[Drama 2013] Marry Him If You Dare 미래의 선택

Guest msmall

OK so I waited for the subs thinking I need to make sure what everyone was saying but honestly I could have watched the raw video and get the same impression: The writer finally gave up and went back to the same old Kdrama cliche - time leap of 2-3 years + cheesy open ending :)). However for a moment there I almost thought she might make it work when the FKS showed up, I could almost see a happy ending but that lasted about 10 sec as FKS disappeared into thin air (I guess that timeline has a more fancy-non-elevator operated time machine :))) and things carried on pretty much the way everyone predicted.
 This is going to be mean but I have to say I had a LOL moment when SJ got shot down yet again with the whole New York thing, I mean if anyone ever described the concept of clingy it has to be SJ, don't get me wrong perseverance is good but at some point you have to stop and move on preferably before the 7th or 8th rejection :)).
 I've seen the info about the change of lead that occurred in the story and I have to say that doesn't change anything about my take on the series as a whole, it's not like we know for a fact that YH as the lead would have made a difference (I personally think it would have been worse) and if you agree to make this change before the series starts you keep going with it till the end or things get botched up big time as we all witnessed all too many times - another black ball for the writer.    
 Anyway to end on a positive note it's been great seeing LDG again after 5 years and I hope he gets a new role soon maybe one that actually lets him shine and it's great to see HCA is keeping busy - I'm sure her big break is coming since she's too good for second lead roles, at least in my opinion.

P.S. Once again a soompi thread saves a Kdrama for me :) Hope to see you all in the other threads out there with a better story to talk about! :)

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mcromance

For all SeKyung shippers, someone made us a favor and we now know, how SJ fell for YK:

tumblr_mx7xtqfyIy1qa2qydo2_250.giftumblr_mx7xtqfyIy1qa2qydo3_250.gif
tumblr_mx7xtqfyIy1qa2qydo6_250.giftumblr_mx7xtqfyIy1qa2qydo5_250.gif
tumblr_mx7xtqfyIy1qa2qydo4_250.giftumblr_mx7xtqfyIy1qa2qydo1_250.gif
[ Ooh Lala Couple x Marry Him If You Dare: SeKyung’s water fate]
cr: everybodycoffeeshop.tk

Now please kill me, ok? Or just rip my heart out of my chest, so it stop hurting seeing those two...

star+roll said: She was smiling at Seju after meeting him for the first time in awhile, but ended up with Shin.   =D>
After watching the raw, the end scene with the box sealed it that it's Shin like mentioned.  That's ajumma and she's with FKS.  They both get to see that in another time their son grew up happily.  FMR loved her son the most.  Not another kid.   For FKS to see his wife with a child from another man seems kind of weird.   Oh well, you never know with this writer though. ;))

Guest mcromance

littlelynn said: I don't think SJ saying he will definitely fall for YK if he met her first at Jeju means he will fall for any girl that he meets there. SJ got to know YK really well and he has said numerous times that he thinks YK is awesome, confident and she shines. He is acknowledging that YK is the kind of girl that he could fall for. But because he met MR first (who also posseses quality that he likes - carefree, pure etc), he has given his heart to her and has no room left for someone else now. If he had met YK first, he would have given his heart to her after getting to know her and there won't be room for MR.

That's my take on this anyway. I don't think it's just a case of falling for any girl near the waters at Jeju.

I watched the last ep and happy I didn't invest my time in the show. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I like kdramas with happy endings...closure is good and open endings like this are not good by my book. I'm bummed because I like the actors and actresses. If the writer had wrapped up the story clearly it would have been great to watch.

Guest mcromance

Boooo... I found my short "how SJ can fall for YK" sort of ending, I wrote some time ago after episode 14, and it's so depressing now... :(( =((

------------------------

As we saw in ep. 14 SJ is unsure of his decissions, as he can't get to board members with his ideas. So here YK comes in picture, and offers to help him, as pay off for his help with audition.
She makes her "magic" with board members and convince them to go for working (drinking) session in best bar in Seoul (because Koreans love to drink ), dragging SJ there too.
While board members are in good moods, she advice SJ to try to talk with them, as if he's asking them for advice of how to slowly make changes without risking YBS loss. Board members pleased that SJ is asking them for advice give plenty ofd them to him, and YK is writing them all down, while SJ is talking to board members with more and more confidence.

