Sun Mi. It's true that even if there are still success and good looking single (or divorcee) guys outside there in their thirties, the possibility of a late thirties woman meeting them is pretty small. Most men that age are already married, and with a woman so independent and capable like Sun Mi it's possible that she just wanna seek physical releases coz she still hasn't found the man who can make her heart flutter. She doesn't seek for love not coz she doesn't want it, she just never meet the guy she thinks worth to win her heart. She doesn't love the young PD she dated who then turns up just wanna manipulate her, she's just hurted by his manipulation. I love the way they write Kyung Soo heroically strides accross the tide and carries her like it's nothing, lol, the ever amazon Sun Mi finally sees her match    ;)   Though perhaps her young naive assistant can probably win her heart, I think it's fun for her to experience how it feels liking or be liked by someone closer to her age. I'm not against noona-dongsaeng love, esp if Kyung Soo also in this story is 4 years younger than the 3 ladies, but it's also wonderful you know, to be loved by guys our age.

UHMFORCE is so damn charming. I love that he's a sassy guy in his own right. I wonder how he would match up with Joongwan's firecracker self.

I find Jihyun's life the most compelling. Her husband seems to be the nicest guy, the most perfect guy on paper, but she lives in constant Mother In Law nightmare that she endures day after day with a fake smile. Yet at the same time, she couldn't forget the love of her life. I can't comprehend how she doesn't crack under all that pressure. She's someone who's so mindful of social status, seeing her break free of her own stigma would be really fascinating.

I think I know why the other girls had no idea who Ahn Doyoung is, because despite how long they have been friends, I don't think they are actully close with each other. Not sure if that's how the writer intended it or that's the drama flaw, but I don't buy their friendship. It seems that they stuck together mostly out of necessity or that they don't have any other friends.

Also, I'm really liking the Noona romance thus far. One of the most prevalent thing about noona romance on TV is that you tend to see the male overcompensating his age by being extra commanding/forceful. But I love how sweet and patient Yoonseok is to Sunmi, he still speaks to her in honorifics and is polite to her. I hope this romance would work out, I feel like Yoonseok is the only one who can understand Sunmi.

Something caught my attention in the 1st episode.When they were watching a football match; Ji Hyun already had her daughter and she was around 4-5. Jung Wan's husband was with them but Ji Hyun's husband wasn't.What I'm trying to say is maybe they weren't married back then.If that's the case then the daughter might be CEO Ahn's daughter.Maybe that's why the daughter is acting like a jerk.

brokbsb said: Something caught my attention in the 1st episode.When they were watching a football match; Ji Hyun already had her daughter and she was around 4-5. Jung Wan's husband was with them but Ji Hyun's husband wasn't.What I'm trying to say is maybe they weren't married back then.If that's the case then the daughter might be CEO Ahn's daughter.Maybe that's why the daughter is acting like a jerk.

Guest nedenuleyn

ditditdutdut said: brokbsb said: Something caught my attention in the 1st episode.When they were watching a football match; Ji Hyun already had her daughter and she was around 4-5. Jung Wan's husband was with them but Ji Hyun's husband wasn't.What I'm trying to say is maybe they weren't married back then.If that's the case then the daughter might be CEO Ahn's daughter.Maybe that's why the daughter is acting like a jerk.

Added episode 2 captures for the Korean drama 'Can We Love?'

photo391021.jpg

Added episode 2 captures for the Korean drama "Can We Love??" (2014)

Directed by Kim Yoon-cheol

Written by No Ji-seol

Network : jTBC

With Yoo JinEom Tae-woongKim Yoo-miChoi Jeong-yoonKim Sung-sooKim Hye-ok,...

Mon, Tue 21:50
Formerly known as "Mother Needs a Man" (엄마에게 남자가 필요해, eom-mae-ge nam-ja-ga pil-yo-hae)
Synopsis
A drama about a divorcee headed for forty, a spinster and a full-time housewife.
Eom Tae-woong stars as Oh Kyeong-soo, a movie director who gets involved with a divorced woman named Yoon Jeong-wan. He is known as a bad tempered and self conceited but Oh Kyeong-soo is a skilled director who has received several awards.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2014/01/06

photo391020.jpg

More

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

Archived