[Drama 2003] All In 올인

rubie

Guest cherrylove316

i have started to re-watch this drama, and even though it is quite old, it's still my most favorite drama ever! an added plus is that it stars my favorite beatiful actress han ji min (though only for two episodes) and song hye gyo.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have started to re-watch this drama, and even though it is quite old, it's still my most favorite drama ever! an added plus is that it stars my favorite beatiful actress han ji min (though only for two episodes) and song hye gyo.

Hi cherrylove316, welcome to the thread. ^^

Glad to know that All In is still your most fave to watch. :D It is indeed a classic romance plus cool action throughout their journey of love with familiar family-friendship theme that will warm our hearts every time. :blush:

Feel free to share anything about the drama series.. pics, comments, thoughts and all about All In.

Song Hye-gyo hawks Levi’s Lady Style

January 22nd, 2009 // by javabeans

NISI20090122_0000521255_web.jpg

Having recently wrapped her latest drama, The World They Live In, which was generally well-received but performed poorly in the ratings, Song Hye-gyo is out with her latest ad campaign.

Levi’s has just released their latest ads featuring the pint-sized actress, who sports their “Lady Style” line of apparel (and some really bad extensions).

Her look is described as being based on a “curvy doll” concept in the new Diamond jeans (the line will be out for sale in mid-February).

Via Newsis, copied from dramabeans.com

Obviously.. nothing to do with the thread :wacko: .. will edit it later.. :sweatingbullets:

Sung Yuri’s film debut

January 27th, 2009 // by javabeans

Former singer turned actress Sung Yuri (Hong Gil Dong, Snow Queen) is taking the next leap in her acting career: movies.

She’ll be toplining the film Rabbit and Lizard (working title), directed by Joo Ji-hong. Her character May is an adoptee who returns to Korea for the first time in 23 years to find her roots.

Sung said of her big-screen debut, “Since it’s my first time trying a movie, I’m nervous and excited.” After reading the script, she had felt such a desire to portray this character that she made an eager appeal for the part.

The film is scheduled to begin production in February; meanwhile, she’s also slated for the weekend drama series unofficially called “All In 2,” aka SBS’s Swallow the Sun, alongside Ji Sung (New Heart) and Lee Wan (Insoon is Pretty), which will air in June.

Via Segye, credits to dramabeans.com

February 2, 2009

映画・ドラマのもう一つの楽しみ、スターの友情出演

Drama & movie stars cameo appearances

4553_1.jpg

L-R: Lee Byung Hun (Hero), Ji Sung (Fate), Jeon Do Yeon (On Air), Ji Jin Hee (Star's Lover)

Gist of related excerpt only

Among a few notable cameo drama & movie appearances from recent years were Ji Sung (right after his military service), who made an appearance in Kwon Sang Woo & Song Seung Hun's movie 'Fate', while Lee Byung Hun appeared for a 5-min cameo in Takuya Kimura's 2007 movie 'Hero' as the Korean counterpart to Kimura's role.

主演級スターの友情出演が、最近映画・ドラマの一つの楽しみになっている。友情出演するスターは、映画やドラマの監督、PDまたはその作品に出演する主演俳優の親密さによりノーギャラ(?)で、短くは何秒から何回かにかけて出演する。

映画やドラマの主演よりも、一層華麗なスターが友情出演した作品を調べて見よう!まず最近月火ドラマトップの『花より男子』のハン・チェヨンとキム・ヒョンジュは、F4主演よりもさらに名のあるスターが、何回かにわたり特別出演して、ドラマに面白味を加えた。また、放映中の水木ドラマ、チェ・ジウ主演『スターの恋人』には、カメオでチ・ジニとシン・ヒョンジュンが姿を見せた。そして、昨年のヒット作パク・ヨンハ、キム・ハヌル、ソン・ユナ主演のドラマ『オンエア』には、チョン・ドヨン、キム・ミンジュン、イ・チョニ、パク・シヨン、イ・ヒョリ、カン・ヘジョン、イ・ソジン、キム・ジョンウンなど大型スターが団体でカメオ出演した。映画ではクォン・サンウ、ソン・スンホン主演の『宿命』にチソンが、友情出演という言葉が面目を失うほど、多くの出演を誇った。また、木村拓哉主演『ヒーロー』には、韓国人検事にイ・ビョンホンが出演して話題になった。

今後は主演俳優だけでなく、カメオ出演にも多くの精魂を込めなければならない時がきたようだ。

4553_10.jpg4553_11.jpg

Source: innolife.net

I was watching Yunyega in KBSWORLD last Monday. They had a feature on Park Yong Ha. And he sang the ALL IN theme song that he sang for the drama. I love his voice. Makes me miss ALL IN all over again.

