[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

@athoughtcloud1 There are several ideas that come to my mind, but I can only angrily phrase them at the moment, so I apologize for the rough, crude, and far from diplomatic wording. Additionally, I understand if some of the issues may be harder to resolve due to the members' own wishes/requests, but if a higher-up at SBS is behind a few/a lot of these, s/he can stick it where the sun don't shine. 

1. The Main 3 PDs

A. The main 3 PDs need to find a PD who can offer a contrasting and discerning voice to their own by representing the interests of JSJ, KJK, Haha, and SJH (hereinafter referred to as the "other four"). In the beginning, I thought Hwanjin PD might be the solution for that considering his friendship with some of those four, especially JK, but the current status of the show/screentime distribution doesn't seem to reflect that at all. 

The current issue may possibly stem from how the main PDs seem to favor JS or KS the most (there was literally an interview a while ago with a question basically asking the PDs who do they respect the most on the show, HJ said JK and JS, while the other two said KS and JS). It's understandable with JS due to his experience, but they've relied on him (and KS) so much that it has interfered with the representation of the other four. They need to find a PD who respects JS, but prefers and appreciates more the styles and humor of the other four, and not just by themselves, but their chemistry together. This PD also has to be aware of the current issues with the show and not be oblivious to them because of bias. 

Unfortunately, there's another potential issue: preferences are usually based on things that appeal to others or what they can relate to/identify with. A lot of the fans of the other four are more likely to be reticent or passive than not, especially at a professional level, since that's how the four are. This PD needs to understand that and appreciate that it appeals to fans like that, but they need to be assertive and outspoken enough in the presence of the other 3 PDs that they won't get stepped on or brushed off when criticizing or suggesting things for the show. 

A ton of oblivious fans are currently under the impression that the other four aren't contributing to the show because they're not funny or are lazy, when in fact, this derives from the PDs' poor editing. They need to fix that and fix the reputation of those cast members.

B. Editing, editing, editing. omg WHY ARE THEY SO BAD AT IT? Tbh, in one way, it's an improvement compared to what the show was like near the end of Taek's era, but still. Can they take lessons? Can SBS find someone to advise them? Like wth? 

Also, they shouldn't just show the comedic moments, but the heartwarming ones too. 

Additionally, if these guys can make dumb af MC moments out of thin air, I'm pretty sure they can equally distribute the screentime by improving footage of the teams they have deemed "boring," which I highly doubt is actually the case. 

They need to prioritize the games they want to show too, since they do a poor job of that. The second half of the last episode was so dull because of that. 

(Okay, so the rest of this was done so I wouldn't forget my thoughts, but I'm a bit too lazy to elaborate them and organize them in an articulate manner, so apologies for that.)

C. The PDs should be more involved and form stronger bonds with the cast so the cast can feel comfortable with them. Maybe even have an MT with the cast? Taek was an example of the opposite of this bond and look at what happened. However, Cho and Myuk PD were close to the cast, and look at how beneficial that relationship was.

D. The PDs should ask for the cast's insight and encourage them to want to change the show or add to it, and also to watch it (if they aren't busy) so they can offer their perspective and thoughts on the show too. That idea of missions at the end of the episode was a fun execution of that. Cutting their screentime does the opposite of this and leads to a situation questioning what even is the point of them trying when they're going to get cut.

E. The cast should also be able to offer opinions anonymously if they don't feel comfortable. 

F. They need a better way to talk to the fans and tell the fans that their opinions are being heard. Obviously there are complications with China right now, yet the show or SBS would rather focus their energy on still getting that money from China (and certain fans from there rather than the levelheaded ones) than regulating the show for the rest of the ifan population (China included) or Korean fans. Focus on all of them and stop being greedy. Your variety department is suffering because of that. 

G. If the PDs are rotating, they need to make a better system because this just isn't working. The lack of consistency is hindering the progress of the show.

2. Guests

A. The show should focus on their interaction with the members, they get the best reaction and reputation that way, like in eps 219 or 218. If the cast is having fun, the viewers are having fun too. The show shouldn't just focus on the guests and praise them for every effing little thing. 

B. Stop with the forced lovelines/lovelines in general. If it happens naturally or at a smaller scale, okay, cool, but stop scripting them. Korea doesn't want them, nor do quite a few of the ifans. JH and JK are at marriageable ages, and they should be thinking of their own respective relationships, not being linked to fictional ones and having their statuses tarnished or their lives being pressured by immature viewers. KS is younger so it's slightly still more okay with him, if he's fine with it, but don't have one every effing time. Focus on the friendships/genuine interactions instead. 