After "party" is over, SJ thanks YK and offers to drive her home, but YK refuse, as she's just a low rank employee. SJ keeps
insisting, so YK tells him to walk her to bus stop (or subway station). SJ agrees, and while they are in half way it starts to rain. They hide under some roof and SJ wants to wait for his chauffeur to pick them up, but YK doesn't want to waste time. She says it's ok to get a little bit wet, as it's refreshing after bar's stuffy atmosphere.
She goes out from their shelter, looks up in the sky, spread her arms on sides and makes a turn around still facing sky with closed eyes. Then she stops and playfuly ask SJ to come out and try this too.
He doesn't want, so YK drags him out and makes him spread his hands, and tells him to let rain drops fall on his face (she's doing it herself while takling to SJ too), so SJ finaly agrees. And as he's standing there, feeling rain drops on his face, all tension and worries go away from him. He takes a deep breath and feels relaxed.

YK asks if he's better now. SJ turns his head to thanks YK for this, and to tell that he's really feeling better now. But he can't say a word, when he sees her so close, with her eyes still closed and a soft smile on her face, with rain drops running down her face. So YK not hearing his answer looks at him, see his shocked and
focused face, and asks "what is it?". SJ then answers "I don't know myself", so YK laughs and tells they need to go. She leaves and SJ stays behind, still looking at her with concentrated look in his eyes (you can almost hear his brain working on super high speed LOL).
Then he gently touch his heart, says to himself "what is this feeling?", smiles and goes after YK to chat with her playfully.

After that we can have time jump to their happy future (maybe) together. [ here I was some kind of medium apparently, as we do got a time jump... ]

Guest cherishgurl

@mcromance.. I read your fanfic twice.. hehehe. . if you got time, hope you can write more.. ( I'm waiting for continuation of the story.. hehehe)

So I finally braved watching the subbed final episode (because I was afraid my GSW team was losing at last night's game, good thing they won!) ... I guess the FKS that came is from another alternate universe because in his future, he became the CEO ... meaning, he married the NTN heiress. He could not have become the CEO if he was not a part of the NTN family dynasty. This FKS never married NMR ... this might be the other future that resulted from what FMR did to change her future. I guess the writer is trying to convey that there are multiple futures that can result from different choices we make and these multiple futures creates parallel universes. Although FMR told KS that their fate still holds them together and KS agreed that it seems that they will go back to where they started ... a possible future of them not being together will exist. So maybe that is why the writer ended this drama this way ... so we can make our own ending .. .resulting in the creation of different universes.

I still believe that smile at the end is for KS. Since MR only felt philia (friendship) love for SJ, when she sees him, she would have been all excited and would go running to him and hugging him ... asking him excitedly how he has been. That kind of smile she showed was seeing someone she is holding an eros (romantic) love for ... like seeing him warms her heart, making her smile. I think they all went to the bookstore because MR book was just released and they all wanted to get a first copy.

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"[FMV] IF THE FEELING IS GONE (Marry Him If You Dare/Mirae's Choice)

cre:♥ sweetcyndy ♥

Mi-rae’s Choice: Episode 16 (Final)by gummimochi Mirae16-00031.jpg

It’s the end of this crazy time-travel-but-really-alternate-realities wormhole where some things are left the same while other things are changed. You can never be sure what kind of consequences your present actions may have in the future, but at least you can rest assured in the notion that there are some things you can change now, which is what’s important at the end of the day. Well, this day here and now anyway; I can’t tell you if it’s the same thing in a different universe.

But no matter what universe you’re in, the numbers remain the same as Mi-rae’s Choiceended its run with a 4.1% in ratings.

