Chinese Title: 帝王之女手白香
Also known as: Emperor’s Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang / The Daughter of the Emperor
Genre: Historical, Family, Political, Romance
Episodes: 100+ (To Be Announced)
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2013-Sep-30
Air time: Monday to Friday 21:00

Synopsis

This is the story of Su Baek-hyang, born as the elder daughter of King Mu-ryeong but unable to retain her title of princess due to her ambitious younger sister, Sol-hui. Humble and hard-working, she was taught never to want or to desire beyond what she has, but the fate given to her is one that will affect not only her life and her family's lives, but the entire nation as she struggles to find her place in life and fight for love -credits gooddrama

Cast

Main Cast

Seo Hyun Jin as Soo Baek Hyang / Seol Nan

Seo Woo as Seol Hee (Soo Baek Hyang’s younger sister)
Lee Jae Ryong as King Moo Ryung
Jo Hyun Jae as Crown Prince Myung Nong
Jun Tae Soo as Jin Moo
Myung Se Bin as Chae Hwa
Yoon Tae Young as Goo Chun

Bi Moon

Cha Hwa Yun as Instructor Do RimKim Min Kyo as Mang Goo

Royal Palace

Jung Sung Mo as Nae SookIm Se Mi as Queen Eun Hye

Others

Ahn Suk Hwan as Baek GaSeo Yi Sook as Yong Gu
Kim Byung Ok
Jung Man Shik

Credits :KoreanDrama

Princess Soo Beak Hyangngpg.png
Seol-Hee
h1je.png

King Muryeong5zbi.png

Crown Prince Myung-Nongk77d.png
Prince Jin-Moo374s.png

Lady ChaeHwapgcv.png

Goo Chun n15p.png

30 sec Teaser

Please Read & Follow: Soompi Forum Rules  K-dramas & K-movies Subforum's Rules  01. Do not post request for subs. Do not request for videos either. Just download from what other Soompiers provided you. 02. Do not post requests for any BT seedings of any videos links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them. 03. Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow Soompiers' free will. Use the online google translator if you want to read the basic translations of any news in Korean. Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of Soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given. 04. Do not take any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site. Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to download anything from there. 05. Don't post any requests for subs! 06.Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 07. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread. 08.The editing function of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings. 09. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. 10. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viikii, Youtube, Etc. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. 11. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their IDs reported the mods. 12. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their IDs reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. Please do not quote images and videos. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. (Rules credit to moderators!)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so after a long search and waiting I guess I can't find or no one isn't going to open a thread for this historical drama so I did. If there is already one out there, please let me know but at the moment I'm currently obsessive with this drama and Jo Hyun Jae and there isn't anywhere that i could go and chit-chat with anyone :D 

Guest thanhdda10

Thanks @pangia for open this thread.
Seolhee is not a princess, Lady Cheahwa is pregnant with Seolnan before she marries and gives birth to Seolnan who is King Muryeong's daughter and Seolhee later who is Goo Chun's daughter, (my guess) so they are step sisters, after knowing her older sister Seolnan is king Muryeong's daughter, Seolhee goes to the capital and presents herself to king Muryeong as his daughter....So technically Seolhee is not a princess.
I love this drama, I just finish ep 5 and I can't wait to see the adults' parts.... Some body says that Dongseong's son and Muryeong's son got swapped by Muryeong himself out of his loyalty to the previous king so he wants to protect king Dongseong's lineage....but I am not so sure, two boys are 3 years old, they could be too old to be swapped, surely somebody will notice that they don't look the same, but then anything can happen in drama, if they are truly swapped then JHJ's role is in fact Dongseong's son not Muryeong's son, and Muryeong's son will become king Seong later on in history but we have to wait and see what is going to happen.
Thank god they don't drag the kids part in this drama, we will get to see Jo Hyun Jae this week already. 
Jo Huyn Jae looks so princely in crown prince attire.  

Omg...so sorry. I knew seolhee wasn't a princess but I was copying and pasting so fast that I forgot to delete that part...will do it asap...thank you for the correction. Now I understand everything a bit more...I do hope that king muryeong did switch the kids since I was starting to think how SBH can fall in love with her half brother...yeah I'm also glad we won't have to wait long for the childhood to end since I can't wait to see Jo hyun jae handsome face.

class="entry-title"King’s Daughter: Characters Posted on October 1, 2013 by prissymom4jhj 1 Comment Myeong Nong 004

Jo Hyun Jae as Crown Prince Myeong Nong (later King Seong, the 26th King of Baekje)

Here is an updated character list for “King’s Daughter”.  I will update this post as new important characters are introduced in the drama.

