[Drama 2014] Can We Love 우리가 사랑할 수 있을까

jaiwook_08

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ohayyo

aissshh~~ the latest news is just ruining my fantasy ... so there's no YJG-KSH couple ... omg, truly not my luck :'(

• 6 months later...

image     imageimagetimg?wapp&quality=80&size=b400_2000&cut_timg?wapp&quality=80&size=b400_2000&cut_Mon, Tue 21:50
Formerly known as "Mother Needs a Man" (엄마에게 남자가 필요해, eom-mae-ge nam-ja-ga pil-yo-hae)
Synopsis
A drama about a divorcee headed for forty, a spinster and a full-time housewife.
Eom Tae-woong stars as Oh Kyeong-soo, a movie director who gets involved with a divorced woman named Yoon Jeong-wan. He is known as a bad tempered and self conceited but Oh Kyeong-soo is a skilled director who has received several awards.
Source:HANCINEMA

Can We Love? (Hangul: 우리가 사랑할 수 있을까; RR: Wooriga Saranghal Soo Iteulka) is a 2014 South Korean television drama starring Eugene, Uhm Tae Woong, Kim Yoo Mi, Choi Jeong-yoon and Kim Sung Soo. It airs on jTBC on Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:50 beginning January 6, 2014.

The series is based on Han Kyung-hye's novel Mother Needs a Man, which was published by Random House Korea in 2007.

Can We Love? tells the story of three very close friends, Yoon Jung-wan (Eugene), Kim Sun-mi (Kim Yoo Mi), and Kwon Ji-hyun (Choi Jeong Yoon) who are all 39 years old. They all have their own problems.

Jung-wan is a divorcee with a kid and she has financial problems. She is a scriptwriter but due to financial problems she works part-time at a market. She starts to work with a very famous director, Oh Kyung-soo (Uhm Tae Woong).

Sun-mi is a successful decorator who is single. She is seen as an "old maid who is dying to get married" by her ex-boyfriend who dated her for her money.

Ji-hyun is married to a businessman. She seems to be living a very nice life; however, she has problems with her mother-in-law and rebellious teenage daughter. She has a secret first love, film company CEO Ahn Do-young (Kim Sung Soo), who is working with her friend Jung-wan. To make things worse, her businessman husband is one of the investors in Do-young's company.

Source:WIKIPEDIA

CASTKim Eugene : Yoon Jung Wanab72484adf.jpg
Uhm Tae Woong : Oh Kyung Soodb840c07e4.jpgKim Yoo Mi : Kim Sun Mi6707026205.jpg
Kim Sung Soo : Ahn Do Young
be042834f7.jpgChoi Jung Yoon4fe0e51baf.jpg
Source: VIKI.COMTHE RELATIONSHIP CHARTtimg?wapp&quality=80&size=b400_2000&cut_
timg?wapp&quality=80&size=b400_2000&cut_
CAMEOS AND SPECIAL APPEARANCES13TH AND 14TH EPISODESKim Hyun Joo - Herself20140219_133953_3042.JPG.tn580.jpg20140219_170404_1558.JPG.tn580.jpg
17TH AND 18TH EPISODESKong Hyun Joo - Shin Yoo Na20140304_151314_2135.JPG.tn580.jpg
20140304_151322_2790.JPG.tn580.jpg
TEASER AND TRAILERS1ST TEASER

2ND TEASER
TEASER TRAILER

2ND EPISODE TRAILER
3RD EPISODE TRAILER
4TH EPISODE TRAILER

5TH EPISODE TRAILER

6TH EPISODE TRAILER

7TH EPISODE TRAILER

8TH EPISODE TRAILER

9TH EPISODE TRAILER

10TH EPISODE TRAILER

11TH EPISODE TRAILER

12TH EPISODE TRAILER

13TH EPISODE TRAILER

14TH EPISODE TRAILER

15TH EPISODE TRAILER

16TH EPISODE TRAILER

17TH EPISODE TRAILER

18TH EPISODE TRAILER

19TH EPISODE TRAILER

20TH EPISODE TRAILER

BEHIND THE SCENESPRESS-CONFERENCE

UHM TAE WOONG (OH KYUNG SOO) INTERVIEW

EUGENE (YOON JUNG WAN) - UHM TAE WOONG (OH KYUNG SOO) - SEO DONG WON (PARK PD) BTS (EPISODE:3)

