[Drama 2013-14] You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star ★ 별에서 온 그대

Maetawinz

Guest TanyaN

sorry to post is here, but this for kim soo hyun ,ATTENTION iKstars, YUKARIS, KMOONS and of course...SHIPPERS.

As part of the iKstars Sub-team...we have decided to make a CONGRATULATORY NOTES for our baby in honor of his 7th YEAR DEBUT ANNIVERSARY. To make sure that this project is done successfully...we, of course...need your help. If any of you are interested in sending congratulatory note to baby you're welcomed to do so by sending PM to @norbaizuraabdullah starting 16th July to 20th July. 
We hope to see great responses from all of you. We also hope that with this project baby SooHyun will be happy and realize that his fans are still with him and still cheering him on, no matter what the situations are. 

note: Please spread this info..http://forums.soompi.com/profile/norbaizuraabdullah
safe_image.php?d=AQD_Jqhx0dizgiw6&w=154&soompiforums.soompi.com

• Replies 27.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ManetaT

Hi everyone! I have just started watching this drama because I've been really curious about the circus that always happen whenever somebody would talk about it and its lead Kim Soo Hyun. Well I had a glimpse of him on 'Dream High' but he didnt quite get my attention then (plus I wasn't a fan of that teen drama), not until I learned that my favorite Lee Yo Won praised his acting and the recent gaga over this drama.

First of all, I like the concept that some young and handsome alien has been living this world of ours for 400 years and who wishes to meet that young girl whom he saved 12 years before the current time. SWEET. I love how his books over his lifetime are nicely displayed on his library. If I'd have him as my professor, failing his class won't be so sad. Ah. I couldnt imagine of any other actor who could perfectly fit in with the role other than Kim Soo Hyun. I like his acting and though I didnt find him handsome on my first glance, his gorgeousness just grows on me. Hihihi. What a young man, really.

This is the first I've seen Gianna Jun. She's beautiful and very funny though I find her acting sometimes comical. As the story progresses though, I have learned to appreciate the work she did with her character.

I love how this drama tackles about the happenings behind the camera of actresses, of how they think of those who threatened their so-called thrones and how they'd play the game just to be on top. On the other hand, they are pitiful too because they always have to stay pretty and perfect to win the public's approval (and to sway the confidence of their rival). That way of life is kinda hard. You seem to be cool in the eyes of everyone else but you actually suck big time. :(

I still have a lot to say about the other characters but I'd like to watch a few more episodes (still on episode 5). This drama is really interesting. I checked it's reviews on KDrama blogs and it's ratings and it seems like a highly reccomended drama so I will definitely give this a shot and so far I love what I've been watching.

So yeah, happy watching to me. :D

Guest TanyaN

http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/17/film-version-of-man-from-the-stars-fails-to-pass-chinese-censorship/ class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Film Version of “Man from the Stars” Fails to Pass Chinese CensorshipFilm Version of “Man from the Stars” Fails to Pass Chinese Censorship

The Chinese movie version of hit drama “Man from the Stars” has failed to pass China’s censors.

According to a representative, the drama’s concept of an alien residing on earth for 400 years was the main reason why the film failed to pass the country’s censors. The representative also added that they will be re-editing the movie and try again for a chance to release the film in China.

The film version has no new footage, as the cast did not shoot any extra footage for the movie version of “Man from the Stars”. This is a different approach from the drama “Doctor Stranger“, whose cast had three extra days of filming for the Chinese version of the drama. 

The film version of “Man from the Stars” was initially planned to be released in Chinese theaters this summer. 

class="h1_content_viewTitle" style="margin: 25px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; -webkit-print-color-adjust: exact; font-style: italic; font-size: 30px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); line-height: 37.5px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Fashionista: Jeon Ji-hyun in 'My Love From the Star'There is a growing number of people today who watch Korea-made soap operas and listen to Korean hip hop and dance music. This recent uptick in media consumption has brought increased attention to elements of the nation's mass media and content industry. 

