[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Hello :) I've been hanging around here for a bit but am usually a just a lurker. I'm quite shy so it took me some courage to make an account and offer some help. Back to the petition idea, it sounds like you haven't quite figured it all out yet. I honestly think the petition is a great idea and since I'm Korean, I could try and help with the translation. I'm on the younger side, and I'm not the best with languages, so if you had a different offer I would suggest that you take that one and I wouldn't have made an account, but since it does look that there's still trouble with the getting together of the petition. If you would like any help from me, I'd be happy to help. I sure hope I didn't write any nonsense! Ok I will finish before I screw up more :) 

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1
5 hours ago, charlenex03 said:

Hello :) I've been hanging around here for a bit but am usually a just a lurker. I'm quite shy so it took me some courage to make an account and offer some help. Back to the petition idea, it sounds like you haven't quite figured it all out yet. I honestly think the petition is a great idea and since I'm Korean, I could try and help with the translation. I'm on the younger side, and I'm not the best with languages, so if you had a different offer I would suggest that you take that one and I wouldn't have made an account, but since it does look that there's still trouble with the getting together of the petition. If you would like any help from me, I'd be happy to help. I sure hope I didn't write any nonsense! Ok I will finish before I screw up more :) 

Wow, you are a godsend. That is a great offer we can't refuse. :)  Glad that you think this is an idea worth pursuing. Please don't feel shy to post here. 

Sorry guys. my work didn't get done till yesterday. Now that I am back and relatively free, I think we need to seriously start thinking about the petition. I am glad to find @charlenex03 here giving us encouragement to go ahead. I am thinking of starting a new thread on the general discussion forum. The first post can be edited as we go along, but for now, we need to have one. I wrote something and would like all of your opinions on whether I can go ahead with it. If you want me to delete and/or add something, please feel free to say so. Unless we have an exclusive forum where we can discuss this where people who are interested but don't want to post in a shipper thread can join in, the petition will remain just an idea. Tagging those whom I remember as expressing some interest in the idea: @pink007, @androkia91, @Aswin Tando,@linzer03, @bogummish, @ktiminie, @Nina Negru. If there are others who are interested in joining this, please come forward. This is what I wrote:  

Running Man is in its 7th year now and for a long time now, has been facing a crisis in its ratings. Ratings need not be the only indication. For many of us, who have been regular fans of the show, the dip in its quality has been hard to ignore. This is most visible on different forums where week after week, regular fans of the show go through the same discussions regarding the problem areas of the show . However, these discussions always remain limited to such forums and never make their way to the people who can actually make a difference - the Running Man production team. The show no longer has at its helm any of the 3 PDs who shaped it to become such a huge crossover success. With Gary leaving the show, Running Man has also lost one of its permanent members. Perhaps, this is the time for some of us to come together and start a petition where we outline our suggestions regarding the format and the content of the show to the production team. Ideally, it would be good if we can have the petition in English, Korean and Chinese so that we can reach out to a larger fandom, 

We are yet to figure out the logistics of the enterprise, but a thread would be a good place for those who want to join to give their ideas and constructive criticism on the show. This first post will be edited accordingly. Let's identify some key areas of the show that need to be addressed urgently. Let's also try to be on point as far as possible. The posters can give examples from particular episodes to make their point. We have to always keep in mind that the show's stated primary audience is not us. But as fans of the show who have been religiously following it for many years and who have in some ways contributed to its worldwide popularity, we have the right to offer suggestions which we feel the show can benefit from. We are not doing this with the conviction that the production team will listen to us, but with the hope that they will at least take some of our suggestions on board. But for the production team to listen to us, we have to make sure that the suggestions and criticism come off as constructive instead of overly critical. Therefore, when giving suggestions, please remember to point out things that still work for you in RM along with areas where you think the show needs to improve on. The show may be grappling with constraints we can only imagine like budget constraints, the members' age and health, the unavailability of experienced staff members etc. Even with all these, we still feel the show can do much better than it is currently doing and hopefully our petition, full of constructive criticism and creative ideas, can help the production team see the possibilities. The petition will also be a way of telling the production team and the members that there are still many out there who genuinely care for the show and want it to get back its quality and the ratings.  

The time frame for the petition can be decided as we go along.

Have you guys seen the lastest RM post on Insta? they are asking for fans who have filmed w RM before or helped a member in some mission before. id like to think that they are trying to come up with new ideas since everyone is sick of idol guests but you never know with this production team,they can easily ruin what seems like a good idea with their lazy writing. Part of me hopes they contact the people who helped them cross the Han river, that was a great episode tbh, I remember SJH came last when it comes to choosing the material to build the boat and ended up first. It was one of those eps where they didnt focus on her the entire ep (didnt even bother airing how she chose her partners) and she ended up (to everyone's surprise) winning the scholarship for her partners.