3. Storyline/combos/camera shots (plus two other categories, spoilered for length).

A. Stop trying to revive MC from the dead, it's dead, let it remain dead. Let JH be a strong independent woman and explore her other personas. The female writers need to stop projecting their fantasies onto JH since it feels like that's the cast with a lot of the scripting (particularly with all the instances the writers, like in the Snow White ep, and PDs (especially Taek) have fawned over KG). I also really hope that the MC CF isn't renewed and the current situation is because there is still a contractual obligation, and therefore things will (hopefully) be different in the new year. Too bad not sooner.

B. Focus on friendships between the cast members instead, not lovelines. Maybe form new rivalries or just explore interactions that aren't lovelines.

C. Let the cast form new personas. Experiment.

D. Try new combos - it makes things more exciting and shows those members in a new light. And don't cut their screentime because they don't have your bias in it. Promote it too to see how the audience might react, all of them, not only ones that PDs think will be successful.

E. Don't cut screentime for a combo you guys don't like - that's messed up af. This last episode was a perfect example of that, and from what we've especially observed, every combination of SA gets that same treatment. It probably will be the case next week too with their group, especially since the Twice members in their group are reportedly as quiet as SA. The one time when both female guests were on their team - they still got cut. What is wrong with the PDs and the writers?

F. Omg stop mentioning KG. Mention him like every other month or so, or during important episodes, or let the members mention him naturally (though the PDs decide whether that stays or if it doesn't, and it seems it does), but it feels like a pattern and like the show is acting as a clingy ex, which is not a good look. They care more about remembering KG than the other four who are still on the show.

G. Have more episodes with just the cast, and don't separate them. Those episodes are some of the best and are a rarity. I know guests are needed for the show to stay afloat, and quite a few are fun, but the show has a tendency to ruin opportunities of cast-only episodes lately.

H. They need to have a series of specials. KS and JS have gotten so many, JH used to, not so much lately, and so the four should get those in order to be more motivated to do the show. an extra boost. JK especially since he has yet to get a proper special. No, him being the other main "leader" or the nametag games being "his specials" do not count. 

I. Show shots with the entire cast, not just one or a few members. That was something present in the past, now - not so much.

4. Games/punishments

A. Stop separating the cast like, omg, they are best together, and before 2015, they were only separated like almost every 8 episodes. Now it's practically every episode.

B. Better yet, find episodes that keep the cast even closer. Overnighters were good in that regard, and if the cast is okay with that, and if an overnighter can happen, have wake up missions again. 

C. Cut it out with the obsession over games involving food. The show is called Running Man, not Food Man. Again, these used to happen almost like every 2 months. Now? Every episode lately.

D. Making fun of the cast members harming themselves or being harmed extensively is rarely funny. There are funnier forms of punishment out there.

D. Punishments over making the cast pay? Like really? What kind of motivation is that when they're rich and it's just a lame excuse for the PDs to eat all they want without paying, and it's not entertaining either. The members haven't been happy about it before and they still aren't, but it hasn't helped with motivation. So why continue doing that?

E. Don't play games that revolve around subjective judgment - yeah, there's good and bad acts, but if the cast tries their hardest, they should be awarded for that too.

F. Stop with the games that can hurt the cast as well, they're not in the best shape anymore and shouldn't be expected to be. Someone with medical knowledge should agree/check on the games beforehand, and if there is someone already there, they should be replaced because they aren't doing their job well. 

G. Nametag games - stop blaming and ganging up on JK. He's in no freaking way the reason for these issues (unlike the crap spewed by Taek in that one interview). The crew needs to be more creative and make it fair. 

5. Previews

A. Need to try hard to have one at the end of every week so they don't fall behind. Consistency is key, and the show lacks it these days (with both the previews and the eps).

B. Don't just focus on the guests, like come on, look at the previews from back in the day. They incorporated the guests, but those shots included the guests' interactions with the members. 

C. The clips uploaded online are also heavily biased, which is why I rolled my eyes during that one ep when they reviewed the most viewed videos and said KG's vid of dancing with Hyorin had the most. of course when you guys barely upload other stuff. No clips at all were uploaded the other day from the pulling mission either. I wonder why? 

D. Don't mislead the fans with the previews. If you show it there, you better broadcast it in the episode as well. If you're planning not to do that, then just don't show it or at least upload a clip of it later on. They did that before, why can't they do that again?

