Kim Go Eun ♥ 김고은 ♥ 金高銀 ♥ คิมโกอึน ♥ キムゴウン - Upcoming Drama 2024: Eun Jung and Sang Yeon

Lids

47 minutes ago, ucylucy said:

@angjay I don't think that matters - male actors/idols will have always more fans and a bigger fanbase than female actress/idols because the majority of the consumers/target audiences are females. There's no point in determining popularity between actors /actresses because they have different fanbase depending on where and what their projects are/were.

Plus, Kim Go Eun is new to kdrama - she's only been introduce to kdrama less than 2 years ago - she was first introduce in Cheese In The Trap in early 2016. She may have been in the industry for 5 years but she took 2 years off to finish college after debuting in A Muse and have mostly starred in movies before CITT. Plus she doesn't conform to SK's ridiculous beauty standard - therefore she gets hate on a regular basis from knetizens for embracing and being true to herself. 

RJY is also in the same boat - because his features also doesn't conform to SK's beauty standard for men, he also receives a lot of hateful malicious comments too - his agency recently vow to sue those knetizens who continue to post malicious comments against him after being warned repeatedly  - one even went as far as to set up a hate cafe against RJY.

Well said. Can't agree more.

THAT GIF!:love:

• Like 3

Her dress was great and very suitable for her, I think she is not trying to stand out but maintain a classy image which stands apart from the rest. For some reason, I believe her stylist to be rather focus on androgynous look or a more boyish rather than completely feminine image.

Pairing with Ryu Jun Yeol was just amazing because I think they both have understated and natural faces with a focus on acting skill.

It will be dream come true for me if they star together in a production project.

I'm curious what her next role will be, same goes for GY and I am anticipating KES next drama for real! 

It's waste she didn't win any award but then again, she is still young. I wish a breakthrough role for her. 

High cut photos are just perfect.

• Like 5

Found this on twitter today - it was Kim Eun Sook who chose Kim Go Eun for Ji Eun Tak's role in Goblin! She thought KGE would do a a great job of portraying JET's complex character well. She was right. Thank you Kim Eun Sook for choosing Kim Go Eun!

Fan BTS photos of Kim Go Eun at the Baeksang 

cr : Thanks to owner source : dcinside 김고은 via KimGoEunTH

C--hDHfUIAEVWCB.jpg

Spoiler

C--hDHbUwAEnh96.jpg

C--hDHdUAAIAV0f.jpg

C--hDISUIAAupMr.jpg

C-8cin6XgAAAJZU.jpg

Fancam BTS of  Kim Go Eun presenting New Best Actor and Actress award with her very good friend Ryu Jun Yeol. They're so cute interacting off camera and you can tell they're great friends and very comfortable with each other.

More close up fan cams of KGE and RJY

Spoiler

Very nice fan taken pictures of KGE and RJY

C--M7OsUMAAG15e.jpg

Spoiler

C-59xwqWsAARwdY.jpg

C-59xwwXgAA8cbv.jpg

C-59xwpXYAE93ht.jpg

C--M7OsVYAMiQWM.jpg

C-_WBTdUIAEWKim.jpg

C-9p_SsUIAAtqNi.jpg

C-8hmK1XYAAxXv5.jpg

KGE teasing Ryu Jun Yeol (her co-star from Canola) and Um Tae Goo (co-star from Coin Locker Girls, thanks to @ChunSungIm)

C-_Ce35V0AAroJL.jpg&key=3f4347619d9e7808

Fancams of Kim Go Eun with Park Bo  Gum, Um Tae Goo and Ryu  Jun Yeol (Coin Locker Girl and Canola co-stars)

Spoiler
Park Bo Gum greeting Kim Go Eun, Kim Eun Sook and Lee Bong Euk. Um Tae Goo in the background looking to greet Kim Go Eun!:D

Ryu Jun Yeol saw his friends Um Tae Goo and Kim Go Eun and ran to meet them at 05:56 mark. You can tell they are very good friends.

Older pictures of KGE with RYJ 

Spoiler

Coin Locker Girl BTS

C-_Ge7BUMAAGJYJ.jpg

Only 김고은 on Twitter: "@onlygoeun From L-R: Kim Hee Chan, Ryu Jun Yeol, Kim Go Eun, Suho, Choi Minho, Kim Dong Hwan, Ji Soo"

15894301_1224082264305617_43683162964452

Edited by ucylucy
added new YT videos
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, ucylucy said:

Found this on twitter today - it was Kim Eun Sook who chose Kim Go Eun for Ji Eun Tak's role in Goblin! She thought KGE would do a a great job of portraying JET's complex character well. She was right. Thank you Kim Eun Sook for choosing Kim Go Eun!