KIM YOO MI (KIM SUN MI) - PARK MIN WOO (CHOI YOON SUK) BTS (EPISODE 6)

BTS (EPISODE 7)

BTS + KIM YOO MI (KIM SUN MI) AND EUGENE (YOON JUNG WAN) INTERVIEWS

ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKOST pt. 1Jisook (Rainbow) - My Hero (김지숙 - 마이 히어로)

OST pt.2Lunafly - I Want To Love Again (루나플라이 - 다시 사랑하고 싶다)

OST pt.3Kkotjam Project - Everyday (꽃잠프로젝트 - Everyday)
OST pt.4LC9 - This Ugly Man Cries (LC9 - 못난놈이 웁니다)

Kkotjam Project - Hey Boy 

Sum & Seyeon - Softly (숨 & 소연 - 사르르)

RATINGS
DateEpisodeNationwide
2014-01-0611.4
2014-01-0721.7
2014-01-1331.4
2014-01-1441.8
2014-01-2052.0
2014-01-2161.9
2014-01-2771.7
2014-01-2881.9
2014-02-0391.6
2014-02-04101.9
2014-02-10111.6
2014-02-11122.2
2014-02-17131.8
2014-02-18142.2
2014-02-24151.9
2014-02-25162.0
2014-03-03172.7
2014-03-04182.6
2014-03-1019?
2014-03-11203.5
Source: koreandrama.orgRECAPS (Source: The Problematic of the Unproblematic)1ST AND 2ND EPISODES3RD EPISODE4TH EPISODE
5TH EPISODE
6TH EPISODE
7TH EPISODE
8TH EPISODE
9TH EPISODE
10TH EPISODE
11TH EPISODE
12TH EPISODE
13TH EPISODE
14TH EPISODE
15TH EPISODE
16TH EPISODE
17TH EPISODE
18TH EPISODE
19TH EPISODE20TH EPISODE
First Episode - 06/01/2014

JTBC attracts star lineup for Mom Needs a Manby javabeans | November 10, 2013 | 

momneedsman2.jpg

How’s that for an eye-catching title: Mom Needs a Man, a drama adapted from a novel that’s in the works for JTBC. It’s managed to attract a number of high-profile names to its potential cast list, which is reason enough to keep an eye out for it. Mom and daughter roles will be played by Choi Jung-yoon (Ojakkyo Brothers) and Jin Ji-hee (Goddess of Fire Jung-yi), while actors currently considering the project include Eugene (Hundred Year Inheritance), Uhm Tae-woong (Sword and Flower), and Kim Sung-soo (My Love Madame Butterfly).

Choi Jung-yoon will play a housewife who pragmatically chooses a realistic marriage instead of her first love and settles down at a young age. Now she’s a housewife with a difficult middle schooler for a daughter (Jin Ji-hee), who rebels and swears and is a general handful. Choi is fenced in by the strict expectations of her husband and mother-in-law and expected to only focus on running the household, though she’s got plenty of personality when she’s out with her friends and able to be her boisterous self.

A trio of friends will form the center of the show, though the role Eugene is considering sounds like the main lead. The women are all in their late 30s and in a different situation of life, with Eugene’s role being a single mom character. The third friend is an “old miss” character (i.e., spinster), to be played by 36-year-old Jin Jae-young (My Sweet Seoul), though being a “gold miss” makes her single and proud, rather than sad and lonely-hearted.

On the men’s side, Kim Sung-soo’s potential role would be a film company CEO, which is right up his alley and a character he’s played before. Uhmforce would play a film director who’s won awards at Cannes, and also happens to be a geeeeeenius director. Of course he is.

With the PD of The Woman Who Wants To Marry (the original, not to be confused with the sequel, The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry) and Could We Marry at the helm, I’m thinking Mom Needs a Man will have a deft hand with the marriage motif. And I’m always in the market for another drama that can explore friendship and relationships with the same heartwarming touch as the Woman Who Wants To Marry series.

Mom Needs a Man will take over the Monday-Tuesday timeslot from Your Neighbor’s Wifeand premieres in December.

momneedsman3.jpg

Via TV Daily

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/11/jtbc-attracts-star-lineup-for-mom-needs-a-man/

From the Dramabeans article above; "The third friend is an “old miss” character (i.e., spinster), to be played by 36-year-old Jin Jae-young (My Sweet Seoul), though being a “gold miss” makes her single and proud, rather than sad and lonely-hearted."
2013110817053769201_1.jpg
This will be Jin Jae-young's first drama since My Sweet Seoul in 2008. She also got married in 2008 and took time off from movies and dramas.