Hi zashibear - ye, I saw it, too. He must have liked this song very much. Actually, I like the song, too. The tune really fits to his good voice. When I heard & listened to him singing it, I started reminiscing the drama, wanting to re-run the series. This drama is really cool! :lol::)

February 11, 2009

Japan hopes to attract tourists from Lee drama

200902110025.jpg

Japan's Akita Prefecture is hoping to cash in when actor Lee Byeong-heon's upcoming television espionage series "IRIS," is filmed there in March.

According to Gyodo News Agency on Monday, filming on the high budget, high concept series will commence filming in the North Honshu prefecture over a period of three weeks. A sudden influx of tourism is expected which looks to generate the estimated 2 billion yen revenue.

Lee will play a rogue national security agent who smuggles into Japan. Scenes shot in Akita will mostly involve the actor's infiltration sequence. Other candidate districts in Akita that are currently being considered are Semboku and Oga.

"Whenever my wife watches Korean dramas I sometimes watch it passively, but since Lee Byeong-heon is popular I believe he will have positive influence here," said Akita governor Sukeshiro Terata.

The Akita municipalities are now organizing sponsorships with local businesses to organize a reception for Lee and plan to provide room and board for the 80 member production staff.

Production is set to begin in March 10 with Lee, Kim Tae-hee, Jung Joon-ho, and Big Bang's T.O.P. (Choi Seung-hyun) filming the opening action sequence. The 20 episode espionage thriller will be helmed by movie director Yang Yoon-ho, who directed "Holiday" and "Libera Me," and producer Kim Gyu-tae who directed the KBS2TV drama "A Love to Kill."

By Song Woong-ki (kws@heraldm.com) via koreaherald.co.kr

Korean drama 'IRIS' to generate W3 Billion in Japan

090211.jpg

The Korean drama "Iris" starring top actor Lee Byeong-heon is expected to generate some 200 million yen (3 billion won) in economic benefits in Japan's Akita prefecture, where it will be shot.

Kyodo News says the prefecture officially announced the Korean drama will be shot there for 3 weeks from mid-March. Officials expect the economic effect will include a rise in tourist numbers.

Scenes shot there will mainly focus on Lee, who is playing an intelligence agent fleeing Korea and infiltrating Japan. The production agency Taewon says Akita was picked for its snow covered scenery. As for the exact location in Akita, either Oga or Senboku districts will be the likely choice.

Akita governor Sukeshiro Terata said, "I get a glimpse of Korean dramas when my wife watches them. But 'Iris' starring Lee, highly popular in Japan, will have considerable positive impact to our prefecture."

Akita officials plan to form a corporate support team to help the shooting as well as a reception for the Korean actor. Accommodations for the drama's 80 Korean staffers will also be provided for free.

The first shoot on March 10 is an action scene featuring Lee, Kim Tae-hee, Jeong Jun-ho and TOP, a member of the boy band Big Bang. The 20-episode spy action series is jointly directed by filmmaker Yang Yun-ho, known for the movies "Holiday" and "Libera Me," and TV producer Kim Gyu-tae, who made the drama "Love I Want to Kill."

Meanwhile, Lee is returning to the small screen for the first time since the SBS hit drama "All In" 6 years ago. He will hold a large scale fan meeting in Tokyo on Feb. 28 -- he will be meeting his Japanese fans more than one year after his LBH Arena Tour in late 2007.

Source: KBS Global

RUBIE, I'm watching the encore of ALL IN at Arirang TV here in the Phils. Will it be a happy ending? I know Lee Byung Hun is one of the best actor in Korea but this is my first time to watch him in this drama. I have watched JU In Sung in Save the Last Dance and also Song Hye Kyo in Full House and 2 other dramas which I forgot the title.

