BTS (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#2025OT7 #11thAnniversary #MUSE #HobiD89 #Who #AreYouSure #RunJin #BeMine]

YongZura⁷

All BTS members begin military service, talk of group reunion in 2025

d83d09df-c5d6-4502-8205-ae31231e50cd.jpg

BTS fans crowd the Republic of Korea Army Training Center in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, Monday, as RM and V, members of the K-pop act BTS, are slated to arrive. Yonhap

By Pyo Kyung-min

Four BTS members — RM, V, Jimin and Jungkook — begin their military duties this week, joining Jin, J-hope and Suga already fulfilling their mandatory service. This development marks the end of the longstanding debate over the possibility of a military service exemption for BTS and sets the stage for the group's anticipated reunion in 2025.

On Monday, RM and V started their military duty at the Republic of Korea Army Training Center in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, undergoing basic military training before entering active service in the Army.

In the midst of a light rain, the other five members of BTS gathered at the camp to attend the enlistment ceremony of RM and V. The three members already serving in the military took a break to be present, while Jimin and Jungkook, who were scheduled to enlist the following day, also joined the group for this occasion.

RM reflected on his past decade with the group, expressing his contentment and gratitude on fan community platform Weverse, Sunday, a day before his enlistment.

"I was really happy to live as a BTS member over the past 10 years," he wrote, saying he hopes to gain lessons and inspiration from the experience.

V also shared his anticipation via Weverse as well, saying, "Even though those I'll be going to the military with may be younger than me, I think I'll be able to learn new things."

With Jimin and Jungkook enlisting Tuesday, the entire group completes its transition to military service.

The four members are expected to be discharged in June 2025.

Jin, the group's eldest member, began his military service last December, followed by J-hope in April this year. Since September, Suga has also been serving as a social service worker. The expected discharge dates are in June 2024 for Jin, October 2024 for J-hope and June 2025 for Suga.

BigHit Music, the agency managing BTS and its members, has announced plans for the group to resume full-fledged activities as a septet in 2025, once all members are discharged.

1fc51d28-555f-494d-a258-e40071b35f75.jpg

A woman walks past a mural depicting RM, a member of K-pop group BTS, in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, Monday, the same day that two more members of K-pop phenomenon BTS — RM and V — were set to start mandatory military service with the final two members — Jimin and Jungkook — expected to enlist Tuesday. AFP-Yonhap

With all members enlisted in the military, the controversy surrounding BTS' military service exemptions has come to an end.

The controversy emerged in 2018 as the group gained unprecedented international fame as a K-pop act. Concerns were raised about the potential impact associated with BTS members fulfilling their military service, mandatory for all able-bodied men in Korea for at least 18 months.

The hiatus resulting from their service raised questions about the potential losses in both economic and cultural spheres and ignited a heated debate over whether BTS members should receive special exemptions.

Military service exemptions in Korea are typically granted to individuals in the fields of arts and sports who have contributed significantly to "elevating the nation's prestige" internationally, allowing them to continue their activities without hiatus.

For athletes, this entails achieving at least an Olympic bronze medal or an Asian Games gold medal. In the case of artists, the requirement is to secure at least second place in any of 42 designated fine arts competitions, as specified by the Military Manpower Administration.

Son Heung-min, a gold medalist at the 2018 Asian Games, and Cho Seong-jin, the winner of the International Chopin Piano Competition, have been granted exemptions.

While achievements in pop culture have generally been excluded from the exemptions due to their commercial nature, the BTS members were subject to special consideration.

210902bf-972d-488d-8ea3-4272ea7d26e3.jpg

BTS fans crowd the gate to the Army Training Center in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, Monday, as RM and V, members of the K-pop act BTS, are slated to arrive. Yonhap

Advocates have argued that the group's impact extends far beyond commercial success, contending that BTS has "elevated the national prestige" far more than any other artist or athlete.