One of this year's most-watched soap operas, SBS's "My Love From the Star," is the prime example of this, having launched various "cultural fads" across a variety of industries. For example, the combination of fried chicken and beer that actress Jeon Ji-hyun, in the role of the main heroine, was shown eating in the show has aroused what's now called a "Chimaek Fever" in some parts of China, named for the Korean words for "fried chicken" and "beer." Also, filming locations across Korea that were visited by the main characters during the show, -- the Petite France theme park in Gapyeong, the N Seoul Tower in central Seoul, and more -- are still seeing an endless flow of tourists.

Visitors' interest, however, is not limited to food and travel. The clothing and accessories worn by the characters on-screen has taken fans by storm, too. 

140717_My_Love_From_The_Star_1.jpg
Starting with the very first episode, Jeon Ji-hyun has been putting on a splendid show. Her balanced style, with a modern, tailored jacket and a wide belt, gave her a slender look. She matched it with a knee-length skirt and thigh-high boots, perfectly mixing both the feminine and the chic. 

A crisp white shirt, an indispensable staple in most closets, can help achieve this look. It is recommended to choose a pencil skirt, one that is light-colored and either knee-length or with a lace trim. It's good to avoid skirts that are either too complicated or too simple in design. Instead, a jacket with a strong pattern is key to this look. The strong pattern itself is enough, and is encouraged to be worn with simple shoes and a simple handbag. 

140717_My_Love_From_The_star_2.jpg
Following both modern and classic cues, Jeon Ji-hyun achieved a casual look with her flare skirts. The short flared skirt, cut above the knee, adds to the look. The neoprene material creates more wrinkles, helping it look more voluminous. 

For those who would want to try this style, it looks better with a sweat shirt that comes below the waist line. It goes well with sneakers rather than high heels. It's recommended to match the shoes with the socks, and to use laces and a cute design. Finally, complete the style with sunglasses in pop colors or else a small tote bag. 

140717_My_Love_From_The_Star_3.jpg
Along with clothing, the different hair accessories that Jeon Ji-hyun wore in each episode have also come under the limelight. A thick hair band was key to her simple, straight hair style, while a leather ribbon matched her baggy T-shirts, completing her tom boy look. In another episode, she showed a stylish hairdo, worn up with a sliver band, highlighting her femininity. 

140717_My_Love_From_The_Star_4.png
Finally, colorful hairpins created a natural, yet unique, look. With her bangs pinned back with a hair clip, she gave off an effortless air, but it still gave her a vibe that was bright and stylish. 

*This article has been made possible through a partnership with K-Star Fashion. 
(http://kstarfashion.com

By Lee Seung-ah 
Korea.net Staff Writer 
slee27@korea.kr 
July 17 2014

Guest TanyaN

hongchae1

said:

You From Another Star exhibition draws the massesby awcoconuts

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES!

Read more here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/06/you-from-another-star-exhibition-draws-the-masses/

I want to go too but it's too expensive!

:(

(

class="title_sec" style="font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Fashion items of Kim Soo-hyun, Jun Ji-hyun auctioned off
wo cherished fashion items donated by Kim Soo-hyun and Jun Ji-hyun, co-stars of the mega-hit TV series “My Love from the Star,” have been sold in an auction, the event’s organizers said Wednesday.

The auction was held on Sunday at Seoul’s Dongdaemun Design Plaza, where a special exhibition on the drama is under way. Some 200 overseas fans of the drama and journalists from Chinese news media attended the auction, they said.

Kim’s knit and Jun’s handbag were sold for 2.4 million won ($2,346) and 680,000 won each during the event, according to its host SBS, a major TV network in South Korea that aired the series.

The knit went to a Chinese woman who identified herself as a devoted fan of Kim, while a South Korean man bought Jun’s handbag.
AEN20140723006200315_01_i.jpg
“I thank the drama for giving hope and a feeling of warmth to me and hope Korean dramas would help develop friendly ties between South Korea and China,” the Chinese woman said, without giving her name.

