[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

November 15, 2013
“Secret Love” Exits at the Top Places on TV Charts
by Cory Lee TENASIA l Nate
201311151636493110_1.jpg
KBS’s “Secret Love” has made a winning exit atop TV charts, securing its ratings crown for six weeks straight.
“Secret Love” closed its curtain of 16-part love and revenge stories atop AGB Nielsen Media Research’s (Nielsen Korea) prime time chart on November 13 and 14 with an average viewership of 18.1 percent, the chart showed on Friday.
Breaking its highest-ever record for third week in a row, the Ji Sung and Hwang Jeong-eum starrer came to a happy ending with the two main characters’ romantic kiss.
As the follow-up to the successful TV series, Jang Keun-suk and IU’s romantic comedy “Pretty Boy” (translated title) will fill up the time slot from next wekk.
SBS’s teenage romcom “The Inheritors” also broke its record ratings after drawing in an average 15.7 percent of total viewers, sitting at the runner-up place.
At the bottom of the chart is MBC’s medical drama “Medical Top Team,” which scored an average viewership of 3.7 percent, a drop of 0.4 percent from last week’s figure.
In the meantime, TNmS’ (Total National Multimedia Statistic) survey showed the three programs in the same order yet different figures from Nielsen Korea’s.
While “Secret Love” reclaimed the top seed with an average rating of 14.3 percent, “The Inheritors” and “Medical Top Team” followed next two spots, each with average scores of 14.0 and 4.1, respectively.
Reporter. Cory LeeCourtesy of KBS

Hello Chingus

I have finally finished watching the subbed eps 15 and 16.  What a bummer to have my viewing interrupted by RL since I had to work this Sat.  Why can't my life be all SL (secret life) and not RL (real life).  But I digress ...

As you can see from my avatar, I've finally retired my Sherlock hat, pipe and magnifying glass as an homage to the end of Secret.  No more need for Secret detective work unless we want to find out what YJ's secret prayer was at the temple.  ;)

The end of Secret is obviously not the happiest time for this fangirl because it will be missed terribly, both for the show and for the camaraderie found here in this AWESOME Soompi thread. 
Since I'm a relative newbie to kdrama and soompi, my experience on this thread has been (except for that 5 #$@%^& Spam warning) enlightening, funny, crazy, encouraging, interesting and oh, so, obsessive. I hear not all Soompi threads are like this, so I'm doubly grateful to have found it and you at the right time and right place.  ^:)^

As for the last two eps, what can I say? Wow.  Just wow.  What a rollercoaster of a ride the PD, writers and actors have given us! Kamsahabnida, if you have spies here in this thread!

I do have a burning question for my chingus though, since I'm puzzled by it and can't seem to understand why it happened.  Perhaps someone out there still reading this thread can answer me:
- Why did MH have to leave for Armenia since the K-Group crisis was obviously over with SY tearing up the premarital agreement, DH deep in trouble and KM returning? Why did MH want to leave?  I don't understand the motivation behind the act.
- Why at the airport did both MH and YJ walk by each other when it is obvious they both are in love with each other? No hug, kiss, hand touch.  Nothing. Whe??

Hope for one last good discussion/answer before I move back to RL and the next big kdrama that gets me obsessing again.  I'll still be around (somewhere) so it's not goodbye but till we meet again, chingus.   :-h

yuhotarubi said: Hi everyone, i don't Know if any of you thought about this but since HJE acted in two projects this year, Incarnation of money for SBS and Secret love for KBS, then which award ceremony will she go to ? As you all know both ceremonies are held at the same time, which one will she choose, SBS or KBS ? I want her to go to the KBS ceremony, and be with JS there.

It feels like an empty hole where Secret once was (whew, withdrawal is setting in folks.) it consumed so much of my thoughts awake and sleeping, my free time since I spent a lot of it in this thread with you lol..(My Secret Agent/Detective Besties ). I am most thankful that I got the chance to experience the drama that is Secret. I stayed away from Melo's because they always ended so badly and left me pissed off that the OTP's did not win in the end. Secret changed that for me. I am hoping that we get a chance to see more from this writer-nim and PD-nim combination (heck tote the whole crew with them to the next project). It would be awesome to have the actors and actresses work with them as well (after J-sung and BSB enjoy the honeymoon time first of course) I think it went a long way that the writer was a newbie, no preconceived notions or book on what a Melo should be. Hopefully this writer will inspire others coming in to the business and the seasoned writers to follow suit and change it up a bit. Secret was a sleeper!! you can not change that. The low ratings in the beginning and look at it now! 
Although Secret has ended I still can re-watch all the episodes anytime I want. (been replaying the kiss scene at the end) I can't wait to show my BFF's aunt this show , when she visits we sit for hours watching k-drama's lol.. (lil country woman in her 60's from Alabama and I got her addicted to K-drama's lmao how cool is that. ) need this show on DVD as a gift for her. She says she loves reading the subtitles and the dramas keep her up (thinking about the story) that she can't wait to sit down to see what will happen next. Wait until she gets a load of Secret. 
Word of mouth really pushed this drama, but nothing could have contributed to it success except the exceptional writing, directing, and Acting done on/in this show. The Cast and the Crew are what pushed this show to be where it is now. I want to scribble Secret on every wall I know. lol.. I have episodes on my IPAD and Nexus tablets so when I am away from wifi I can watch them. You see Secret your fans will hold you close.

