Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

Park Seo Joon And IU’s Film “Dream” Surpasses 1 Million Moviegoers

Park Seo Joon And IU’s Film “Dream” Surpasses 1 Million Moviegoers

Park Seo Joon and IU’s sports film “Dream” has surpassed one million moviegoers!

According to Plus M Entertainment, “Dream” officially reached a total of 1,000,877 moviegoers on May 11, the 16th day of its release.

Created by director Lee Byung Hun of “Extreme Job” and “Melo is My Nature,” “Dream” tells the story of a group of people playing soccer for the first time for the Homeless World Cup. Park Seo Joon stars as Yoon Hong Dae, a professional soccer player on disciplinary probation who becomes the coach of the ragtag soccer team, while IU plays producing director Lee So Min who is making a documentary about the team.

Check out the celebratory Instagram post below!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsFWqVjpFR-/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=876add76-45d9-4e4d-a6a5-0f31125f1d3e

“Dream” is the second Korean film of 2023 to exceed one million moviegoers following Hyun Bin and Hwang Jung Min’s “The Point Men.”

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Dream”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1586426wpp/park-seo-joon-and-ius-film-dream-surpasses-1-million-moviegoers

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Korean film 'Dream' reaches 1 million tickets sold

Main poster for ″Dream″ [PLUS M ENTERTAINMENT]

Main poster for ″Dream″ [PLUS M ENTERTAINMENT]

“Dream,” starring IU (real name Lee Ji-eun) and Park Seo-joon, reached one million sold tickets on Thursday, the sixteenth day of its release, distributor Plus M Entertainment announced the same day.

Helmed by director Lee Byeong-heon, known for his 2019 film “Extreme Job,” which garnered 16 million sold tickets, “Dream” is a comedy film based on the real story of an amateur football team consisting of homeless people entering the Homeless World Cup, a football championship joined by other homeless football teams around the world.

“Dream” had previously become the first Korean film to top the domestic box office in 50 days on April 27, as foreign-made films had dominated box offices for nearly two months with the successes of “The First Slam Dunk” and “Suzume” – both Japanese animations.  

Plus M Entertainment made the announcement based upon the Korean Film Council’s integrated computer network for ticket sales.

BY LIM JEONG-WON [lim.jeongwon@joongang.co.kr]
credit : JoongAngDaily
  • Like 3

*** In the new interview, IU candidly and delightfully shared behind-the-scenes stories about "Dream" . When asked about her experience working with Park Seo Joon and what kind of person and actor he is, IU responded, “I didn’t have many opportunities to chat with Seo Joon privately. But whenever I observed him from a distance, I always felt he was truly remarkable. He managed to maintain the same tension and energy without ever faltering. I felt his incredible stamina in keeping that up. We filmed for about four years, and although I didn’t see him every day, I never once showed a disappointing attitude. Not even for a moment. I really think he’s an amazing and charismatic actor.”   :Megalol:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230511130551379

• Like 2

"Dream" Key Highlight

* Dream crosses 1 million moviegoers in 16 days. According to Plus M Entertainment, the movie recorded a cumulative audience of 1,000,877 on the morning of May 11th. It has been 16 days since it was released on April 26th. Among Korean films released this year, it is the second time that the number of cumulative audiences has exceeded 1 million. However, the movie also failed to break even. With a production cost of 13.9 billion won, the movie has a break-even point of 2.2 million. The movie, which debuted at No. 1 at the box office on the first day of its release and signaled a good start, came down from the top with the release of Super Mario Bros. Since, Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3 was released and fell to third place at the box office. From the second week of release, the audience started to decline and in the third week, the number of daily audiences has fallen to the 10,000 level. In fact, breaking through the break-even point has become difficult.   :popcornjackson:

• Like 1

*** Looking forward for “The Marvels” release next, which is set to release in November. This new installment is a sequel to “Captain Marvel” released in 2019. It tells the story of Carol Danvers (Brie Larson) and became the first female-centric film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, earning $1.1 billion at the box office. “Guardians of the Galaxy 3” is doing well box-office wise in Korea and I hope this upcoming movie will continue the momentum. Well, in my viewpoint, flashy CGI and spectacular action are meaningless without a solid story. Wait & see.....  :sweet:

20230512095245256zmmy.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230512095245085

• Like 2

[Box office] Movies in theaters this week

“Dream”

(South Korea)

Opened April 26

Drama

Directed by Lee Byeong-heon

Yoon Hong-dae (Park Seo-joon), a professional soccer player-turned-coach, is put on disciplinary probation after becoming involved in an unexpected incident and is tasked with coaching the South Korean national soccer team for the Homeless World Cup tournament in Budapest, Hungary.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

• Like 2

*** It's Rose Day in Korea May 14. According to a poll of 1,515 people conducted by sevenedu, Jimin was selected as the top star voters want to exchange roses with on Rose Day. He was chosen by 727 people in this latest poll, ranking 1st with 48% of the vote. He was followed by Stray Kids' Hyunjin with 18.3%, Kang Daniel with 17%, and Park Seo Joon with 13.3%.  :Megalol:

• Like 2

*** According to reports, “Doctor Cha” is now the drama with the fourth-highest ratings in JTBC history overtaking "Itaewon Class". Sigh..... Sorry, that I have mixed feelings. I still love Park Seo Joon's "Itaewon Class", though.   :ohboy2:

• Like 2

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.05.12 ~ 2023.05.14

The number one movie this week is "Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3"

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3"   711 825 2 725 916
2 "The Super Mario Bros. Movie"   198 352 2 062 683
3 "Crayon Shin-chan: Mononoke Ninja Chinpūden" (クレヨンしんちゃん もののけニンジャ珍風伝)   118 382 506 745
4 "Dream - 2020" (드림) 2023/04/26 61 170 1 071 310
5 "This is the President" (문재인입니다) 2023/05/10 48 583 74 577
6 "Suzume" (すずめの戸締まり)   43 291 5 388 558
7 "John Wick: Chapter 4"   36 523 1 888 741
8 "The First Slam Dunk" (『THE FIRST SLAM DUNK』)   17 930 4 648 670
9 "your name". (君の名は。)   16 206 3 847 779
10 "Long D" (롱디) 2023/05/10 13 757 25 904

• Like 2

*** The Korean Film Council (KOFIC) said on Monday that Korean movies attracted 1.73 million viewers last month, accounting for 24.8 percent of total moviegoers. They reported that Korean films are going through a box office slump, drawing fewer than 2 million viewers for three consecutive months. The top three box office hits last month were all foreign movies. Korean movies "Rebound" and "Dream" placed fourth (W6.2 billion) and fifth (W5.2 billion), respectively. Both are sports films based on true stories. The KOFIC said, "People have become pickier about movies due to increased ticket prices, and as two Korean films with a similar subject were released at the same time, they failed to attract attention."  :weary:  :tears:

• Like 2

*** The movie "Dream" still has mixed reviews but, at least it made its money back and went in the right direction in terms of bringing in moviegoers. I feel that K-cinema is struggling hard with the effects of streaming. But, foreign movies are

doing just fine. Anyway, I'm looking forward to MORE Park Seo Joon's projects this year.   :shaq:

• Like 2

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2023.05.19 ~ 2023.05.21

The number one movie this week is "Fast X"

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Fast X"   614 855 843 295
2 "Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3"   388 245 3 347 332
3 "The Super Mario Bros. Movie"   96 684 2 193 404
4 "Crayon Shin-chan: Mononoke Ninja Chinpūden" (クレヨンしんちゃん もののけニンジャ珍風伝)   68 541 602 270
5 "Suzume" (すずめの戸締まり)   37 947 5 445 578
6 "This is the President" (문재인입니다) 2023/05/10 17 875 104 819
7 "Dream - 2020" (드림) 2023/04/26 13 426 1 107 597
8 "Triangle of Sadness"   12 790 25 411
9 "John Wick: Chapter 4"   9 946 1 913 502
10 "The First Slam Dunk" (『THE FIRST SLAM DUNK』)   7 560 4 660 911
  • Like 2