Full article: dramabeans.com/2013/12/mi-raes-choice-episode-16-final

My daughter ask me why I'm so sure in the baby picture in pandora box in the end father's is KS, I said its becos:-
1) We already know for sure MR & KS has only one son, so if MR marry other man,  we & FMR wudnt know if she's gonna have a son, daughter, several of them or none at all, since its only one son's picture its like she's telling her though her fated partner didnt chg, the fate of their son has change, that he didnt die becos of their negligence

2) If MR marry SJ, what the heck wud she put a picture of her son in it, she might as well put a copy of her shares of YBS ownership  8-| That was the real plan wasnt it, FMR rtn to the past to marry her off to a rich man, so she'll becomes a rich woman, thus her shares of YBS  & SJ's other assets will do.... >:)

Just watched the final episode of this show, twice. Parallel universes or not, in the end, Mi Rae's fated one would still and always will be Kim Shin. The open ending confused me but I also came to a conclusion that Gun/Geon lived. The ending was so lighthearted that I couldn't really get mad at the writer. 

I've just watched the full subbed episodes 15 and 16. Well... I actually admit... That was one beautiful ending. I LOVED the final episode to be exact! Waaaaa~~~ I loved how Kim Shin announced that news, I loved how Mirae worked hard to protect him, I loved how Seju helped Mirae and Kim Shin and put an end to his grandmother's control over him, I loved how Mirae put her love life on hold to achieve her biggest dream. The only thing I didn't like was that Mirae still gave hope to both men Seju and Kim Shin.

I think instead of an open ending, the writer could just have deleted some unnecessay scenes from the drama, put some of the final episode scenes in episode 15 that's how she could have had enough time to show what happened after the time jump of 3 years. Like in the last 20 minutes of the final episode, she could show us that Mirae chose Kim Shin and their wedding and Yukyung and Seju had their own love story in New York, Seju preparing to establish his own broadcasting company. And at the end the four of them meet accidently at the book shop.

Anyway, it's ok! Thanks to this drama I learned a lot of life lessons, I know now an awesome actor named Lee DongGun and one beautiful actress named Han Chae Ah, I admire once again Yoon Eunhye acting and she's definitely still my favorite actress along with Ha Ji Won, I finally can see my Yonghwa recognized by everyone as an idol with good acting skills.

The writer, well, everyone has up and downs in their careers. The most important is to learn from our downs to make ups again. That's why I suggest you writer-nim not to let anyone shake your trust in your story. Don't let anyone pressure you. If you weren't really a good writer, they wouldn't have chosen you in the first place.

Beside the cast, the OST was mind-blowing. Bravo to all those who joined making it.

To all futuristics here, I really enjoyed reading your posts in this thread, even though sometimes there were misunderstangings, I still believe we're one family. I have a lot of Neri friends now and I'm really happy to meet you because you are really nice and supportive, Eunhye is lucky to have fans like you. As for Boices and Emotional Angels, waaa~~ I just love you guys. Let's keep supporting CNBLUE and hope our Yonghwa to have another drama project.

MHIYD FIGHTING! FUTURISTICS FIGHTING!

Romance was dull but even the time travel story line was sloppy. At the end the writer killed herself the whole sense, very last sense possible - so FMR actions were worth nothing. The use of the multiverse theory is very, very sloppy (not because it kind of lacked physical sense, that's too big to even be considered since this is not quality sci-fi; but as a phantasy theory it lacked internal coherency...take the pandora box at the end and many more things), however this is a drama...but she used the whole story just to make the former 14 episodes complety useless, since there's no correlation at all now between MR and FMR. The effort she put in repeating events -car crash, water..- to evade this point (FMR's future being irrelevant, I mean)  was wasted as the end is just running like hell to the before-evaded inconsistency. The very main plot becomes absolutely irrelevant, the very one premise that structured the whole f*cking drama, ladies and gentleman. It doesn't even matter if the theory lacked minimal rationality, since the very purpose of the characters -all of them, since their roles depended on FMR actions...- turned to be absolutely non-sensical and vain. That's a very impressive talent at destroying plots. Really, impressive. Specially because beyond MR/KS/SJ/YK/LDG/Yonghwa, this probably was the original take on the time-travel side of the plot.
Also it was very bad delivered since there was really not a nice picture of the "original" (if it can be called like that...) story line and comparison was one of the main parts of the developing of the drama. 
From romance to character developing to time-travel story line...this was a complete mess. It doesn't matter if there was more, less fan-serving or whatever, the drama would have been a mess either way. 
I feel bad for the crew since apart from plot from photography to the main cast the elements to have a good drama were there. Edition lacked a bit but maybe that was caused by the script. Well! I enyojed reading all the POV's and hope to see you on other threads \m/

Archived