For me Kim Go eun is the only actress in her 20s who can play 19 y cute girl and 29 y mature woman who got married and sacrificed her life to save kids ,

No wonder KGE got nominated for Baeksang awards twice for her 2 roles in CITT , Goblin .She already acted with a list stars " kim he soo , jeon do yeon , lee byung hun , youn yuh jung .

• Like 3

Another post-event fancam! I didn't know that she's close with Han Ye Ri. Both are very talented actress:)

I always thought PBG is older than GE hahaha It's good to see that she always keeps in touch with her former costars

@ucylucy Yup KES chose well, she always has good eyes on who can portray her characters the best ^^  From the way GE hugged her when she won, I think they must be really close by now :) Gotta love Goblin family

• Like 5

Kim Go Eun spending quality time with her best friends at soju tent! Love their deep friendship all the way from high school. She's lucky to have such great group of friends who always support her. :D

• Like 6

glad she have fun with her close friend even after loss (theres breakdown baeksang said she got zero voting for judge,dunno if thats true,because i think theres no way result which is secret and confidential goes public like that)

• Like 2

@ChunSungIm Yeah normally they wouldn't release the breakdown votes. But I think they did so, because many were questioning why Goblin didn't win the best drama. Honestly, I think My Dear Friend winning that category is considered fair too (it's really heartwarming), and KES got a Daesang afterall, so that makes up for it.

As for KGE, actually only 2 actresses who get votes; the other 3 didn't get a vote at all. I don't know what the criteria is, but those who got a vote actually have their characters' names as the title of the dramas, so yeah their roles must have been the focus point on those dramas (unlike Goblin). Hence, their roles might be considered harder to be successfully portrayed. Of course these are all my assumptions.

Anyway, getting nominated in Baeksang is still an achievement! There are many good actress, and even top A-listers who make a comeback to small screen last year, but instead GE made it to the shortlist. There are still a lot of time for her to impress the audience and the juries:D I'm just glad that after at first many were doubting whether she is good enough to play alongside  well-established senior actors like GY or LDW, and now with the nomination, it actually proves that she is certainly more than good enough. :D

P.S Are all Koreans have flawless skin? From the ig posts, not only GE but all of her friends also have perfect skin lol

• Like 3

These two are too cute and precious! Hoping to see another project with these two again - they have such great chemistry on stage along with cheesy dialogues when complimenting each other:lol:. Eng-sub of their Baeksang Arts Awards for Best New Drama Actor and Actress.

Older rticle about Kim Go Eun's close friendship with Ryu Jun Jeol, Park Bo Gum, Go Kyung Pyo, and Kim Hye Soo

Spoiler

Actress Kim Go Eun Talks About Friendship With Park Bo Gum, Go Kyung Pyo, and Ryu Jun Yeol 

kim-go-eun-feature.jpg

tvN’s drama “Cheese in the Trap” became one of the most popular dramas despite its handicap of airing on a cable channel and also airing at very late evening hours.

Another drama “Reply 1988” and its follow-up drama “Signal” became extremely popular as well. The common denominator of these three dramas is the fact that they’re all tvN’s dramas.

Another common denominator is the movie “Chinatown” (also known as “Coin Locker Girl”) where actress Kim Go Eun worked with actress Kim Hye Soo along with actors Park Bo Gum and Go Kyung Pyo of “Reply 1988.” Kim Go Eun had recently expressed how happy she is for her fellow actors.

Kim Go Eun commented, “I’m so glad Park Bo Gum and Go Kyung Pyo are both receiving so much love from the fans. We had so much fun making the movie ‘Chinatown’ together. The project was pulled together by rookie actors Park Bo Gum, Go Kyung Pyo, and the rookie director. We met for the first time working on the movie together. But we became close friends quickly. I only have good memories from that time. We always cheered each other on since then. I’m so happy that their drama ‘Reply 1988’ became such a big hit.”

Kim Go Eun is a self professed fan of the drama “Reply 1988.” Who did Kim Go Eun cheer on to be Duk Sun’s husband between Jung Hwan and Taek? She carefully revealed that she cheered on for Jung Hwan portrayed by actor Ryu Jun Yeol. It turns out they’re close friends as well.

kim-go-eun2.jpg

Kim Go Eun added, “I’m very good friends with Park Bo Gum and Ryu Jun Yeol both. Personally, I didn’t care who became Duk Sun’s husband ultimately. But as a fan of the drama, I hoped Ryu Jun Yeol would end up with Duk Sun. Taek is someone who needs constant care and I felt that would get old. On the other hand, Jung Hwan is someone who takes care of Duk Sun. I think a woman likes to feel protected and taken care of by a man.”

