[Drama 2013] Good Doctor 굿 닥터

mrdimples

class="itemTitle"Moon Chaewon, "Green Scalpel" Female Lead Nominated … Will she work with Joo Won? class="itemTitle"
class="itemTitle"33vnndh.jpg

Actress Moon Chae-won has been nominated to be the female lead in the new KBS 2TV Mon/Tues drama, "Green Scalpel".

According to a representative of the broadcasting station, Moon Chae-won has been offered the role in playing Cha Yoon-seo, the associate professor in the pediatric surgery field. It has been made known that she is considering the role. If she goes through with this casting, it will be her comeback in around an year since her last drama KBS 2TV "Innocent Man".

Cha Yoon-seo is a character who dreams to be a doctor after volunteering at the pediatric cancer hospital department during her high school career and eventually rises to the associate professor position with outstanding talent at a young age. This character is gathering much interest as the female lead who will determine the chemistry with Joo Won's character, Park Minjae, who has an easy going and flawless personality.

Since Moon Chae-won has mostly taken sweet and innocent roles, her portrayal of "headstrong" Cha Yoon-seo is hugely anticipated.

In addition, "Green Scalpel" will be set on the background of pediatric surgery department with an autistic character with the savant syndrome, enclosed in his own world, who shows exceptional potential and his growth as a surgeon. The director is Ki Minsoo, the PD of "Ojakgyo Brothers". The writer is Park Jae-bum, who wrote the script for the OCN medical drama series "God's Quiz".

The drama is scheduled to air after "Shark" in August.

Translated by chrissy96@moonchaewon.net

http://www.moonchaewon.net/index.php/articles/news/2013/item/469-moon-chaewon-green-scalpel-female-lead-nominated-will-she-work-with-joo-won

class="itemTitle"Moon Chae-won, KBS Mon/Tues "Green Scalpel" Casted? "Nothing is Confirmed"4q0sch.jpg

Actress Moon Chaewon is considering the new KBS 2TV Mon/Tues Drama "Green Scalpel".

Moon Chaewon's agency, MS Team Entertainment has told My Daily on the 29th, "We have received the casting proposal from 'Green Scalpel' but nothing is confirmed yet. Rather, we are pondering over the project."

The character that Moon Chaewon is pondering over is a character who dreams of becoming a doctor after volunteering at the pediatric cancer hospital department during her high school career, Cha Yoonseo.

In addition, "Green Scalpel" will be set on the background of pediatric surgery department with an autistic character with the savant syndrome, enclosed in his own world, who shows exceptional potential and his growth as a surgeon. Recently, actor Joowon has been confirmed as the main character, Park Si-on. The drama is scheduled to air after "Shark".

http://www.moonchaewon.net/index.php/articles/news/2013/item/470-moon-chae-won-kbs-mon-tues-green-scalpel-casted-nothing-is-confirmed

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="itemTitle""Green Scalpel" "Moon Chaewon is the Female Lead? Nothing is Confirmed"201305062049770647_518798cf903fc.jpg

The production crew of the new KBS 2TV Mon/Tues drama "Green Scalpel" has replied to the news that actress Moon Chae-won has been proposed to be the female lead as "Nothing is confirmed".

The production crew of "Green Scalpel" revealed to OSEN in the afternoon of the 29th, "The actress who will portray the female lead will be chosen before next week".

Presently, "Green Scalpel" has confirmed Joo-won to portray the role of the genius doctor, Park Min-jae. And Moon Chae-won has received the offer of portraying the associate professor of the pediatric surgery, Cha Yoon-seo.

In addition, "Green Scalpel" is a 'human medical drama' about the process of a youth with a growth/development disorder who gets recognized as a true surgeon.

http://www.moonchaewon.net/index.php/articles/news/2013/item/471-green-scalpel-moon-chaewon-is-the-female-lead-nothing-is-confirmed

Guest sicknine

@bobsavero I can't wait to watch it together with you and all JW's fans.
Half of me is JSW's fans since I admired him in TEN for 2 seasons :)) . He's super dashing in his drama. Mwa hahahahahaha
Now Moon Chae Won has been offered for a role in Green Mass. I hope she accept it :D

Guest maea18

[DRAMABEANS] Moon Chae-won offered lead in Green Scalpelby javabeans 

moonchaewon_112.jpg

Ooh. Suddenly interested in Green Scalpel, although Moon Chae-won isn’t yet confirmed; she’s only said to be considering the drama. Still, she adds a dash of interest to the medical series starring Joo-won as an autistic savant who’s a surgical genius with the personality of a grade-schooler.

