[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

pangia said: Thanks for the caps...just finished EP.6 and waiting for EP.7 to be sub. I'm loving the twist and turn in here so far. It was surprising when Nae Sook came into the light as the bad guy b/c I thought he was actually gonna be good. Good thing he didn't kill Lady ChaeHwa's maid so that the King will have a good chance of finding out about his daughter. 
Can't wait til our OTP meet :D

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

viewimage.php?id=25a4c528efd33d&no=29bcc
In episode 7 they don't actually show the switch, but Japyung order an officer to switch the clothes of the 2 boys.
When I first heard about the 2 boys' identities being switched i thought it was a good twist, but now I am thinking, why is there a need to switch the 2 boys' identities?
Dongseong begged Japyung to take on the throne to save 3-year old Jinmu.  because if jinmu takes the throne at 3 years old, it would be his death sentence.
but Japyung is already taking the throne, so 3 year old Jinmu should be safe, right?  and if King Muryeong stands as his guardian, then that would deter anyone who would want to take Jinmu's life, right?
So is there really still a need to switch their identities?
And isn't that cold of Muryeong?  He sets aside his own son Myeong Nong to raise Jinmu!  

@prissymom
No problem I'm glad I was able to open this thread :Dbtw about the switching...King Dongseong just asked that Japyung take the throne so his son would be saved but he didn't really mention for Japyung to take it for the moment and save the spot for his son later. I think Japyung out of his kindness and loyalty for his cousin decided on his own to take the throne for the moment until the Crown Prince become of age and yes I thought it was cruel of him to sacrificed his son for the sake of another, just like what he did with Lady ChaeHwa. I wouldn't blame his son if he is the way he is...growing up thinking that he have no parents left, he used to be the Crown Prince and all but now he's just in the shadow of someone else...not to mention the King is treating him like crap sometime...def will make someone go evil :D
also I think that they decided to do a switching since we can't have Princess SBH falling in love with her half brother right, that'll be taboo or otherwise they just wanted everything to be complicated :D
Nevertheless, I'm still waiting for JHJ's scene hehehe.

pangia

said: @prissymom

No problem I'm glad I was able to open this thread :Dbtw about the switching...King Dongseong just asked that Japyung take the throne so his son would be saved but he didn't really mention for Japyung to take it for the moment and save the spot for his son later. I think Japyung out of his kindness and loyalty for his cousin decided on his own to take the throne for the moment until the Crown Prince become of age and yes I thought it was cruel of him to sacrificed his son for the sake of another, just like what he did with Lady ChaeHwa. I wouldn't blame his son if he is the way he is...growing up thinking that he have no parents left, he used to be the Crown Prince and all but now he's just in the shadow of someone else...not to mention the King is treating him like crap sometime...def will make someone go evil

:D

also I think that they decided to do a switching since we can't have Princess SBH falling in love with her half brother right, that'll be taboo or otherwise they just wanted everything to be complicated

:D

Nevertheless, I'm still waiting for JHJ's scene hehehe.

awwws...thanks for sharing the pictures...JHJ looks so good in his princely clothing. Reminds me of his Seo Dong Yo days. Ah now that's was a good drama and I'm hoping this one will continue to entertain me as well. Yeap nothing else matter as long as we get to see JHJ hahah

Guest thanhdda10

I don't really get why Ensol Hae let Chaehwa's maid go in ep 6. We don't really need to have a live witness to tell a story about Japyung and lady Chaehwa's love affair. Or it is sudden surge of conscience eating him or he is a kind heart man by nature? I don't think so, look what he did to Kuchon. He schemed to get Dongseong killed, lied to the maid, and even lied to his master Japyung and yet he let her go? His lies will go back and haunt him later on.

@thanhdda, after watching ep 7, i think Eunsol Hae is not as haed-hearted as we thought he was.  
i think he does feel guilty about separating Japyung and Chae Hwa.  There was a scene in ep 7 where he was watching Japyung play with young Myeong Nong, and in voice-over Hae was sort of apologizing to Japyung for causing Japyung's separation from Chae Hwa.
It is just that for Hae, Baekje comes first before any personal considerations.  So it is not far-fetched for Hae to be merciful to the maid.  I think he allowed her to escape and gave her money, hoping that she will somehow track down Gucheon and Chae Hwa.  
I think he knows that keeping the maid alive may come back to haunt him later. in that scene where the maid was escaping, Hae closed his eyes after he gave the order to the soldier not to shoot the maid.  I interpret that action as Hae already regretting showing mercy to the maid, but could not handle hurting another innocent person.
as for what he did to Gucheon in the past - Gucheon is a trained killer of Baekje's enemy country who has killed hundreds of Baekje's soldiers.  in war, especially in ancient times, captured enemy soldiers are either killed outright or tortured severely until they die.  Probably in Hae's mind Gucheon did not show mercy when he killed Baekje soldiers, so why should he be shown mercy once he is captured?  

Archived