[Drama 2013] Medical Top Team 메디컬탑팀

Guest maea18

Guest NEWMARIO

Jeong Ryeo-won in the MBC "Medical Top Team"

Source | 2013/07/24 | 20 views | Permalink |

photo329905.jpg

Actress Jeong Ryeo-won is starring in the new MBC drama "Medical Top Team" with kwon Sang-woo. "Medical Top Team" is the newest project by Kim Do-hoon, who was responsible for the 40% viewing percentage of the drama "The Sun and the Moon". Writer Yoon Kyeong-ah from "Brain" and actorkwon Sang-woo, a guaranteed success, are also very promising names for the drama.

Jeong takes on the role of Seo Joo-yeong, a cardiothoracic doctor. She has charisma and humanity. She's introduced as a perfectionist who overcame all her hardships to become what she is today and always works so hard.

"Medical Top Team" will be aired after "The Queen's Classroom" and "Two Weeks".

Source : starin.edaily.co.kr/n... ( English )

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; line-height: 1.375; "Jung Ryeo-won Cast in Kwone Sang-woo’s Medical Drama
Posted on 2013/07/25 by Kang Jung Yeon in TV 

Jung Ryeo-won

Actress Jung Ryeo-won [Keyeast]

Actress Jung Ryeo-won has been cast in a new medical drama starring actor Kwone Sang-woo.

Jung will play the main female character in the show titled “Medical Top Team” (translated title), an official with her agency Keyeast announced through press release on Thursday.

Jung is set to take on the role of a charismatic and ambitious thoracic surgeon, her first time taking part in a medical drama and playing a doctor.

“I felt I could learn much from how she always does her hardest to become the best and overcomes various crises wisely,” Jung was quoted as saying of her reason for deciding to take the role.

Kwone will play the drama’s male lead, a medical surgeon who speaks and acts in a straightforward manner but kindly helps those in need.

Directed by director Kim Do-hoon of Kim Soo-hyun’s historical drama “Moon Embracing the Sun” and written by writer Yoon Kyung-ah of Shin Ha-kyun’s medical drama “Brain,” “Medical Top Team” will show how a medical dream team comes together while reflecting on the reality of the medical industry.

The drama is set to show every Wednesdays and Thursdays on major broadcasting channel MBC starting in October after “Two Weeks” (translated title) ends its run.

Reporter. Kang Jung Yeon atoz@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Jessica Kim

Courtesy of Keyeast

Guest manquant

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"SHINee’s Minho Positively Reviewing Drama “Medical Top Team”crystalcove July 25, 2013 0 CommentsSHINee’s Minho Positively Reviewing Drama “Medical Top Team”

Will SHINee‘s Minho be returning to the small screen?

Industry sources say the possibility is high, with the idol positively reviewing the upcoming drama, “Medical Top Team.” It was first announced through Sports Seoul that Minho was cast in the drama to play the role of Kim Sung Woo, as a third year in the thoracic surgery department. Minho’s agency, SM Entertainment, responded to this new according to TV Daily that Minho was positively reviewing the drama, not confirmed. “There are still a lot of obstacles to overcome, and since it has to be adjusted with SHINee’s album promotions, we can’t confirm it.”

“Medical Top Team” will be a drama about how the top doctors in their respective areas of expertise come together to form a team. It will be directed by Kim Do Hoon who lead the drama “The Moon that Embraces the Sun,” and will be penned by Yoon Kyung Ah, writer of drama “Brain.” Kwon Sang Woo and Jung Ryeo Won have already been confirmed for the drama. 

TweetShare on Tumblr

the girl who! said:

estrellita1122 said:

lol all the actors who are going to be on Medical Top Team have never had a role of doctors before so this will be very interesting to watch and very challenging for them to portray this roles. about Lee Min Jung not taking the role I guess she has decided to enjoy peacefully her honeymoon and then start a new project.

One thing for sure ... Lee Byung Hun is the happiest person with the news =))

I was gonna hold off on comments like this, but you already went there sis! =)) =)) 

Maybe he was the one begging hahahaha.

Back to topic, i read that Shinee Minho is reviewing to became part of Medical Top Team. What do you guys think? I like him but hope he improve his acting and show viewers

Guest maea18

Minho? noooo!!! please no idol-actor in this drama.. X(  i know jung ryeo won was an idol before becoming an actress but she was great, unlike others who can't even act.. (i'm not being rude i'm just stating a fact...)

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Jung Ryeo-won joins Team Genius, aka Medical Top Team

by javabeans | July 25, 2013 | 

ryeowon_215.jpg

The cast is filling out for MBC’s fall drama Medical Top Team, which started out by securing Kwon Sang-woo to headline the follow-up drama from Brain’s writer and The Moon That Embraces the Sun’s PD. With the hero in place, the show has added Oh Yeon-seo in a secondary lead role, and now Jung Ryeo-won has been selected as its main female lead.

The drama centers around a team of briiiiilliant doctors, each at the top of his or her field. Which you knew, from the title that told you that. Jung Ryeo-won’s character is a thoracic surgeon with “strong charisma” and a “warm, human touch.” But that doesn’t mean she’s a pushover; she’ll also show an ambitious side, as befits her elite doctor status.

