• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

tumblr_n75r37PyCV1tttc62o1_1280.png
tumblr_n75r37PyCV1tttc62o2_1280.png

14/6/2014 Fujii Mina’s Blog Entry

[Translation of Fujii Mina’s Blog Entry]

Effective use of time

I thought it was going to be hot like summer but it has become a rainy season now. It is somewhat difficult to make a choice of cloths in this season.

The photo was taken when I was excited, thinking summer had already come and before the rainy season began. That day, we had a wild storm in the evening and it ended up being a terrible day after all. (lol) These days I have had rushed shooting sessions in all kinds of places in the country side and in Tokyo but the shooting is coming to its final stages soon. Because I don’t have much time at home, I feel greater accomplishment than usual when I can manage my laundry and tiding up with the small amount of time I can spend on it. The timing of doing the laundry is important since we are in the rainy season! Apart from that, during a break from a shoot in Tokyo, I managed to spend some time again having tea together with a friend of mine, who I have not seen for a long time.

A photo with a great smile can be taken somehow when I have food in front of me. By the way, were you able to watch the movie on screen yet? Starting with the movie premier, I have been so happy to have received your heart warming support on every occasion. I will do my best to be energised by the support I receive from all of you. Thank you for your continued support.

cr: https://www.facebook.com/FansOfMinaFujii & http://minafujii.exblog.jp/

tumblr_n7pm7hd0GI1tttc62o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n7pm7hd0GI1tttc62o2_1280.png
Barfout #23

“Still Walking”   

Those related, both by blood and not by blood, shape a family.

When I was young it was a big event, happening twice a year: Traveling back to my Grandmas’ homes. For me, living in an apartment at that time, I was excited to be sleeping in their two-story, single-family homes. I’d travel with special snacks and ride long hours on the shinkansen (bullet train) to get there. My grandparents lived in Yamaguchi and in nearby Fukuoka. Both lived in the countryside surrounded by nature. I used to play with my cousins, who were about my age, and although I was an only child I felt like I had siblings. With two grandmothers, I wonder how old I was when I realized that my mother used “Mother” to refer to both her own mother and to Grandma Yamaguchi, who was her mother-in-law.

The movie “Still Walking” tells the story of Ryota as he visits his family over two days in commemoration of his brother’s passing. The message was so profound that I could not take my eyes off the characters, some of whom were related by blood and some related not by blood, as they shaped a family and as they spent two days together, each harboring his or her own thoughts. Watching this movie was like smelling tatami (straw floor mats) and trees. The reason is those are the smells of my grandma’s house. I haven’t been back to visit recently, but those smells may be common to Japanese grandmas’ homes in the countryside.

When three generations of family get together, not everyone pays attention to each other person’s conversation, and the children often disregard Grandma’s stories and just make a racket. In the movie, the children’s mother said this and that because she worried about their grandmother. Even with all this going on, the grandmother had the steadfastness to keep talking despite the fact that the family was far from united, and yet the home had the air of people who still cared for each other. I thought, This is what a family is.

At the same time, because these people were blood related, they became what in Japanese is called amaeru (this means something between dependence and attachment in English). They became selfish. In the same space of this family’s gathering entered a daughter-in-law, who, of course, was not blood related. Because she had just recently joined the family, her presence was like adding sansyo, a Japanese cooking pepper, to the family, which altered the taste. Because she had not been with the family for a long time, she probably saw the atmosphere of the family as warmer than it actually was.

The feeling of longing from watching this movie was like a delicious meal served at my grandparents’ homes. It tasted very similar to my mother’s cooking, but it was a little different. The taste of vegetables seemed very rich, and the taste of the sansyo made the taste of the meals I ate there especially delightful.

The end.

Photos credit to @meimei264
Translation
credit to
@lighthousenut

tumblr_n7qhdtk9Dv1tttc62o1_1280.png
tumblr_n7qhdtk9Dv1tttc62o2_1280.png

25/6/2014 Fujii Mina’s Blog Entry

[Translation of Fujii Mina’s Blog Entry]

Ladies’ tresses (Pearl twist)

I found the flowers “ladies’ tresses” that I have loved since my childhood.

This flower looks like it’s going around on the spot but it is actually growing upward. It gives me courage somehow. Because I have spent a lot of time travelling, recently, I have not stopped reading many paperback books that I bought in a book shop. Every time I visit book shops, they excite me! My favourite right now is a novel called “Juju”(the sound of sizzling) by Banana Yoshimoto. This is a story located in a steak house. It is a sensitive and heart felt story. I truly love all of the novels by Banana Yoshimoto. Please read the book without fail.♪

The other day when I was bored in a waiting room in a shoot, out of the blue I started playing the part of a policewoman in an investigation room looked through the blinds of a window, like you would see often in a detective drama. However, what I saw was only my face peeking back at me because it was night time and the window was reflecting like a mirror. I suddenly started feeling shy but I took the opportunity to take a photo anyway. Even detectives cannot get a look outside if the investigation is on at night!

cr: https://www.facebook.com/FansOfMinaFujii & http://minafujii.exblog.jp/

• 1 month later...

Mina was on Japanese TV show commenting Korean drama "Empress Gi".

Baek Jin Hee who was introduced as Hongki's just friend on WGMG seemed to play villainess role in "Empress Gi". 

Then Mina commented about Baek Jin Hee's great acting skill.

cr: hm32715 from soompi / [Official] Lee Hongki and Fujii Mina (Global We Got Married Couple) Thread

imageimageimage

Cr: http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/01/shinhwas-kim-dong-wan-to-star-in-new-short-film-empty-dream-and-musical-hedwig/

Cr: https://www.facebook.com/FansOfMinaFujii

短編映画「一場春夢」
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002324878

safe_image.php?d=AQAkG8IHQCbJnFV3&w=470&김동완·최필립·후지이 미나, 단편 '일장춘몽' 캐스팅[스타뉴스 안이슬 기자] 그룹 신화의 김동완과 배우 최필립, 일본 배우 후지이 미나가...NEWS.NAVER.COM

Archived