The role Moon Chae-won is up for is of a pediatric surgeon named Cha Yoon-seo, which should offer up an interesting dynamic between her and the lead. Cha Yoon-seo chooses to become a doctor after volunteering in a children’s cancer ward in high school, and with her hard work and brains she becomes an associate professor at a relatively young age. She’s got an easy-going personality with a tomboyish nature, which is a bit of a departure but also totally up her alley. Moon may have played chic and steely in Nice Guy and portrayed a proud princess in The Princess’s Man, but she’s got the ability to play approachable and artless as well.

Plus, while age is but a number in real-life romance, I do think it’s more interesting to give the hero a potential love interest whose age disparity is on an emotional level without also being reflected in their real ages. Were this a noona relationship where the heroine is older both physically and mentally, that would just feel like too much power imbalance for comfort. (Note: The drama description does not promise romance. However, you don’t cast Joo-won and Moon Chae-won and then ignore romance, do you? I’d be happy with a romance-less story of human bonding and relationships, but I’m not sure dramaland really knows how to do that yet.)

Well, let’s hope that Moon Chae-won accepts the offer, ’cause I love her and find her one of her generation’s more compelling actresses. Also, she keeps improving from project to project, which is a good sign in any actor. Also also, I’ve only ever liked Joo-won with one of his leading ladies (UEE) and found that the relationships greatly suffered when there wasn’t that spark. (Jin Se-yeon was very green next to him, and Choi Kang-hee was never paired with him in any drama or ever shall be, the end.) Fingers crossed that these two will have it.

Green Scalpel will follow Shark and premiere in August.

Guest jjsweeter0211

I wish both Moon Chae Won and Jung Ryeo Won confirm as the female leads of this drama.
Just realised the name of our casts started with W hehe and our male leads have the same last name while the female leads have the same first name. How interesting~W4 ;)) :x2Joo ;))2Won ;)
I can imagine my new two OTPs

Joo Won- Moon Chae Won
tumblr_mn7p4iYXI91qge0vdo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mmcbmf9DUc1rz97n5o1_1280.jpg

Joo Sang Wook- Jung Ryeo Won
tumblr_mmvdseeXh71qaqy7eo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mn1j64NSwn1qgkpn4o1_500.jpg

Guest 7rfei

This cast is seriously killing me~ I was already invested when Joo Won was casted, then Moon Chae Won strongly considering and now Joo Sang Wook confirmed? Not the biggest fan of medical dramas but I'm excited for this one. 

Guest arch00

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH I CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT. Cutie doctor plzzzzzzz come fast 
wNJg2m2.gif
kNhePaI.gif
thanx @simplydramafied1082 

sicknine said: @bobsavero I can't wait to watch it together with you and all JW's fans.
Half of me is JSW's fans since I admired him in TEN for 2 seasons :)) . He's super dashing in his drama. Mwa hahahahahaha
Now Moon Chae Won has been offered for a role in Green Mass. I hope she accept it :D

I'm so excited to see again JW acting in a drama so soon! I was kind of resigned to the idea that he will pick up a new drama only after he finishes filming his current movie and after the ending of his musical's showings, which could have happened somewhere in early 2014, but instead I had a pleasant surprise. And he's coming back with "Ojakgyo Brothers"' PD, which doubles my excitement.

I'm neutral towards medical/human dramas in general, and the only one I loved amongst Korean ones is "Surgeon Bong Dal Lee", which incidentally has been written by OB's same writer. I think with a right mix of human drama, comedy and romance, it could result in a pretty enganging medical show, attracting all sorts of viewers and catering to different tastes and age groups, like "Surgeon BDL" did, imo.

I love the confirmed cast of Green Scalpel so far, and I'm only waiting for the rumoured cast to confirm as well, or to hear that some female leads have been casted finally.

Guest septmoon16

@raijaye - yay thanks for starting this thread!

can't wait to have the full cast confirmed --- i'm already dying to meet Joo Won MD :D

9335c3f7-7ec3-4ed9-8b3f-4b743c1bd524_zps

Guest twinkleshoes

Jung Ryeo Won or Moon Chae Won, either way i'm gonna be so happy because Joo Won's the lead!!! Why is August so far away?

Archived