[Drama 2013/2014] King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang 제왕의 딸, 수백향

pangia

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gucheon is a trained killer of Baekje's enemy country who has killed hundreds of Baekje's soldiers...but he changed,he became a new man ...a good husband  and father...love for a woman  changed him...i know that she can't love him the way she loved the king...but i saw her smille so maybe she was happy with  him and their daughters

Guest thanhdda10

After watching ep 7, I don't really get the rationale behind switching the two babies. As Japyung is now king, he can easily protect Dongseong's son, if he say no, no one dare to say yes, there isn't a need to switch them really. Switching the two boys, he is unintentionally and unknowingly ruining their lives psychologically. One is supposed to be crown prince (his real son) growing up thinking he is the previous king's son and trying to ruin his biological father thinking that he coveted the throne from his father. While the other boy growing up thinking he would be king one day but in is in fact son of the previous king.  How twisted can it be for the two boys? 
After switching the two boys, his real son get sent to live with some one else outside his family and palace. While Dongseong's son gets to live with him, his family inside the palace. Is he that cruel? To be parted with his real son? To let the son grow up with some else beside his own family? Has nothing to do with his real son whatsoever? I can understand why his real son turn real bad later on in living his hole life trying to ruin his father's and his cousin's.
So what is his point in switching the two boys? His loyalty toward the previous king?  Or is he trying to protect Dongseong's lineage? Does he really want Dongseong's son to be king when he dies? If that so then it is so unfair to both of the boys especially his real son. He is so cruel to his family, loyalty above family? And no one would appreciate this loyalty of him anyway.  It's going to be hell break lose if this secret breaks out later, the court will be divided once again.  Those who sided with Dongseong's now will once again has the opportunity to voice their opinion after 20 years on a topic of which should have been extinguished after Japyung becomes king already.  
Or is the writer trying to find a way out for the love between Su Baek Hyang and Myong Nong at the end of this drama? She would find out that the love of her life isn't in fact her half brother but her cousin.  Is this going to make them ending up together? If that is the case then I don't appreciate this method at all. If their love is doomed then so be it...I rather have a sad but logical and realistic ending than having a illogical and unrealistic happy ending.
In order to save their love and trying to ruin the story is not justifiable at all in my opinion. 

@thanhdda10, that is my question as well.  is there really a need to switch the boys' identities?  once muryeong took the throne, i think the threat on jinmu's life does not exist anymore.  jinmu's life is under threat only if he becomes king at 3 years old, but he didn't assume the throne, japyung did.  
and i felt that muryeong sending his own son away to be raised by other people is being exceedingly cold and cruel to his own son.  
but this writer is a bit tricky, and writer has proven that he/she is logical most of the time.  so maybe writer has something up his sleeves?
i finished watching 8 and 9 already.  is gucheon deaf?  sometimes he reacts even if he is not face to face with the person talking to him.  but sometimes he acts as if he is deaf when the person is talking behind him.  does he have selective deafness? :))

JHJ fans from Korea, Japan, Thailand and China visited the set of "KIng's Daughter" today (Oct 12).  They prepared lunch for cast and crew, but JHJ was unable to join them for lunch because still filming up in the mountain.  He arrived past 1 pm and stayed for a short while only, has to go back up the mountain to film...
Sharing here some pictures:1379340_429955320450228_1677081301_n.jpg1374149_429955330450227_1621356257_n.jpg

1381620_364021277066174_659184985_n.jpg
1384263_364021280399507_1722592924_n.jpg
1381640_364021287066173_324765936_n.jpg
1378645_364021367066165_1394744546_n.jpg

The article just talks about Seo Hyun Jin's role in the drama as that of a simple and ordinary woman.  The article also mentions a scene where Seolnan (Seo Hyun Jin) will risk her life to save her sister Seolhee (Seo Woo).  It seems Seolhee will fall off a cliff.
20131014020302_0_59_20131014105110.jpg

'제왕의 딸, 수백향' 서현진, 풀밭 위 청초한 미모 '싱그럽네'

스포츠월드| 기사입력 2013-10-14 10:51 기사원문
배우 서현진이 산골소녀에 완벽 빙의했다.