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, bogummish said:

They are completely out of the loop when it comes to their fanbases, they think people who were watching in 2010 are still around to check out who smacked Kwang Soo on the head this week, was it KJK or YJS. They can't come up with anything and refuse to change so they just fill in the void with guests most international fans don't care about. 1N2D started bringing up too many guests to promote their movies and make up for their maknae absence and got criticized for it. I don't think Korean fans even bother criticizing RM anymore since they're not even watching, like they don't even care enough to criticize, I guess. RM and the members need to sit around a table and discuss what is it they want to do in this show, all of them are successful people, some are even better off in other programs (like Haha and YJS in IC), SJH hopefully will get her acting career back on track, KJK has a good variety experience and is a funny guy, not like he'll stay jobless or off-tv. JSJ has his businesses and his radio program. LKS is LKS, good actor, good in variety. 

I totally agree with your entire post, and this part especially seems relevant this past week. I read how 1N2D was criticized the other day for other aspects, and I was envious of how those concerns made headlines. With RM, in recent years, the only stuff that has gotten to that level has only been stuff that could be reported for a committee rather than issues with the production/storyline. I remember a few concerns being addressed by Taek in the past, and his explanations were pure BS. Since then though, there hasn't been enough of an uproar for things to easily reach the production crew/SBS, at least not in a timely manner. 

It would be a lot easier if Korean fans could address the concerns since that's a direct line of communication, but it's rare due to the circumstances you've mentioned.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

As far as spartace interactions are concerned, I don't know what to write. It is a tricky question. The team is slowly starting the post-Gary phase and it wouldn't be fair to expect them to suddenly start giving that much focus on spartace interactions. In the next two episodes, Spartace are in the same team, so I think we are slowly entering a phase where their interactions will have to be focused on more. However, we also need to make the PDS understand that there is a fanbase for spartace, that focusing on their relationship (need not be a loveline) will be a welcome change for a large section of RM's i-fans.

About those two episodes that spartace will be on the same team,i think more than focus on their interactions they want to show the fans that there is nothing between spartace. Like one of the 2015 episodes with lot of idols when spartace were both in white team but they ignored each other in that episode.  Btw i don'thave high hopes to see spartace interactions like what we saw in some of recent episodes like running map or hangul day episodes, any time soon. 

But surly they want to use spartace fanbase and they posted two pictures of them doing one mission for this episode. After i watched this ep and fancams for upcoming ones and spartace interactions for the first time i felt they see us as some fools that will watch runningman and support it just because of one or two bts pics when they are going to show mc shits in episodes even after gary left and they are treating our biases unfair. I'm still so mad about what they did in this ep and the direction rm is heading now.

• Like 4

Guest ktiminie

@Aswin Tando Welcome, glad you're joining us! Your comment under kshowonline section caught my attention since your feeling is shared by most of SA and RM fans here in this forum. For other posters info, let me copy&past what you wrote about last episode:

"What in the world... I've been suspicious for some time, but what's with the "stay in one place and play game" thing, this is absurd... they don't even run in this episode.
And the editing, God! Awful AF, what's with the opening, suddenly only 4 people, suddenly treating staff, suddenly team already made and JK and SJH pop out of nowhere. And it's been happening for several episode already, this kind of jumping without explanation.

Anyone have info on official channel that accepts english input for running man? I think we should just voice it out, we got almost 1 million view here every week."

International fans who love this show have a right (not to say the responsibility) to voice their worries out to the PDs in charge. Don't want to have any regret once the program is over.  So yes, let's give a try on SBS RM insta! I agree it shouldn't be too aggressive but constructive. For me the lack of creativity in the games/missions and, should I say, the bad script and editing are the main issues. Promoting and giving preferential treatment/ screen time to the guests at the expense of the members always happened in RM and honestly I'm ok with it. It doesn't bother me as long as the guests are funny/active. Also I'm not sure this is something we should complain about on SM.

Then regarding members unequal screen time... it's a long time issue. It depends on where the PDs wish to lead the show and of course on what each member can add to the program. In the middle of that riot I wonder what room there is for SpartAce.. and if they even wish them self to be exposed.

I think after 7 years RM is going through a real crisis. And with Gary leaving the show, the first episode without him speaks for itself. The PDs don't seem to know what to do with the remaining members. Hence my feeling :(, PDs seem to have lost their faith and love for the cast.