Notably, BTS made history as the first Asian act to top the Billboard 200 chart in 2018. It also became the inaugural K-pop act to lead the main single chart, the Hot 100, in September 2020.

The group's accomplishments were further solidified when it won the Artist of the Year award at the American Music Awards (AMA), one of the top three music awards in the U.S., in November of the following year.

However, a survey by Media Real Research Korea found varied opinions on whether BTS members should fulfill their military duties.

Of the 5,039 adults surveyed, 36 percent believed that granting exemptions was unfair, while 34.6 percent considered it a form of national recognition for those who have elevated the country's global recognition.

Despite varied public opinions, the BTS members have consistently expressed their willingness to fulfill their military obligations as Korean citizens.

Jin once said at a press event, "As an able-bodied Korean man, I think military service is a natural responsibility. If the country calls, I will respond anytime. I frequently discuss this with the members, and I am committed to responding to all military service requirements."

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/12/732_364873.html

• Blob 1

BTS Members V and RM to Enlist in Military Today

7aae759d-6cb8-41b3-90e5-4429199b4e39-1-s

BTS members RM and V are enlisting in the military today.

They plan to enter the Nonsan Training Center with no official event for fans and the media.

647824_962604_835.jpg

Ahead of his enlistment, RM shared a lengthy post on Weverse. He wrote, “It’s been such a blessing to live as a BTS member over the last ten years. As I’ve said all along, the end is another beginning. I’m sure we will be in for another piece of good news.”

He then assured his beloved fans, stating, “Even though it’s a bit nerve-wracking, it’s nice knowing there’s something to look forward to in this uncertain time.”

v.png

On December 10th, V took to his Instagram and shared several photos of him with sunglasses and a new buzz cut. He wrote, “It was my dream to wear sunglasses with a buzzcut, and I hoped that someday my dream would come true. Well, lucky me – it did.”

He also expressed his gratitude to the staff members, saying, “Hey, my TAE crew members, I love these lovely cute letters and a heartfelt video message. I’m so touched. See you soon.”

BTS’s group activities will resume after June 2025, according to the agency’s announcement.

source : https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010281183&plink=ORI&cooper=NAVER

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Jimin was on W-LIVE:

Thank you, Jimin.

ctto

@YongZura⁷ yes, I saw his W-LIVE, also JK's W-LIVE. Thanks for sharing.   :Twerkdatbutt:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** On December 9th, actors Lee Sungmin and Lee Jungeun appeared as guests on Yoo Jaesuk's Youtube show. There, Lee Sungmin talked about his admiration for Suga! When asked about the type of music he usually listens to, Lee Sungmin answered that he listened to Suga's music. He went on to praise BTS group. He said there that he only listened to BTS songs and he listened to it loudly. He said that the group made really great songs. Furthermore, Lee Sungmin shared that he went to Suga's concert once. It was his first time going to a concert, and he said that it was spectacular. He also said that he has great respect for Suga.   :Ohboy3:

• Awesome 1

Jimin, Jungkook say 'goodbye' to fans before enlisting on Tuesday

BTS's Jimin, left, and Jungkook [SCREEN CAPTURE]

BTS's Jimin, left, and Jungkook [SCREEN CAPTURE]

BTS's Jimin and Jungkook, the band's last two members to enlist, bid farewell to fans on Monday, a day before entering military boot camps.

"Goodbye! I'll come back soon and well," Jimin said during a live stream on Weverse.

All members of BTS will be serving in the military as of Tuesday.

"It feels like I'm being separated from the [fans] that I have known for 10 to 11 years," Jimin added.

"Starting early means that the time we can reunite as a team and work together will also come earlier," Jimin said. "And I'm joining the military with Jungkook, so I have somebody to rely on a lot."

"I am grateful to have so many people to say goodbye to and to welcome me back," he added.

Jimin also revealed his new short hair look during the livestream.

Jungkook also held a livestream session on Weverse on the same day.

"All members of the band will be serving in the military as of tomorrow," he said. "I'm thankful [to all the fans] for their support and love until before I enter."