Eom Tae-woong stars in "Can We Love?"

Source | 2013/11/11 | 

photo370647.jpg

Actor Eom Tae-woong is coming back with another drama this winter.

He stars in the JTBC drama "Can We Love??" which will be aired in December this year.

Eom Tae-woong stars as Oh Kyeong-soo, a movie director who gets involved with a divorced womanarrow-10x10.pngnamed Yoon Jeong-wan. He is known as a bad tempered and self conceited but Oh Kyeong-soo is a skilled director who has received several awards.

Eom Tae-woong said, "I've always wanted to work with Kim Yoon-cheol who directed the drama "My Name is Kim Sam-soon" but I didn't know I really would. I am sure it'll be different from what I've done so far".

"Can We Love??" should synchronize well with the character of Oh Kyeong-soo and create a perfectly high quality result.

This drama will be aired in December after "My Neighbor's Wife".

Source: Eom Tae-woong stars in "Can We Love?" @ HanCinema :: The Korean Movie and Drama Database

Uhm Tae-woong confirms JTBC romance dramaby girlfriday | November 12, 2013 |

Cable network JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama Mom Needs a Man has a new title and a leading man. The new project from PD Kim Yoon-chul (of Can We Get Married andMy Name Is Kim Sam-soon) will now be called the more generic Could We Love. I’m a little bummed because Mom Needs a Man is the more evocative title, but perhaps the PD really wants a series of Coulda Would Shoulda dramas to be his thing.

The drama will star a trio of womenimage all facing forty, each with a different romantic situation a la I Need RomanceJin Jae-young (My Sweet Seoul) plays a “gold miss” character, who’s happy as the perennial singleimage girl. Choi Jung-yoon (Ojakkyo Brothers) is the housewife and mother (to Jin Ji-hee), while Eugene (Hundred Year Inheritance) is being courted to play a divorcee.

Uhm Tae-woong will star as a film director who lived abroad in the States and was already making waves with short films he made as a high-schooler. He eventually becomes a famous movie director who wins awards at Cannes. He’s described as a prickly perfectionist with a constant stoic expression that’s unreadable, though he’s said to be full of charisma on set. He has a painful past (of course) and has no memory of the mother who abandoned him as a child.

I think he’ll most likely have a loveline with Eugene (if she signs on), because his character ends up working with a new screenwriter who comes out of nowhere, and she’ll be struggling with the recent discovery that her ex-husband is marrying someone much younger than her.

Uhm Tae-woong has already had quite the busy season, having just come off of fusion sageuk Sword and Flower and showbiz movie Top Star. He recently quit variety show 1 Night 2 Days, clearing his slate for all dramas, all the time. Well that’s the hope anyway.

Could We Love follows Your Neighbor’s Wife and premieres December 23.

Via Newsis

Source: Uhm Tae-woong confirms JTBC romance drama » Dramabeans » Deconstructing korean dramas and kpop culture

Kim Sung-soo cast in "Can We Love?"

Source | 2013/11/12 

photo370890.jpg

Actor Kim Sung-soo has been cast as the greatest romantic guy in the new JTBC drama "Can We Love??" directed by Kim Yoon-cheol known for the works of "My Name is Kim Sam-soon".

Kim Seong-woo is well known for his good looks, ability as the CEO of a movie company with the gift of speech good enough to convince a group of strict investors. He becomes Ahn Do-yeong who is loved by women. Kim Sung-soo is highly expected to do well in this drama as he is a talented actor who's played in other various roles.

His manly appeal and charisma sought him suitable for the role of Ahn Do-yeong and is expected to cause a synergy affect. Kim Sung-soo said, "Ahn Do-yeong is a character I've always wanted to lay. I hope you feel the true meaning of love while you're watching this".

Meanwhile, "Can We Love??" is a hot drama about three women aged 39 and their bitter lives which they overcome with fun. It will be aired after "My Neighbor's Wife".

Source : www.sportsworldi.com/... Source: Kim Sung-soo cast in "Can We Love?" @ HanCinema :: The Korean Movie and Drama Database

Yoo Jin, a widowed mother in "Can We Love?"

photo371558.jpg

Yoo Jin is making a new attempt.

She stars in the new JTBC drama "Can We Love??" as Yoon Jeong-wan. This drama is about the life of women in their 30s and their work, love and fantasies.

