[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King's Daughter ep 16 text preview:

Seolnan, Chae Hwa and Seolhee escape from their home. Myeong Nong finds out that King Muryeong is looking for Chae Hwa, so he personally went to look for Chae Hwa.

Meanwhile, Seolnan will go to the village to look for a doctor. Seolhee will follow Seolnan. Who will each of them encounter?

특별기획[제왕의 딸, 수백향]16회
방송일자 : 2013년 10월 23일 20시 55분 ~ 21시 30분
설난(서현진)은 채화(명세빈)와 설희(서우)를 데리고 집을 빠져나간다. 명농(조현재)은 무령대왕(이재룡)이 채화를 찾는다는 사실을 알고, 직접 채화를 찾아 나선다.
한편, 의원을 찾으러 마을로 내려가던 설난과, 설난을 뒤따라가던 설희는 각각 누군가와 마주치는데….

I have been disappointed with MBC shows of late especially the ones that come in prime time.  However for the daily shows prior to primetime not so much.  I am so enjoying this show so much packed in 30+ minutes.  Also it starts at the perfect time for me - enough time to get ready for work, watch raw livestream (hopefully my link continues to work in its duration), & leave for work without being late.

Can someone please clear up something for me - I understand Soo Baek Hyang/Seolnan is the king's daughter, however who is the crown prince's MN father/family (it definitely cannot be the king) because that is a huge mess there considering they are OTP.

For recaps - I'll provide some help provided that you are aware that I do not speak the language or so great on graphics etc.  So here goes (no luck in finding spoiler tag):

Episode 16

When Chae Hwa returned home she is hugged by Kuchon (couple reuniting) they are attacked by Jinmu's (bad prince)assassins. Kuchon's is putting up a good fight in protecting the family, however Chae Hwa got blinded trying to protect him, he gets wounded.  The neighbors in trying to help lost their lives. Seolhi (SH) & Seolnan (SN) are grabbed by the assassins, got separated. Kuchon got seriously injured in trying to protect SH to the point of death. SN escaped from her assassin, used a firecracker distraction trick to lure the other assassins from her home, when they left she returns to the house.  SN takes SH (who is in shock), SN had to pry her father’s hands/hold to release SH she takes some clothes and mom with her (it is here that proves that she’s the king’s daughter due to her actions & thoughts similar to when he was a general in the past) the women escaped.  The assassins return and realizes this later to report status to Jinmu & aide. Meanwhile the king is still waiting for Chae Hwa at the arranged spot, MN sees the king and asks who is the king waiting for.  He finds out the truth and decides to get Chae Hwa himself for the king, in the meantime Jinmu’s spy overheard MN’s conversation and when Jinmu found out the assassination situation he decides to hunt for the girls himself to eliminate them.  Jinmu’s aide decides to remove the evidence by having the assassins burn down the house.  There are signs of life in Kuchon’s fingers therefore we now know though seriously injured he is alive & is bound to return with a huge vengeance later in the show. I do not feel sorry for the baddies they messed with the baddest one of them all.

Jinmu is hunting the girls & mom who are escaping (by the way show, please be consistent in scenes, SH gown got seriously bloodied from the wounds of her father in protecting her later in their escape small splatter is shown, prefer the original stick to it) Be consistent show with the basics.  It’s the 2nd time this occurred, the 1st was when SN got injured in saving SH all of a sudden the wound has disappeared. MN is happy doing something for the king and wondering about who Chae Hwa is especially in light of talk from episode 13. 

While the girls are escaping, mom loses her hair pin from the king, SN finds shelter, disturbs the tracking marks and SH is still in shock.  SN have both of them change clothes, she lies to her mom about dad, mom is seriously wounded which is later noticed by SN who decides to get a doctor.  Mom tells SN something (not clear what), however SH is scared and does not want to be left alone with mom SN gives SH her hairpin (it may explain the switch & mistake later on) to calm her.  While SN is looking for a doctor, SH leaves the shelter due to being very scared.  The show ends with an ironic twist in the matching of the personalities & fate – the bad sister SH meets the bad prince Jinmu and good sister SN meets crown prince MN.

That’s it for now, hopefully I can continue to watch, enjoy and help when I can.  Take care everyone.