서현진은 MBC 특별기획 ‘제왕의 딸, 수백향’에서 천성이 소박하고 평범한 여인으로 지극한 가족애를 품고 있는 인물, 수백향(설난)을 연기한다. 그녀는 12회부터 본격적으로 등장해 극을 이끌어갈 예정이다. 이 가운데 서현진 소속사 점프엔터테인먼트는 서현진이 담긴 ‘제왕의 딸, 수백향’ 촬영현장 사진을 공개했다. 공개된 사진 속 서현진은 풀밭 위 청초한 미모를 뽐내며 싱그러운 분위기를 연출하고 있다. 

지난 1회 첫 장면에서 보여준 핏빛 가득한 강렬한 모습과는 전혀 다른 순박한 산골소녀의 등장에 눈길을 끌고 있는 것. 이날 서현진은 한 손에 호미를 쥐고 쑥을 캐는 데 집중했으며 빈 바구니에 쑥으로 가득 채운 후에는 카메라를 향해 뿌듯한 미소를 지어보였다. 또 다른 사진에서는 호기심 가득한 얼굴로 오디의 냄새를 맡아보는 서현진이 포착됐으며 떨어진 밤을 발견하고는 얼른 주워 자랑이라도 하는 듯이 포즈를 취해 체험학습 현장을 방불케 했다.

또한 위험에 처한 설희(서우)를 구하러 절벽 아래로 내려가는 촬영도 거침없이 소화해내며 드라마에 대한 열정을 드러냈다. 서현진은 수묵화처럼 담백한 미모에 총기 있는 눈매를 지닌 ‘수백향(설난)’과 200% 싱크로율을 자랑하며 새로운 등장을 예고, 시청자들의 기대감을 한껏 끌어올리고 있다.

한편, ‘제왕의 딸, 수백향’은 매주 월∼금요일 저녁 8시55분에 방송된다

This article talks about actress Im Se Mi's first appearance in the drama.  She plays  Queen Eun Hye, the only daughter of Nae Suk (Eunsol Hae), and also the young Queen of King Muryeong.

임세미 ‘수백향’ 첫 등장 “숨겨왔던 끼 발산 하겠다”

매일경제| 기사입력 2013-10-14 09:40 기사원문
20131014_1381711146..jpg_59_201310140940

배우 임세미가 14일 방송되는 MBC 드라마 ‘제왕의 딸 수백향’에서 무령대왕(이재룡 분)의 정비인 은혜왕후로 첫 등장한다.

임세미는 ‘제왕의 딸 수백향’에서 매사에 긍정적이고 낙천적인 은혜왕후로 등장해 촬영장은 물론 극 중에서도 사랑스러운 해피 바이러스를 뿜어낼 예정이다.

임세미는 무령대왕인 이재룡의 어린 왕후이자 무령대왕의 충신 내숙(정성모 분)의 외동딸이다. 나이가 어린 탓에 가끔 철이 없는 행동을 하지만 그것마저 사랑스러운 여인이다. 무령대왕과 사이에서 소생은 없지만 누구보다 자신의 지아비를 생각하고 존경한다.

배우 임세미는 “오늘 방송에서 드디어 첫 등장인데 너무 설레네요. 첫 등장부터 숨겨왔던 많은 끼를 발산할 예정입니다. 시청자들이 은혜왕후를 많이 사랑해 주셨으면 좋겠습니다”라고 전하며 은혜왕후의 첫 등장에 많은 관심을 부탁했다.

[매일경제 스타투데이 이현우 기자 nobodyin@mk.co.kr]

Surprisingly this is a very good drama ... and I find myself enjoying it and eagerly awaiting the next episodes .... I especially like the development of the relationship between Kuchon and Chae wah, it was done very realistically.  The only thing that is a draw back for me in the forecasted 100+ episodes and we are only on 10 eps at the moment, hopefully they can keep it interesting enough to sustain my interest right to the last episode, my normally limit would be around 50 eps.