So I agree our message should be short and percussive (IG format), and better if both in English and Korean. Do we have someone who could translate the message? My English is broken (that's why I'm mainly a lurker here) and I don't have enough confidence :sweatingbullets:. Hangul? Nada de nada, rien de rien LOL.

Edit: @bogummish your words are so on point that I wish I could spam each and every RM people with them!

Guest athoughtcloud1

There have been times I have been heavily critical of RM, but then I used to think that the cast after all trust the PDs - things may take their time, but since they are in this together, they will find a way out. But that has been really shaken from the second farewell episode for Gary. It was pretty clear that the cast had no clue that there was going to be another farewell episode for Gary. They also found it out from the preview at the end of the previously aired episode. That the members made so many objections to needlessly troubling Gary says how uncomfortable they felt with it. What we got to see is a heavily edited version - wonder what all were really said. So I am no longer sure the cast trusts the production team. Also, the first segment of the recent episode was a huge shock to me - that they could get away with not showing four of the members without any explanation (as if whatever missions they did didn't matter). 

The missions these days also are poorly planned. Just look at the last mission in the second 'Farewell to Gary' episode- all the 6 members were brought to the park for 3 of them to be immediately sent to Gary's house for the next mission. Why bring them all to the park if three members were to spend just 1-2 seconds there?  Why make them search all over the park for the flags in that cold weather if that was not gonna be shown much?

Agree with the part about lovelines - yes, MC was fun once, but a brain scan test was taken to prove JH and Gary had zero feelings for each other. Why keep on beating a dead horse again and again? The whole 'gaenki' thing in this episode sounds too much like a set up - they needed to create a MC moment, whether Gary is around or not.

Like @pink007, I also had some expectations from Hwan Jin. But as a PD, he is really not creative. He relies too much on the studio format - just look at the episode titles recently - Avatar House, Bromance House. Must as well do 'Happy Together' there instead of RM! He also seems to like repeating games, repetitions which end up sucking the joy out of the concept.  Like some of you, I wonder whether all the frequent food missions recently are for the crew to enjoy some free food at the cast's expense. In this episode, the first mission involved paying for the crew and then the last mission too! WTH?  Also, the cast rarely gets any rewards recently - it is mostly a penalty. On the other hand, if the guests win, they get prizes.

I wonder what happened with the fans of the other four members. The netizen comments on kkuljaem always say "'Yoo-Lee' were so funny today", "Yoo Jae Suk was so funny with the guest" etc, but the ratings never seem to rise. Have the fans of the other four just given up on the show and so don't bother to even leave comments anymore? Would the ratings increase even slightly if the other four members are also given enough screen time? I just fear the promotion of just two of the members at the expense of the others would create unnecessary friction in the team - all the members love and respect YJS, but one can't rule out them feeling slightly resentful of the situation where all their hard work never makes it to the cut. Take for instance the market mission in this episode - YJS  eating with JJS made the cut when the other four were not even shown doing their missions properly. No wonder many of them don't even watch the show any longer! I have no problems with YJS or Kwang Soo, they are funny and I know how hard they try to create funny moments when there is no help from the script (you can compare KS in previous RM episodes and the recent ones - he was so effortless back then, now he has to try harder to be funny coz well the writing doesn't create funny situations). But the show would work better overall if the other four members are also allowed to bring in their synergy to the team. Haha is not at all used these days - he is one guy who can create funny situations, has a great sense of humour and can gel with any member or guest. Under-utilising him means you miss out on so much!.

I know popular guests are always good for the show, but there was just too much pandering this episode. I like Jo Jung Suk (he caught my eye the first time he guested on RM since he gelled so well with the members), but there was just too much hype over him this episode. JK's aegyo may have been slightly scary, but you could see how hard he was trying. JJS hardly did any aegyo,so didn't quite understand why JK's aegyo wasn't allowed while JJS' was. For JK to insist about the unfairness of the situation twice means that he was troubled by it (he usually doesn't say things like that twice). RM has always pulled the legs of the guests, whether they are Hallyu stars or Chungmuro stars, then why have the guests been elevated to 'gods/goddesses' these days - as if they have to win at all costs? JJS was allowed to be more fun last time - he was goofy, played his part as the bridegroom's family and made the camera man follow him on a funny chase. Compare that with what he was reduced to this time! 