Kim Go Eun also mentioned that she received a lot of advices from her senior actress Kim Hye Soo. Kim Go Eun felt motivated to do a good job on the drama “Cheese in the Trap” thanks to Kim Hye Soo’s wise input.

Kim Go Eun went onto say, “Since it was my first drama, Kim Hye Soo showed heartfelt concern for me. She told me a lot about what to expect on location. She told me to go prepared. She even texted me an encouraging message saying, ‘Recording the drama isn’t that hard.’ I also sent her a text message before the first episode of her drama ‘Signal’ aired. I said, ‘You’re gonna kill it.’ After it aired, I texted her saying, ‘It was awesome. You’re so cool.’ I’m so grateful to her. She’s awesome.”

Source (1)

Cr Soompi

• Like 4

Arjenia ig update :) 

Trans : Go Eun, and joh-eun (good or great feeling?) Yeah something along that line. I think it's a pun :D Or is it related to the upcoming fm idk

Btw @ucylucy I cringe so hard when RJY praised KGE. How could he said it with a straight face :lol:

Anyway some acting appreciation post (and I'm trying to use imgur for the first time, let's see whether it works)

FBGi02u.jpg

• Like 2

84287299.1.jpg

kimgoeunthailandfanclub [Official] 2017.05.10 Kim Go Eun, the first fan meeting, fifth anniversary of her debut

Actress Kim Go Eun holds her first fan meeting on the fifth anniversary of her debut.

‘고은; 날_다섯 번째 봄, 첫 번째 만남'
Kim Go-eun's first fan meeting will be held at 2:00 pm on Sunday, May 21, at the Auditorium of Mia Unjeong Green Campus of Sungshin Women's University.

The title of this fan meeting, 'Go Eun; Day 'uses the name of Kim Go Eun, which reminds of the word' fine 'meaning' neat and beautiful ' and Kim Go Eun have two meanings: a day that is the main character and Kim Go Eun and the fans are a beautiful and beautiful day.

Kim Go Eun, who has been loved by this steady activity, will have a first meeting with his fans after her debut five years with this fan meeting. Especially, since this fan meeting is the first place for fans who have always loved for five years, Kim Goo Eun participated in the fan meeting planning and presented various ideas and added meaning.

Kim said, "It is very excited because it is the first fan meeting. I have always been a fan of love, but I am so happy to have fan meeting for the first time. I hope it will be fun, but I hope that fans will enjoy it easily, and I hope that it will be a day that fans will not forget. "

Meanwhile, Kim Go-eun's first fan meeting 'Go Eun; Day The Fifth spring, the first meeting 'and the ticket reservation will be announced through Interpark site (ticket.interpark.com). The opening ticket will be held at 12:00 pm today (pre-registration is available from 9:00 am), and the general reservation will open at 12:00 pm on the 12th.

source : DongA
Trans Kim Go Eun Thailand Fan Club
Photo : Hodu and U Entertainment

Translation Credit: kimgoeunthailandfanclub

Spoiler

arjenia's translation of Kim Go Eun's fan meeting (Go Eun's name is so pretty!!)

[17.05.21.] 고은;날 다섯 번째 봄, 첫 번째 만남
Goeun ; Day. The fifth spring, The first meeting.
(Goeun-It is not only Kim Goeun's name
but also a meaning of beautiful things in Korean)

따뜻한 다섯 번째 봄날,
오는 21일 김고은의 설레이는 첫 번째 만남이
시작됩니다.

A warm day of the fifth spring,
Coming 21st, Heart fluttering meeting with
'Kim Go Eun' will begin.

Spoiler

I'm so excited for her first fan meeting!! It's great that they're finally advertising even though the date is so close. She looks so pretty. I hope she will have a successful fan meet. I hope she will have a segment where she brings her close friends on stage and just have a singing fest with them. Kim Go Eun and her friends are so musically talented and I hope she showcases her beautiful voice.

@molyb I love the cheesy dialogues with Ryu Jun Yeol! It's cute to see her interaction with other actors and actresses when she's not so shy and her personality comes out. That's when she really shines. Wouldn't it be cool if she invited him for her fan meet? They're really good friends and I like to see more of the easy camaraderie and repertoire she has with him - that way her first fan meet wouldn't be so nerve wrecking for her.

P.S. Please let there be lots of fan cams and wishing that Arjenia will share her fan meet on IG. 

• Like 5