Yoo Jin's role of Yoo Jeong-wan is a divorced single mother with a 10 year-old son. She's a weak-hearted one who is used to the marriage life and causes a lot of problems with her clumsy attitude.

Yoo Jin attempts at a new role this time dealing with childcare and divorce.

Apparently Yoo Jin is excited about this new role. She should be able to communicate with the women her age and receive the love of male fans all at once.

Yoo Jin said, "I was completely mesmerized by the scenario and I'm ready with passion. I am happy to be able to work with a director I've always wanted to work with and I'm sure to do my best".

"Can We Love??" will be seen after "My Neighbor's Wife".

Source: Hancinema

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Upcoming Drama Asks "Can We Love?"

Uhm Tae Woong
Eugene

The upcoming JTBC drama "Can We Love?" is consolidating its cast. If everyone confirms their participation, the cast will include Uhm Tae Woong, Choi Jung Yoon, Kim Sung Soo, Eugene, Jin Jae Young and Jin Ji Hee.

"Can We Love" is a drama about three women who are in their late thirties. Life has not been kind to them and rather than be bitter about it, they've decided to focus on having fun.

Uhm Tae Woong, fresh from his role in the historical drama "The Blade and the Petal" and the film "Top Star," will play an arrogant, internationally acclaimed director who falls in love with a divorced woman. Uhm Tae Woong is known for his work in "Dr Champ" and "Man From The Equator." He was also a regular in the cast of the variety show "I Night, 2 Days."

Kim Sung Soo, who appeared in "Full House," "The Slave Hunters" and "Madame Butterfly" will play Ahn Do Young, the charismatic CEO of a movie company. Ahn Do Young is gifted at pitching film ideas and attracting women admirers.

The role really appealed to Kim Sung Soo who is known for choosing roles he likes even if the dramas he finds them in are not guaranteed to be popular.

"Ahn Do Young is a character I have always wanted to play," said Kim Sung Soo. "I hope you have a better understanding of the true nature of love while you're watching my performance."

Eugene, who appeared in "A Hundred Year's Legacy" and "Ohlala Couple," is considering the role of the divorcee. Her character must face the distressing news that her ex-husband is about to remarry a much younger woman.

Choi Jung Yoon of "Ojakgyo Brothers" is a housewife and mom. Jin Ji Hee, who was last seen as the young Moon Geun Young in "Goddess of Fire," will play her daughter.

Jin Jae Young of "My Sweet Seoul" plays a woman who is happy to remain single.

Kim Yoon Chul, who directed "My Lovely Kim Sam Soon" and "Can We Get Married" will direct "Can We Love?"

The new drama "Can We Love?" will be aired after "My Neighbor's Wife," premiering on Dec. 23.

Another drama with the same name was originally slated to start filming in June. Yeo Jin Goo and Kim So Hyun were considering leading roles. That "Can We Love" was postponed indefinitely due to script problems and conflicting filming schedules.

© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

Source: Upcoming Drama Asks "Can We Love?" : Celebs : KDramaStars

Jeong Soo-yeong in "Let's Eat"   (and "Can We Love")

photo372821.jpg

Actress Jeong Soo-yeong has been cast for two dramas in row.

She is starring in the tvN drama "Let's Eat" and JTBC "Can We Love??".

"Let's Eat" stars Jeong Soo-yeong as Park Kyeong-mi, best friend to Lee Soo-kyeong and an ordinary housewife who lives with her in-laws. She's a working mom named Moon Eun-joo in "Can We Love??".

Jeong Soo-yeong claimed she's attracted to both dramas and characters and is excited to start shooting them.

"Let's Eat" starts on the 28th and "Can We Love??" will be aired in mid-December.

Source:

irilight said:

Jeong Soo-yeong in "Let's Eat"   (and "Can We Love")

Actress Jeong Soo-yeong has been cast for two dramas in row.

She is starring in the tvN drama "Let's Eat" and JTBC "Can We Love??".

"Let's Eat" stars Jeong Soo-yeong as Park Kyeong-mi, best friend to Lee Soo-kyeong and an ordinary housewife who lives with her in-laws. She's a working mom named Moon Eun-joo in "Can We Love??".

Jeong Soo-yeong claimed she's attracted to both dramas and characters and is excited to start shooting them.

"Let's Eat" starts on the 28th and "Can We Love??" will be aired in mid-December.

Source: Hancinema

Archived