[Movie 2015] Memories of The Sword 협녀 : 칼의 기억

rubie

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

[Press] 150811 'Memories of the Sword' VIP Premiere (Junho)

CMH8njRWwAAGyDW.pngCMH8pxIWEAAm-z-.png

CMH8ooTWgAAeYpj.pngCMH8qMrWwAAwWq4.png
More pictures here via 2PMAlways

-----
[Press] 150811 'Memories of the Sword' VIP Premiere (Wooyoung and Kwon)
 CMIBdnpWEAA8vJR.pngCMIBf0-WcAANOBs.png 

CMIBf6LWEAE53_i.pngCMIBjHvWoAArh09.png

More pictures here via 2PMAlways 

They are Junho supporter squad. Always came to his movie preview.

Did Kim Tae Woo forgot about the premier date yesterday. Did someone just pick him up or what. Because during the press preview he look smart with suit. Who is the guy between KTW and Bae Soo Bin? He look young. Next BSB is Lee kYoung Young, KGE, JYD, Junho and director-nim. Need to give props to who that assemble them like this because it made Junho looks taller.

‘Memories of the Sword’ took 11 years to fully develop

Park Heung-sik, director of “Memories of the Sword,” said Wednesday that the lack of swordswomen heroines in Korea pushed him to make the upcoming film, despite difficulties.

In an interview with local media, Park said he spent a total of 11 years in bringing his brainchild to life on the silver screen -- six years to fully develop the idea and three years to write the scenario.

The filming itself only took five months. But Park faced another problem. Due to a scandal involving one of lead actors, he had to delay the release of the film for nearly a year.

Yet his confidence in his work remains strong. “We spent the extra time perfecting the cuts and edits,” he said.

Park said he wanted people to see how women can dominate in a movie with swords in hand.

“I hope there will come a day when strong women will be seen as ‘admirable’ not ‘difficult,’” he said.

“Memories of the Sword” portrays a power struggle between three swordsmen who are bound by vengeance. The film will hit the cinemas nationwide on Thursday.

Source

August 12, 2015

'Memories of the Sword’ a welcome challenge for Jeon Do-yeon

In Park Heung-sik‘s martial arts epic “Memories of the Sword,” the most notable element of Cannes-winning actress Jeon Do-yeon’s performance is not her poignant emotion, nor her impressive sword action. It is her ability to do portray both while also playing a blind character -- without ever blinking or focusing her eyes. According to Jeon, it was an obstacle she had failed to foresee.

“I actually asked (Park) if we could change the story to let her (Jeon’s character Wol-so) see,” she said in an interview at a cafe in Seoul on Tuesday. But after some discussion, she and Park agreed that “blindness was the most effective way to convey that Wol-so was a woman who had lost everything and cut off all emotion.” 

In “Memories of the Sword,” which is set in the Goryeo Kingdom, Wol-so is a swordswoman abandoned by her comrade and lover Yu-baek (Lee Byung-hun), who chooses political ambition over loyalty. In his betrayal, Yu-baek kills their comrade Pung-cheon, whose daughter Hong-yi (Kim Go-eun) Wol-so raises as her own. Wol-so teaches Hong-yi to avenge her father‘s death when she comes of age. 

“Early on in filming, (Park) told me about what he wanted to show through Wol-so,” she said. “‘Hyeop’ (a spirit of justice) existed back then, and it exists now. But it’s become hard to find. (He said) he wanted to create a character who was unwavering in embodying that ‘hyeop.’ That helped me to understand the film, and Wol-so in particular.”

But for Jeon, the ultimate appeal of Wol-so was not her resolute belief in justice and loyalty, but her struggle to remain steadfast in her mission despite her love for Yu-baek.

“I’m captivated by stories where you get just a tiny glimpse of love,” she said, mentioning that she approached even hard-boiled and noir-tinged films like this year’s “The Shameless” and “No Blood No Tears” (2002) as romance movies. “I think I’ll continue to choose those kinds of stories, play women who dream of love,” she said. “Not love that you see around you, but love that’s expressed in a different way.”