There will be no "King's Daughter" tonight (October 14) to give way to the baseball playoffs.  Ep 11 of KD will air tomorrow night....  
‘오로라공주·수백향’, 오늘(14일) 야구 중계로 결방

[OSEN=표재민 기자] MBC 일일드라마 ‘오로라공주’와 ‘제왕의 딸 수백향’이 14일 프로야구 중계로 인해 결방된다.

MBC는 이날 오후 5시 50분부터 프로야구 두산 베어스와 넥센 히어로즈의 준 플레이오프 5차전 경기를 중계방송한다. 

이에 따라 오후 7시 15분에 방송되는 ‘오로라공주’와 오후 9시에 방송되는 ‘제왕의 딸 수백향’이 방송되지 않는다. 오후 9시 30분에 전파를 탔던 ‘컬투의 베란다쇼’ 역시 결방된다.

MBC는 프로야구 중계로 인해 오후 8시에 방송되던 ‘뉴스데스크’를 오후 9시 30분에 방송할 예정이다. 또한 오후 10시에 방송되던 ‘불의 여신 정이’도 20분 가량 늦게 안방극장을 찾는다.

转自:osen

Guest thanhdda10

Yes this drama is unexpectedly good, I can't wait to see out OTP meet and the secret of Myeong Nong's identity revealedone thing is that I can't stand the girl who plays Seolhee. Although it is 100+ ep but each ep is only 30mins so altogether it is 50+ episodes. For a historical fiction sageuk, 50+ is around the usual length.

Seo Woo the actress playing SeolHee does overdo her eyes acting sometimes, like in the beginning of the drama. I think she is usually a good actress, judging from her past dramas but maybe this is her first time being a villain. Nevertheless, someone mentioned the relationship between GooChun and ChaeHwa and I thought that they deserved each other a lot. I'm actually really happy that ChaeHwa was willing to let go of her past with Muryeong and think about whats best for her situation right now with her child. I think that, that is really realistic and it's what anyone in her situation would've done. GooChun is such a poor soul that when ChaeHwa left with the baby I was crying for him, he is someone who deserve a chance at happiness and I'm glad ChaeHwa given him that chance. 
A side from the adults, I find baby SBH soooo freaking cute!! I love that part when GooChun was playing with the baby...awwes...her eyes were so big and that cute little double chins hahahaha. Man I swear, Korean babies are just soooo adorable...or maybe they just know how to cast good ones hahaha
I really can't wait til our OTP meet too....

I agree with all of you - this drama is surprisingly good.  So far, I feel this writer really knows where he/she is taking the story. There are no throw-away characters nor throw-away scenes in this drama.  everyone and everything serve a purpose, maybe not immediately apparent, but after a few episodes I go "ahhhh, so that is the meaning of that character or that scene or that props (the hairpins come to mind.)"  even the minor characters like Chae Hwa's and Gucheon's neighbours are written intelligently.  
When I first heard that JHJ is doing a daily drama, I was a bit surprised, because I never thought he would ever do a daily drama at this point in his career.  I thought he would stay with the mini-series format.  But now I understand why he took on this drama - the story is good, and the director is great as well.  Now I am really happy that JHJ joined this drama. Aside from being able to see him in the next 6 months, the story is very entertaining, and at the same time teaches us about so many things about love and life.
I shipped Chae Hwa with Gucheon as well.  But I am glad that the writer took the time to show us Chae Hwa grieving over her losses, and that at first Chae Hwa looks on Gucheon as a practical option to her situation.  At least the writer didn't make us believe that Chae Hwa falls in love with Gucheon right away.  I do feel that Chae Hwa eventually fell in love with Gucheon, but it was also a long process, not something that happened overnight.  It is just a shame that the fruit of their union (Seolhee) will turn out bad later on.  Oh well, a story always needs villains to make it more exciting.  :D

@prissymom
sorry for being slow but could you explain a bit about the differences between daily drama and mini-series? :D and it is Gucheon the right spelling for his name or Goochun? there's so many ways of spelling it I'm lost sometime hahaha

Archived