I find the casting a little unexpected since Jung has been gravitating toward quirky roles in recent years, in both dramas and films (see: cheekily satirical King of Dramas, darkly funny History of the Salaryman, and morbidly-humorous-with-a-sweet-center Never Ending Story), and medical dramas always strike me as straight-down-the-middle mainstream drama fare. That’s not a bad thing; it’s just not what I pictured her picking next. But I like Jung quite a lot and she’s been hitting it out of the park with her recent roles, so her casting is a definite plus for the show. She’s also worked with Kwon before (in the film Pain), which should help in the chemistry department.

jjh_93.jpg

Then there’s Joo Ji-hoon, who is poised to join the cast now that his MBC broadcasting ban has now been lifted. (The ban was instated in response to Joo’s drug scandal, and has now expired.) Joo returned from army duty with a movie (I Am the King) and a drama (Five Fingers), and it looks like his career rehab is proceeding nicely.

According to Joo’s management company, Keyeast, he has received the drama offer and is considering it favorably. His would-be character is an internist (a geeeenius, naturally) whose mild-mannered appearance hides his heart-of-ice interior. Sounds like he’s the sneaky type of shrewd and calculating, since he sees Team Genius as a mere stepping-stone for his goal of being the next hospital director. Everyone, watch your backs.

Medical Top Team will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays in October.

Via ChosunStar News

laquetahodge said: @estrellita2211 I don't want him in this drama, I hope he declines due to his Japanese activities@maea18 It's not the fact that Minho's an idol that's bothering me, it's just that he can't act & everyone knows it. I know it's good for him to gain experience, but he should really start off in a really minor role if he's trying to become an actor. Yes, Jung Ryeo Won was an idol before she was an actress but she worked at it for years so she could be taken seriously. I just finished watching Sooyoung in her drama & she's good, so there was no complaint there for me. I'm praying SM has him decline the role since he's suppose to be busy in Japan anyways. 

WAIT! His status is still unconfirmed' date=' Minho hasn't accepted the role just yet. Seems like AKP doesn't know how to do their research on these things. [/quote']

Lol what can we expect from Allkpop. Hahaha anyway so if he takes the role so is he going to have a childhood crush with OYS's character? Since it says its a mix love triangle hahaha anyway lets see if his agency confirms it

estrellita1122 said:

So its official the Joo Ji Hoon has not accepted the role?

He has neither accepted nor declined the role, he's still reviewing it. It's looking more like he will accept, but I haven't seen any news about him officially accepting it. 

I am really wishing for him to accept the role, and i guess we will know before the end of this month

Guest maea18

@laquetahodge sooyoung actually impresses me w/ her acting skills.. she's the only one from SM that i think (for me) who's good at acting :D (since i don't really find the acting of others SM artist good enough for nagging a lead role but yeah, they are popular so,,)

Guest sogazelle

I hope JJH accepts the role....I totally adore him! He's the best actor Korea has. Although this is a 2nd lead role, I want him to accept it just to welcome him back on primetime MBC after they banned him....
I'm so happy that he's on the road to revive his career after a rough path....JJH Fighting.....

Guest jjsweeter0211

Ju Ji Hoon Returns to MBC After 7 Years for ‘Medical Top Team’

With the ban lifted, Ju Ji Hoon will be returning to MBC with Medical Top Team

On July 26, MBC affiliates announced that Ju Ji Hoon has been cast as Han Seung Jae, a doctor of internal medicine. He will be acting besides Kwon Sang Woo and Jung Ryeo Won, who was also recently cast.

23792280.jpg

After his drug scandal in 2009, Ju Ji Hoon was banned from MBC until now. It will be seven years since he stepped foot into MBC since he appeared on Goong in 2006. 

“I’m very happy to work on a good project with great staff,” said Ju Ji Hoon. I plan on focusing more on the inner character of Han Seung Jae instead of just showing his outer side. I’m anticipating that this drama will show a different color than the general medical drama.”

Medical Top Team will be directed by Kim Do Hoon, who led The Moon that Embraces the Sun and written by Yoon Kyung Ah, who penned Brain

The drama is scheduled for October. 

Photo Credit: KeyEast

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/41833

Guest NEWMARIO

Joo Ji-Hoon, appears on ‘Medical Top Team’ after expire of suspension

SHARE   twitter20.png   facebook20.png   2013/07/26(Fri) 09:27
6648_1.jpg Actor Joo Ji-Hoon is appearing on MBC ‘Medical Top Team’.
On July 26, ‘Medical Top Team’ said, “Joo Ji-Hoon is appearing on ‘Medical Top Team’ as Hwan Seung-Hwan to work with Gwon Sang-Woo and Jeong Ryeo-Won.” Han Seung-Jae, who Joo Ji-Hoon will act, is an attractive doctor who has cold reason behind warm smile, and Joo Ji-Hoon is wearing doctor gown for the first time since his debut. Joo Ji-Hoon was sentenced to 6 months of prison labor, a year of probation and community service. At then, MBC decided to suspend Joo Ji-Hoon, but after expire of suspension, he got to appear on ‘Medical Top Team’. Joo Ji-Hoon is working with MBC in 7 years after ‘The Palace’ in 2006. Joo Ji-Hoon said, “I’m happy to work with good work, excellent production crew. I’m going to concentrate on Han Seung-Jae’s inside. I look forward to medical drama with different color from previous ones.” ‘Medical Top Team’ will start from October.
cr: as logo

Archived