*** On May 21st, Park Seo Joon posted several photos with a fighting emoji. In the released photos, he showed glimpses into his daily life through candid photos. Poor him..............he looks so tired in several images. In one of the pictures, he was captured dozing off while waiting for the food. In another one, a tired look with a growing mustache and beard is visible.   :7555_attack:

park-seo-joon-2-220523.webp

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsfkvjJyobk/?hl=en

• Like 2

10 best romantic K-dramas on Netflix with their IMDb ratings

6. What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim (2018)

• K-drama Genre: Comedy, Mystery, Romance 
  • Running Time: 62–76 minutes
  • Star Cast: Park Min Young, Park Seojoon, Lee Tae Hwan
  • Director: Ji Yeong Choi, Joon Hwa Park  `
  • Writer: Jung Eun Young, Kyung Yoon Jung
  • Year of release: 2018
  • OTT Platform: Netflix, Hulu
  • IMDb Rating: 8.1/10

Another romantic K-drama that you’ll probably be elated if you decided to watch is What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.

This 2018 show is directed by Ji Yeong Choi, and Joon Hwa Park and written by Jung Eun Young, and Kyung Yoon Jung.

The show features the best of Park Min Young, Park Seojoon, and Lee Tae Hwan among several others. Moreover, it is a highly-rated 16-episode K-drama about a business heir that’s available on Netflix to stream.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/best-romantic-k-dramas-on-netflix-1222334

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** "Fight for My Way"  was on its sixth anniversary on May 22. I like this drama of Park Seo Joon. It has a good storyline. It highlights his agyeo, too. - hahaha - It stole my heart. It's just adorable. I love his transition between serious and comedic scenes in the drama. From playful teasing to heart-fluttering gestures, this kind of cuteness added an irresistible charm to the drama and made me love his character.   :sweet:

1805463307_ab67616d0000b2735f58d53b06e7a

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 K-Dramas With Big Age Gaps Between The Romantic Leads

It happens more often than we realize.

XdHtAhzz1qHLkM1046NpQ4DrknvJgbu5KyqEC6gW

1. A Witch’s Love

7cf7gfgrPG1RXV8p1E_6E11aM-0KMZdB_fyJYWJ_AUH2XOCB1w5BDZnDyHBZiSM5yLfwRaipajtHhviqLoRUWJGxmsne-Vf66ydzv-IacRgw_g=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

This 2014 tvN drama starred Uhm Jung Hwa and Park Seo Joon in the leading roles of Ban Ji Yeon and  Yoon Dong Ha, respectively. The plot revolves around the protagonists finding love as they learn to find common ground between them, despite their age difference. In the show, Ji Yeon was a 39-year-old reporter, and Dong Ha is a 25-year-old store owner.

In reality, when the drama was airing, Park Seo Joon was 26 years old, and Uhm Jung Hwa was 45 years old, making their off-screen age gap a whopping 19 years!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/6-k-dramas-big-age-gap-romantic-leads/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors! The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from April 29 to May 29. Park Seo

Joon took 6th place in the rankings with a brand reputation index of 3,653,735.  :popcornjackson:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Son Suk Ku
  2. Song Joong Ki
  3. Ma Dong Seok
  4. Jeon Do Yeon
  5. Kim Hye Soo
  6. Park Seo Joon
  7. Kim Tae Ri
  8. Heo Sung Tae
  9. Hyun Bin
  10. Cho Seung Woo

(skipped unrelated.....)

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202305290911039041499def050a_30

• Like 1