Thanks,

RUBIE, I'm watching the encore of ALL IN at Arirang TV here in the Phils. Will it be a happy ending? I know Lee Byung Hun is one of the best actor in Korea but this is my first time to watch him in this drama. I have watched JU In Sung in Save the Last Dance and also Song Hye Kyo in Full House and 2 other dramas which I forgot the title.

Thanks,

Hi raewonkim, so good to see you at the thread. Welcome to All In! ^^

Not to worry.. after all the lovers' heartaches, tug of war and near-misses.. the drama ended in a good heartwarming way. :blush:

Hope you'll share with us your thoughts once you've finished watching the series. We'd love to read your thoughts.

February 17, 2009

Local Dramas Enduring With Support In and Out

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

Actor So Ji-sub who will star in new SBS drama "Cain and Abel"

The economy looks gloomy, and a dark cloud is casting a shadow over the local drama industry. But producers and networks alike are striving to keep up with demands from viewers, with support in and out of the country.

Local television network SBS will offer a new drama "Swallow the Sun" this July and has joined hands with renowned Canadian circus troupe "Cirque du Soleil" for the show. "After discussions with the vice president of the troupe in Taiwan, we decided, in Las Vegas, to bring the circus in April,'' Yoo Chul-yong, the producer, said.

He added that they decided to appear without any royalties, as it considers Korea a potential market. The new drama is being made by the makers of 2003's hit drama "All In," writer Choi Wan-kyu and Yoo.

Seogwipo, a city on Jeju Island, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the production company for "Swallow the Sun," as the drama is to be filmed entirely in the city, with the exception of scenes abroad.

"We signed the MOU last July, promising support for the overall filming of the drama. We will help them film in some of our best locations and also try to help alleviate any hindrances during the shoots. It's more of a mutual relationship,'' an official from Seogwipo's Supporting Investment Division said.

She added that the drama is planning to use exact location names, so the city anticipates a boost in tourism.

Meanwhile, Taewon Entertainment's "IRIS," starring actors hallyu leader Kim Tae-hee and Lee Byung-hun, managed to get support from not only Seoul city, but Akita Prefecture, in Japan, which anticipates that the drama will bring in approximately 200 million yen, or 3 billion won, in revenue. The province also decided to provide free lodging to the drama's 80 crewmembers.

Seoul will also offer its support to the drama, which is striving to become the next "Winter Sonata" and entertain international fans. "The main support we are offering is administrative. We also recommend places that we think will fit the drama. As "IRIS" will be filmed here in Seoul, it will also be a good way to introduce interesting places to not only local viewers, but viewers abroad,'' a Seoul official told The Korea Times.

Meanwhile, MBC's upcoming drama "Cain and Abel" held a press conference at Cheongju Airport last week and hinted at support from the city in North Chungcheong Province.

The city will in fact provide 500 million won and offer administrative support by allowing filming inside city buildings and organizations. In return, the producers decided to film the drama in Cheongju for more than eight episodes out of the total 20.

"It's exceptional to be supported with such an amount of money from a city, especially in such difficult times. Cheongju is looking forward to attracting more tourists to the city with the help of the drama and hallyu star So Ji-sub,'' Plan B Pictures, the production company, said in a statement.

090217_p14_local.jpg

Popular drama "Boys Over Flowers" was fortunate enough to receive support from New Caledonia.

The drama aired episodes in which five characters took a trip to the beautiful island, and now it will offer viewers episodes taking place in Macao.

"When news hit that Korea was filming the next `Boys Over Flowers' series, there were proposals from Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan, but we wanted to offer viewers places that were new to our fans. It's not just about pretty locations or promoting a certain area, but a way to promote the drama industry and bring more interesting scenes,'' the drama's production company, Group Eight, said through a statement.

Credits: sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

February 22, 2009

Feel the vibes - Seoul Superstars

Two of Seoul's most famous citizens are the subject of a major documentary on South Korea

Compiled by MICHAEL CHEANG

hipkorea_2.jpg

Image from japan.discovery.com

Rain and Lee Byung Hun ride the Korean pop culture wave with aplomb.