Also, the rules of the singing competition really didn't make any sense - first, they were told PDA of their bromance would fetch them points. That is why JK-SJ were putting their arms around each other and singing. Yet when HaHyo won the round, a new rule was introduced - it wasn't going to be about PDA, but about who stood up while the song was on. JJS and D.O sang quite well, but one has to admit the members stood up and cheered also coz they were the guests. I feel creating situations that favour only the guests take the joy out of the competition - any way, the guestless teams are not gonna get screen time, if they are not gonna even win the games however hard they try, what is the point?

Yet we need to do something. If so many of us feel the same and agree on some basic points, we have to find a constructive way to get our points across. If there are even neutral fans getting fed up of the situation and wondering where RM is headed, it is time we made an intervention. Perhaps our intervention will force the team to consult the members on where they want to take the show. Perhaps we can frame a letter covering the major points and get it translated in korean by the posters here who know the language. We can mail it to the SBS RM id.  May be we can identify which country we are from in English at the beginning of the letter followed by the common section in korean? Along with that, we can also leave common messages on SBS ig. I think @pink007 and @bogummish have covered the major points, so may be we can take it from there - identify the major ones and frame a letter.

I know some of you here have tried to mail SBS individually or used other means to get your points across, but perhaps so many of us doing this together would make at least a bit of a difference.

I am still thinking over this - but if more neutral fans want to join, we can keep it as a letter addressing our concerns as RM fans than Spartacers. But that is just my thought!

@athoughtcloud1 Part of me wonders if, in addition to a letter, there could be an online petition with the letter available in several languages. While I'm sure quite a few fans would protest many, if not at least a few, of the requests, another group of fans would agree and maybe be motivated by the news of an organized effort by the fans to communicate with the PDs.

BTW, I forgot this earlier since we have larger issues at hand/JH not getting screentime in general, but I think the PDs should be reminded to include JH's interaction with female guests (and not ignore her), particularly as JH's presence on RM stands for quite a bit for fans of the Korean variety/entertainment community, especially with the rampant sexism/misogyny that exists there. RM has a great advantage over many shows with how JH is one of their cast members since her presence is some form of female representation in the variety community, but they seem to take it for granted.

• Like 4

Guest athoughtcloud1

@pink007 I don't know how you go about starting an online petition, but think it is a good idea.

Week after week, we see genuine RM fans getting frustrated over where the show is going. I don't mind the show ending, but let such a beloved show end on a high after giving us some great episodes - not like this, dying inch by inch. If we can actually change something by coming together and making an intervention, then it is time we did it.

A comment from Reddit that discusses almost the same things we did here. Is it any of you? If not, I think there will be many fans like this person out there who seriously thinks about the show and who might like to join us. 

Spoiler

MinWook 10 points 18 hours ago* 

I really hate how this show swift from being an 'city exploring' show to a 'mini game studio' concept show. Really hurts me how theres no 'theme' now. They just trow some random mini games over and over for 1 hour and end with a disappoint 'big mini game finale'.

I miss the old episodes when they give the cast time to interact between them, like when they're on cars heading to other locations. Even during the games there was more interaction. Now is just minigame - cut - another minigame - cut - other minigame, most of 'em in the same location, and most of them just recycled minigames from earlier episodes. We dont even see the interactions between the cast in between anymore. Is just game games games. Pds should slow down a little, ok the new pds like games, but slow down a little, give the cast some time to interact, to breathe, most of the fun from running man dont come from the game but from the conversations they had inbetween games, also we can get to know them better this way. Sometimes we dont even see some of the guests talking much because of this game-game-game-game thing. This new pd and crew really lacks from creativity.

Something that really bothers me now is the constant relying on guests. I know, running man since the beginning had several guests on most of episodes, but there were also lots of episodes with no guests. Most of this episodes are considered to be favorites among rm fans. How long has it been since we got an episode without guests? (not mentioning garys farewell) How about old running man classics like Yoomes Bond? How long has it been since we got the last one? And the old iconic characters they developed over the years. Seems like the pds threw everything they have built over the years in the trash and decided to just trow some boring games over and over each week and thats it. Its easier isnt? Just trow some random games, with a 'concept' that realy doesnt exist. Like this week bromance thing. Even the members background themes somethimes are misplaced like yjs 'step by step and song', is a yoo hyuk song, they have to put this when he is doing his crazy dance moves, but in a recent episode he was just walking and they put the song anyway like ??? how bout the 'spartaaaa' bg, they forgot it exist? the other members songs as well seems to be lacking from recent editing, most of the episodes fun parts were from those sonds and songs but the editors seems to forgot about them.