Jo Hyun Jae’s character Crown Prince Myeong Nong (later King Seong, 26th King of Baekje),  is the son of King Muryeong.  In this drama, aside from being the Crown Prince, Myeong Nong will be depicted as the head of Baekje’s spy organization “Bi Mun”.

Here are the rest of the main characters:

Kings Daughter Teaser 01-008
Seolnan, later Soo Baek Hyang (actress Seo Hyun Jin)
Daughter of King Muryeong and Chae Hwa.
She is a naive and ordinary young woman who loves her family sincerely.
She will leave the small town where she grew up to look for her sister
Seolhee who left their small village to claim the Seolnan’s position as Baekje Princess.
When she reaches Baekje, she will accidentally save the life of
Crown Prince Myeong Nong, which will result in her
joining the spy organization he leads.

Kings Daughter Teaser 01-010Seolhee (actress Seo Woo)
Step-sister of Seolnan.
Beautiful, smart. and ambitious.

She leaves the small village where she grew up to go to Baekje
when she finds out that her stepsister Seolnan is a Baekje Princess;
she will steal Seolnan’s fate.
She will do everything in her power to keep her stolen position.

Kings Daughter Teaser 01-007King Muryeong, 25th King of Baekje (actor Lee Jae Ryong)
He is the father of Seolnan/Soo Baek Hyang.
In the drama, before he assumes the throne, he is addressed as Jwapeong/Japyung.
It is not his name, but his title/position in the court,
might be similar to general or commander.

Kings Daughter Teaser 01-004Chae Hwa (actress Myung Se Bin)
Daughter of powerful Baekje noble Baek Ga.
She is the love of King Muryeong,
and the mother of Seolnan/Soo Baek Hyang

Kings Daughter Teaser 01-006Gucheon (actor Yoon Tae Young)
A commoner who works for Baek Ga’s family.
He will fall in love with Chae Hwa.
He will save her from death and take her away to a small village.

JinmuJinmu (actor Jeon Tae Soo)
He is the son of King Dongseong,
but have to give up his right to the throne after
King Dongseong is assassinated.
After King Muryeong ascends to the throne,
Jinmu will develop hatred for Crown Prince Myeong Nong
and will try to regain the position that should have been his.

Spies belonging to spy organization “Bi Moon”:

Cha-Hwa-YunInstructor Dorim (actress Cha Hwa Yeon)
She is a former spy, who will become Seolnan/Soo Baek Hyang’s guiding light.

Kim Min KyoMang Gu (actor Kim Min Kyo)

Other characters:

King Dongseong2King Dongseong (actor Jung Chan), 24th King of Baekje

Baek GaBaek Ga (actor Ahn Suk Hwan),
a powerful Baekje noble, father of Chae Hwa.
According to historical records he is behind the assassination
of King Dongseong.  In the drama, his family will be
executed once his complicity
in the assassination is determined.

Seo Yi SukYong Gu (actress Seo I Sook)
She will appear very briefly in episode 6 of the drama,
and will be instrumental in re-uniting Seolnan and Seolhee.

Im_Se_MiQueen Eun Hye (actress Im Se Mi)

http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/kings-daughter-unofficial-character-description/

class="entry-title"King’s Daughter: Jin Mu and Myeong Nong switching identities? Posted on October 7, 2013 by prissymom4jhj 4 Comments

Myeong Nong 021

These are screen captures from the latest trailer of “King’s Daughter”.

It seems King Muryeong will be switching the identities of the 2 boys.  The young Jin Mu (Dongseong’s son) will take on the identity of the young Myeong Nong (Japyung’s son). Therefore, Jin Mu will assume the name of Myeong Nong and will grow up thinking he is Myeong Nong.  Meanwhile, the real Myeong Nong will assume Jin Mu’s name and will grow up thinking that he is the son of the former King Dongseong.

King Muryeong is doing this to ensure the safety of King Dongseong’s real son Jin Mu, and so that the true Crown Prince will assume the throne when the right time comes.

Total badass!  I am really liking the twists in this story so far.

