Fujii Mina ♥ TVN Sitcom Potato Star 2013QR3 + Orbis + Hans Uniform

Guest zzainal

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zzainal

Translation credit @lighthousenut Thanks for the translation.This is a summary of a TV talk show discussion Mina participated in when she was in her fourth year of college.

Mina started acting when she was in fourth grade (nine years old), when her mother suggested that she audition for a play at the Niigata City Art and Cultural Center. She went to the audition holding her mother’s hand, and she got accepted in a very important role—playing a boy. She said everyone in the play would be affected if one person failed, so she was very worried and nervous. After the last performance of the season, she said she cried and couldn’t stop. She said she had never cried before without being sad, but she learned that she could cry due to her heart being touched by the experience.

When Mina was in the play at nine years old, her director said, “Whenever I saw her, she was like a shining fairy girl, a standout, something not human, an unexplainable persona.”

Mina was in a play every year while in school. When she was in her second year of junior high (eighth grade), she decided she wanted to become an actress. She attended high school in Kanagawa, near Tokyo, and in 2006 she appeared in her first professional role in the movie “Simsons,” which was about the winter sport curling. She did a wonderful job.

She also talked about a horror movie she was in, and she sometimes wondered, “What kind of a person am I in real life?”

In the TV interview, Mina said that she loves to walk alone so she can enjoy her surroundings, go shopping, eat snacks and so on. She said that as an actress she wants to be like pure white canvas, starting with no colors. She wants to be part of the process of adding the colors.

She said that she hardly ever gets angry in her personal life, but she decided it was okay to be angry as a character in a play or movie. When she portrays a character with traits she hasn’t experienced, she said has to study the character well so she can open her imagination and play the part well.

In the end of the TV discussion, Mina wrote this saying on white paper: “Now pure white canvas, someday I’ll become a chameleon.”

Mina said that she doesn’t want to have just one color, someday she will be able to change colors at will.

Thanks @zzainal @lighthousenut‌ !!! She is such a private person that it's always a treat to learn how she thinks. Even though this video is from awhile back, I feel, she's always worked earnestly and diligently at her craft. She has an emotional connection to acting... And she always aspires to do better and better at it. I find her cerebral side just as attractive, if not more, than her natural beauty! :x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zzainal

Foreign entertainers no longer rarity

Actors, comedians ... they are all over

By Kim Ji-soo 

Japanese actress Mina Fujii featured only briefly in the 2012 television drama “Emperor of Drama.” She had a very small role and her Korean was at a beginner’s level. But instantly, people began inquiring about her on the Internet. There was a demand for actresses such as Fujii in the Korean entertainment industry.

Having acted since she was a teen, Fujii was not a stranger to the Korean entertainment sector. She appeared in music videos with TVXQ, when it was still a five-member K-pop group, and the actor/singer Jang Keun-suk, who is known as “Prince of Asia.” Serendipity was it? Maybe it was. The Japanese actress however was frank and straightforward in saying that she came to Korea after a search for her niche in the competitive acting industry.
“I fell in love with ‘Winter Sonata’ as a viewer and started learning Korean. I didn’t study Korean with a certain purpose back then. I also liked how the drama continued for 45 minutes and had a different story and ambience,” said Fujii in an interview with The Korea Times. An actress since teen, the Niigata-native turned serious about making her entry into the Korean market when work dwindled after graduation from Keio University.

“My parents allowed me to act on the condition that I get into a good high school in Tokyo, which I did. It was okay to have limited roles as a college student/actress,” said Fujii, adding however that things were not so when she became a full-time actress. She pondered greatly about her choices, and bet on the Korean market.
The 25-year-old actress who is active both in Japan and Korea is currently starring in a 45 part cable drama “Potato Star.” She joins the slowly-growing list of foreign stars active in Korea as the foreign community in Korea expands in the global era. Statistics show that 1.5 million foreigners reside in Korea. Of them, 750,000 are multicultural family members whose number is expected to grow to 1 million by 2020.

Her love interest in the drama is the Canada-born Julian Kang.
Fujii said that starting out anew as an actress in Korea means having freedom to pursue diverse roles.

“In Japan, I played a certain type of a role, say, a rich girl. But here in Korea, I can do a multitude of roles,” Fujii said. With her big eyes and Western-looking features, it’s hard to pinpoint her as a Japanese, meaning a wider spectrum as an actress, an advantage that will be amplified once her Korean further improves. In the meanwhile, she is avidly staying true to her rookie spirit. Her improving Korean is aiding her efforts, she said.
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2014/02/386_150975.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived