• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_n5iikm9ijA1tttc62o1_1280.png
tumblr_n5iikm9ijA1tttc62o2_r1_1280.png
12/5/2014 Fujii Mina Blog Entry

[Translation of Fujii Mina’s Blog Entry]

Bye Bye Potato Star☆

Recently I have appeared in interviews for magazines and in TV programs related to the movie “Joshi-z”. One of them is a shoot where 5 members of Joshi-z get together after a long absence and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Please check the various kinds of magazines that are scheduled to be sold this month. As you can expect, when 5 girls from the same generation gather, their talk is endless and endless.☆ I have not had many shoots with a lot of girls lately, it was a refreshing and fun shoot. By the way, the long version of the preview for “Joshi-Z” can be accessed here. Please take a look. It makes you laugh☆

The show “Potato Star” which has been on air for a long period of time is coming to an end very soon. There was a sad parting scene that, if it was meant to be, Mina and Julian will be able to meet in a year time…As they are meant to be together, I believe they will surely be able to meet each other after one year.☆ I finished being in the shoot and now I am full of sadness because I cannot go to the shooting location of “Potato Star” anymore, which became part of my life for half of the year. I hope I can challenge myself with something new again, utilising things I have learnt from the “Potato Star” shoot. Please pay close attention to the end of “Potato Star.”☆

cr: https://www.facebook.com/FansOfMinaFujii & http://minafujii.exblog.jp/

tumblr_n62grwt5RI1tttc62o1_r2_1280.png
tumblr_n62grwt5RI1tttc62o2_1280.png

23/5/2014 Fujii Mina Blog Entry

The 24th of May!

I will appear in the variety show “Bankuruwase (=unexpected circumstances)” which will be on air from 13:30 on Fuji TV channel on the 24th of May (Sat.). Because I have not been casted much in Japanese TV variety shows, I was nervous but had fun in the shoot. I hope you can watch it without fail. You will be able to watch the movie “Jyoshizu” there as well.♪ I promptly opened the link of the TV schedule to make a booking to record the show, so as to not to forget about it, and I found a program commemorating the opening of the movie “MONSTERZ” from 15:55 on Nihon TV. This program is also a must watch!

Then there is another one on the 24th. In Korea, “SEBAKI” will be aired from 11:10 pm on MBC. This will be my second appearance in SEBAKI but I think I could talk a lot more than last time. So do not miss it if you are in Korea.☆

On the 24th plenty of stuff to watch. Please do not forget to watch all.♪ I would love to talk again about the programs in detail after we see them. The photograph was taken when I had lunch with a friend of mine. I have had a relaxing time recently, after the drama shoot ended. I am wondering if I can challenge myself in learning something new.

cr: https://www.facebook.com/FansOfMinaFujii & http://minafujii.exblog.jp/

tumblr_n6g1q8ieZu1tttc62o1_1280.png
tumblr_n6g1q8ieZu1tttc62o2_1280.png

Barfout #22

All Around Us

“Rather afraid of being disliked, go forward to be loved.”

I was in fourth grade, nine years old, when I became clearly conscious of what others thought of me. At that time, being a transfer student in a new school, one that was an established community, for the first time I thought deeply about human relationships. It was then that I started noticing many things I had never been conscious of before.

In school it became apparent that there were the flamboyant groups and the quiet groups, and talking to the opposite sex drew curious stares all around. I recognized for the first time that people sometimes talked badly of others. Even now I remember asking my mother, “Speaking poorly of others is not nice, is it?”

Being the new student and not knowing anyone, I was observing this behavior objectively. I made a promise to myself that I would become a person who did not speak badly of other people and to be a person about whom others didn’t say bad things. I thought I would always have this conviction.

When I went to high school, for the first time I worried about whether I would be able to keep my promise to myself. I started working in the entertainment industry, and between working and studying I became more worried about other peoples’ stares. Even though I was trying hard not to say bad things about others, I wondered if I was becoming a person everyone likes? I thought, “I have to become one.” These thoughts never left my head.

The more I associated with people the more I found it difficult to get along with everyone, because there were various people with various natures and thinking. When I look back, I realize that I knew even then that it was misguided to even think that not disagreeing with people was a way to be liked by people. At that time I thought I could erase my own color and become neutral. But I also discovered that there were people who could voice their opinion and still get along with others. However, I, at that time, was worrying too much about the people around me.

That is why, when I saw the movie “All Around Us,” I thought the very serious heroine Shyoko resembled myself. With tears she said to her husband, “I wanted to do better, yet I couldn’t do well.” Her husband, Kanao, spoke to her softly, “It’s better to be loved abundantly by those you love and to be disliked by everyone else. That is better.”

A person like Kanao also appeared in my own life after I had become a “shakaijin.” (This label doesn’t translate easily into English. It means something like a contributing member of society. In this case Mina means after she graduated from school and began working.) My friend was cheerful, she had her own will and she was loved by everybody. For her, Kanao’s words might have been natural and even trivial to her, but they became unforgettable to me. “Strive not to be disliked, rather strive to be loved.”

If I set a positive goal like this for myself I know I’ll see more smiling faces around me. I now live believing this is so.

The end.

Photos credit to @meimei264
Translation
credit to @lighthousenut

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_n7048jOqbI1tttc62o1_1280.pngtumblr_n7048jOqbI1tttc62o2_500.png

5/6/2014 Fujii Mina Blog Entry

Make a fresh start

Everyone! Have you seen the magazines and tv programs related to Jyoshizu? I cannot help but look forward to the movie opening on the 7 of June. I am extremely happy to be able to meet the five girls who cannot gather easily again on the 7th because the opening ceremony for the Jyoshizu movie is scheduled to do a greeting on the stage. The fact some of my friends said they saw “Monsterz” was very moving. The movie is a powerful movie. I had better watch it in a cinema.☆

Then, to tell you about myself recently, I have spent many days in shoots intensively on the Japanese country side. Because the shooting place was full of nature, I have been busy…but I have been healed by beautiful glowing buds and the smell of trees and plants in the early summer. I wish I can talk about the story soon-…

Moreover, I have moved recently. Changing the environment that I have been used to is a big event due to my personality and it would take me a long time to get used to a new place. However, I realised that work like scraping off unnecessary stuff and recognising valuable things which have been buried till now are really important. It may apply in human relationships and life itself. Whilst making a fresh start, I feel good every day.

cr: https://www.facebook.com/FansOfMinaFujii & http://minafujii.exblog.jp

Archived