@chasen8888
thanks for the recap, it helps a lot while we wait for the English subs.
Re: Myeong Nong's father - King Muryeong switched the identities of his son Myeong Nong and Dong Seong's son Jinmu when they were 3 years old to protect Jinmu from those who would wish him dead.  therefore, grown-up Myeong Nong (played by Jo Hyun Jae) is actually Jinmu, King Dongseong's son; while grown up Jinmu (played by Jeon Tae Su) is Myeong Nong, King Muryeong's real son.
relationships:
Muryeong and Dongseong -  cousins
Muryeong and real Myeong Nong (JTS) - father and son

Dongseong and real Jinmu (JHJ) - father and son
real Jinmu (JHJ) and real Myeong Nong (JTS)  - cousins

Muryeong and Seolnan - father and daughter
Seolnan and Seolhee - half sisters (same mom, different father)
Seolnan and grown up Jinmu (JTS) - half-siblings (same dad, different mom)
Seolnan and grown up Myeong Nong (JHJ) - distant cousins

re:  to put spoiler tags, just type the word SPOILER enclosed in square parenthesis [ ]  before the parts you want to hide.  like this - [sxxxxx] 

Episode 17 (unsubbed):  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16ddod_%E3%85%85%E3%85%82%E3%84%B1_creation#.Umkh8ehZ2ik.facebook

thanks @prissymom for your help
Here is recap for episode 17:

Episode  17

Started from the latter part of 16 SH meeting Jinmu and SN meeting MN.  SH manages to escape from Jinmu but he is suspicious and has someone follow her, later on that man was killed by SH using SN’s pin.  SN also eludes MN by pretending to be someone crazy, she gets to the doctor with the medicine which was a challenge itself, her return was a bit eventful.  MN goes to SN’s house and note that has burned down.  The king gets depressed about Chae Hwa and relays his feelings to the Grand Marshal.  Chae Hwa wakes up and is seriously ill, SH after killing the man returns with SN’s pin in a slightly shocked form is silent.  Chae Hwa thinking that SH is SN through the feel of the pin told her the truth about SN birth father etc. as well as advice as to what to do for proof (this is where Chae Hwa’s dream about the bird comes in as SH will steal SN’s birthright & identity in the near future) ** for those who read the Bible there is a somewhat similar story in the First Testament - Genesis**.  Chae Hwa after feeling the face realizes that it is SH and not SN who now knows the truth.  SH leaves the cave. The show ends with SN on her way back with the preview of SH trying to prevent SN from knowing the truth about herself & Chae Hwa’s death.

From this it is a sure thing that next week’s & later episodes the girls lives have been changed as SH will become the princess through theft and SN will become the spy actually living up the truth of her name which is protector of Baekjae.

Take care everyone.

Guest thanhdda10

After watching ep 14, I was glad that Marshall Hae came clean with the king, this shows that he was not greedy and an ambitious monster who wanted to manipulate the court in his favor for power and wealth. He just wanted to protect Baekje and its people, he wanted the Japyung (the king then) to make a decision to become king without the influence of a woman.  
I haven't watch ep 15-17 but I was sure that Chae Hwa would choose her husband of 19 years over the king, If she has chosen the king then she wouldn't get the respect from the court as the king's consort. Beside it's in her personality, she still loves or loved the king but that isn't a reason enough for a lady like her to choose him over Kucheon. 

thanhdda10 said: After watching ep 14, I was glad that Marshall Hae came clean with the king, this shows that he was not greedy and an ambitious monster who wanted to manipulate the court in his favor for power and wealth. He just wanted to protect Baekje and its people, he wanted the Japyung (the king then) to make a decision to become king without the influence of a woman.  
I haven't watch ep 15-17 but I was sure that Chae Hwa would choose her husband of 19 years over the king, If she has chosen the king then she wouldn't get the respect from the court as the king's consort. Beside it's in her personality, she still loves or loved the king but that isn't a reason enough for a lady like her to choose him over Kucheon. 

Here is the recap for episode 18.  Can someone tell me how do you end the spoiler tags (thanks in advance).
Episode  18

SN arrives at the entrance of the cave, is met by SH who tries to prevent her from entering and lies about the mother’s mental status.  Chae Hwa upon hearing the lies by SH is saddened and realizes what her bird dream meant.  SN meets her mother who dies in her arms calling her by her true name "Su Baek Hyang".  The girls mourn their mother’s death, SN leaves the cave and SH remembers what her mother said about the hairpin tries to find it (I hope that SN finds later & keeps it) .  During this time Jinmu has an argument with his aide who responds with some reasoning as to their next steps.  MN arrives at the king’s place, he told Grand Marshal about the house & that he was worried about the king’s safety.  MN finds out about the king’s daughter, gets a bit upset with Grand Marshal and is determined to find her.  The king not seeing Chae Hwa is depressed, the Baekjae’s royal entourage leaves Gaya.  SN gathers some flowers, she passes the pin and goes by the cliff paying her respects to all who died through this assassination, SH in looking for the pin finds SN and stands beside her silently.  SN cries out the name father aloud, the king heard her but his assistant said it must be something else.  Show ends with SN promising vengeance on the deaths and SH seeing her sister in a new light.  This is the end of one arc and the start of another begins next week.

Preview shows the girls trying to survive, SH trying to get information from SN on her true name for future planning and MN using his spy team to find the king’s daughter. 

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

Archived