The crew seems to forgot what made this program entertaining at first place. Every week they just trow random games with no purpose to the cast that tries their best, I really dont blame any of the members, the real problem behind the disappointment of recent rm is on the crew (pds / writers). I can see why gary left, rm is not fun anymore, even the members are getting bored by it. And must really feel bad to give your best every week and been edit out from most of the episode. It wont surprise me if in the next months ji hyo and kook leave.

The 30 min less they got on the episodes is something that really impacted the show as a whole, but the pds dont use the time properly. Like on this episode, what was that opening? 10 minutes wasted for something really weird, lks and yjs going alone to meet their 'bros' on the restaurant while the other members gather in the studio doing nothing? They shouldnt waste such time on boring and nonsense stuff.

Something that bothers me alot in recent rm years is that focus mostly on lks and yjs. Yeah, i got theyre the most famous members atm, and the pds are focusing on them because of that, but doing that theyre wasting a lot of the potential other members have. The members built a good chemestry along all those years, and one of the most fun things about rm was seeing them all together with fair share of screen time, since theyre different but complete each other. In recent episodes we barely see ji hyo, jong kook, and even haha is kinda flash out by lee kwang soo and yjs

something i forgot to say is that they seem to doesnt care about the members health conditions

like everyone knows that kook have back problems, why do they keep trowing that 'limbo' game

1) Is not funny at all. I mean whats so fun about passing a woman under a low bar, its not even entertaining 2) they already done this like 5-6 episodes ago?

You can really see jong kook pain face after this game, but he had to do it anyway for the show sake

it really hurts me to see what the production crew do to him sometimes knowing his back problem

On another note, I hate how JK is made out to be a guy who never tries, who has become redundant on the show. On the one hand, you hear JK has become useless coz there is no name-tag ripping and on the other hand, you hear name-tag ripping is not played any longer coz JK has become weak. The last I checked, he was the one who won a one on one name-tag ripping game (one which had heavy odds against him winning). Even with his bad back, he was the one who played the limbo game twice for his team. Some people need to get the hate out of their hearts pumped out!

We have to plan how to do this. How big should this thing be? Should we come up with a basic format and spread the word on other forums or do we want more people to join us before making that? Ideally, it would have been nice if more RM fans could come together, but then I also fear if things will get done with conflicts of interest among different fans. Would like to know the thoughts of the other soompiers and instagrammers. If neutral fans on other forums want to join, they can. It might be awkward for non-shippers, but if the petition is going to focus on how to improve RM than any lovelines, perhaps they can put aside their opinion on spartace and give their thoughts. Or do we need a separate thread for this - for the petition? 

If nobody is willing to come forward and if things are gonna go nowhere, we should just do whatever we can, even if it is a small scale intervention.

It's true, we have to think about what we're going to do.
I agree that maybe it would be better to bring in more people for discussion, but maybe that would become problematic, many of the fans I've seen agree that they should take out members and replace them. :(
I think they could try first to change those things that you guys mentioned before

After discussing more points with other people, maybe on this topic or somewhere else, I do not know. It's okay for me to be here, but maybe other people do not think so.
I think we should, maybe, ask for help from fanpages? as far as I can tell, ji hyo, haha, kook and suk jin fanpages agree that RM is not being fair to them. To disclose the letter and the undersigned if we will have one. I think it would work great!

• Like 3

It was a good idea to ask fanpages to join although i think most of them won't do it. But we can try it.

I think if we really want to do it there is no need to wait for lot of fans to join us then start it. Comment in their ig and post your opinion in other forums you use. Or where you watch rm. Fans who are interested will join and post their own opinion as well.similar requests from different forums and fanpages will have a bigger impression than just a letter from lot of fans. Then when that we prepare that letter we can repost it also in our ig if we want after we send it for them.

For the last ep i went to their ig and commented about what i felt was bad in that ep but there were only a few who did this. It would be better if more fans join and comment if they don't like this situation. 

• Like 3

Btw, this was so so awkward... So both didnt make it in time for the start of filming? The members reaction looked weird af! 

The PDs couldve just said these two are running late se we'll start without them,  instead we get this awkward and uncomfortable opening...

Guest athoughtcloud1
3 hours ago, sana82 said:

For the last ep i went to their ig and commented about what i felt was bad in that ep but there were only a few who did this. It would be better if more fans join and comment if they don't like this situation. 

Thanks for reminding. I also went and commented just now. What happened last episode was really unfair. More of us should comment on SBS ig. Let them know that the other members also have fans who watch the show to see their biases.