Myeong Nong 022 Myeong Nong 023 Myeong Nong 024 Myeong Nong 025 Myeong Nong 026 Myeong Nong 027 Myeong Nong 028 Myeong Nong 029 Myeong Nong 030

Credit:  Photos from JHJ’s Baidu Bar.

http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/kings-daughter-jin-mu-and-myeong-nong-switching-identities/

Lim Se-mi becomes a queen

Source | 2013/10/01 | 406 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

Share on reddit

photo354616.jpg

Actress Lim Se-mi is starring in the MBC Special drama "The Daughter of the Emperor" which is the life story of Soo Baek-hyang, daughter of King Moo-ryeo from the Baekjae times.

Lim Se-mi takes on the role of King Moo-ryeo's (Lee Jae-ryong) empress, Eun-hye. She is an immature queen but a bright character who is cute and lovable.

Lim Se-mi synchronizes with the character so well she was cast for the drama even before producer Lee Sang-yeob-I was done with the synopsis. She said, "I am honored to work with such great people".

Lim Se-mi showed an impressive performance in the SBS drama "That Winter, the Wind Blows" as Son Mi-ra, Song Hye-kyo's friend. She also showed excellent team work with Han Ye-ri and Han Juwan in the KBS 2TV "Drama Special - Yeon-woo's Summer".

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

http://www.hancinema.net/lim-se-mi-becomes-a-queen-61088.html

Thanks for the caps...just finished EP.6 and waiting for EP.7 to be sub. I'm loving the twist and turn in here so far. It was surprising when Nae Sook came into the light as the bad guy b/c I thought he was actually gonna be good. Good thing he didn't kill Lady ChaeHwa's maid so that the King will have a good chance of finding out about his daughter. 
Can't wait til our OTP meet :D

Guest xopo17

thanks pangja  , finally someone created this thread
The Opening of Kings Daughter :

credit : to the uploader 
The first read script by all cast  :  (writer Hwang Jin Young is number 2 from left )419a4a9389bbcf8b5a068377ec454851.jpg

1379318847_33.jpg

the correlation chart : (credit : MBC )2128_FC33524_BFBEB41_B903.jpg

the press conference pic:
NISI20130927_0008728611_web.jpg

2013092715174532174_1.jpg
He is the PD . his name is : Lee Sang Yeob (PD of light and shadows MBC drama too)
written by Hwang Jin Young . 

Full of cast :25144_31602_4024.jpg

credit : As tagged On picture

Guest xopo17

BTS Picture :
20130930_0931371245487_1.jpg

KEep9zm_Wvo0_O635164750619830940.jpg

264_C4_C38524_BFC38278_BEC.jpg

perfume_photo131002094600imbcdrama0.jpg

perfume_photo130927141658imbcdrama0.jpg

perfume_photo130927141658imbcdrama1.jpg

perfume_photo130927141658imbcdrama2.jpg

1380526054926.jpg

credit : MBC
and video from press conference :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isrfE2gzd7w

Its For Jo Yun Jae Fans :

credit video : to the uploaders

@pangia, thanks for starting the thread.  
I could not start the thread here on soompi because i would be overextending myself already.  I am busy with my own JHJ blog and also on FB.  Thank you... thank you... i will visit and share as much as time permits.
i think the younger cast will begin appearing tomorrow, episode 10.
here is the text preview for episode 10

Myeong Nong (Jo Hyun Jae) has grown up to be the calm/sober/cool-headed Crown Prince of the Baekje Empire. Myeong Nong was able to detect the identity of Goguryeo spies working in their midst, so King Muryeong allows him to use “Bimun”/”Band of 16” (Baekje’s spy organization).

Meanwhile, Jinmu (Jeon Tae Soo) has been wasting his time with women (prostitutes) which enrages King Muryeong.

On the other hand, Myeong Nong was able to identify Goguryeo spies hiding among King Muryeong’s servants.

특별기획 [제왕의 딸, 수백향]
10회방송일자 : 2013년 10월 11일 20시 55분 ~ 21시 30분
명농(조현재)은 냉철한 백제국의 태자로 성장한다. 명농이 고구려 세작의 정체를 밝히자 무령대왕(이재룡)은 ‘비문’을 쓰라 이른다. 반면 진무(전태수)는 여인들과 어울리며 허송세월을 보내 무령대왕(이재룡)을 분노하게한다.
한편, 명농은 무령왕의 신하들 속에 숨어있는 고구려 세작을 지목하는데….

Archived