"I'll miss you guys," he added. "I'll come back strong and solid."

RM and V started their military service on Monday.

They kept a low profile, heading straight into boot camps without getting out of their vehicles to say goodbye to fans or speak to reporters.

Jin, the first to enlist in the band, is slated to complete his service in June. J-Hope will finish in October, and Suga will finish in June 2025. Suga has to serve longer, as he has to spend a total of 21 months as a social service agent.

All members will have their mandatory military service completed by 2025.

BY KIM JI-YE [kim.jiye@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-12-12/entertainment/kpop/Jimin-Jungkook-say-goodbye-to-before-enlisting-on-Tuesday/1933401

• Love 1

• YongZura⁷ changed the title to BTS 10th. Anniversary (방탄소년단) Official Thread: 2nd Chapter [#WeWillWaitForYouIn2025 #SpringDay #봄날] *Be Safe, Healthy and Happy #BTS

Jimin, Jungkook join Army; all BTS members now on hiatus

SEOUL, Dec. 12 (Yonhap) -- Two more members of K-pop supergroup BTS began their mandatory military service Tuesday, ushering in a hiatus for all seven members.

Jimin and Jungkook entered the same military recruit training camp at the Army's 5th Infantry Division in Yeoncheon, 60 kilometers north of Seoul. The army unit is where their bandmate Jin is serving as an assistant drill instructor.

They were reportedly seen off at the camp by two other bandmates, Suga and J-Hope.

This photo taken on Dec. 12, 2023, shows a bus wrapped with a photo of BTS member Jimin and a message of support. The bus was parked in front of the military recruit training camp at the Army's 5th Infantry Division in Yeoncheon, situated 60 kilometers north of Seoul, where Jimin and his bandmate Jungkook enlisted to start their mandatory military service. (Yonhap)

This photo taken on Dec. 12, 2023, shows a bus wrapped with a photo of BTS member Jimin and a message of support. The bus was parked in front of the military recruit training camp at the Army's 5th Infantry Division in Yeoncheon, situated 60 kilometers north of Seoul, where Jimin and his bandmate Jungkook enlisted to start their mandatory military service. (Yonhap)

After receiving five weeks of basic training there, they will be assigned to active duty.

While some fans from countries such as Japan, Thailand, and Russia were spotted waiting outside the training camp for the arrival of their favorite stars, there was no major congestion resulting from a large-scale gathering of fans.

Instead of turning up in person, fans silently showed their support for Jimin and Jungkook by placing a bus wrapped with their photos and a large balloon bearing messages of support in front of the camp.

Banners with phrases like "We'll wait for 3D's Jungkook every day of the week" and "Jimin, come back in good health" could also be seen near the site.

BTS members Jimin (L) and Jungkook show off their military cuts in this composite photo from Weverse. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

BTS members Jimin (L) and Jungkook show off their military cuts in this composite photo from Weverse. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

With the latest enlistment, all seven members of the group will be on hiatus to fulfill their military duty.

On Monday, RM and V went to a boot camp in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, to start their service.

In South Korea, all able-bodied men are required to serve in the military for at least 18 months.

Placards cheering for two BTS members -- Jimin and Jungkook -- are hung along the street in front of the Army's 5th Infantry Division's boot camp in Yeoncheon, 60 kilometers north of Seoul, on Dec. 12, 2023, ahead of their joint entry into the camp later in the day to fulfill their obligatory military service. (Yonhap)

Placards cheering for two BTS members -- Jimin and Jungkook -- are hung along the street in front of the Army's 5th Infantry Division's boot camp in Yeoncheon, 60 kilometers north of Seoul, on Dec. 12, 2023, ahead of their joint entry into the camp later in the day to fulfill their obligatory military service. (Yonhap)

The group and its agency, BigHit Music, were hoping the team would resume activities as a full group after the four -- RM, V, Jimin and Jungkook -- are discharged in June 2025.