Jeon’s filmography, spanning nearly two decades, testifies to her willingness to take on roles that are physically and emotionally demanding. “Memories of the Sword” also checks that box, with action scenes that required three months of hard sword-fighting training and full minute-long takes in which she had to express emotion while keeping her eyes dull and lifeless.

“I want to be thought of as an actress who doesn’t let a good story slip by because it will be demanding,” she said. 

Despite that willingness and her star status, she said that good scripts were hard to come by. “I never know how long I’ll have to wait until my next film. It could be two years, it could be three years.”

Still, Jeon is content with her current path. “Acting is a joy to me, even when it’s hard,” she said. “I’m happiest when I’m living inside a movie.”

By Won Ho-jung (hjwon@heraldcorp.com)

August 12, 2015

Stars Show Their Support For 'Memories of the Sword'

Source: BNTNews

4glnmcxq0vpt07cbqru7h1nm70q58mb2.jpg

[by Sora Ghim, photo by Kim Chi Yoon] Movie 'Memories of the Sword' held its VIP premiere on August 11 at the Lotte Cinema World Tower.

'Memories of the Sword' is set during the Goryo Dynasty and is about the inevitable fate of three different swordsmen.

Starring Lee Byung Hun, Jeon Do Yeon, Kim Go Eun and Lee Jun Ho, it will be released on August 13. (photo by bntnews DB)

Frankly not familiar with many of the celebrity guests attending the MOTS VIP Preem.  Correct me if anything amiss and help name them, too. Thank you.

Jo Min Soo 

thumb_tjznl201508112044155470.jpg

Song Joong Ki

2015081101000797700059641.jpg

Choi Kang Hee

2015081120200864900.jpeg

Yoo Yeon Seok

20150811195403_I_00_C_1_644.jpg

@rubie superb job on updating this thread, and  naming the guests (most of them are unknown to me also) The handsome young man in the pic above Kim Sun Young is Lee Jae Joon. The lovely lady on the right of Kim Jae Kyung is Noeul (both from Ranbow).  Also at the premiere were:

http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Rosie_(WE) - real name Kang So Yeon; and

http://asianwiki.com/Soy real name Kim So Yeon (so coincidental that both ladies are called So Yeon :)) Big thank you to Ms Google Translate. :)

Must say that I've never watched any of Jung Ryeo Won's dramas but was absolutely charmed by her brief appearance at the VIP premiere. Very happy to see BSB at the event (and keeping my fingers crossed that he has a little more screen time than what has been shown in the clips so far).

August 12, 2015

Behind cuts from Jeon Do Yeon's recent photo shoot unleashed

Source: STARN News

Behind cuts from Jeon Do Yeon's recent photo shoot were unleashed.

On August 12th, Jeon Do Yeon's management agency released behind cuts from her recent photo shoot.

In the photos, Jeon Do Yeon is showing graceful and charismatic look, wearing a black & white dress, and a great number of fans and netizens are showing explosive reactions for the enigmatic charms that she is diffusing.

Jeon Do Yeon showed phenomenal concentration and charisma throughout the entire photo shoot, but it is said that she also surprised all of the staffs with her cool personality during break times.

Jeon Do Yeon recently played in a new film called 'Swords Women,' which will be officially released on August 13th, and she is going to captivate many fans with a completely different side of her.

Meanwhile, 'Swords Women' will be officially released on August 13th.

20150812083202_55ca85f1eebb2_1.jpg

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

August 12, 2015

‘Memories of the Sword’ to show in North American theaters

3-USE-MAYBE-COVERsm.jpg
(“Memories of the Sword”/Well Go USA)

By Tae Hong The Korea Times US

South Korean film “Memories of the Sword,” headlined by A-listers Lee Byung-hun and Jeon Do-yeon, will make its way to North American theaters Aug. 28, distributor Well Go USA announced Wednesday.

The film will show in Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Hawaii, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Detroit, Houston, New Jersey, San Diego, Las Vegas, Toronto and Vancouver.

Directed by Park Heung-sik (“Children of Heaven”), the period thriller follows deceit and betrayal among three warriors in the age of a corrupt empire.

The pic stars Lee as swordsman leader Deok-gi, Jeon as blinded warrior Seol-rang and up-and-coming actress Kim Go-eun as Hong-ee.

Archived