Guest kyouko1504

sherrrr said: When MH sister was eating with KS brother they were talking about her mom. That she was a monsterBut then he said you knew and she said of course i knew but what were they talking about ?The subs werent coming during that part.

Guest ccmbebe

The candle-blowing pic - Is it JS's birthday or the end of the shoot?

I think that's celebrating the end of the drama shoot since the airport scene was the final shooting day not his bday.

Guest falloutjane

Why am I still here, clinging desperately to this thread? 

I want to rewatch all the episodes but I feel so thoroughly spent that I think I should just concentrate on Reply right now. I'm not sure I want to be pulled in and get so emotionally invested so soon. 
But man, I miss Secret already. 
Argh! 
MAKJANG! WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD THIS TIME  ROUND?! 

falloutjane

said: Why am I still here, clinging desperately to this thread? 

I want to rewatch all the episodes but I feel so thoroughly spent that I think I should just concentrate on Reply right now. I'm not sure I want to be pulled in and get so emotionally invested so soon. 

But man, I miss Secret already. 

Argh! 

MAKJANG! WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD THIS TIME  ROUND?! 

Guest secretforever

madlena said: I miss MH and YJ! this bittersweet feeling after an amazing drama ends, i still have it.. wonder when i will feel the same way about another drama!

Guest sonequeen

The girl who played MH's sister Min Joo is a singer! She's the one all the way on the right and she starts singing at 1:17. If you don't know her name, her name is Song Min Kyung.

Guest Jomarmotte

Another thing Secret did to me = This morning my kids were watching a National Geographic Wildlife Documentary with a group a big cats getting ready for the kill... The prey was a Zebra... The whole thing immediately conjured up episode 15 & the image of MH&YJ wrapped up like 2 yummy spring rolls in their blanket...
Will I ever be able to watch 'Madagascar ' again ?!

Hi, Secreteers.

Want to share this video of Jung Eum-Ji Sung CF BTS from 2012. For you who still miss their interactions, and wants to see the more cheerful, funny, crazy Min Hyeok-Yoo Jeong combo LOL.

Ji Sung-Hwang Jung Eum Hi Mart BTS Part. 1  

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=54313832

The cutest part for me it's at the near end, when they both plays around Christmas tree before the filming started.

JS comment of JE was:   "A good friend whom her bursting energy can rivals mine."

N.B.: It's part of Real Life Ji Sung, a Japanese segment. There 2 more of those CF BTS segments of JS-HJE but the other 2 are yet to be shared publicly therefore I can't post it here.

Guest fantast1k1

Aigooo! Withdrawal symptoms setting in...I cant let go of Secret. Everytime I rewatch the episodes, it looks new to me.Finally, saw the last two episodes last night. Discovered that Min Joo is really MinHyuk's sister who was raised by ahjumma stepmom...all this time, I thought she was related to KM and KS.
Writer nims, Annyeong haseyo! I know you are lurking here or you have spies lurking in here...hello!Gomawo for writing Secret. It will be forever my number one favorite revenge drama. Chebal, take a very much needed vacation , relax on the grandest and beautiful beach of the Philippines. (Koreans love Boracay) then write another masterpiece for us to watch. It wouldnt hurt if you bring back the entire cast and director. Kansahamnida! Fighting! We will be waiting!
Sincerely,Secret Society Yoerubun :-h :-j ^:)^

=============================

Secret Detectives,
Did MH and SY marry?
There's a scene where MH was in SY's pad and said arent you going home...im busy...then they have their wedding picture up...then there's the line from SY saying she didnt marry for fun.
Im still confused. Correct me if I'm wrong...when Koreans get engaged, they can live together even before marriage. Is that what happened here? SY living in MH's mansion and works in her pad...Im still not clear about that part.

==================================

cynkdf said: @NewHeart, thanks for posting that awesome pic.
Lovely fanmade MV:

Here's a view of Secret which I enjoyed reading:
http://maimaidream.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/overall-review-on-secret/