AH ... South Korea. The land of kimchi (fermented vegetable appetiser), shabu-shabu (steamboat), Jinro (Korean distiller), the 2002 FIFA World Cup (well, half of it, anyway), and taekwondo. These days, though, the republic is not only increasingly known for its electronic gadgets but also, an exploding pop culture scene with a popularity that is spreading like wildfire across the world.

This is thanks in part to a robust entertainment industry with a knack for coming up with critically-acclaimed movies and tear-jerking TV dramas that feature a seemingly endless stream of luscious actresses (all of whom seem to be able to burst into tears at will), and heartthrob male artistes with the ability to make thousands of girls swoon and go weak at the knees.

Malaysians got to catch Rain’s spectacular showmanship during his Rain’s Coming concert at Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil, in 2007.

Of the latter, more testosterone-fuelled group, two names stand out– Jung Ji Hoon (better known as Rain) and Lee Byung Hun. One is a pop idol who can drive girls into a frenzy with a single dance step, and the other’s an acclaimed veteran actor with countless awards and who has appeared in some of the biggest Korean box-office hits ever.

They have little else in common apart from having acted in Hollywood blockbuster movies (Rain in last year’s Speed Racer and Lee in the upcoming G.I. Joe) and being among their country’s top international celebrities.

Well, now they have another thing in common – the two will be the focal point of Discovery Channel’s new documentary Hip Korea. The series chronicles the rise of the Korean pop culture wave through the personal journeys of these two superstars.

Hip Korea contains two hour-long episodes. The first is Seoul Vibes – Jihoon Jung that premieres on Discovery Channel tomorrow while the second instalment, Seoul Savvy – Byung Hun Lee, airs in June.

Hip Korea is a broadcast initiative by Discovery Networks in partnership with the Seoul Metropolitan Government, and is co-produced with Bang Singapore Pte Ltd. The series will no doubt be a boost to the Koreans’ desire to reinvent their capital city as the “Soul of Asia, a city of design and culture’’.

Unstoppable Rain

Rain plays ninja assassin Raizo in the upcoming feature directed by James McTeigue.

The role allows the Korean heartthrob to flex his muscles, literally.

‘Hip Korea: Seoul Vibes’ follows the launch of Rain’s latest and fifth Korean album ‘Rainism’, and showcases his talent and skills as a musician and performing artiste.

If there was any doubt in my mind about Rain’s ability to entertain, it was banished when the singer-songwriter staged a concert at Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, in January 2007. During that event I witnessed two sides to the superstar. By day, he was mild-mannered Jung Ji Hoon who answered interview questions with a shy smile and a quiet, humble demeanour. But by night, he turned into the wild dance machine that the performer is so famous for, electrifying the stadium with his slick moves and charming looks.

Brief as my encounter with the laconic hunk was, I was thoroughly convinced that the young chap was truly meant to be a star – a far cry from his days of hunger and poverty living with his parents and his younger sister.

He has not forgotten the hard life nor his late mother’s words of wisdom. In a previous interview, the 26-year-old Seoul native proudly stated: “My mum always taught me: Work hard, be humble, and be patient. That has become my motto.” (His mother never lived to see her son’s success as she passed away just before his 2002 singing debut.)

Born on June 25, 1982, Rain (“Bi” in Korean; his dancing apparently was redolent of a rainy day) spent most of his youth honing his dancing skills. He made his foray into the entertainment world in 2000 when he was recruited by the acclaimed JYP Entertainment company, founded by acclaimed producer and artiste Park Jin Young.

After spending several years as a backup dancer, Rain finally released his first album, Bad Guy, in 2002, and in the same year made his acting debut in the drama series Orange.

In a couple of years the young guy became a well-known star in his home nation but it wasn’t until his starring role in Full House (opposite the popular Song Hye Kyo) in 2004 that Rain truly gained international stardom.

The TV show about the romance between a famous actor and a regular woman, which was shown in countries all over Asia, including Malaysia, turned out to be one of the highest-rated Korean series. Rain was also much-hailed for his performance in the show, winning a best actor award at the KBS Awards in 2005.

Striking the iron while it was hot, Rain’s third album – the 2004 It’s Raining – became his most successful album to date, topping most of the Asian charts. It also provided an impetus to the wildly successful Rain’s Coming world tour that kicked off in 2006. The concert series saw Rain enthralling audiences from South Korea to Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, United States, Singapore and, of course, Malaysia.

Rain’s spectacular achievements in 2006 included the release of his fourth Korean album, Rain’s World, as well as his first film role in the Park Chan Wook romantic comedy, I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK. Memorably, he made it to Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.

Last August, Rain joined well-known Chinese entertainers to sing Beijing, I Love Beijing during the closing ceremony of the 2008 Olympics at the Bird’s Nest stadium.

Now that he has conquered Asia, Rain is currently setting his sight on Hollywood. He has already appeared in one summer blockbuster – as a rookie racer in last year’s Speed Racer directed by the Wachowski brothers. His latest Hollywood assignment is playing the title role of Ninja Assassin (set for release this year).

At the 2008 San Diego Comic Con in the US, Rain told About.com Hollywood Movies that he had learnt taekwondo before the film. “I learned taekwondo, it’s Korean martial arts. And for this movie, I learned ninja expressions, ninja techniques and ninja martial arts. You’re going to like it.”

And we like his fighting spirit.

Storming ahead

byunghun_04.jpg

Image from Men's Uno February 2009

‘Hip Korea: Seoul Savvy’ follows Lee Byung Hun during the launch of ‘The Good, the Bad, the Weird’, South Korea’s top-grossing film last year, and the release of his best-selling Japanese single ‘Itsuka’.

Speaking of ninjas and Hollywood, Lee will also be making his Hollywood debut this year, as ninja villain Storm Shadow in the sci-fi thriller G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (tentative release: August).

While it is otherwise a major role for Lee, it does seem a shame that the thespian will spend most of the movie behind a mask. Western audiences are thus prevented from getting acquainted with one of South Korea’s most recognisable faces, and one of the main folk responsible for Korean entertainment’s massive following outside the country.

The 38-year-old born in Seoul on July 12, 1970, is also noted for being among the first in a generation of seasoned Korean directors and actors who have engaged overseas fans with their thought-provoking dramatic work.

After making his acting debut in the 1991 TV drama Asphalt My Hometown, Lee spent his early career largely doing TV shows and appearing in several feature films.

He reached superstar status in 2000 when he smashed his way to box-office success with Joint Security Area, a Park Chan Wook movie which overtook 1999’s Shiri to become the biggest hit in South Korea at the time. Joint Security Area – about a shooting in the volatile North-South Korean border – also won Lee a best actor trophy (which he shared with co-star So Kang Ho) at the Pusan Film Critics Awards.

After the success of that film, Lee went from strength to strength, gaining a reputation as one of Korea’s leading actors with a prodigious body of work in both film and TV, including the dramas Beautiful Days in 2001 and All In (opposite his one-time girlfriend Song Hye Kyo) in 2003.

He even dabbles a little in music, releasing an eponymous album last year (which included the Japanese single Itsuka or “One Day”). Lee is also popular in neighbouring Japan.

In the US$17mil (RM55mil) Kim Jee Woon-helmed The Good, the Bad, the Weird – which is touted as a kimchi western – Lee plays “the Bad”, a hitman and one of three people fighting for a treasure map in Manchuria during the Japanese occupation of the 1930s.

Besides G.I. Joe this year, Lee, who is able to speak English, French and Mandarin, will also be seen in the crime thriller I Come with the Rain alongside Hollywood star Josh Hartnett and Hong Kong actor Shawn Yue.

Still single, Lee revealed his sensitive side in a 2007 interview with The Straits Times when he said this of the opposite sex: “The most important value when I think of a woman is her purity. Because of the tough changes of our society, I think we are losing our truthfulness. So the inside is becoming more important than ever.”

‘Hip Korea: Seoul Vibes’ premieres on Discovery Channel (Astro Channel 551) at 8pm tomorrow, and encores on Tuesday at 6am and 11am. ‘Hip Korea: Seoul Savvy’ will be aired in June.

Source: The Star Online

Copied from the 45th Baeksang Awards thread, thanks to kdramafanusa

Baeksang's Grand Prize tends to go to a particular work, there were cases where an individual director/star won it.