While I was initially unhappy with the cut during the JK apology moment during the hair-pulling, now I am over it. Perhaps there were other reasons. I am glad they showed the spartace hair pulling segment that they promised through the IG. However, I worry how much screen time JK and JH are going to get in the next episode if the trend is like this - since they are with idol guests who have fans, perhaps they will get comparatively better screen time than in this episode. All the same, I think leaving comments on SBS IG asking them to give fair screen time to the members will be good! 

From yesterday's shoot

6523834fgw1fa87kimk05j20e60dlad0.jpg

6523834fgw1fa87kg0j8jj211y0lcdn6.jpg

6523834fgw1fa87kq54pyj211k0lbtj7.jpg 

cre:  jeonjuhot FB via 叶知秋-11, weibo

If somebody can translate the basic demands into korean, then perhaps we can start leaving comments in korean on SBS IG - 1)Better games - food missions and games set exclusively in the studio are not what Running Man should be about. We don't want physically taxing games all the time, but we want the games to be challenging and entertaining 2)Fair screen time for all the members - the missions of some of the members are always edited out 3) Better editing - we are not able to make sense of the games because of poor editing. Others can add to the list of demands. I am tagging @bidovacsb, @bogummish and @androkia91 We can also have an English version of the same. 

The petition will take time developing. Until then, we can do what is possible - leave comments on SBS IG.

Have you guys seen this? Imagine if RM gets suspended as well, that will be the nail in the coffin, especially since they do nothing to attract new Korean demographies.

12 minutes ago, athoughtcloud1 said:

I am tagging @bidovacsb, @bogummish and @androkia91 We can also have an English version of the same. 

The petition will take time developing. Until then, we can do what is possible - leave comments on SBS IG.

I agree it's not abt the show being physical, it's about creativity and interactions between the cast, they pulled off countless episodes in the distant past where it was abt solving mysteries and doing fun games, parodying movies (train to busan and Veteran for example) and tv series (like that Joseon one) [perfect examples of how to promote well], the Yoomes Bond stuff, that episode with mysetrious guests pulling the strings behind the cameras etc, the tribute to hangul, those large scale games as a tribute to popular korean games etc, not eating and singing for no reason like they're in kindergarten. They need to connect with the times. The Bromance ep is the definition of lazy, they could have found a way to use both casts to parody the movie but instead they went around eating and singing, and that card game has nothing to do with the actual movie or the RM members. And even when the cast members won, they immediately invented a new rule to nullify the result of the karaoke machine and make them lose, it's like they didnt expect that Jo Jung Suk's good singing would rank lower than Song Ji Hyo's in the karaoke device (and btw Haha wasnt even singing, talk abt following a script). Cringe worthy stuff. Embarrassing.

The tag ripping should be a staple because it's a trademark but they dont need to make it look like a war, they can perfectly pull off a harmless tag ripping. But since the Gary eps, they look more lost than ever. Or maybe they dont care. Honestly feel embarrassed for these writers and PDs, at this point it's a clear incompetence on their part.  

3 hours ago, bogummish said:

Btw, this was so so awkward... So both didnt make it in time for the start of filming? The members reaction looked weird af! 

The PDs couldve just said these two are running late se we'll start without them,  instead we get this awkward and uncomfortable opening...

I'm actually not totally sure that was the case since it may have been the same scenario as with JJS/D.O., where JH and JK were elsewhere, waiting for their "hyungs" to meet them. Maybe they had their own mission where one of the hyungs had to pay for the food. But since we don't have footage from the episode to confirm it (thanks, PDs) and no fancam footage to clarify how it went down, it's up in the air and you could be right.

• Like 5

I agree with you all that RM is not the same as it has been years ago. But I was hoping that it would improve with time and the PDs would find better concepts et ideas, however this time for ep 327 I was extremely disappointed; this episode was too boring!! Until now, I was always really understanding towards the PDs because even if we criticize a lot, I'm sure that it's difficult for them to keep going on producing a show that has been successfull for a while. Futhermore, I was telling myself that it's not possible for them to make an episode as one it was 5 years ago because the lenght for an ep has been reduced by 15min (~1h30 to 1h15) but I was just trying to convince myself because at the time an episode (for example ep3) lasted only ~1h08, so it means that it is possible for them to make an interesting episode in a short time...

For ep 327, I think they were trying to do the same karaoke game as the ep where Jo Jung Suk and Shin Min Ah was guests (it was a good episode) but they failed to make it funny and interesting. so yeah I'm just really disappointed. I'm disappointed but I still love our RM family so I will keep watching running man until the end.