The proceeds from the auction will be donated to a local charity, the broadcaster said.

Also hosted by SBS, the special exhibition is scheduled to last until Aug. 15.

The hit 2013-14 soap series about an alien who landed on Earth 400 years ago and falls in love with a top actress in modern-day Korea enjoyed an audience rating of some 30 percent in South Korea. 

It later became a runaway hit in China, making its stars Kim and Jun household names among young Chinese viewers and reigniting the Korean pop culture boom known as “hallyu” in the world’s most populous country. (Yonhap)

Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy wear this jumper by g-cut for her cameo in this drama.1656332_704487646262319_1318255665_n.png
I'm getting confused because some k-fashion blog label it as jacket or coat.

Guest LimaS

tumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto1_250.giftumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto8_250.gif

tumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto7_250.giftumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto2_250.gif

tumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto4_r2_250.giftumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto5_250.gif

tumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto6_250.giftumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto10_250.gif

tumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto3_250.giftumblr_n92ssxf1c61tfmgyto9_250.gif
http://kdramalovestories.tumblr.com/post/92645258196/get-to-know-me-meme-2-15-favourite-kdramas

--------

tumblr_n94w2kfAIx1qj99ejo2_250.giftumblr_n94w2kfAIx1qj99ejo1_250.gif

tumblr_n94w2kfAIx1qj99ejo7_250.giftumblr_n94w2kfAIx1qj99ejo3_250.gif

tumblr_n94w2kfAIx1qj99ejo4_250.giftumblr_n94w2kfAIx1qj99ejo8_250.gif

tumblr_n94w2kfAIx1qj99ejo6_250.giftumblr_n94w2kfAIx1qj99ejo5_250.gif

http://fascinares.tumblr.com/post/92569629535

-----

tumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo8_250.giftumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo6_250.giftumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo4_250.gif

tumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo1_250.giftumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo2_250.giftumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo3_250.gif

tumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo5_250.giftumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo7_250.giftumblr_n94k0zHKXu1s10hxpo9_250.gif

http://that-alien-was-romantic.tumblr.com/post/92548685100/anonymous-requested-one-gifset-of-min-joon-that

-------

tumblr_n92tax1OVV1t6ozzmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n92tax1OVV1t6ozzmo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n92tax1OVV1t6ozzmo3_500.jpg
tumblr_n92tax1OVV1t6ozzmo4_500.jpg

http://rachkimkwon.tumblr.com/post/92453795525

Guest ManetaT

This KDrama is one of the funniest I have seen yet. :D Kim Soo Hyun and Gianna Jun are among the best tandems I have seen what with their undeniable and effortless chemistry. :* Gianna Jun is just so so so funny and lovely and ABSOLUTELY FASHIONABLE. Kim Soo Hyun is every inch my dream man! Hihihi. Hayyy...

I'm still on ep 19. Things just a got a little sweeter and funnier between the two leads (and Hee Kyung also got more handsome :D).

Guest ilikemangoss

This thread is so quiet since we've all moved over to dmj x csy shipper thread.. but if some of you haven't heard already, we are currently voting for JJH and KSH and MLFTS for Seoul International Drama Awards.

1. Click here to vote through soompi:http://www.soompi.com/seoul-international-drama-awards-2014-vote/
You must be signed into soompi VIA facebook account and you must "like" soompi page on FB. 

2. For Nate...

IF YOU WANT TO HELP VOTE BUT DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH HASSLE OF SIGNING UP, FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. PLEASE PM @lylanieP and ask for an account 
2. PLEASE go to http://www.nate.com/
3. PLEASE sign in using the information lylanieP has provided youimage
4. PLEASE then clink on this link: http://comm.news.nate.com/2014drama?vote=Y
Click on heart to vote for KSH and 2 other actors (You must choose 3 for vote to go through).

5 days and 20 hours left (from the time i post this) before voting closes. Let's make these last few days COUNT.

Archived