Year / Broadcasting Section's GrandPrize / Film Section's GrandPrize

44th (2008): Kang Ho-Dong (KBS Happy Sunday) / The Chaser

43rd (2007): Jumong (MBC) / Tazza

42nd (2006): My Name Is Kim Sam-Soon (MBC) / The King & The Clown

41st (2005): Lovers In Paris (SBS) / Marathon

40th (2004): actress Kim Hee-Ae / director Kang Woo-Seok (movie Silmido)

39th (2003): All In (SBS) / The Way Home

38th (2002): Emperor Wang Gun (KBS) / actor Seol Kyung-Gu (movie Public Enemy)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to leslie_lei at IRIS thread

All In actors reunite in IRIS..

Japanese actress Fueki Yuko (YOO MIN)

will be joining IRIS and will take part the role of Japanese investigator ERIKO SATO.

She worked with Lee Byung Hun before in the drama ALL IN and is reunited with him after 6 years.

Please read original article

[CLICK HERE]

c:rama@joynews24.com

--correct me if i'm wrong but she's that girl in ALL IN who also fell in love with LBH and

was supposedly friends with SHK?? I wanted to share a few notes but the only trans might

be wrong. Anyhow, it seemed that YOOMIN a part of Cabinet Information Research Office will

be investigation LBH and his espionage work.

PLS CLICK HERE

--a short clip talking about LBH and IRIS shooting in AKITA, Japan and practically the Hallyu storm in Japan.

200903131138019160.jpg

more info about her:

Name: 유민 / Yoo Min (Yu Min)

Also known as: 笛木優子 (ふえき ゆうこ) / Fueki Yuko

Profession: Actress

Birthdate: 1979-June-21

Birthplace: Tokyo

Height: 163cm

Weight: 43kg

Star sign: Gemini

Blood type: B

Talent agency: Oscar Promotions (http://www.oscarpro.co.jp/profile/fueki/info.html)

TV Shows

Kagero no Tsuji (NHK, 2007)

Hotelier (TV Asahi, 2007)

Warui Yatsura (TV Asahi, 2007)

Attention Please (Fuji TV, 2006)

Bad Housewife (SBS, 2005)

Stained Glass (SBS, 2004)

Good Person (MBC, 2003)

All In (SBS, 2003)

Wuri's Family (MBC, 2001)

Movies

APARTMENT (2007)

Tsukigami (2007)

Blue Swallow (2005)

The Hotel Venus (2004)

Shin Yukiguni (2001)

Hotaru (2001)

credit: soompi forum thread

Posted on 03.13.09 to IRIS, Korean Dramas by hanfever

Japanese Actress Yoo Min Joins 'IRIS'

The cast of the upcoming drama 'IRIS' just got stronger. Japanese actress Yoo Min (Fueki Yuko) is the latest to join the drama which already has a star-studded cast, that includes Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, Jung Joon Ho, Kim Seung Woo, Kim So Yeon and TOP.

20090313_ym.jpg

According to press release from the production company on the 13th, Yoo Min will play an important member of the Japanese Defence Intelligence Headquarters, Sato Eriko. During the interrogation of the captured suspect Kim Hyun Joon (Lee Byung Hun), Sato Eriko discovers his extraordinary ability and thus releases him from the prison. In return, Hyun Joon has to accomplish a secret mission given to him.

This project will be the collaboration between Lee Byung Hun and Yoo Min once again after a period of 6 years. They last acted together in the 2003 drama “All In”.

17841.jpg

Scene from All In

'IRIS' has began its filming in Akita Prefecture, Japan on the 10th with Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee and Kim So Yeon. Yoo Min, Jung Joon Ho, Kim Seung Woo and TOP will be joining the team some time this month.

Translation credits: hanfever.com

Korean media News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News

News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News

• 2 weeks later...

Uhh.. not directly All In.. obviously but a mention.. to share..

Ji Sung goes all in for Swallow the Sun

March 27th, 2009 // by javabeans

Actor Ji Sung (New Heart) is throwing himself into his next role, training intensely for upwards of nine hours every day.