@athoughtcloud1 I like what you wrote, it conveys the sentiment perfectly!

@athoughtcloud1 What you've written sounds good. I might say try to break it up into smaller paragraphs when you post it on the new thread, since people have an easier time and read more thoroughly smaller paragraphs. 

@charlenex03 Thank you so much for your offer to translate! That would be awesome! 

I am definitely for writing the petition, but I probably won't be able to contribute much for the next couple weeks. I just have a lot going on. However, I think starting a new thread is a good idea, and maybe we can get a rough outline of a schedule before we start inviting other parts of the fandom so that when other fans come to the thread they can see that this is a serious effort that is going to be realized.

• Like 3

The production team made them pay again = = suk jin paid around 180000 won for the members and KS and JH each paid 196000 won for the staff. Also, when they were playing one game in pairs, JH and HaHa were the only one that succeed but they got cut out. JK went with KS and SJ went with JS so they showed all of it. Otherwise, I would say there was fair screen time between members because they stuck together most of the time. I will wait for the sub before judging them again.

I forgot to say that the ep wasn't finished, it will be continued next ep. I think that blackpink may only be for half ep. unless they extend it again.

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1

My post didn't show up.

Watched it RAW. Since this was an episode with only the cast members, there was more cast interaction which is good. However, I am quite worried by the lack of proper missions. I started watching only from the boat mission - that was the only memorable one for me, missionwise. The 'anonymous' mission didn't have half the charm it had once. In the 'anonymous' mission, HaHyo who won the game got almost zero screen time. If LKS posing with his fans after failing his mission (which was shown) could make the cut, then why couldn't  HaHyo who succeeded in their mission? If certain members' missions won't be shown even if they win or fail, why make them do them in the first place? It will save time and energy. @chelseafjl8, I am appalled at how there are so many food missions now for which the cast are supposed to foot the bill. It has become so routine now that when I know there is a food mission, I know it is a tactic to make the cast pay again.

Where is the competitiveness that made this show so popular? I felt bored watching it RAW. Perhaps it will be funnier subbed. But since there were no proper missions, it felt boring. Again, there was no climax. After auctioning off their autographs and JS got his punishment, the end. It will continue next week with perhaps more missions like these.

Is there only one PD now who is Hwan Jin PD? Or is he the one who shoots on Mondays? I felt the PD for the last episode was the same as the one who did the Hangul Day Race since the puzzle missions were kind of similar. May be it is the same PD, I don't know. But watching this episode raw, wondered whether the show can be saved at all unless they take in experienced PDs and writers who can give it a proper direction.

I want to know who all are really interested in the idea of a petition and want to contribute, I mean fans who can spare their time for it. I will be relatively free till the end of the month, but I don't want to start something I can't finish. My idea was that we could start a thread, get ideas from like-minded people and then work on the details through PMs. But if there aren't enough people who have the time and energy to contribute, I don't think it will work. That is why I am waiting for more people to respond. 

I just saw the RAW. Bored me tbh. I'm just thankful for no guests but that's abt it. No creativity in games, lazy writing and wtf editing. And I find the fact that they force them to pay for the cast so freaking rude, like cant you come up with better punishments? This is getting hopeless.

Btw, SJH has her new MC job for the beauty program on jtbc and HAHA will be MC'ing a hiphop search program for Mnet. I love RM but I'm glad the cast is expanding cause this thing isnt working anymore.

1 hour ago, bogummish said:

I just saw the RAW. Bored me tbh. I'm just thankful for no guests but that's abt it. No creativity in games, lazy writing and wtf editing. And I find the fact that they force them to pay for the cast so freaking rude, like cant you come up with better punishments? This is getting hopeless.

Btw, SJH has her new MC job for the beauty program on jtbc and HAHA will be MC'ing a hiphop search program for Mnet. I love RM but I'm glad the cast is expanding cause this thing isnt working anymore.

JK had a meeting at JTBC this morning too. So quite sure the cast are all trying to secure jobs out of RM.

• Like 3

Guest athoughtcloud1

JK has already done 'Everybody' on JTBC. I hope that whatever show JK lands has a long run! In the case of JK, with no proper missions, I feel he is being wasted on RM. 

I am really excited to see how JH does her variety show. She has done MCing before she landed RM. Let's see what she does this time!

Does JTBC have year end awards for their variety shows? 

I am glad they are all expanding outside RM. Wonder whether the members have some idea of a definite time period in the future that will signal the end of the show! The show is sure to last till the Feb fanmeets. After that, wonder where it will go. If we are going to get a semi-scripted fortune telling segment like last time for this new year, we will get some hints as to where the show is heading.