3 hours ago, bogummish said:

@bogummish SA were not there in the opening because Haha and Suk Jin was supposed to join them as JS ans KS did for DO and Jo Jung Suk. It means that the teams were already made by the PDs with the excuse that the concept was Bromance (Hyung-Dongseang realationship) However, they cut the scene with uri SA, HH and SJ. I think that the scenes in the beginning was totally useless and all the games were not really reflecting the concept. I mean I didn't get the feeling of what was the real concept for this ep, except for the fact that they were just promoting their guests instead of playing games, so the theme was just meaningless. And if there's no theme or concept, RM is not RM anymore.

• Like 5

Guest athoughtcloud1

I would have loved to watch the opening segment with the four of them.  JK-JSJ combination hasn't been explored much. JK, on the show,  doesn't treat JSJ as his hyung and orders him around, so it would have been nice to see how their hyung-dongsaeng equation worked. HaHyo combination was again perfect - Haha and JH have that camaraderie where Haha almost treats JH like a guy, yet their ghost house mission showed her depending on him and him putting aside his fears to help her. Sadly, the PD didn't consider their meeting up or missions interesting enough to air. In their first scene in the house, you can see that all the four are trying to role play according to the concept, but then who cared what they did or for the concept, for that matter? 

@athoughtcloud1, thanks for tagging me XD. I will help out how much ever I can to the best of my abilities for the Korean captions. And consider me in for the petition too!

And the following is not related to SA but the show itself, so bear with me for a bit lol.

I wanted to add more to this discussion, but you all have said exactly what's on my mind and more. I was expecting the episode to be bad, but not this bad, tbh. No wonder we got so many JK pics for this episode- he wasn't going to show up in the ep at all.

1. I was/am so so pissed at the opening sequence. JK and JH didn't show up until after 6 minutes- at least Haha and JSJ got a peek in the opening shot. I was actually anticipating the JK-JSJ pairing since they are such an unlikely pair for bromance and thought that the pairing idea was a stroke of brilliance, but I guess i expected too much from the RM team. Also I could have watched hours and hours of JK and JH being naughty dongsaengs to Haha and JSJ. Those 2 seconds where JK was asking for the car and Haha was telling JH to get off the skateboard and be seated were hilarious. No clue why they didn't continue this theme.

2. I won't recount the unfair judging instances since they are plain to see. Extremely disappointed is all I can say.

Now with the recent news of the plagiarism scandal for the 3rd time, I am waiting for a response from the RM team. This is the one thing they can't push on the cast and have to take responsibility for themselves. Though expecting a strong work ethic from the RM staff is too much to expect I suppose -.-

It just proves that the writer team doesn't have any originality, the editing team lacks finesse and the PD team is openly biased. I watch IC, 1N2D and have watched almost all seasons of 3 Meals A Day. The only thing similar they have with RM is a hard working cast willing to give their all. Trust Na PD to make just cooking three meals and other mundane activities so interesting to watch for 92 minutes using just great bgm,good concepts and captions. Trust the team of 1n2d to make even the most simple games interesting. Trust IC to use everything of the cast they can get their hands on - strengths, weaknesses, everything is used.

All these shows are so self aware- unlike RM. All 3 shows have even given characters to their PDs- even the new one on 1n2d. IC even makes an episode very other year on falling ratings- that's how aware they are. The comments on the show are taken seriously, every weakness in the ep is acknowledged and made fun of later. How many times have we seen RM do this- except the "I am sorry" episode? It is actions like these which make me think if the team is even bothered about the falling ratings or even has any intention to change things.

The only positive note I can end on this- things can only go up from here -  and I don't think RM can sink any lower than it has done by now. Hoping that the staff will take a step back and look at the bigger picture and help the cast to shine.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bogummish said:

@androkia91 im sorry, what plagiarism issue?? never heard of it

Hi! In the last episode, the card game in the end, it seems that they copied from a Japanese program. And this had already happened before, with that same program, in the episode of finding gary (the one of the diamonds)
But to be honest, this card game is very famous, at least here, I just found it weird the room to be the same...

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000928614

guys, a strange thing happened, I had commented on a running man post on facebook, then they liked, but wasn't a complimenting comment, and then I saw that they like several, do they read? I commented " too bad that they only have this scene and a little of they singing" because they posted the video of hahyo dancing TT. :huh:

• Like 3