Three older band members are already in service, with Jin, the oldest, being the first to join last December.

Jin and J-Hope are performing active duty, while Suga is serving as a social service agent, an alternative form of military service in the country.

Spoiler

AEN20231211008652315_06_i_P4.jpg

"I think it will be a lot of support to be able to enlist with Jungkook. I will come back after doing a good job," Jimin said in a livestream on Weverse, a K-pop fan community platform, on Monday.

He once again took to Weverse to bid his farewell to fans before heading to the camp Tuesday.

Jungkook also said his goodbye to fans on a Weverse livestream earlier in the day.

"I'll complete basic training well and salute you all in a dignified manner. Goodbye," he said. "I'll come back stronger."

BTS has said it has prepared various content for the group's devoted fans who will be waiting for their return.

sshim@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20231211008652315?section=culture/k-pop

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Yesterday, I was surprised but happy seeing that Jungkook virtually guesting during Charlie Puth’s TikTok Live stage.   They performed “Left and Right” together! Today, Charlie Puth took to X to express his gratitude to Jungkook. He was honored that Jungkook chose his final performance to be with him until he returned.   :hypehype:

I want to thank Jung Kook for joining us on stage virtually last night. It is a very full circle moment- from discovering his WDTA cover, to performing together in 2018 for the first time, and he wanted his final performance was with me! I feel very lucky and I can’t wait to perform with him again when he is back. Thank you to BTS and the BTS army for all the love and support always. I will see you soon JK :heart:

— Charlie Puth

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** V wearing his military gear, marched in the rain towards the training center, masked and focused while RM carrying a backpack, walked alongside his fellow recruits. These are the first photos of V and RM in their soldier roles.  :heart1:

BTS Members V and RM Begin Military Service, First Photos in Uniform

Spoiler

20231211213121396bfyv.jpg

20231211213122721skqc.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231211213117656?x_trkm=t

• Like 1

BTS Members Jimin and Jungkook Say Goodbye to Fans Ahead of Military Enlistment

jimin-jungkook.jpg

BTS members Jimin and Jungkook shared their final messages before embarking on their mandatory military service together.

The two BTS stars are enlisting today and they are the last members of their group to fulfill their military duties. The training camp where they enlisted is the same location where BTS’s Jin is currently serving as a sergeant.

Jimin opened up about his feelings in a Weverse live on December 11th, revealing his brand new buzz cut. He expressed, “I’ll return safely. It doesn’t feel real yet, and it’s hard to put my feelings into words. But now that I’ve shaved my head, it’s starting to sink in.”

Jimin told fans, saying, “Even now, I miss you, but how much more will I miss you when I’m gone? We have to go quickly, so we can all resume activities together sooner. Enlisting with Jungkook gives me a lot of strength.”

He reassured fans about the future, stating, “RM, V, Jin, J-Hope and Suga are doing well and will do well. Jungkook and I will also fulfill our duties and return. After coming back, we’ll go on tours and concerts. We’ll also release albums and spend enjoyable times together as we did before. I’ll work hard during my service, practice as much as I can, and come back showing growth. I’ll reflect a lot, feel deep gratitude toward you all, keenly sense the empty space and return. I’ll go and return safely. If I can leave messages during my service, I’ll definitely find a way. Let’s catch up once I’m back.

We’ll meet up for some awesome times. Gonna miss you all. Love you.”

BTS Jimin Jungkook enlistment

Credit: Jungkook’s Weverse

Similarly, Jungkook hosted a Weverse live on the eve of his enlistment. Turning on the camera at 1:44 AM, he shared, “I’ll be back safe and sound. I’m feeling restless as the day approaches, but I need to get some sleep today so I can focus well tomorrow. I’ll finish everything I need to do today and take a rest.”

He continued, “When tomorrow comes, all the members will be in military service. Thank you so much for supporting us until now. Stay healthy and happy. I’ll miss you. I can’t give a salute yet as I haven’t enlisted, but I’ll greet you with a proper salute after completing training. Goodbye. I love you. I’ll come back stronger.”