This is for the new SBS drama Swallow the Sun [태양을 삼켜라], which has been casually referred to as the “All In sequel” because of the reteaming of director Yoo Chul-yong and writer Choi Wan-kyu, but it’s not really a proper sequel (think more along the lines of the Lovers “trilogy”). Still, even if it isn’t a follow-up to the wildly popular 2003 drama series All In (which starred then-couple Lee Byung-heon and Song Hye-gyo), the high-profile names involved makes this one of 2009’s more anticipated projects. Well, for most people, I suppose (not so much me).

Ji Sung started his training four months ago, which includes diving, weight training, boxing, and taekwondo. On top of that, since his character rides a motorcycle, he went out and bought his own bike to familiarize himself.

2009032711211395517_1.jpg

These photos come from the shoot that took place on the 17th; the scene involved illegal gambling and scuba diving, and the underwater filming spanned twelve hours.

Then, on the 26th, Ji Sung left for Johannesburg, South Africa, where he will spend the next two weeks filming. Following that, he heads to Las Vegas for some more overseas shoots.

In Swallow the Sun, his character was born out of wedlock and spent his childhood in an orphanage, growing up tough and stubborn amidst adverse circumstances. However, despite his harsh exterior, he changes with the love of a woman (of course), played here by Sung Yuri (Hong Gil Dong).

Swallow the Sun premieres on Wednesdays and Thursdays in July, and also stars Lee Wan (Insoon Is Pretty) and Yoo Oh-sung (Lump of Sugar).

Via Asia Economy from dramabeans.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dartmom

Does anyone know the name of the actor who plays Michael Jang? He looks familiar to me but I just can't place him. I can't find any credit for him in any of the cast lists I've seen either.

Thanks,

---Linda

Does anyone know the name of the actor who plays Michael Jang? He looks familiar to me but I just can't place him. I can't find any credit for him in any of the cast lists I've seen either.

Thanks,

---Linda

Hi Linda, welcome to All In. So good to see you here. ^^ Hope you'll keep on posting, nice to note that this is your 2nd post at the forum.

Who's the actor playing Michael Jang.. hmm.. a good question, indeed.. :huh: I wish I could say I have his name at the tip of my tongue but truth is rubes here has no idea at all. :blush: He does look very familiar, I agree.

Paging zashibear.. our All In resident fan.. :lol: .. whose been tracking many of the cast in other Kdramas as well. zashi might be able to help us with this.

Ohh.. ooohh.. wait.. wait.. I think I just remembered seeing the actor 'Michael Jang' in another Korean drama series. Let me go check and get back.. hopefully not a lookalike instead. :P

YES! :w00t: Got it finally! :w00t:

Big thanks to the cast list at Phoenix / Firebird drama thread, taking a wild guess at an unknown actor listed.. we have found him! Btw, in Firebird (Boolsae) he played a rather softie character.. friend of the leading man in the series, if I'm not mistaken.

Especially thanks to koreanwiz.org which had a small pic of him, leading to wiki-page confirming it.. :D .. however, both profile had different birth dates for the actor which happens quite often to Korean celebs. Anyway, most importantly.. we now have a name to refer. Yupyup!

Kim Byung Se

Kim_Byung_Se_1.jpg

KIM BYUNG SAE (Kim Byeong Se)

Born: January 1, 1963

Height/Weight: 178 cm (5' 10") / 70 kg (154 lbs)

School: California State University at Long Beach (industrial engineering major)

TV dramas: Last Scandal (Yoo-sik); Chunja's Special Day (Dal-sam); King & I; My Man's Woman (Dal-sam); My Trembling Heart (Bae Jong-ok's elementary school classmate); Phoenix (Ho-jin); Age of Warriors; All In (gambler) ; Bad Girls (Taek-soo); Orient Theatre (Soon-un); Housewife's Rebellion; Mr. Duke (Sung-il); Destiny; Paper Crane; When She Beckons (Attorney Jang)

kimbyungse.jpg

Name: 김병세 / Kim Byung Se (Kim Byeong Se)

Profession: Actor

Birthdate: 1962-Sep-26

Height: 178cm

Weight: 70kg

Star sign: Libra

Blood type: A

Drama series

Terroir (SBS, 2008)

Chunja's Happy Events (MBC, 2008)

Last Scandal (MBC, 2008)

The King and I (SBS, 2007)

My Man's Woman (SBS, 2007)