Jimin and Jungkook are expected to complete their military service on June 11th, 2025.

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003794404

*** Jimin and Jungkook entered the training camp around 1:30 PM in Yeoncheon-gun, Gangwon Province, where the 5th Infantry Division of the Army is located. Following RM and V, who enlisted the day before, they were the final members of BTS to enlist. ARMY expressed their support for BTS's enlistment quietly through various banners, which were displayed at the site. I also spotted large buses featuring their faces with supportive messages were at the training center location. I’m impressed with the ARMYs keeping their promise and not appearing at the training site. Also, ARMY focused on getting their songs on the charts, showing their love and support this way. Amazing! The expected discharge dates for RM, V, Jimin, and Jungkook are set for June 2025. For sure, for ARMY, it would be tough to be without them for 18 months.  :Ohboy3:

'Life Goes On' as Jimin, Jungkook begin military service

BTS's Jimin and Jungkook pass through the gate of a military boot camp in Yeoncheon County, Gyeonggi, where they will receive basic training in black SUVs on Tuesday.[YONHAP]

BTS's Jimin and Jungkook pass through the gate of a military boot camp in Yeoncheon County, Gyeonggi, where they will receive basic training in black SUVs on Tuesday.[YONHAP]

BTS's Jimin and Jungkook pass through the gate of a military boot camp in Yeoncheon County, Gyeonggi, where they will receive basic training in black SUVs on Tuesday. The area around the boot camp bustled with fans who came to say goodbye to the K-pop stars and buses carrying supportive messages for them, as well as placards bidding farewell.

Jimin and Jungkook posted pictures of themselves with shaved heads on the same day on the band's social media accounts. Now, all seven members of the K-pop megaband are enlisted for mandatory service.

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2023-12-12/entertainment/kpop/We-are-bulletproof/1933942

***  I read that J-Hope and Suga were not the only ones to see Jimin off as he enlisted. His father was present as well. His father updated the café’s official Instagram account to share a photo with his son, bidding him farewell. He wrote his caption in three languages, Korean, Japanese, and English, to thank ARMYs , “Hello, I’m ZM-illennial. I sent my son well. Your support gave Jimin a lot of strength. I heartily thank you.”    :heart2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0xmC9svYoo/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=50dfb4fc-4cc2-49ce-a507-418c69b773d1

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***  It’s already V’s second day in the military. Ahhh….. It’s going to be a long day for him, then. Park Seo Joon, his Wooga Squad Hyung also trained at Nonsan Camp site. We have seen yesterday that he has received his training attire/gear….. (uniform & boots) And I guess he’s getting a physical examination done, too by now. I guess the actual training has not begun yet. But I’m sure he’s going to do well.  :heart1:

In November, American singer-songwriter UMI teased a collaboration with V. The collab has yet to be released, though. She shared a video of V recording, with a white heart and dove emojis. She tagged him on Instagram and X bidding him farewell and promising to take care of their song.   :cutekitty:

*** J-Hope recently made his fateful return to Instagram with a heartfelt post and captioned it "Time goes on!!! Let’s go!!!"  He shared photos from the first day with Jin……as well as the four members who are about to being service. The next day, he posted a behind-the-scenes photo of Jimin and Jungkook……as well as a photo of the duo about to enlist with himself and Suga.   :heart4:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0vk9eWLDjZ/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=199dc1de-bf13-42e8-8954-6490dca8e2f8&img_index=5

ZbtvYcyyUUJFdnFz_SiY1BidRE792rk2MXfNZ0aS

hP9dy7-jVItAawzD2lQ9DOA-o_Dui6xD_1RhCo6L

uwbXjlHOdJibNdMsTTHtYyL5yB_8nsJ3sVmvzkKg

Spoiler

lPZ19qbnLk7gRYjue2wcpZpxR4sR3uk0D10wXx9t